Shop the newest Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan gear at Fanatics!

Embarrassed to own NFL tickets

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Biggs3535
    Participant

Lol @ the guy comparing drug arrests to being arrested for protesting a dictator questioning the ”logic” of another poster.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

BucfanNC12
    Participant

Like I said, you really don’t get it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    doublenickel55
    Participant

CrownlessKing
    Oct 5, 17 at 12:44 pm #1029916
    Could be wrong but I think Kaep’s shirt was Castro and Che, likely symbolizing revolution not communism.

It was what he said after (that some echo here) that was dumb. He’s dumb, not a communist lol

let me understand your logic here. Wearing a Castro shirt is bad that represents communism. But adding Che makes it cool because its about revolution not communism? Really I mean really

I do thank you for the good laugh though. Maybe now you can explain how the pig socks and other things.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

@doublenickel55

I believe the comment was that Kaep was a communist and I think that comes from another comment that he supported Castro.

My point was that he’s just dumb, not s communist

I pointed out that I thought (could be wrong) that the shirt had Castro and Che and so the symbolism (to someone like Kaep is more revolution. See, as one of many examples I could pull

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/3502489/che-guevara-the-rorschach-revolutionary/?source=dam

He also went in to say from very stupid, almost talking point things about Castro, hardly the stuff of a communist

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucNCane
    Participant

Come on guys. Google something.

He wore it because it was Malcolm X meeting with Castro and liked that Malcolm X thought outside the box.

He also noted he liked health care and literacy in Cuba not an oppressive regime.

The main person on that shirt, FOR HIM, was Malcolm X.

Is it ideal? Obviously not, but at least he gave an explanation.

It’s also not crazy to like elements of a country, even from a dictator. Certainly wouldn’t be in my wheelhouse but neither is trump. Doesn’t mean I don’t like some of Trumps policies.

No. I’m not comparing trump to Castro on a personal level. Just that even ardent non supporters may like some elements. Just like most libs disavow trump but want free health care and better literacy programs.

Canada would’ve been a better Country to note along with a ton of others but it is what it is.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

Here he is wearing Malcom X

Kaepernick defends pro-Castro comments after Dolphins game jeers

I mean I guess he should e just worn Stalin

Smh

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

I am a critic of Kaep because whatever one thinks of the cause he didn’t help it. In fact, he hurt it …especially with his misinformed Castro comments.

But seriously, some of you posting in this thread are straight up bozos. Some of you should read a bit about Malcolm X, at least a little more than Kaep did lol

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

BucfanNC12
    Oct 5, 17 at 4:21 pm #1029994
    Like I said, you really don’t get it.

Oh, I get it. I’m very familiar with illogical arguments and piss-poor analogies. They are presented on this forum regularly. I usually mock them feverishly, as I’m doing with yours.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    BucfanNC12
    Participant

@Biggs3535.

You haven’t presented much in this thread other than affirmations to people who agree with you.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    doublenickel55
    Participant

@crownleeking Let me keep score here Castro bad Che good Malcolm X good not sure, where do I put Stalin ? Good or bad?

First off, I had every intention of not coming back to this thread because got way off subject, but that was too rich.

I understand that’s not what you think, but its the arguments you get stuck arguing when you try justifying Kaep and putting reason to his thought process.

BTW, one of the most disgusting things to me was the start of the winter Olympics in Russia where they did a tribute to Stalin and no one said a damn thing.

But to get back to Kaep. The best way to get out of a hole is to stop digging.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    RudeGuy
    Participant

BucfanNC12
    Oct 5, 17 at 3:47 pm #1029986
    @rudeguy

I see there’s not point in going forward with you. I’m sorry that happened to your family but your too emotionally vested on the subject to be logical on this debate. No offense.

I wonder how Jewish Americans would feel if he wore a Hitler shirt and said Hitler wasn’t all that bad. He had a good health care system. How about white NFL player wearing David Duke shirt and saying he did some really good things as a Louisiana State Rep? Maybe when the shoe is on the other foot things become a little more logical.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    cheveliar
    Participant

As a veteran I’m not offended. Because I know why I served in the military. I didn’t serve because of a song nor did I served because of a flag. Those are nothing more than symbols of our freedom. The document that gives us those freedoms is called the Constitution. In it reads all of the rights and responsibilities of being a citizen in our country. I served to uphold those beliefs written in the constitution.

Here is the Oath of Enlistment
    I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

Here is the Oath of Commissioned Officers
    I, _____, having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.”

For you offended veterans I hope you reread this and remember why you served. For those who’ve never picked up a weapon, guarded a post, or gone to battle please STFU!!!! You know nothing about the sacrifice we went through so you can spew the crazy insensitive things you say trying to take up for me, the veteran, you have no freaking clue!!! I don’t need or want your support as it is clearly unfounded, uninformed, and plain ignorant.

Everyone has a platform to speak their mind. These players have a bigger platform because we as fans have given it to them. Now that they are using it in a manner that makes some uncomfortable you want to take it back. As Lee Corso would say, “Not so fast, my friend” The horses are out of the barn and are not coming back.

You may not like the kneeling and sitting for the National Anthem, but what other way will their voices be heard? What else could they do that would be as powerful as what they do today? People are not listening now and taking these peaceful protests out of context. Which says to me no matter what they did to protest we’d still be arguing about the wrong things. I leave you with the first amendment to read as well.

The First Amendment states that “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

Neither the two oaths nor the first amendment make any mention of how to treat the Star Spangled Banner or the Flag. However the Oaths clearly say as a soldier I will uphold the Constitution. The first amendment doesn’t cover sitting or standing for a song or the flag. However, it states how people have the right to free speech, to assemble peacefully, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. I respect your right to take umbrage with the protests, I do not respect the opinion that this is the wrong platform to use, that this is senseless, or that these men are not intelligent enough to know what they are doing in asking the government to redress their grievance. Which is to say the killing of innocent people of color by those sworn to protect us and our community is wrong. And it needs to be, at the very least, talked about. But they can’t even get a damn conversation because that person elected President wants to continue to divide our country with his words and actions. Look past the flag and the song and see the injustice!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    doublenickel55
    Participant

@cheveliar

I will tell you why I joined the military. I joined because I was 18 straight out of high school. I partied my ass off to the point I moved out of the house while still in high school because they inhibited my party time. No grand gesture or pride of country. And I partied a lot when in military too.

At some point and time I grew up and different things became important to me. I do have a strong pride in my country family police and many other things. I have this pride and happen to be a veteran. I dont havev these feelings because I am a veteran.

If someone doesn’t have the same pride in country as I do, I get it. At one point in my life it wasn’t important to me either. What I don’t get is someone who is supposed to be entertaining us uses the time to protest and say we need a revolution I am not happy.

I have not heard one person say they did not have the right to protest. I have heard many people say that they lost interest in the game because of protest. My intereat is down. Its hard for me because I am pationate about the bucs, but am paying more attention to college now.

No one is asking you to be bothered. Hopefully you are not asking us not to care about it, because I know damn well I will.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    doublenickel55
    Participant

Bottom line, I am not demanding they show respect. I am saying they are worthless if they show disrespect. Big difference.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    VirgilCaine
    Participant

Great post Chev

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.