Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 45 reply threads

• Author

• LVBUC2

Participant

I really thought the Bucs picked the right guy.  I was wrong, not saying Wintson will not be a good QB but Marcus is head and shoulders ahead of Winston, unless the Bucs D is that bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really thought the Bucs picked the right guy.  I was wrong, not saying Wintson will not be a good QB but Marcus is head and shoulders ahead of Winston, unless the Bucs D is that bad.

Its both.Too bad everyone seemed to bite on the hype.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs D is THAT bad. Mariota is looking at his first read and throwing it to the guy. And they’re usually wide open. I’ll give MM credit too, he has been very accurate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m going to have to find a freaking crow buffet after this game!!!!Winston looked like a rookie and Mariota looked like a Pro Bowler.Doug Martin and ASJ were our top players on offense. And our defense, which is supposed to be dominating with all of these additions who are familiar with the scheme looked like chopped liver. All we had to do was take away the short passes and force Mariota to stand in the pocket.......fail. This is a fail of epic proportions and it just goes to show that the Bucs are not turning the corner just yet. We are a very bad football team.I was pinning my hopes on the defense to dominate against the rookie QB. We needed the defense to step it up. All eyes are on Lovie Smith right now. He got some splainin' to do.Wow, just wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t worry guys, we are going to look at the tape and correct it, its that easy!!! Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No need to eat crow.  It’s not all on Winston.  He’s a rookie not the second coming of Luck.  He might be ok.  Lovie is a mess.  He needs to be fired.  Washed up loser.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs D is THAT bad. Mariota is looking at his first read and throwing it to the guy. And they're usually wide open. I'll give MM credit too, he has been very accurate.

Both, maybe. Bucs D was disgusting today. Mariota was quick and accurate but they didn't challenge him at all. Lovie was totally outcoached.I'll wait until I see Mariota play against a few more teams before I crown him. Let's see how he does against the Bills in a few weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs D is THAT bad. Mariota is looking at his first read and throwing it to the guy. And they're usually wide open. I'll give MM credit too, he has been very accurate.

We could have put one of these in the middle of the defense and it would have made more plays against the pass.3-I.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still am not sure if it was Mariota being so good, or the Bucs defense being so bad. Just got home and will watch the game. Not sure I will get an real answers though. Jameis played like a rookie. The thing is, I expected him to play a little better than the average rookie. Of course Luck had a QB rating of 56 and three turnovers in this first game. I will say, from what I watched in the preseason, the Titans showed little of of what they showed today. But I asked Lovie about that specifically last week. If he expects the Titans to show some things differently and he basically said they might but they were preparing for it. Legit question - do the Bucs do a better job if this was a Week 13 game instead of Week 1? With more film? This is certainly a different offense than what the Titans ran last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still am not sure if it was Mariota being so good, or the Bucs defense being so bad. Just got home and will watch the game. Not sure I will get an real answers though. Jameis played like a rookie. The thing is, I expected him to play a little better than the average rookie. Of course Luck had a QB rating of 56 and three turnovers in this first game. I will say, from what I watched in the preseason, the Titans showed little of of what they showed today. But I asked Lovie about that specifically last week. If he expects the Titans to show some things differently and he basically said they might but they were preparing for it. Legit question - do the Bucs do a better job if this was a Week 13 game instead of Week 1? With more film? This is certainly a different offense than what the Titans ran last year.

We have lots of film on the Saints. So let's see where this takes us next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It looked a lot like Oregon. Every pass attempt made by Mariota was a short throw except for one deep pass to Harry Douglass.Of course it would be different in week 13 because we would have had film on them. IMO this was a complete coaching failure from top to bottom. The fact that we were unable to jump the short throws and make Mariota stand in the pocket is a GD disgrace. Any pee wee level coach knew that had to be the game plan going in. I have been fully behind Lovie Smith up until this point. What I saw out there today was inexcusable. He is officially on the hot seat as far as I am concerned. Forget about Winston, he played about as I would expect behind that OL, but the defense? No way can they let the rookie pick them apart like that. No way.No excuse for it. I hope they turn it around quickly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have lots of film on the Saints. So let's see where this takes us next week.

The voice of reason haha ^^^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st game of many. Didn't start well but one game is jumping the gun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota looked good and mariota will be a good QB, but some of you are forgetting he went up against the same defense that made Dereck Anderson look like a pro bowler, joe flacco have a career high against, Matt Ryan almost break NFL scoring records against, and random no names like Austin Davis dice up. Why would u watch the next man up do it and then immediately compare it to our rookie QB? I know the story line and narrative makes it very tempting but it’s honestly irrelevant. Winston will have his bad games this season, he’s what? 21? It’s not him being dropped in and ready to win super bowls now. The real problem we should have be taking extreme issue with is the abysmal defense that was on the field out there today which is the same defense to allow all those things mentioned above. There’s just no excuse for it anymore especially in the second year under lovie smith. Our roster certainly isn’t lacking the talent. Getting blown out used to something we could point to the roster and say well that’s what happens when you have no DTs, no DE, no LBs and Myron Lewis + piscatelli are on the field often, but we have quality players out there now. The scheme doesn’t work well but will refuse to change it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes... and no.  This game is an indictment of Lovie Smith, not the players.  This team had 5 months to prepare.  Had 9 months worth of Mariota film study, and was completely out coached.  I mean really, are you telling me that Lovie and Licht watched hours upon hours of film on Mariota, and Lovie couldn't come up with a game plan to stop him???  If that's the kind of decision making we have in the F.O. and our H.C., then maybe both need to go.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes... and no.  This game is an indictment of Lovie Smith, not the players.  This team had 5 months to prepare.  Had 9 months worth of Mariota film study, and was completely out coached.  I mean really, are you telling me that Lovie and Licht watched hours upon hours of film on Mariota, and Lovie couldn't come up with a game plan to stop him???  If that's the kind of decision making we have in the F.O. and our H.C., then maybe both need to go.

