Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 49 reply threads

• Author

• FireLicht2020

Participant

GOEV and FSR doing well the past few days

Lucid went all the way down to 18 but has rebounded nicely. The news on their battery doing 580 miles is pretty dang impressive.

Even stupid Nikola doing well…

Hoping small cap comes back strong Q4 and the EV plays push it.

• jbear

Participant

GOEV and FSR doing well the past few days

Lucid went all the way down to 18 but has rebounded nicely. The news on their battery doing 580 miles is pretty dang impressive.

Even stupid Nikola doing well…

Hoping small cap comes back strong Q4 and the EV plays push it.

GOEV is my pet EV play. I was in FSKR and RIDE pre despac and dumped them both because of different things I didn’t like about either.

I just really like what GOEV is doing. I’ve even preordered the lifestyle vehicle. I’m 186 on the list so I expect to be one of the first to drive around in an electric spaceship.

Anyway, great entry point today. Down from the highs of last week. Long term buy and hold.

Disclaimer, I’m not a professional. lol do your own DD.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I took a small position in GOEV.

As I’ve stated I love Fisker’s asset light business model with all the shortages… long term partnership deal with Magna.

Great leasing options and great design… their market cap is really low compared to the rest.

Long term hold for me.

• jbear

Participant

Some people do love Fisker and in my view asset light, at least early on is far superior to asset heavy. Just ask Ride. They just got beat to be the first to produce a mass market EV truck by Rivan. I’m convinced when they finally do produce something which is supposed to be fairly soon so they say, those hub motors are going to catch fire on a whole bunch of their vehicles. Dumpster fire.

Even if they do produce they’ve blown billions on a huge factory that it will take them years and years to fully utilize under the best conditions. And there are still tons of RIDE bro’s out there who still don’t see the writing on the wall.

Ride even outsources engineering. They rely on contractors to fix the exploding hub motors issues. lol

As for Fisker. I dumped my warrants not long after the merger completed because I thought Canoo had the better plan going forward. Canoo is very Engineering heavy. They’ve got many patents and do all engineering in house. Even the electric motors will be produced by Canoo. Tony Aquila spoke at the Southern States Energy board meeting a few days ago and said their motor has 70 moving parts while the typical engine has around 800.

Also they are building a factory in Oklahoma and have a partership with VDL Nedcar to produce vehicles while the factory is under construction and likely after that to produce vehicles for Europe.

To me Fisker outsourced too much and gave up too much to get a Magna. I felt like they ended up being not much more than a design company pushing a logo and a vehicle that looks like it was produced by GM or ford. I mean, it’s cool compared to what’s out there right now but if I’m going EV I want a spaceship. But that’s probably what all the boomers say.

• jbear

Participant

Also the r/canoo/ subreddit is pretty fantastic. One guy tracked Tony Tequila’s private plane to the Netherlands before the VDL Nedcar deal was announced to let the cat out of the bag. Another guy overheard UPS execs complaining to Canoo reps about the EV companies they’ve been working with not delivering the goods and that they are starting to look elsewhere. This was three weeks ago. Just last week sure enough workhorse recalled all their C-1000 cargo delivery vehicles because of payload and safety issues. The guy had photo’s of the UPS execs and found them on linkedin.

There is another earlier post that I didn’t pin.

There was also the guy who drove to Torrence and got photo’s of the yet unreleased Canoo sedan.

Suffice it to say, for good or bad, I’m balls deep in this. lol

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I think all of the EVs come with some sort of risk.

Fisker for me will have an amazing lauch… what it does after 5 years will be tough to tell.

Apple comes to mind… same business model where they focus on brand/marketing/design while holding an amazing financial strength rating.

Canoo is too tempted to not hold a position. I see it as a major player but the big three for me are clearly: Tesla, Fisker, Lucid.

Ride and Nikola are a joke.

There is a lot of boom/bust potential on EV but I’ll take that risk… I believe in the sector and I think patience will pay off for 5-6 of the companies

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Fire:

You made a right move away from politics.

As you say you can’t control what happens.

Maybe I should follow your example.

It’s been in my mind for over a year.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Regarding Fisker.

I certainly don’t know the future. No doubt EV’s are coming.
      Hard to warm up to Fisker because of their lack of range (about 250) and top speed
      is low for an EV—-and most of all, I don’t like that they farm out the actual
      manufacturing. Sometimes there can be situations where you cannot control the
      assembly line. BUT their low price will sell some cars. If they get undercut in
      price, it could be difficult times.

