Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 10 reply threads

• Author

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Watt opens the door for Reddick to hit the FA market.

Drafted by Arians in 2017 at AZ and flashes big late last season. Could be a solid option if we miss on Shaq.

• BucsSavant

Participant

As long as he is paid like the 4 sack guy he’s been his whole career, and not the 12.5 sack guy that flashed this contract year.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

Absolutely. There is a connection, may be good or could be bad. Personally I couldn’t see him commanding big money for those very reasons.

He is in his prime, could be a position of need and imo I could see a very reasonable asking price which could greatly help us and let’s face it, we’re SB champs don’t forget.

All depends on Shaq though.

• BucsSavant

Participant

Agreed, if Shaq does leave we need to pick up some form of veteran production, hopefully to platoon with a rookie @ 32

• buccnation

Participant

Yeah I just see Reddick wanting big money and I wouldn’t hand that out to him. If it’s a reasonable contract then sure but I would definitely still draft and edge rusher in the first two rounds. We need a DT and edge rusher in the first 4 rounds in my opinion.

Hopefully we are able to pick a DT, OL, and edge rusher in the first 4 rounds this year.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Why don’t we replace a proven commodity (shaq) with a similar price tag to he replacement who is a flash in the pan and also an unproven guy in our system. Love me some red board

• BucsSavant

Participant

Clearly the thread was created in the vein of contingency plans *if* we are unable to keep Barrett, and it was universally agreed upon that it should be nowhere near a Shaq<br />
        -sized price tag. But I guess some people just want to get their panties in a bundle and comment unnecessarily. Love me some red board

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by BucsSavant.

• TBChucky

Participant

We’ll definitely need a vet of some sort if Barrett leaves. I’m not sure, but isn’t Reddick considered undersized for the position, and a liability against the run?

• JC5100

Participant

Why can’t we replace Shaq the same way we found him?

Derek Barnett is another possibility if he gets released. Eagles are $40M over the cap. Maybe they would part with him for a late pick.

• Greattimes

Participant

Bump to get rid of advertising post.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Why can’t we replace Shaq the same way we found him?

I’m with you. There are so many examples of signing Edge guys on a 1-year, $4M deal and then that guy going on to lead the NFL in sacks (19.5) with the first year and 2nd in pressures (77) the next year.

Those dudes are a dime-a-dozen.

• JC5100

Participant

Doesn’t have to be $4M. Anything in the $10M range is good value. Mid 20s, 1 year deal at $10M or below, plus traits. Yes those guys do grow on trees.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Yes those guys do grow on trees.

Boy, that sounds swell.

Can I get the list of guys that signed for, lets say $10M or less, and then went on the lead the league in sacks with 19.5 sacks? It should be a pretty long list, since these guys grow on trees, per you.

• JC5100

Participant

Leading the league is sacks doesn’t need to be a constraint. But since you want to talk about sack leaders, five of the top 10 last year were in contract years and in the 25-28 age range with an average cap hit of $6.9M. Contract year pass rushers in their mid 20s is the sweet spot.

3. Trey Hendrickson, age 26, $1M cap hit
        4. Haason Reddick, age 26, $4.3M cap hit
        7. Leonard Williams, age 26, $16M cap hit
        9. Leonard Floyd, age 28, $10M cap hit
        10. Romeo Okwara, age 25, $3.2M cap hit

• JC5100

Participant

Candidates to break out in 2021

Derek Barnett
        Kemoko Turay
        Lorenzo Carter
        Jerome Baker
        Sam Hubbard
        Josh Sweat
        Duke Ejiofor
        Ogbonnia Okoronkwo

• Biggs3535

Participant

Leading the league is sacks doesn’t need to be a constraint.

Of course not. Why would it?

It sounds like the Shaq Barrett’s of the world don’t, in fact, grow on trees.

Contract year pass rushers in their mid 20s is the sweet spot.

3. Trey Hendrickson, age 26, $1M cap hit
      4. Haason Reddick, age 26, $4.3M cap hit
      7. Leonard Williams, age 26, $16M cap hit
      9. Leonard Floyd, age 28, $10M cap hit
      10. Romeo Okwara, age 25, $3.2M cap hit

Call me crazy, but don’t you tell everyone that will listen not sign pass rushers that explode in their contract years?

The constant moving of the goalposts is humorous.

• SaskBucs

Participant

If the Bucs lose Shaq, Reddick is an option and so are a lot of other guys. They will be cheaper than Shaq. Even if Reddick wants to be paid, 10-12 Million in Tampa with Brady and guys named Vea and JPP has to be super appealing for a guy willing to bet on himself.

Reddick could be thinking, I just got 12.5 sacks in AZ without Chandler Jones. 1 year in Tampa for 10 million and another 13 sacks gets me a 4 year deal at 17 million per.

If you can’t get sacks playing for Bowles alongside Vita, JPP and possibly Suh… you ain’t getting sacks.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.