It's impossible for them to stop him because the bucs scheme doesn't allow it. If the pressure from the front 4 doesn't happen quick, which it doesn't, then an accurate QB is always going to dice up our cover 2 zone defense. its even worse now with slow guys like conte back there. Guys like mariota make it even harder too because if the front 4 does happen to do its job once mariota just rolls out and extends the play. The longer the plays are extends the more open receivers can get against zone. We're screwed on defense with lovie. Wasn't a fan of schiano himself but u have had to wish Kendal wright lots of luck catching the ball more then 3 times today if he were still the coach because a guy named revis would have been following his every movement. There #2 receiver would have gotten to know banks a lot better than he probably did today too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota still hasn’t faced an NFL defense.  Don’t anoint him just yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We don’t know how good MM really is because of how bad the Bucs D performed.  However, we do know that Winston is the guy we thought he was, Russel 2.0.  He simply is not a very good NFL level football player.  The footwork, interception gimmees, and slow delivery we saw in college are here on Sundays.  He is what he is.We never ever should have taken him.  As little as I think of the Buc FO, I don't think for a second they would have picked the guy had he not gone to FSU and in theory could sell tix.  I'm convinced the business people over ruled the football people here.  The Bucs wrecked the franchise for another 3 to 5 years picking him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark, Mariota looked so good because his HC created and executed a gameplan and play book suited to his new QB, simple and effective. Our new scheme looked a bit different but it also looked a bit plodding and it didn't help that our QB threw some absolute howlers today. The time Winston actually looked to be comfortable and semi accurate was when we went uptempo, this could have been because the Titans relaxed towards the end of the game, but, the one thing that has been consistent for the last 3 years is that when the Bucs have gone uptempo they have ended up being able to move the ball. The other consistent is that neither Schiano or Lovie want to run an uptempo O. The D is completely of Smith's making and the local press should take him to task on it. I'd almost swear that Lovie wasn't calling the plays and that Frazier was, and if it turns out that the latter really was calling the plays then he needs to go. Still, you can't blame it all on the D. Winston was awful. Lovie was awful. The Oline was awful.As for your question. I don't think it would have mattered if it was week 13 or not. This team has been appallingly ill prepared week in and week out. Last year they used the excuse of not having an O Coordinator to help, this year they do, and they still look bad. Nothing has really changed, apart from it being a new season, with the team still having massive issues on it's Oline, no pass rush, lack of WR speed, a secondary that you could sail the Titanic through and a QB that wasn't really needed.We deserve everything we get at this stage as the media has helped set the narrative for this utter farce by not being critical enough or objective enough when it matters. Time to start asking the tough questions Mark, because some of this hype has been manufactured by the media when more caution should have been portrayed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

O please. You can keep discounting MM day all you want. But you know damn well if Winston played this well everyone would be making him up to be the next best thing. Titans D is trash too.

Please wait…

• AMGIII

Participant

Come on!!! Jamais is exactly what a lot of us thought…terrible! And Mariotta is great! Another great bit of drafting by the Bucs. Was Gruden in the draft room??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

O please. You can keep discounting MM day all you want. But you know damn well if Winston played this well everyone would be making him up to be the next best thing. Titans D is trash too.

Exactly!  The hypocrisy runs deep. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Winston were on that same field in a Titans jersey, he would’ve produced the same output as Mariota did. I’m not saying this to discount Mariota, but his coaching staff did him way more favors. This game is Lovie’s failure through and through. Mariota is going to be a fine quarterback, and we’ll have to wait and see what our new head coach next year does with Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Winston were on that same field in a Titans jersey, he would've produced the same output as Mariota did. I'm not saying this to discount Mariota, but his coaching staff did him way more favors. This game is Lovie's failure through and through. Mariota is going to be a fine quarterback, and we'll have to wait and see what our new head coach next year does with Winston.

Exactly.....in the end it's all on Lovie.  Even at his PC he said he thought he team was ready to play.  He has said that many times and been wrong many times.  If a HC fails on a regular basis to even know if his team is ready, then he is simply not an NFL HC. And this goes back to Chicago too, not just here.  Maybe this was the cause of Tedford's "heart" problems.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And that last point should be noted more often; Titan’s D was awful. They were playing an injured CB (Cox) and the other starter was out (McCourty). They looked really sluggish overall.It seems likely Winston will get better, as he IS still a rookie, but then SO IS MARIOTA, and he will improve as he gains experience.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Come on!!! Jamais is exactly what a lot of us thought...terrible! And Mariotta is great! Another great bit of drafting by the Bucs. Was Gruden in the draft room??