Fisker closed 2020 at 14.65. Today, 9 months later Fisker closed at 14.69. There is
      no joy in that fact.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Today Lucid announced they have started manufacturing in their plant in Arizona.

They expect their first car to be completed in late Oct.

They claim they have 13,000 reservations for the Lucid Air.

Range is 520 miles—the most in the industry, right now.

Lucid up a little over 7% today.

We hold a relative small amount of Lucid.

Tesla for years is a significant holding.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

For your sake,

I genuinely hope Fisker can capture the lower cost market (always an advantage)
      and do well.

I just happen to be in love with the looks and drivability of the Lucid.

• jbear

Participant

Fire:

You made a right move away from politics.

As you say you can’t control what happens.

Maybe I should follow your example.

It’s been in my mind for over a year.

It’s good to once in a while have a conversation that isn’t about politics. I’m game.

• jbear

Participant

BUT their low price will sell some cars. If they get undercut in
      price, it could be difficult times.

Fisker closed 2020 at 14.65. Today, 9 months later Fisker closed at 14.69. There is
      no joy in that fact.

If Joe gets he Union only EV credits through I think that will obviously be a big problem for Fisker…. and GOEV. Back to politics lol It just burns me. Even Obama wouldn’t have the balls to do that. How are startups going to compete? I’ll leave it at just that one thing in this thread as politics goes.

• jbear

Participant

Today Lucid announced they have started manufacturing in their plant in Arizona.

They expect their first car to be completed in late Oct.

They claim they have 13,000 reservations for the Lucid Air.

Range is 520 miles—the most in the industry, right now.

Lucid up a little over 7% today.

We hold a relative small amount of Lucid.

Tesla for years is a significant holding.

Lucid is a great company. I considered buying some when it dipped to $18 and missed out. But Lucid is focused on the luxury/high end which leaves a lot of meat on the bone….. probably most of it for the likes of Fisker and GOEV. They are both focused on affordable options. I think 250 mile range is plenty for how I will use my LV when/if I ever get it. For me it will be a commuter car that will get charged in my garage.

• jbear

Participant

no joy in that fact.

And GOEV is even worse… lots worse actually. But I’m not far underwater on the shares and warrants. Bought some too high but I bought a lot more lower than the current price. Averaging down is a great way to get balls deep without realizing it. lol

I believe that they will produce vehicles and build a factory. Lots of catalysts ahead. I truly believe I will have opportunities to get out with a profit…. question is if I’m not too emotionally invested to pull the trigger when the time comes.

32k in, 27k current value. I plan/hope to get out my cost basis in the future and still retain some shares for the longer hold and it’s likely to dip a bit more in the short term.

I think I mentioned before that I just started investing last year with my Trump money. Thats a joke Fire. I’ve done well so far but this could be my undoing…. but I don’t give a shit. lol

• jbear

Participant

And RIDE today sold their beloved factory. I despise RIDE even though I made money on an entry level position that I dumped at $27/sh. But alas it was only a few hundred shares. :(

The RIDE bros are all “but look at our big dumb factory that we can’t afford and can’t utilize”. Now they’re cheering the sale. I suppose if the goal was to buy the factory and pump up the price and sell then perhaps they’ve done a good job of it. I disliked Ride because I stopped believing that they were going to successfully produce anything. They “might” still capture some value for sharholders especially those who bought in at $5 and $6/SH. But this looks more and more like a company that will be absorbed by someone else than a company that’s actually going to succeed.

My bet is GM or somebody else buys them out. The price will depend on whether or not they can produce and sell the endurance in numbers with no major issues. Not too sure about that. The RIDE bros are saying if they get bought out it will be about $30/sh. Again…. not so fast. Now you’ve finally figured out how to get the money to produce the vehicle but can you execute?

I think I’ll probably pass on that one although I might consider a small position if it dips back into the $5-$6 dollar range on the possibility of a buyout.

I do follow the EV’s but I’m no expert so take it for what it’s worth…. not a lot.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Fisker has made some claims in the past about their battery but as it stands all specs will be reveals during the Nov LA auto show. So to say their battery is only 200 miles is likely not true.

Their base model will get the tax credit so you’ll have a very affordable car for many Americans. I think that plus the unique lease option will make them an instant player and competitor with Tesla. They have the best design period (imo).

