Viewing 63 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

Loved the Win……don’t give a flip about the individual player stats.Now.......the real question.....when the time comes...... HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT ATLANTA?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Loved the Win......don't give a flip about the individual player stats.Now.......the real question.....when the time comes...... HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT ATLANTA?

As much as I hate to admit it...we don't. This secondary will probably allow Julio 200 yds and 3 TDs...they are awful. If Bortles can go for 300yds and 4 TDs...I shudder to think what Ryan will do...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Loved the Win......don't give a flip about the individual player stats.Now.......the real question.....when the time comes...... HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT ATLANTA?

As much as I hate to admit it...we don't. This secondary will probably allow Julio 200 yds and 3 TDs...they are awful. If Bortles can go for 300yds and 4 TDs...I shudder to think what Ryan will do...

I'm PUTTING IT ON THE RECORD NOW....we're going to beat them.  you heard it here, first.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based off of what we've seen this year, we would have to win a straight up shootout. This defense can't stop jack squat. I think Manziel could drop 300 yards and 3 TD's on this defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim Jennings vs Julio Jones :[

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Based off of what we've seen this year, we would have to win a straight up shootout. This defense can't stop jack squat. I think Manziel could drop 300 yards and 3 TD's on this defense.

10177655-large.jpgI think it's as simple as keeping their QB on his ***, early and often....and completely screwing up their well timed offense....... very similar to how you frustrate...and beat, brady.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

D.Freeman kept them in that game yesterday.Pick six won it for them in OT.Ryan wasn't all world.We need our LB, CB and S crew healthy, confident and executing to get it done.  As always - it will be fun to watch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta is very beatable. If we execute well, we can do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get the secondary healthy and eventually the LB’s will learn to cover the middle of the field.  Rush Ryan and hope the Muscle hamster can go for 150.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

10177655-large.jpgI think it's as simple as keeping their QB on his ***, early and often....and completely screwing up their well timed offense....... very similar to how you frustrate...and beat, brady.

Agreed ... but how do you expect Lovely to get his guys to do that on Sunday?The CB's are chatting it up with the WR's at the LOS asking them to join them at the club for a celebration of their record setting day in the endzone.DL Pressure is sporadic at best and Blake Bortles just rang up 4 TD's 300y throwing to practice squad players ...I'd enjoy eating crow on this one but it doesn't look good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless our run defense and coverage gets a lot better, the Falcons are going to crush us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They've been the beneficiary of fortunate bounces.....they can be had!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, the only way I see us winning this is via a shootout. Julio should have an absolute career day against us. This defense will not be able to keep up. This one will be up to Koetter and Co.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our offense can contend with their defense. Our defense just needs to pressure Ryan, contain Freeman, and contain Julio. Would be nice to have Banks back and move Jennings backs to 3rd CB and Jenkins back to #4. BanksVernerJenningsJenkinsThat is how I would like the depth chart to look at corner. If we draft a top corner (if a DE isn't of value) in the first, do you think Banks could make a good safety? I feel like he could become a good one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the LBs and DBs continue to be undisciplined, out of position and whiffing on tackles…we don’t. They'll torch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The secondary is going to get roasted alive — Matt Ryan isn’t going to miss deep throws the way Bortles was yesterday. He’s human, but he’s still good enough to get the ball to his WRs when they’ve got 2-3 steps.Also, Winston's going to need to throw more than 19 times to win this game -- and he's certainly not going to be able to screen Atlanta to death the way they did Jacksonville.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This game is almost a month away…I don't think this team will stagnate between now and then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m gonna go ahead and count yesterday as a loss…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put Banks on Julio, and honestly I’d rather see Verner on Hankerson. Man them up. Much like when McDougald followed Olson all game against Carolina.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^^ This ^^^^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Heard a lot of buzz on Banks this off-season and he was a ball-hawk in college, if he wants to be an alpha in our secondary, he’s got one hell of a chance to get noticed when we play Atlanta. It’s always a team effort, but I really think we cannot win this one without Banks being 100% and giving his A game. Even so, I’d never leave single high with Julio out there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a big "IF", Bortles found a few holes in the Lovie 2 defense. I'm sure Ryan may do it too.Hopefully Doug and Sims can keep drives moving and keep Ryan off the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the more appropriate question at this point is: HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT WASHINGTON?? Good thing we will have Dotson, ASJ, Stocker, Smith, and Banks back following a two week preparation period. 

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

Our offense can contend with their defense. Our defense just needs to pressure Ryan, contain Freeman, and contain Julio. Would be nice to have Banks back and move Jennings backs to 3rd CB and Jenkins back to #4. BanksVernerJenningsJenkinsThat is how I would like the depth chart to look at corner. If we draft a top corner (if a DE isn't of value) in the first, do you think Banks could make a good safety? I feel like he could become a good one.

FYI, Banks is slow and will get torched by Jones, he's otherwise, average to ok. Probably a B- player. Verner is average at best. C player. The rest of our corners are complete trash. F-.McDougald is a decent player, I'd rate him a solid B.All other safetys on this team are pretty much garbage. Major wright has been ok I guess, but inured. Add to this our LB's have no clue how to drop back into coverage, we will get used and abused all day by Atlanta unless we somehow improve drastically over the next month.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Actually the real question is: What do we eat while watching it?