Gruden would have drafted Mariota

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

so would have Dungy. 

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

so would have Dungy.

so would have java.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last night hurt to watch, because I was just plain wrong in so much I said earlier this year. Winston’s delivery did look painfully slow, almost Byron Leftwichesque at time, while Mariota’s release instantly looks on par with Aaron Rodgers and some of the best in history. Mariota was throwing darts right over the middle of the field, balls that Winston can’t throw because he doesn’t have a quick enough release.Now I'm not saying Winston is going to be horrible. He had his moments too, and maybe once Evans gets back on the field and Winston gets a bit more time his arm strength can show to be more of a factor, but Mariota looked amazing and a lot of the things he did against us will work against everyone (maybe not so easily as it did against us, but that release and beautiful play action are going to make a lot of plays for him).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Manning won with a 59.9 rating. His team has a D though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston's delivery did look painfully slow, almost Byron Leftwichesque at time, while Mariota's release instantly looks on par with Aaron Rodgers and some of the best in history. 

Yep, one of the tV commentators compared Mariota's quick release to that of Marino's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston's delivery did look painfully slow, almost Byron Leftwichesque at time, while Mariota's release instantly looks on par with Aaron Rodgers and some of the best in history. 

Yep, one of the tV commentators compared Mariota's quick release to that of Marino's.

And who would want that? /sarcasm.They fucked this up so bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m looking forward to seeing how Mariota does against Cleveland next week. Cleveland’s D is pretty good. As for Winston, if he can just not do dumb sh1t we should have a chance to beat New Orleans.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I'm looking forward to seeing how Mariota does against Cleveland next week. Cleveland's D is pretty good. As for Winston, if he can just not do dumb sh1t we should have a chance to beat New Orleans.

Our D gave up 28 points! As long as our D keeps doing that we're boned.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

where is Hate.  He needs to eat some crow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He does everything in slow motion. Kiss that “he makes throws in to tight windows” crap goodbye.

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

how many college QBs are ready for the NFL with only two years college experience and with his 2nd year being worse than his first?  Winston had bust written all over him just on a football player level.  Throw in the character concerns and it was the dumbest decision ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how many college QBs are ready for the NFL with only two years college experience and with his 2nd year being worse than his first?  Winston had bust written all over him just on a football player level.  Throw in the character concerns and it was the dumbest decision ever.

He only had one loss that 2nd year and carried a much less talented team in a lot of games. Winston will get better. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariotta hasn’t had a bad game yet, Winston hasn’t had a good one yet. You Winston lovers got what you wanted and we are fucked because of it. We are officially the Browns of the south. I love the excuses coming from the fsu fans.waiting on a few more

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know the PR hype machine would be chugging along…Winston has not changed much. He still stumbles coming out of the pocket, his reads are bad (probably because he has a shortened internal time clock because he doesn't trust the oline, and he knows the playbook most likely, so he may be trying to process too much), his release is just clunky looking and the passes looked like he was throwing beach balls out there. Just floating crap all over the place. And his first pass...oh my god that was embarrassing. He can talk about putting that stuff behind him, but that's gotta be haunting him for a while...terrible throw. He looked scared and honestly, he has deer in headlights syndrome already. Doesn't take long. Well...after the Saints piss pound the Bucs, I'm out til Lovie gets fired. No need to watch this anymore. This is baby football we are watching. It's just a bunch of hapless players on defense running around like its a Benny Hill sketch, and the offense looks like a bunch of women out there.

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

It’s only Week 1 and it’s their rookie seasons, so let’s not get carried away. I wanted Mariota but Winston will have ample opportunity to improve. It’s just that the reasons our franchise seemed to have for not taking Mariota were always bs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys are funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariotta hasn't had a bad game yet, Winston hasn't had a good one yet. You Winston lovers got what you wanted and we are (censored)ed because of it. We are officially the Browns of the south.

Pretty much

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like the offseason hasn't ended yet. Mariota's performance isn't as good as it looked because of  the system he is in, the play calling and the defense he was against. He doesn't read defenses and only throws short passes and screens. Winston would have done better if he was in Mariota's shoes, he's on a team with less talent/ability. It's crazy to see this stuff week in, week out. I wanted Mariota, but Winston is our guy now. I hope Winston improves, but good lord his first game was essentially every complaint/question folks had about him being the pick on display. Slow start, bad footwork, slow delivery, bad decisions and looking frazzled when under pressure. At the moment, Jaboo looks more like JarJar (runs like him too). I'll give him credit though, he did make a few nice throws out there from the highlights I saw. Hopefully with some improvement in the protection and Mike Evans coming back healthy, Winston can settle down some and have the game slow down for him. The coaching staff has to work more with him on his mechanics, he's reverted back to his slow wind up - can't use playing baseball in the offseason as an excuse any longer.

Please wait…

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.