Lucid design is too boxy for me. Their tech is incredible. I love the business but if you break down market cap, comparing Lucid to Fisker… it is quite compelling.

Lucid has 1.6 BILLION shares and market cap of roughly 40 billion.

That’s with a B… that’s pure and simple merger dilution and why the stock dropped from 60 all the way to the teens and has bounced around around 20s (I too wish I bought more of the dip at 18 jbear).

Fisker has 296 MILLION shares and a market cap of 4 billion.

So if, in a perfect world, Fisker were to have the same market cap as Lucid the stock price would be roughly 10x the current price.

That’s amazing upside for me…I believe in math.

Lucid again is a great company but that high end luxury will pop right away but will get drowned out by the Chinese EV, Tesla, and Fisker as they all eventually catch up in tech when all EV companies build their own solid state.

I own a little Lucid but I will be shocked if it breaks through 30.

Fisker will bounce around until production. I buy when it is under 13, and I sell when it is over 20… that’s my philosophy and it’s made me some nice money. Loaded up the last dip and now I will hold long term and add

• jbear

Participant

Lucid design is too boxy for me. Their tech is incredible. I love the business but if you break down market cap, comparing Lucid to Fisker… it is quite compelling.

Agree about their market cap. If it isn’t too high then any success from Fisker or Canoo is going to explode their SP. I mean, why is Lucid 42 b b b Billion? while Fisker is only 4…. Canoo 1.75? WTF?

I know there are reasons but the valuations sometimes just seem out of whack. Which is why I don’t own Lucid even though I like what they’re doing.

I quoted this and commented and then went back to read the rest of your post and it seems we think alike on this. Of course the retarded RIDE bros are saying the same things. lol

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

For me the biggest unknown is battery technology.

For about a year and a half Musk has been saying he has
      perfected a new battery technology that will allow him
      to sell EV for the price of piston driven car.

He said the new battery would come out in Nov 2020.

Now we are 10 months past that supposed announcement
      and we hear less today about a new battery than a year ago.

Somebody is going to come with a cheaper smaller battery
      and that is going to cause a re-evaluation of EVs.

The lucid air gets a $7800 rebate from the US government per car.
      I wonder how long this rebate will last.

• jbear

Participant

For me the biggest unknown is battery technology.

For about a year and a half Musk has been saying he has
      perfected a new battery technology that will allow him
      to sell EV for the price of piston driven car.

He said the new battery would come out in Nov 2020.

Now we are 10 months past that supposed announcement
      and we hear less today about a new battery than a year ago.

Somebody is going to come with a cheaper smaller battery
      and that is going to cause a re-evaluation of EVs.

I don’t know, the battery tech is improving across the board but I think we’ve already reached the tipping point where price/costs make owning an EV a cost effective endeavor. That was Elon saying that the Batteries were finally going to let TESLA make a reasonably priced EV. He still hasn’t done it but that’s exactly what makes these startup EV companies so intriguing. They are doing it. These vehicles from Canoo and Fisker are priced for the everyman.

Yes they sacrifice a few things like range that Elon wouldn’t do because he’s a narcissistic a-hole who thinks he’s got to blow everyone out of the water every time he does anything. He’ll be the undoing of Tesla because if they don’t make a reasonably priced EV and really really soon, Tesla is going to lose out on a huge chunk of the market.

That is the revolution that companies like Canoo and Fisker are brining. Affordable EV’s. And it’s a sea change. This is that change that puts an EV in every American Family’s garage.

And Biden want’s GM and Ford to do it even though they had to be dragged kicking and screaming to the table. No it’s the startups that are really breaking the ground here.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Lucid has a larger market cap because they are closer to production but it is still crazy over-valued (depending how you look at it).

Lucid is so expensive I cannot fathom the growth they have in mind… re: IB on the tax credit. My understanding was that the tax credit had to be below 42k… did I miss something?

Fisker for me, and Canoo (that’s why I bought them too) are undervalued with amazing upside. That’s my play and I guess I could be wrong but I’ll take that risk

• jbear

Participant

Fisker for me, and Canoo (that’s why I bought them too) are undervalued with amazing upside. That’s my play and I guess I could be wrong but I’ll take that risk

I think the same. If you just look at Lucid’s market cap…. if it’s so high because they are closer to production then all companies like GOEV and FSR have to do is get to production and everyone is rich. haha. It’s never quite that simple but I don’t even know how else to look at it.

