Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 131 reply threads

• Author

• jem52690

Participant

Yeah I get it, we’re fans and the first thing we do is overreact. Mariota is a hall of famer and Jameis is Jamarcus Russell. If it were the other way around, we’d be praising Jameis as the messiah. But let's take a step back here and analyze what really happened. Mariota was very accurate, and executed his quick passes to perfection. The Titans gameplan was reminiscent of the Patriots scheme, and it completely worked. Nothing bad to say about a good gameplan that emphasizes its player's strengths, Tom Brady is a legend because his skillset is perfect for that system. On the other side, Jameis clearly made mistakes. His pick six was completely on him, no excuses, rookie mistake. It's clear the lack of protection has been in his head since the preseason and he's panicking, pre-emptively scrambling from the pocket and making throws off his back foot. He's a pocket passer by nature, he needs a secure pocket to operate from. Peyton or Brady would have had similar struggles (albeit no pick six first throw of the game). Once Jameis settled down he was clearly adapting, that pass to Seferian-Jenkins was quick in the face of a blitz, he stood in there and delivered. Jameis needs to learn how to navigate the pocket better under pressure, but the playcalling should be quick throws/screens to compensate for our crap offensive-line. He will be fine, let's accept the fact that he's a rookie and let him grow.The completely unacceptable part of this game was the pathetic play of the defense and absolute lack of concentration (ie penalties). I mean really we've had Lovie for his second year now, with quality talent on defense. Giving up 42 points to a rookie quarterback is f***king embarrassing for a so-called defensive coach who has been in this league for years. I don't care that the offensive scheme was different. Adapt. Look at film during the game and adjust you're playcalling. That's what coaches do. 42 god damn points. Also those penalties killed us, constantly starting from 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20 is atrocious. The coaching staff should be embarrassed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have my concerns about Winston and think we made a mistake drafting him over Mariota. However he’s still our qb. I hope he gets it together and becomes great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have my concerns about Winston and think we made a mistake drafting him over Mariota. However he's still our qb. I hope he gets it together and becomes great.

This will be one of the biggest buc blunders in history. Mark my words.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand it was his 1st start, but the decision making was not the only problem. His footwork was awful, mechanics flawed, inaccurate, and held onto the ball for way to long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#ProReadyOh, and you should be worried, because he showed just about every red flag people brought up in the pre-draft process:- Sloppy throwing mechanics- Elongated delivery- Poor footwork- Inconsistent ball placement- Inability to see defenders in coverageI mean, just about the only thing he's improved since being drafted is his frequency of contact with law enforcement.So, where are all the Jameis-lovers who swore he was #ProReady and would be able to fix all these problems because "THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR HE HASN'T HAD BASEBALL TO WORRY ABOUT AND CAN CONCENTRATE ON BEING A FOOTBALL PLAYER FIRST?"Well, he's a football player full-time, and his football hasn't improved an iota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can you solve his awful footwork? dude trips over his own feet almost every time he drops back!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s the fans that wanted Winston, not Mariota, that are panicking.  They thought for sure that Gene Deckerhoff’s endorsement as reported in Pewter Report pointed to the Super Bowl. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are 30-67 since 2009 and are just one game ahead of the Jags for worst record in the NFL since then. The rookie QB we drafted sucked yesterday and frankly sucked all preseason, and the guy we passed on threw 4 freaking TD’s in the first half alone en route to whooping our asses. So, no, we're not going to calm down about the Winston thing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's the fans that wanted Winston, not Mariota, that are panicking.  They thought for sure that Gene Deckerhoff's endorsement as reported in Pewter Report pointed to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl in Year 1.Dude is #ProReady

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

#ProReadyOh, and you should be worried, because he showed just about every red flag people brought up in the pre-draft process:- Sloppy throwing mechanics- Elongated delivery- Poor footwork- Inconsistent ball placement- Inability to see defenders in coverageI mean, just about the only thing he's improved since being drafted is his frequency of contact with law enforcement.So, where are all the Jameis-lovers who swore he was #ProReady and would be able to fix all these problems because "THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR HE HASN'T HAD BASEBALL TO WORRY ABOUT AND CAN CONCENTRATE ON BEING A FOOTBALL PLAYER FIRST?"Well, he's a football player full-time, and his football hasn't improved an iota.

It was just one game. Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fans should be happy. They got who they wanted. Swagman to the rescue!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not 1 game -- it's the entirety of his tape at FSU as well. This was pointed out, repeatedly, by posters on here and shouted down. He got away with this stuff playing an ACC schedule -- everyone swore that he was a football genius and would fix his problems with NFL coaching and and NFL work schedule.The problems are completely unfixed. This is a major concern.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not 1 game -- it's the entirety of his tape at FSU as well. This was pointed out, repeatedly, by posters on here and shouted down. He got away with this stuff playing an ACC schedule -- everyone swore that he was a football genius and would fix his problems with NFL coaching and and NFL work schedule.The problems are completely unfixed. This is a major concern.

That's alright were playing Duke next week.  ;)

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I have my concerns about Winston and think we made a mistake drafting him over Mariota. However he's still our qb. I hope he gets it together and becomes great.

Bo knows Winston!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can you solve his awful footwork? dude trips over his own feet almost every time he drops back!!

