Viewing 6 reply threads

• Author

• RudeGuy

Participant

I was wondering if anyone heard if the Bucs talked to this guy prior to him being signed by the Broncos on Aug 25th. He signed a 1 year contract for $2.5 mil and is now working with the starting offensive line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Talk is cheap.  He was obviously cherry-picking…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, the Bucs did not talk to him. Mathis is a zone blocking lineman and the Bucs are using more of a power run scheme, so Mathis would not be a good fit for the offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mathis also said his choice wasn’t about the money but rather about the chance for a ring this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was wondering if anyone heard if the Bucs talked to this guy prior to him being signed by the Broncos on Aug 25th. He signed a 1 year contract for $2.5 mil and is now working with the starting offensive line.

good thread idea.  i was wondering why no one has been mentioning him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He absolutely was ring chasing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He absolutely was ring chasing.

Revisionist history taking over.http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/06/evan_mathis_upset_that.htmlNot following the story intimately, but it always seemed very clear Evan was chasing a last pay day.  It was only after no teams stepped forward with a multi year deal with guarantees that Evan signed a 1 year deal with the Broncos.  Any crap team that wanted him could have paid him and he would have signed with any crap team imo.

Please wait…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.