Ok they have an Amazon order. They also have some impressive tech but that tech is going to trickle down to everyone eventually. I’m not saying GOEV is the same thing as Lucid. But they also have some impressive catalysts and have been mum on orders. It seems like it’s just time. As long as you believe as I do that GOEV is on the right track. That management has things moving and goals are being met then how could it be a bad idea?

Plus I love the LV. I see the future in it. Probably will be the 3rd or 4th generation before it really acheives it’s potential. That potential revolves around autonomous driving and safety features not yet developed. When you can actually move the steering wheel…. rotate the front seats to face backwards, at least when parked. That’s when the LV is reaching it’s potential as a revolutionary design. We just can’t safely do all that stuff yet.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

As a consumer is Lucid really what, 4x better than some of the cheaper options in terms of tech and quality?

I don’t think so… Lucid will kill it in Suadi Arbia and UAE where their investors are and all the wealth but I’m guessing they do an offering again a year from now.

Fisker already inked a future offering IF it is needed AND I’d the stock is above 33/share… when we are there, and I believe we will be by q3 2022, then let’s see if they exercise it.

I think Fisker sees the mid 20s as Nov LA auto show approaches but as always tread lightly. Buy the hype, sell the news seems to be the market confidence/trend at the moment.

Luckily I sold half of my Lucid position prior to the merger news. What a shit show

• jbear

Participant

just taking my spaceship to work today…. la de da.

• jbear

Participant

Sorry for making this all about me but I love this thing. Premium is like 44k before the EV credit. And that is esentially this model with the glass roof and front, mood lighting and Air purifying system. So this is exactly what I’ll be driving around in next year.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yeah its pretty rad. Little too futuristic for me but I can see the appeal.

Where is the storage? In the front?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Still processing this… amazing news for Fisker and now it will run to $20.

Lordstown gets to hitch a ride and wipe the slate clean.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2021/09/30/foxconn-will-build-evs-for-lordstown-motors-and-fisker-at-ohio-plant/amp/

• jbear

Participant

Yeah its pretty rad. Little too futuristic for me but I can see the appeal.

Where is the storage? In the front?

There is a small trunk in the back. Not very big but it’s not like I never put a bag of groceries on my back seat before. And resale will be sick on these anyway so if I can’t handle the small trunk I’ll just sell it and if all goes well, I’ll get the yet unreleased sedan. My plan anyway.

• jbear

Participant

Still processing this… amazing news for Fisker and now it will run to $20.

Lordstown gets to hitch a ride and wipe the slate clean.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2021/09/30/foxconn-will-build-evs-for-lordstown-motors-and-fisker-at-ohio-plant/amp/

For Fisker this looks like great news. For Lordstown I’m nuetral. On the one hand they FINALLY figured out how to get the money to get endurance fully into production but on the other it’s a complete reversal of their business plan. They’ve already been paying for this beast for years…. it’s what almost put them out of business. So sure selling is good for them now but why did they go that route in the first place. Just the costs of maintaining, and upgrading the facility as well as minimum staffing and just keeping the lights on was too much for a startup that bought the factory years before production.

I still think they have major issues with the Endurance. If they don’t get those fixed they are done. Even if they do, are they really going to compete with Ford and GM making almost the exact same product that they already have a large customer base for. They don’t have any other options for revenue streams either. What makes endurance any better or even different from the lightning?

• FireLicht2020

Participant

All good points. I’m not investing in them but I’d still say this is good news/direction for them… they’ve been otherwise incompetent.

Fisker 2nd car the PEAR which will be very affordable will have its launch date moved up now.

So 2 affordable EV options coming in 12-18 months.

My Fisker Ocean is coming early 2023 but I may lease

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Volkswagen (the world’s largest car producer) has an all electric car, the ID.4 EV.
      This car was the winner of the 2021 World Car of the Year.

VW says it has a range of 260 miles.

VW says the price could be as low as $32,495 after a potential federal tax credit.

How does this car fit into the picture??

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It may get crowded…

How will gas giants like Ford and Volkswagon adapt and when do they ditch gas powered cars altogether?

Who gets the tech for the solid state first with a battery that is 1k or more per charge?

How does Tesla shift their focus? Are they a tech company, an EV company, a space exploration company, or all 3? When I say Tesla I mean Musk…

Lots of unknowns but my thoughts are that new guard forces out the old guard.