That isnt going to be fixed.There are too many other problems to deal with first.When he drops back, he slouches the shoulders, as if hes about to be hit, every time. Watch for it.He even bends the knees toward the los for a second each time, wasting a precious half second.Hes also going to get hurt taking shots.His inaccuracy is a huge cause for concern, as this was a knock on him in college.Simply put, mariota SHOWED him up, bigtime. Poised in the pocket, accuracy, thrown to open wideouts, footwork was excellent by compare, and he didnt need to LEAD that team to do it all.We got sold the crappy guy by people who thought they knew better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was a Winston supporter before we drafted him, still am. He looks completely uncomfortable in the pocket right now but to be honest, the protection hasn’t been that good either. I’m going to give him more time playing in REAL NFL games before I write him off as this complete dud you all are making him to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who would want Mariota? Did you see him after all those touchdown passes? He was timid, shy, weak, and passive.Look at Winston! I mean, despite the pick 6 and other turnovers, he sure had that swag! It was all about that yolo and swag, son!

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Who would want Mariota? Did you see him after all those touchdown passes? He was timid, shy, weak, and passive.Look at Winston! I mean, despite the pick 6 and other turnovers, he sure had that swag! It was all about that yolo and swag, son!

Amen!

Please wait…

• ruodrik

Participant

Jameis doesn’t make me nervous.  Neither did Glennon.  I though they were both better than average quarterbacks who need a pocket and efficient game plan to succeed. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where’s runole?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are 30-67 since 2009 and are just one game ahead of the Jags for worst record in the NFL since then. The rookie QB we drafted sucked yesterday and frankly sucked all preseason, and the guy we passed on threw 4 freaking TD's in the first half alone en route to whooping our asses. So, no, we're not going to calm down about the Winston thing.

You can hit the panic button all you like, but it's not going to bring you any closer to understanding the situation. These kneejerk reactions aren't helping anyone. Mariota's 4 TDs were more about the WR doing most of the work and schematic advantages over the Bucs D. Winston did not play wel, but don't crucify him because the competition did a much better job preparing and executing. That'll get you another decade of mediocrity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We have bigger probs than Jameis IMO.He is a rook, lets see if he grows into the job. But the coaches are not rookies, they are seasoned NFL guys. And they put that product on the field? This next game is huge in my book.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What pissed me off most yesterday was the way he threw those interceptions. I’m fine if they are attacking downfield with opportunity balls and the defense gets them, but don’t throw picks to D-Lineman. I really expected them to run the ball (which they did) and go downfield. Every time they did try to go downfield he pulled the ball down and ran. Let it fly. If you’re going to go lose big, just let it rip. That’s what I expected to see from Jameis, and not what we got at all. Hopefully this is an aberration because of the whole Mariota thing getting in his head, and next week we see the real ballsy Jameis we all expected.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs are 30-67 since 2009 and are just one game ahead of the Jags for worst record in the NFL since then. The rookie QB we drafted sucked yesterday and frankly sucked all preseason, and the guy we passed on threw 4 freaking TD's in the first half alone en route to whooping our asses. So, no, we're not going to calm down about the Winston thing.

You can hit the panic button all you like, but it's not going to bring you any closer to understanding the situation. These kneejerk reactions aren't helping anyone. Mariota's 4 TDs were more about the WR doing most of the work and schematic advantages over the Bucs D. Winston did not play wel, but don't crucify him because the competition did a much better job preparing and executing. That'll get you another decade of mediocrity.

So crucifying him will put the team in another decade of mediocrity? Got it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can understand if he had some qualities that look like he can improve upon. There was none.Jameis' footwork was horrible, kept tripping over himselfHis release reminds me of tebowThe decisions he made was just horrendous. Even I could read where he was throwing the ball, he telegraphed almost every throw.Id love for this sh*tshow to turn around but I feel another blowout in Nawlins next Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can understand if he had some qualities that look like he can improve upon. There was none.Jameis' footwork was horrible, kept tripping over himselfHis release reminds me of tebowThe decisions he made was just horrendous. Even I could read where he was throwing the ball, he telegraphed almost every throw.Id love for this sh*tshow to turn around but I feel another blowout in Nawlins next Sunday.

THIS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's runole?

Busy reading depositions and interviews to refute future allegations in the civil suit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So crucifying him will put the team in another decade of mediocrity? Got it.

Don't get cute. Crucifying him includes crucifying the entire regime. Leading to a hard restart. Leading to another 10 years of "rebuilding." All to appease jilted fans.There's a strange recurring cycle in Tampa...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which Winston did we draft?  2013 Winston or 2014 Winston?  Which one do you feel he has looked like so far as a Buc?  There's your answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which Winston did we draft?  2013 Winston or 2014 Winston?  Which one do you feel he has looked like so far as a Buc?  There's your answer.

So far as a Buc, he has played one meaningful game. The only answer is time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And if he plays good next week everyone is going to go over board and start talking crazy in the other direction.  Just the way it is. Like Detrimental said time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So far as a Buc, he has played one meaningful game. The only answer is time will tell.

Ok...I'll rephrase the question for you.  Through the pre-season and the first NFL game which version of Winston does he most look like?  The 2013 version or the 2014 version?  It's a simple question. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And if he plays good next week everyone is going to go over board and start talking crazy in the other direction.  Just the way it is. Like Detrimental said time will tell.