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Like I said, the only way I see us winning this is via a shootout. Julio should have an absolute career day against us. This defense will not be able to keep up. This one will be up to Koetter and Co.

You will never see positive things happening with your negative eyes. Just like the Jax game you were hoping we wouldn't win --so you could continue promoting your fire Lovie campaign. And even if we did beat Atlanta, which I believe we will, you'll give all the credit to Koetter and Co. because that would fits better into your agenda.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the red board. We lose 10 in a row at home, beat the lowly Jags by a TD and it’s suddenly superbowl or bust. Crown us!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You will never see positive things happening with your negative eyes. Just like the Jax game you were hoping we wouldn't win --so you could continue promoting your fire Lovie campaign. And even if we did beat Atlanta, which I believe we will, you'll give all the credit to Koetter and Co. because that would fits better into your agenda.

I saw plenty of positives yesterday. I saw an o-line that opened up some nice lanes. I saw 2 RB's that shredded Jax. I saw Koetter develop a great game plan that minimized Winston's flaws. I saw a ST's unit that resembled one that belongs in the NFL. I also saw a defensive unit that gave up 300+ yards and 4 TD's to Bortles. Perhaps if someone slapped Lovies c0ck out of your mouth, you'd have the time to actually watch his defense at work. But, you're too busy crying over your self-perceived "good ole boy" treatment towards Lovie. Keep plugging away, Reverend Al.As far as Atlanta is concerned, IF we beat them, I'll give credit where it's due.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm PUTTING IT ON THE RECORD NOW....we're going to beat them.  you heard it here, first.

Is that you rodtoastjones?The only way this Buc team beats the Falcons is keep away/slow down or a lot of crazy turnovers. Our defense is pathetic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how did the Skin’s keep Ryan off yesterday?  Good tape to be watching (Falcons got lucky IMO.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is that you rodtoastjones?The only way this Buc team beats the Falcons is keep away/slow down or a lot of crazy turnovers. Our defense is pathetic

have you watched Atlanta play?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. Ryan could barely muster a touchdown yesterday against the Washington defense. Let that sink in for a moment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FYI, Banks is slow and will get torched by Jones...

He also had 5 ints last year and was a ball-hawk in college.Ask Barber how he overcame his lack of speed.All he needs is safety help over top and I'd say the same thing no matter who was covering Julio.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

I saw plenty of positives yesterday. I saw an o-line that opened up some nice lanes. I saw 2 RB's that shredded Jax. I saw Koetter develop a great game plan that minimized Winston's flaws. I saw a ST's unit that resembled one that belongs in the NFL. I also saw a defensive unit that gave up 300+ yards and 4 TD's to Bortles. Perhaps if someone slapped Lovies c0ck out of your mouth, you'd have the time to actually watch his defense at work. But, you're too busy crying over your self-perceived "good ole boy" treatment towards Lovie. Keep plugging away, Reverend Al.As far as Atlanta is concerned, IF we beat them, I'll give credit where it's due.

Who coached the ""team"" that defeated Jax negative nancy???  If it makes you feel better to resort to talking about another man's package help yourself--but I pride myself into having a little more class than that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed. Ryan could barely muster a touchdown yesterday against the Washington defense. Let that sink in for a moment.

They've been very fortunate and had a lot of things go their way. Same thing happened a few years ago when they'd get every freakin bounce. I stand by my assertion that they can be had.....and I think we'll be ready!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For that to happen we need your name sake to suit up and give us a monster game putting Ryan on his back most of the game...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was asked before, how the hell do we beat Washington. That would be a good start after the bye week

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Play action, deep TD on first play from scrimmage. LBs actually get to their drops and snag at least two ints. ATL can't turn it on after a longer then usual delay were the hear about how great they are at 5-0 or so and they know the Bucs of course stink out loud. Victory!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

awe man screw that I"m on here somewhere talking about beating ATL already. harumph.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Actually the real question is: What do we eat while watching it?

HA!  well done, sir.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh good God that cannot happen. Tim should be gone or on the bench by then. He was terrible yesterday, not the player he was for St. Lovie in Chicago. Come on, anyone can see that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They've been very fortunate and had a lot of things go their way. Same thing happened a few years ago when they'd get every freakin bounce. I stand by my assertion that they can be had.....and I think we'll be ready!!

I like the optimism but to your early question ("have you watched Atlanta play?")  my answer is yes but my comment had more to do with watching our defense play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh good God that cannot happen. Tim should be gone or on the bench by then. He was terrible yesterday, not the player he was for St. Lovie in Chicago. Come on, anyone can see that.

I think the problem with our corners is that (other than Banks) they are all zone corners.  That would be fine if we were a zone team, but we've been playing mostly M2M.  Square peg round hole and all that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the problem with our corners is that (other than Banks) they are all zone corners.