Hard to be a gas guzzling giant AND a major competitor in the EV space imo.

Attention splits two ways makes you a jack of all trades, master of none.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

The older Car Producers have many things in place:

Money–quite important, established factories, lines of distribution–dealers, experience, etc.

I don’t think they will go quietly.

The battery seems to be the key.

Battery life: Tesla seems to have that wrapped up. 1 million miles.
      To replace the battery is $8000 to $10,000.
      Don’t find much talk about the life of other batteries.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

There was one aspect of the Foxconn-Lordstown deal that gave me pause.

Foxconn has to buy $50 million of Lordstown common stock.

If there is a conflict on the floor between Fisker and Lordstown,
      Foxconn would be the ultimate decider.
      Since they have 50 mil invested in Lordstown,
      I would think, human nature being what it is, they would lead towards Lordstown.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Good read:

“Chip shortages are easing”

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Cathie Wood is certainly interesting.

On 9-15 she sold 81,600 shares of Tesla around 737.

Bloomberg says that with that sale she had sold 350000 shares of Tesla total
      in the first half of Sept.

Still Tesla is her largest holding.

Wood says she will sell all her Tesla if it reaches 3000 by the end of 2022.

Tesla closed Friday at 775, and hit 550 around 5-18

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

I think the shortage of Chips is real for the general auto industry.

So maybe the case is that Musk saw it coming and took early delivery of a large number
      of chips. Or maybe Musk gets his chips from a different source.

There is no question that Tesla sales were greater than was expected.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Tesla has no competition in sales so I don’t see how their growth is/was unexpected.

But there is more demand for chips now… this feels like the race to the moon during the cold war.

Or maybe like manifest destiny and the western expansion…

Lots of opportunity so where do you find your footing? What is your unique value proposition?

Obviously I’ve chosen my horse… I think Tesla will be the top dog for 3 more years then it all evens out.

Side note: I saw Fisker on Twitter being asked about their battery supplier and chip supplier… he essentially responded with “why would I reveal that to our competitors”.

Deflection? Smart? Smoke and mirrors? Is Henrik smarter for having failed the first time?

You know my answer but skeptics will have theirs…

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

I appreciate your dedication to Fisker,

and there is nothing that says you are wrong.

Fisker doesn’t seem to have the financial backing as some of the others,

But there have been many companies that started on a shoestring
      and ended up successful.

You are happy with your commitment and that seems to be half of the battle.

Its when you buy something that you don’t know well and then something hits
      the market and you are not sure what to do—-then is when you can start loosing money.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Fisker, like any company can do an offering to raise capital… they also did this a month ago:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fisker-inc-announces-upsize-pricing-040800376.html

Thought this was a smart move to announce and the strike price implies a 100% upside

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Reading more about the EV credit for unionized companies (ie Detriot) and getting a bigger tax credit.

Strongly disagree with this proposal from the Dems. The optics are terrible… it makes zero sense and it just gives these old giants a leg up over the new and better start ups.

IE finger on the scale

This is where the Dems lose me and I agree with conservatives in their frustration of Dems back door deals, favoritism, etc

Just dumb…

• jbear

Participant

Reading more about the EV credit for unionized companies (ie Detriot) and getting a bigger tax credit.

Strongly disagree with this proposal from the Dems. The optics are terrible… it makes zero sense and it just gives these old giants a leg up over the new and better start ups.

IE finger on the scale

This is where the Dems lose me and I agree with conservatives in their frustration of Dems back door deals, favoritism, etc

Just dumb…

Well thank you Fire. Welcome to team good guy.

I don’t want to get too into politics in this thread but the fact that you can at least see some of the reasons why some people oppose Democrats is a big deal. Look I’ve said this before, I don’t think that Joe Biden is technically a Socialist however, when the spending proposals go all whacky you have to at least understand where people are coming from.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

You just gotta realize I’m not some dem-honk. They piss me off too.

Is this socialism? I means, sorta… Detroit has been bailed put over and over by presidents from both parties. I understand that those companies used to be the backbone of America, but how long can we prop them up if they can’t succeed on their own?

Reading about a bigger tax cut if you buy from a unionized workforce is just weird… why should that matter? Why is that warranted?

As much as I support unions, I fully realize that many of them are a bureaucratic nightmare with wink wink handshakes, payoffs, etc.