Did you not watch last season?Get ready for more of the same, we are the new factory of sadness

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not gonna settle down this entire fan base was fed a bunch of BS!!! I BETTER NOT EVER HEAR SOMEONE MAKE AN ARGUME3NT ABOUT “PRO READY” EVER AGAIN!!!!! Those picks especially that first one was baited corner was just licking his chops and said to himself….”your not gonna throw it over here while your eyes are locked in”…yup sure did….I don’t like his delivery too damnd slow and lack of footwork is one the reasons why half of us wanted the more mobile QB!!! JW may not be a bust but the first game to go out like that is just pathetic  “pro ready my a$$$””!!………I don’t want to hear about the line being young…JW tripped stumbled fumbled over his own clumsy feet and unless he can stand in the pocket he won’t be much more than baby giraffe….I’m pissed at the whole league who taughted this guy and the homers who could not look past the home town kid!! now we are screwed for 5 plus years!!  Sure we may win a handful of games but this was the Titans who won 2 friekin games last year!!! who can we beat this year!!!who  I am flying down in Nov with my son for a week and we just may watch the damnd game at “wing house” or something……I refuse to spend hard earned money to get lower level seats just to see this sh..,….!!!!Lovie is part of the problem hardheaded and stubborn….Ownership is not off the hook either you put too much faith in the coach AND THE MEDIA instead of TRUE TALENT!!!!! 148 PASSER RATING THE BEST EVER for MM IN HIS DAVUE!!! PISSED OFF BUC FAN!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Im not gonna settle down this entire fan base was fed a bunch of BS!!! I BETTER NOT EVER HEAR SOMEONE MAKE AN ARGUME3NT ABOUT "PRO READY" EVER AGAIN!!!!! Those picks especially that first one was baited corner was just licking his chops and said to himself...."your not gonna throw it over here while your eyes are locked in"...yup sure did....I don't like his delivery too damnd slow and lack of footwork is one the reasons why half of us wanted the more mobile QB!!! JW may not be a bust but the first game to go out like that is just pathetic  "pro ready my a$$$""!!.........I don't want to hear about the line being young...JW tripped stumbled fumbled over his own clumsy feet and unless he can stand in the pocket he won't be much more than baby giraffe....I'm pissed at the whole league who taughted this guy and the homers who could not look past the home town kid!! now we are screwed for 5 plus years!!  Sure we may win a handful of games but this was the Titans who won 2 friekin games last year!!! who can we beat this year!!!who  I am flying down in Nov with my son for a week and we just may watch the damnd game at "wing house" or something......I refuse to spend hard earned money to get lower level seats just to see this sh..,....!!!!Lovie is part of the problem hardheaded and stubborn....Ownership is not off the hook either you put too much faith in the coach AND THE MEDIA instead of TRUE TALENT!!!!! 148 PASSER RATING THE BEST EVER for MM IN HIS DAVUE!!! PISSED OFF BUC FAN!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Preach on sir

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you not watch last season?Get ready for more of the same, we are the new factory of sadness

Not sure I understand your point, we suck yea okay not arguing that. The defense just got worked by a rookie QB and a below avg running back. Sankey with 6.7 yards a carry, f'n kidding me..

Please wait…

• bucbear79

Participant

Well the defense was awful but Winston couldn’t keep our offense on the field… He's supposed to be pro ready remember... Mariota can't take a snap under center blah blah blah...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the defense was awful but Winston couldn't keep our offense on the field... He's supposed to be pro ready remember... Mariota can't take a snap under center blah blah blah...

Yea he obviously struggled. 12 penalties doesn't really help either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well the defense was awful but Winston couldn't keep our offense on the field... He's supposed to be pro ready remember... Mariota can't take a snap under center blah blah blah...

Accuracy, poise, good mechanics, consistency, work ethic, mentally sharp... pffttttt who needs that jazz? We want fiery-ness!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lot of happy Buc’s fans on this board today, they LOVE’d seeing Mariota go off. Now they have all week to say I told you so..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lot of happy Buc's fans on this board today, they LOVE'd seeing Mariota go off. Now they have all week to say I told you so..

I was right about winston, so what?Honestly, i would rather be wrong and NOT ticked off.The fsu people who gave out so much sh1t to anyone and everyone: yeah, it is a little nice to see them suffer.It makes me happy to see that, but man, its a sh1tty consolation prize. Rather see a win. Rather see what i saw on the other side of the field. Rather know they can contend.Even though i thought marcus was better, i also thought better of winston than this. Total letdown on a whole bunch of levels.So yeah, id rather be bragging than ragging.No one should be happy about this, except the titans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lot of happy Buc's fans on this board today, they LOVE'd seeing Mariota go off. Now they have all week to say I told you so..

I was right about winston, so what?Honestly, i would rather be wrong and NOT ticked off.The fsu people who gave out so much sh1t to anyone and everyone: yeah, it is a little nice to see them suffer.It makes me happy to see that, but man, its a sh1tty consolation prize. Rather see a win. Rather see what i saw on the other side of the field. Rather know they can contend.Even though i thought marcus was better, i also thought better of winston than this. Total letdown on a whole bunch of levels.So yeah, id rather be bragging than ragging.No one should be happy about this, except the titans.

Hey it's one game. Mariota won round one. Us Winston supporters are gonna shove it down your throat next week! lol... Kidding kidding..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL Winston fansstraight trash

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Vindication is pretty sweet but no one is happy that we passed on a potentially great QB for what we've seen so far. He's not better than Mariota but he shouldn't be this bad either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea he obviously struggled. 12 penalties doesn't really help either.

Where's that fiery leadership? Getting in faces and letting people know we don't stand for that kind of mental mistake?That's why we drafted #ProReady, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let the Mariota fanboys have their day. Meanwhile, I’ll be paying attention when Mariota has to attempt a throw of more than 20 yards. MVP of this game was the Titans coaching staff. The know Mariota's weaknesses (for now) and built a gameplan to capitalize on his strengths. Kudos to them and shame on the Bucs. That said, if you think this an indicator of the success Mariota will achieve, I think that is extremely shortsighted.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Accuracy, poise, good mechanics, consistency, work ethic, mentally sharp... pffttttt who needs that jazz? We want fiery-ness!!!!

