Viewing 0 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Bucs’ WR Mike Evans calls his play ‘terrible’ in loss to Texansevans_zpszz8tmkmo.jpg Houston Texans' A.J. Bouye (34) breaks up a pass intended for Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Mike Evans (13) during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday in Houston. THE ASSOCIATED PRESS By Roy Cummings | Tribune Staff Published: September 30, 2015TAMPA — Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter offered a simple answer Wednesday when asked how many passes his receivers dropped against the Texans on Sunday.“Too many,’’ Koetter said flatly.Whatever the actual number, second-year wideout Mike Evans led the way. During a 19-9 loss, Evans dropped at least three passes and failed to hold on to a couple more that he had two hands on.Rust, Evans said, may have been a contributing factor.“Maybe so,’’ said Evans, who missed three weeks between the end of the preseason and the start of the regular season because of a sore hamstring that also limited him in his debut game two weeks ago.“I really don’t know what it was,’’ Evans added. “I just didn’t feel, you know, as comfortable as I have been in the past. But I guess that comes with getting more reps.’’Reps weren’t a problem for Evans against Houston. After being targeted only three times in 40 plays against New Orleans the week before he was targeted 17 times in 51 plays against the Texans.And he did catch seven of those passes for 101 yards. But those results were nowhere near acceptable for a player who considers himself one of the key cogs in the Bucs offense.“I played terrible,’’ Evans said Wednesday. “This team needs better from me and I will be better. I mean, we definitely should have won that game. If I make one or two plays we would have.’’rcummings@tampatrib.comTwitter: @RCummingsTBO

Please wait…

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.