Further, if the Dems are so pro-environment, carbon neutral, etc… why would they help the gas giants more than the Ev only companies?

As a voter, the optics are hypocritical. You can’t complain about climate change but then prop up the old giants that still sell gas guzzling cars.

So Biden per my intuition is simply Republican-lite.

The new boys are in town and they will shape America’s economy, not the old unionized pay to play Detroit giants

• jbear

Participant

Fair enough Fire. Still hoping we’ll see some changes before the Union only thing becomes law. If they expand the credits at all.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Don’t hold your breath.

Manchin is a douche, Biden has his buddies, and the liberals in the Democratic party don’t have enough direct or clout to make a difference.

Somehow Machin holds the cards so I’ll temper my expectations.

LA Auto show is less than 30 days away so I’m excited to see the Fisker Ocean reveal.

Soon to be less than a year from cars on the street.

I’m excited but I ain’t holding my breath for this infrastructure bill to be anything worth a damn.

• jbear

Participant

Don’t hold your breath.

Manchin is a douche, Biden has his buddies, and the liberals in the Democratic party don’t have enough direct or clout to make a difference.

Somehow Machin holds the cards so I’ll temper my expectations.

LA Auto show is less than 30 days away so I’m excited to see the Fisker Ocean reveal.

Soon to be less than a year from cars on the street.

I’m excited but I ain’t holding my breath for this infrastructure bill to be anything worth a damn.

I’m surprised you’re so upset with Manchin. I mean, you’ve said before that you don’t go along with the more extreme elements in the Democratic party which would be to me, the ones who don’t think that paying for things is important.

What I think we’re seeing really is the implosion of the Democratic party. Don’t get me wrong the Republican party is even farther along this path than the Democrats are…. partly depending on what Trump does. But both parties being in turmoil may finally bring about something different? A pipe dream maybe but dang it’s not going to get better (for me) if Democrats have their shit together and in unison fight for this progressive, big spending, high tax socialism lite budgets. And I’ve said before I hold out hope for the end of the two party system so I could see both parties imploding being a really great thing for everyone.

How much better would government function if we had four similarly weighted parties instead of the two we’ve been stuck with seemingly forever?

But the infrastructure bill is not looking good. But there are existing credits for EV. Not sure off the top of my head when those expire.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Manchin is corrupt. I don’t mind that he’s moderate but he’s a DINO.

Go read about his kids, his coal ties, etc. He sucks… but so do most politicians.

I just wish that a viable moderate party would emerge.

Infrastructure bill is going to be a terrible compromise… nobody will be happy and it will all be relegated to backdoor handshakes.

• jbear

Participant

Manchin is corrupt. I don’t mind that he’s moderate but he’s a DINO.

Go read about his kids, his coal ties, etc. He sucks… but so do most politicians.

I just wish that a viable moderate party would emerge.

Infrastructure bill is going to be a terrible compromise… nobody will be happy and it will all be relegated to backdoor handshakes.

Talk again on the bills but still haven’t seen anything that says the EV credits are for sure dead. Even being invested in an EV startup, I’d rather not see anything than see a Union only credit, even if it’s only part of the credit.

Of course ideologically I should be against the credits anyway but since I’m buying an EV my self interest kicks in. lol

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I selfishly want the credit, and Tesla has feasted on subsidy…

But I agree. I also strongly oppose the union bullshit. Would rather there was no credit than that version of it.

• jbear

Participant

I selfishly want the credit, and Tesla has feasted on subsidy…

But I agree. I also strongly oppose the union bullshit. Would rather there was no credit than that version of it.

And it certainly wouldn’t help either of us buying a startup EV from non union shops.

Can’t see any reason why propping up Ford and GM seems like a great strategy to promote innovation.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

It doesn’t… it enables their business model instead of favoring the higher risk new wave of EV only companies.

I’ll continue to invest… today was painful but I bought more… the Trump-SPAC and $phun took all the air out of the room so small cap tanked

• jbear

Participant

It doesn’t… it enables their business model instead of favoring the higher risk new wave of EV only companies.

I’ll continue to invest… today was painful but I bought more… the Trump-SPAC and $phun took all the air out of the room so small cap tanked

Hey Fire, I have FSR on my watchlist now but I have a question about the warrants…. I don’t see any but I know this was a SPAC because I owned some of it at one point. I’m assuming they called the warrants or is my search just messed up?

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.