QBs that run the spread offense won't work in the NFL...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let the Mariota fanboys have their day. Meanwhile, I'll be paying attention when Mariota has to attempt a throw of more than 20 yards. MVP of this game was the Titans coaching staff. The know Mariota's weaknesses (for now) and built a gameplan to capitalize on his strengths. Kudos to them and shame on the Bucs. That said, if you think this an indicator of the success Mariota will achieve, I think that is extremely shortsighted.

Head in the sand...

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

Let the Mariota fanboys have their day. Meanwhile, I'll be paying attention when Mariota has to attempt a throw of more than 20 yards. MVP of this game was the Titans coaching staff. The know Mariota's weaknesses (for now) and built a gameplan to capitalize on his strengths. Kudos to them and shame on the Bucs. That said, if you think this an indicator of the success Mariota will achieve, I think that is extremely shortsighted.

Wow a coaching staff that drafted a talented QB and developed a game plan suited to that QB's strengths? Sounds like a weird coaching staff, how could we ever have possibly done such a thing like that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buccaneers-fans-right-now-e1442236540121.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Skins fans did the exact same thing in RG3 rookie year.....look at em now. Not bashing Mariota but crowning him after playing against this joke defense is foolish. But if you're a fanboy it doesn't get any better than this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Head in the sand...

Mariota throwing 20 passes won't look as ugly as Jameis throwing 20 passes. I'm pretty sure of that.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

you sound like a bunch of fing girls, one game, yes one game…how about we let the kid play a season or two before acting like fools?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston did some big mistakes. Forget it and ask who helped him to get better? Was all on him?I saw a team that played the same bad style as last year. And a rookie shall fix it all alone?The whole team is bad and even Payton would have been bad with them. It's time to recognize that the team has lost and not one person only.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you sound like a bunch of fing girls, one game, yes one game...how about we let the kid play a season or two before acting like fools?

Maybe because some people continue see more of the same garbage from him.The same garbage we were shouted that it wasn't it his fault.. it was the receivers, it was the Oline, it was baseball.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

NFL Total Access ?@NFLTotalAccess  22m22 minutes ago"I texted Jameis at 1:30AM. He was watching game film. The kid is committed. He'll be better." - @SteveMariucci

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NFL Total Access ?@NFLTotalAccess  22m22 minutes ago"I texted Jameis at 1:30AM. He was watching game film. The kid is committed. He'll be better." - @SteveMariucci

More of the hype machine until I see different.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I get it, we're fans and the first thing we do is overreact. Mariota is a hall of famer and Jameis is Jamarcus Russell. If it were the other way around, we'd be praising Jameis as the messiah. But let's take a step back here and analyze what really happened. Mariota was very accurate, and executed his quick passes to perfection. The Titans gameplan was reminiscent of the Patriots scheme, and it completely worked. Nothing bad to say about a good gameplan that emphasizes its player's strengths, Tom Brady is a legend because his skillset is perfect for that system. On the other side, Jameis clearly made mistakes. His pick six was completely on him, no excuses, rookie mistake. It's clear the lack of protection has been in his head since the preseason and he's panicking, pre-emptively scrambling from the pocket and making throws off his back foot. He's a pocket passer by nature, he needs a secure pocket to operate from. Peyton or Brady would have had similar struggles (albeit no pick six first throw of the game). Once Jameis settled down he was clearly adapting, that pass to Seferian-Jenkins was quick in the face of a blitz, he stood in there and delivered. Jameis needs to learn how to navigate the pocket better under pressure, but the playcalling should be quick throws/screens to compensate for our crap offensive-line. He will be fine, let's accept the fact that he's a rookie and let him grow.The completely unacceptable part of this game was the pathetic play of the defense and absolute lack of concentration (ie penalties). I mean really we've had Lovie for his second year now, with quality talent on defense. Giving up 42 points to a rookie quarterback is f***king embarrassing for a so-called defensive coach who has been in this league for years. I don't care that the offensive scheme was different. Adapt. Look at film during the game and adjust you're playcalling. That's what coaches do. 42 god damn points. Also those penalties killed us, constantly starting from 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20 is atrocious. The coaching staff should be embarrassed.

I cant make any excuses for Lovie after that performance. Mariota has put that on film. If you give him his first read, he will pick you apart. So, you bump everyone at the LOS and keep contain on the edges. They did keep contain but Mariota vs Lovies secondary scheme was a joke.I feel sorry for our defensive players, who never had a chance and were trotted out there and made look like fools by this coach. Its only one game and we can bounce back from this especially with Evans coming back, but that defense with Smith calling the plays was atrocious! Give play calling back to Fraiser for the love of Pete. Not that I think he would have called the right game either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WTF is a reporter/commentator doing texting him at 1:30 in the morning?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QBs that run the spread offense won't work in the NFL...

Head in the sand...

This from a founding member of the butt-hurt clan. It's one game, dude. You can keep looking back but with Jameis and Koetter at the helm, it's one game. Deal with it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

you sound like a bunch of fing girls, one game, yes one game...how about we let the kid play a season or two before acting like fools?

Maybe because some people continue see more of the same garbage from him.The same garbage we were shouted that it wasn't it his fault.. it was the receivers, it was the Oline, it was baseball.