I think the problem with our corners is that (other than Banks) they all suck!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To beat anybody, we need to run clock and score TDs, keeping the opposing Superstars on the bench.It starts with the Redskins!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To beat anybody, we need to run clock and score TDs, keeping the opposing Superstars on the bench.

and hit the QB in the mouth......bring on Cousins!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the problem with our corners is that (other than Banks) they are all zone corners.

Sure would be nice to have a shut down corner along side Banks.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For real. Thank god some here don't coach. The defeatist attitude around here is disgusting. We are gonna need a consistent edge rush to start. Praying this Jones kid is the real deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Falcons O-line is playing out of their minds. So that could mean a big day for Ryan and Freeman.  But right now I am concentrating on the Skins. We need that one. We need to win the games we are supposed to win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who coached the ""team"" that defeated Jax negative nancy???  If it makes you feel better to resort to talking about another man's package help yourself--but I pride myself into having a little more class than that.

Of course you have more class, Jesse...That win was on the offense and ST. Zero turnovers by the offense and Lovie's defense (his expertise and his play calling) still gives up 31 points. Keep in mind, that was to Jacksonville.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

Of course you have more class, Jesse...That win was on the offense and ST. Zero turnovers by the offense and Lovie's defense (his expertise and his play calling) still gives up 31 points. Keep in mind, that was to Jacksonville.

Jacksonville is an NFL team whether you knew that or not.That was a team win like any other win. You didn't answer the question. Who is the HC of the team that won? If you are going to fault him for everything that goes wrong--it just seems more than fair to give him credit when things go right.  And even after giving up 31--this defense is still ranked 8th in the league. But don't let anything like facts sway your judgment.Why don't you pull your poll back up-- it will reveal why your judgment is so slanted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jacksonville is an NFL team whether you knew that or not.That was a team win like any other win. You didn't answer the question. Who is the HC of the team that won? If you are going to fault him for everything that goes wrong--it just seems more than fair to give him credit when things go right.  And even after giving up 31--this defense is still ranked 8th in the league. But don't let anything like facts sway your judgment.Why don't you pull your poll back up-- it will reveal why your judgment is so slanted.

So, you're trying to tell me that this defense is the 8th best in the league? Can you honestly sit here and tell me that this defense is a Top-10 defense with a straight face? I mean, I'll pass over your race-baiting bullshlt and assume you actually watch these games.

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

So, you're trying to tell me that this defense is the 8th best in the league? Can you honestly sit here and tell me that this defense is a Top-10 defense with a straight face? I mean, I'll pass over your race-baiting bullshlt and assume you actually watch these games.

I'm not telling you anything--go to CBS sports pull up team defensive stats--- and the stats--not me--say they are the 8th ranked defense in the league. I guess that statistical fact doesn't fit well into your fire Lovie campaign. I'll pass over your ignorance because I know your hatred has so blinded you that you will never give the man any credit even if he earns it. But I've got some news for you homeboy. Lovie is going to be here for a while- So get your heart checked-- I want you to be around for the turnaround--so I can rub your face in it.Why is it so hard for you to answer simple questions? For the 3rd time " Who is the HC of the team that defeated Jax.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure would be nice to have a shut down corner along side Banks.....

If only this team had a guy who could play on an island (and get two picks and three fumble recoveries), oh wait.... Collins, McCown, and Johnson replaced that guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m also just more worried about Washington. Hopefully Evans will use and abuse those guys again and we can finally string a couple of wins together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HOW THE HELL DO WE BEAT ATLANTA?

punch em in the mouth!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

punch em in the mouth!!

Just like the Saints are right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

punch em in the mouth!!

Absolutely. Ryan goes into a cocoon when he gets knocked around a lil bit!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

punch em in the mouth!!

Absolutely. Ryan goes into a cocoon when he gets knocked around a lil bit!!

He got hit a few times tonight.  ;)

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I think it's as simple as keeping their QB on his ***, early and often....and completely screwing up their well timed offense....... very similar to how you frustrate...and beat, brady.

it works.......the game last night said it all.......  we can do this!!

Please wait…

• vlagatta

He got hit a few times tonight.  ;)

Booyah!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good call on this.  He's not the first poster to use this line of bs about being the 8th rated defense in the league.  Either they aren't watching or don't understand anything of what they're watching.  Our defense has been terrible. and if you want to use stats to tell you how good our defense is how about this stat:Bucs defense is 32nd in the league in scoring defense. That means worst.  I think that stat is slightly more representative of how our defense has played overall this season. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good call on this.  He's not the first poster to use this line of bs about being the 8th rated defense in the league.  Either they aren't watching or don't understand anything of what they're watching.  Our defense has been terrible. and if you want to use stats to tell you how good our defense is how about this stat:Bucs defense is 32nd in the league in scoring defense. That means worst.  I think that stat is slightly more representative of how our defense has played overall this season.

I'm starting to think he doesn't watch the games. Either way, you can't watch these games and honestly say that this defense is a Top 10 unit. They give up the most points in the league. Period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To beat anybody, we need to run clock and score TDs, keeping the opposing Superstars on the bench.

and hit the QB in the mouth......bring on Cousins!!

Well, that worked well for Bucs...didn't it?Ryan is gonna feast on this secondary.

Please wait…

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.