Translation:  Look at me! Look at me! I was RIGHT! I DEMAND TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED!!!!You've just been waiting for this. Your dream scenario. LOL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Translation:  Look at me! Look at me! I was RIGHT! I DEMAND TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED!!!!You've just been waiting for this. Your dream scenario. LOL.

My dream scenario was us taking the QB who they had to use the jaws of life to remove his foot from our ass yesterday. Ahhh what could have been? Damn being right. Even if we didn't take him, the guy we draft OVER him shouldn't look this god awful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you acknowledge that one pro game is enough time to determine whether a pick was the right one?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So you acknowledge that one pro game is enough time to determine whether a pick was the right one?

If the man didn't look like a clunky wet chicken out there, I would have some type of hope but thats not the case.He does everything herky jerky but in slow motion. I don't know how that ever made a good QB. I'll give him time but I already know we passed on the better guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hype, hype, and more hype…until further evidence it’s just hype!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God, Mariota fans are absurd. Not coming from a Winston homer either. I preferered him, but had no prior FSU allegiance or anything and would have been fine with Mariota. One game, literally a single game, into their NFL careers and you clowns are flodding with forums boasting about how you were 'right' and we made the wrong decision. Like seriously, do you guys understand how idiotic you sound saying this after one game?

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

This board has turned to shit since the predraft and even worse after game 1.I don't think I have ever wanted a single player to fail more then your beloved MM so you losers will disappear. Not sure how some of you are even Bucs fans... However it doesn't surprise me, Winston is taking 10+ years of shit play straight on his shoulders as a rookie from one of the worst collective fan bases in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board has turned to (censored) since the predraft and even worse after game 1.I don't think I have ever wanted a single player to fail more then your beloved MM so you losers will disappear. Not sure how some of you are even Bucs fans... However it doesn't surprise me, Winston is taking 10+ years of (censored) play straight on his shoulders as a rookie from one of the worst collective fan bases in the NFL.

+1000000.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board has turned to (censored) since the predraft and even worse after game 1.I don't think I have ever wanted a single player to fail more then your beloved MM so you losers will disappear. Not sure how some of you are even Bucs fans... However it doesn't surprise me, Winston is taking 10+ years of (censored) play straight on his shoulders as a rookie from one of the worst collective fan bases in the NFL.

But he's the most proready QB to come out in 20 years.He could've started in the NFL at 18.The picks last year were not his fault.  He had no talent around him.Blah blah blah.  Own it now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board has turned to (censored) since the predraft and even worse after game 1.

It came from supporters on both sides, buddy. Nice try...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicely put.But you see...it's like you just bought a house...with Chinese drywall...installed by Winston...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You probably wanted him to fail yesterday.. how did that go for ya?Now if Winston plays better that would gladly shut alot of people up. Plain and simple. If he plays in craptastic fashion when the guy you guys clowned and we passed over is torching us, some people may have something to say. Plain and simple.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You probably wanted him to fail yesterday.. how did that go for ya?Now if Winston plays better that would gladly shut alot of people up. Plain and simple. If he plays in craptastic fashion when the guy you guys clowned and we passed over is torching us, some people may have something to say. Plain and simple.

Pretty much.Mariota faked out the cameramen several times with play fakes. Winston has one of the weakest play fakes I've ever seen. It's completely half-assed.

Please wait…

• robert33

Participant

8) I’m calm, I believe Winston is a ok QB but he should not of been our pick.  We bitched about the o-line being awful. We should of picked speed and accuracy.  He is not fast, runs like a wet chicken, bad footwork and interception machine.  There is nothing we can do but laugh, and hope for the best.  I am a Fsu fan that didn’t want him, I didn’t want the embarrassment.  Fsu has been famous for a couple of QB flops in the NFL recently,  it looks bad on Fsu and now on the Bucs.  :-

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I get it, we're fans and the first thing we do is overreact. Mariota is a hall of famer and Jameis is Jamarcus Russell. If it were the other way around, we'd be praising Jameis as the messiah. But let's take a step back here and analyze what really happened. Mariota was very accurate, and executed his quick passes to perfection. The Titans gameplan was reminiscent of the Patriots scheme, and it completely worked. Nothing bad to say about a good gameplan that emphasizes its player's strengths, Tom Brady is a legend because his skillset is perfect for that system. On the other side, Jameis clearly made mistakes. His pick six was completely on him, no excuses, rookie mistake. It's clear the lack of protection has been in his head since the preseason and he's panicking, pre-emptively scrambling from the pocket and making throws off his back foot. He's a pocket passer by nature, he needs a secure pocket to operate from. Peyton or Brady would have had similar struggles (albeit no pick six first throw of the game). Once Jameis settled down he was clearly adapting, that pass to Seferian-Jenkins was quick in the face of a blitz, he stood in there and delivered. Jameis needs to learn how to navigate the pocket better under pressure, but the playcalling should be quick throws/screens to compensate for our crap offensive-line. He will be fine, let's accept the fact that he's a rookie and let him grow.The completely unacceptable part of this game was the pathetic play of the defense and absolute lack of concentration (ie penalties). I mean really we've had Lovie for his second year now, with quality talent on defense. Giving up 42 points to a rookie quarterback is f***king embarrassing for a so-called defensive coach who has been in this league for years. I don't care that the offensive scheme was different. Adapt. Look at film during the game and adjust you're playcalling. That's what coaches do. 42 god damn points. Also those penalties killed us, constantly starting from 1st and 15 or 2nd and 20 is atrocious. The coaching staff should be embarrassed.

I cant make any excuses for Lovie after that performance. Mariota has put that on film. If you give him his first read, he will pick you apart. So, you bump everyone at the LOS and keep contain on the edges. They did keep contain but Mariota vs Lovies secondary scheme was a joke.I feel sorry for our defensive players, who never had a chance and were trotted out there and made look like fools by this coach. Its only one game and we can bounce back from this especially with Evans coming back, but that defense with Smith calling the plays was atrocious! Give play calling back to Fraiser for the love of Pete. Not that I think he would have called the right game either.

Good post. TN has ZERO offensive threats. We should've been playing cover 0 all day long against them. Make the WRs prove they can get open and make the rookie prove he can get them the ball. The defensive game plan was an absolute joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are the Winstonites?  RUNOLE, Harry, Toastie, etc.  There’s a whole group of them.They are MIA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post. TN has ZERO offensive threats. We should've been playing cover 0 all day long against them. Make the WRs prove they can get open and make the rookie prove he can get them the ball. The defensive game plan was an absolute joke.

Agree. We were getting killed on slants all game. Where were the coaching adjustments? That disturbed me more than Winston's poor play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after the shock of the loss Sunday, my reflections go to when Terry Bradshaw’s rookie season with the Steelers… I grew up in Pittsburgh and remember how embarrassingly awful his rookie year was. If it wasn’t so bad it would be laughable.  So, the bottom line is rookies are rookies, some are more fortunate than others, but they will go through tough times.  And, remember, the legendary Chuck Noll was head coach of the Steelers and chose Bradshaw.  The results turned out pretty good.  Hopefully, Winston has a similar career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after the shock of the loss Sunday, my reflections go to when Terry Bradshaw's rookie season with the Steelers... I grew up in Pittsburgh and remember how embarrassingly awful his rookie year was. If it wasn't so bad it would be laughable.  So, the bottom line is rookies are rookies, some are more fortunate than others, but they will go through tough times.  And, remember, the legendary Chuck Noll was head coach of the Steelers and chose Bradshaw.  The results turned out pretty good.  Hopefully, Winston has a similar career.

You had to go that far back?And just because a few guys here and there improved from some type of ah1tty performance , doesn't automatically suggest the same will happen for winston.He can just as easy have another game like that.What exactly was it in the titan game that made you think it could get better? Just curious.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Where are the Winstonites?  RUNOLE, Harry, Toastie, etc.  There's a whole group of them.They are MIA.

No clue but you should start a new thread just to call them out. Use all caps in the subject so they see it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are the Winstonites?  RUNOLE, Harry, Toastie, etc.  There's a whole group of them.They are MIA.

No clue but you should start a new thread just to call them out. Use all caps in the subject so they see it.

They are hiding in the basement with lovie.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

All caps in the subject will bring them out of hiding and get the attention it deserves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

after the shock of the loss Sunday, my reflections go to when Terry Bradshaw's rookie season with the Steelers... I grew up in Pittsburgh and remember how embarrassingly awful his rookie year was. If it wasn't so bad it would be laughable.  So, the bottom line is rookies are rookies, some are more fortunate than others, but they will go through tough times.  And, remember, the legendary Chuck Noll was head coach of the Steelers and chose Bradshaw.  The results turned out pretty good.  Hopefully, Winston has a similar career.

You had to go that far back?And just because a few guys here and there improved from some type of ah1tty performance , doesn't automatically suggest the same will happen for winston.He can just as easy have another game like that.What exactly was it in the titan game that made you think it could get better? Just curious.

As much as the fans apparently want it to, Winston's career isn't going to be defined by one game. The guy is a proven winner at every level prior to the draft and was universally recognized as one of the most gifted pocket passers coming out of college in recollection. He is intelligent and a hard worker with undeniable leadership skills. As a Bucks fan, I choose to believe that is the QB we are getting. Now, he sucked on Sunday. No question. It is not cause for concern yet for a few reasons. First, he is a rookie in the toughest position in sports. Second, he is apparently being shouldered with the whole play book - not a lot of single read, easy completion plays called on Sunday from what I can tell.  Third, the things that set him apart as a passer - reading coverage, throwing receivers open, long and intermediate throw accuracy - are all traits that rely heavily on the QBs grasp of the speed of the game and his chemistry with his receivers (both of which are directly connected) - those skills won't be sharpened during practice or even preseason games where guys are "just getting work in."  This is the misconception that no one seems to be comprehending. These traits made him the most "pro ready" QB - most college QBs and rookie NFL QBs aren't even asked to do these things - but they also are the traits that will cause him to look worse than some other rookie QBs who are being propped up for early success with a dumbed down playbook and fewer read responsibilities. Fourth, he is playing behind awful protection. This will be a fact of life, and one that he will be required to thrive in, but that just makes life that much more difficult for a rookie QB. Finally, he was playing without his best receiver. I didn't see a lot of targets running with separation. In fact, I'd go so far to say that there weren't a lot of open throws. Now, he should throw them open - that's what he does, but see my point above. Oh, and he was down 21-0 after just 6 offensive plays, which is the perfect storm recipe for increased defensive pressure and a nonexistent run game. In other words, the nightmare scenario for any QB. Im sure many will call these excuses. I call these realities. It simply will take time.  Winston will have more games like Sunday. He is going to throw a TON of picks while he is figuring out defenses and gelling with his receivers. There will be growing pains - especially if the coaching staff continues to "challenge" Winston with the full playbook and full field reads. If anything, my biggest concern about Winston is why he is not being propped up a bit by the coaches while he gets acclimated.  Brady, Roethlesberger, Wilson, Flaccid, etc. all were asked to win games 10-7 as rookies. In other words, the teams focused on defense and a stout running game while their franchise QB developed. RG3 and, so far Mariota have been given their college playbook to get acclimated. I can only think of Manning and Luck as examples of top flight QBs who were asked to shouldered the load out of the gate. Obviously both turned out fine, but both made plenty of mistakes - especially Manning. Time will tell is the approach is right for Winston.  But that's the point, isn't it?  It will take time. .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All caps in the subject will bring them out of hiding and get the attention it deserves.

I dont think theyre coming back anytime soon.Saw em all leaving onebuc with armfulls of porn gametape.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Which is why you shouldn't have defensive head coaches drafting QB's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless one falls in to their laps ala Teddy B, Wilson, Luck... I kinda have to agree with you here.I may be missing a few names.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, but it was seemingly so simple. Just pick the one w/o all the excess baggage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agreed, but it was seemingly so simple. Just pick the one w/o all the excess baggage.

Well sure, but I'm not convinced that Mariota would have looked as good in a Tampa uniform either.  It's all about coaching.  The QB in Tennessee will get it, the one in Tampa won't... because the one in Tampa doesn't know what he's doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well sure, but I'm not convinced that Mariota would have looked as good in a Tampa uniform either.  It's all about coaching.  The QB in Tennessee will get it, the one in Tampa won't... because the one in Tampa doesn't know what he's doing.

I said it earlier...these two QBs played EXACTLY the way the scouting reports pre-draft said they would play. We were duped!!It is a team game, no doubt, but these two QBs have faced off head to head twice...the results were the same in both instance...coincidence???

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as the fans apparently want it to, Winston's career isn't going to be defined by one game. The guy is a proven winner at every level prior to the draft and was universally recognized as one of the most gifted pocket passers coming out of college in recollection. He is intelligent and a hard worker with undeniable leadership skills. As a Bucks fan, I choose to believe that is the QB we are getting. Now, he sucked on Sunday. No question. It is not cause for concern yet for a few reasons. First, he is a rookie in the toughest position in sports. Second, he is apparently being shouldered with the whole play book - not a lot of single read, easy completion plays called on Sunday from what I can tell.  Third, the things that set him apart as a passer - reading coverage, throwing receivers open, long and intermediate throw accuracy - are all traits that rely heavily on the QBs grasp of the speed of the game and his chemistry with his receivers (both of which are directly connected) - those skills won't be sharpened during practice or even preseason games where guys are "just getting work in."  This is the misconception that no one seems to be comprehending. These traits made him the most "pro ready" QB - most college QBs and rookie NFL QBs aren't even asked to do these things - but they also are the traits that will cause him to look worse than some other rookie QBs who are being propped up for early success with a dumbed down playbook and fewer read responsibilities. Fourth, he is playing behind awful protection. This will be a fact of life, and one that he will be required to thrive in, but that just makes life that much more difficult for a rookie QB. Finally, he was playing without his best receiver. I didn't see a lot of targets running with separation. In fact, I'd go so far to say that there weren't a lot of open throws. Now, he should throw them open - that's what he does, but see my point above. Oh, and he was down 21-0 after just 6 offensive plays, which is the perfect storm recipe for increased defensive pressure and a nonexistent run game. In other words, the nightmare scenario for any QB. Im sure many will call these excuses. I call these realities. It simply will take time.  Winston will have more games like Sunday. He is going to throw a TON of picks while he is figuring out defenses and gelling with his receivers. There will be growing pains - especially if the coaching staff continues to "challenge" Winston with the full playbook and full field reads. If anything, my biggest concern about Winston is why he is not being propped up a bit by the coaches while he gets acclimated.  Brady, Roethlesberger, Wilson, Flaccid, etc. all were asked to win games 10-7 as rookies. In other words, the teams focused on defense and a stout running game while their franchise QB developed. RG3 and, so far Mariota have been given their college playbook to get acclimated. I can only think of Manning and Luck as examples of top flight QBs who were asked to shouldered the load out of the gate. Obviously both turned out fine, but both made plenty of mistakes - especially Manning. Time will tell is the approach is right for Winston.  But that's the point, isn't it?  It will take time. .

This board is filled with way too many casual football fans. Good post but sadly, none of these buffons will understand that its about the long-term growth for Winston and not actually right now…………..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn't just the secondary. The completely below average Sankey was running for almost 7 yards a carry.  Just completely embarrassing defensive performance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t believe Mariota is already better than two hall of famers. Cut Peyton and trade Luck!!!

PASSING COMP ATT PCT YDS TD INT QBR
      Winston 16 33 48 210 2 2 64
      Luck 26 49 53 243 2 2 63.6
      Manning 24 40 60 175 0 1 59.9

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said it earlier...these two QBs played EXACTLY the way the scouting reports pre-draft said they would play. We were duped!!It is a team game, no doubt, but these two QBs have faced off head to head twice...the results were the same in both instance...coincidence???

I was never sold on either QB personally, but my point still remains the same... the coach is the problem, not the player.  Neither QB would do well here as long as Lovie Smith is the HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board is filled with way too many casual football fans. Good post but sadly, none of these buffons will understand that its about the long-term growth for Winston and not actually right now..............

this buffoon is questioning multiple things.1. What has Winston showed so far that makes me believe he can read a NFL defense? Lebeau is great, but most d coordinators, minus lovie, can disguise coverages. Winston was confused.2. We spent a #1 draft pick on a guy who appears not nfl ready. Could it be a mistake?3. If it's not a mistake to have drafted him, are we sure Lovie's coaching will not interfere with the development of Winston? ---Lovie sucks as a coach, and he's proven to not be able to not meddle (and hasn't developed any qb under his watch, unless Sexy Rexy is your cup of tea)It's not about just the long term development of Winston, it's about who is doing the developing and who the subject is. Right now, we know Lovie sucks, we don't know if Winston can overcome his bad reads, bad mechanics, bad footwork when under pressure. We'll find out soon, but after the initial wrapper has been taken off our shiny new toy, there are some questionable cracks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, no, no.  All of this stuff is because the QB has been ruined after a few quarters of football behind Tampa's OL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This board is filled with way too many casual football fans. Good post but sadly, none of these buffons will understand that its about the long-term growth for Winston and not actually right now..............

People understand it just fine. The thing is tho, long term growth wasn't being sold to us. Long term growth is why the other guy couldnt be considered. We passed up on the project remember? Why are we moving the goalposts now? Maybe because no one could possibly feel comfortable with our QB position right now? The legend was built, should we all act like that didn't happen when a good amount of people didn't see what the hell these people were talking about?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's runole?

Discussing Winston's first start with Luck, Manning, Aikmen, and Farve and Dilfer.  ;)Needless to say I value their opinions over Red Board message posters that generally have a distinctly Orange and Blue, Orange and Green, or Green and Yellow color scheme for their college favorites that dominates their opinion on WinstonAnd of course a few racists and  radical feminists that are too filled with hate to be rational.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The major reason to draft Winston was #ProReady. If you expected a yearlong learning curve, why not draft the better athlete with the higher ceiling?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's runole?

Was this necessary?  The only thing this guy ever contributes is how racist people are... how everything is propaganda... how woman's liberators are looking for a target... and garbage like that. He never adds anything to a conversation.  Fortunately, I blocked him, so I won't see his crap, but we don't need his comments wasting space.  If Winston stinks, he'll go away.  If Winston becomes a star, maybe he'll actually post things about football for a change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The major reason to draft Winston was #ProReady. If you expected a yearlong learning curve, why not draft the better athlete with the higher ceiling?

Problem though, we read quotes that stated they, the Bucs, are looking at Winston as a 3 year project. If that is true, then this ProReady crap was a big hoax, and drafting Winston was more about attempting to get FSU fans in the RayJay then putting the best option on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's runole?

Was this necessary?  The only thing this guy ever contributes is how racist people are... how everything is propaganda... how woman's liberators are looking for a target... and garbage like that. He never adds anything to a conversation.  Fortunately, I blocked him, so I won't see his crap, but we don't need his comments wasting space.  If Winston stinks, he'll go away.  If Winston becomes a star, maybe he'll actually post things about football for a change.

Obviously, you care very deeply about my opinion or you wouldn't comment on it?  Funny you don't read my posts yet as soon as I post you apparently read it in detail!  LOLTOO FUNNY! You Speak with forked tongue!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Jay. You are a class act all the way. Here's hoping Winston turns this ship around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Problem though, we read quotes that stated they, the Bucs, are looking at Winston as a 3 year project. If that is true, then this ProReady crap was a big hoax, and drafting Winston was more about attempting to get FSU fans in the RayJay then putting the best option on the field.

That was just Lovie Smith hoping that ownership would believe it and not fire him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That was just Lovie Smith hoping that ownership would believe it and not fire him.

unfortunately, true... SMH

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People understand it just fine. The thing is tho, long term growth wasn't being sold to us. Long term growth is why the other guy couldnt be considered. We passed up on the project remember? Why are we moving the goalposts now? Maybe because no one could possibly feel comfortable with our QB position right now? The legend was built, should we all act like that didn't happen when a good amount of people didn't see what the hell these people were talking about?

But, you see, they are ALL projects.  Mariota, despite his success on Sunday, has a long way to go to become the "gold standard" where he is reading the whole field, making protection calls, looking off defenses, and throwing receivers open.  Watch a "finished product" like A. Rogers or M. Ryan, and the difference is clear.  Mariota diced the Bucs defense with read option - give the look of a handoff, read the LB, if he jumps then hit the quick slant.  If he stays home, then hand it off or roll out for your next read.  He ran it to perfection, and exposed the Bucs D for what it is - a poorly coached, charmin soft, toothless excuse for a professional unit.  Kudos to him, but he has a long ways to go to be a self sufficient QB like Rogers.  Frankly, he may not need to be Rogers to be wildly successful, but that is a question of schemes versus skillset.  Point is that Winston has a better track record and more experience doing the type of things expected of a "gold standard" QB.  It appears as though the Bucs are expecting him to continue to do those things early on in his pro career, and are not going to give him the benefit of scheme adjustments while he gets acclimated.  Throw on the fact that it looks like the defense was custom made to ensure that we are playing from behind all season, and the O-line looks incapable of pass protection, and it looks like Winston will be getting a trial by fire of the greatest magnitude.  Unless the Bucs make some adjustments for him, I would expect that he will be learning more from mistakes (ala the rookie P. Manning) than successes.  I tend to favor the strategy of letting the QB start with some small ball and build on success as they grow more comfortable and confident.  The Bucs seem to be banking on the fact that Winston has an abundance of confidence that can withstand the failures he is bound to endure.  Again, time will tell what we have. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just own the fact that we made the wrong pick!! We were all fed a bunch of garbage by the gurus who looked at tape and analyzed made visits to see both QB's...I want some damn answers from the front office what was it that you saw that made one better than  the other when allot of us were not seeing logically any of that.  Dungy told them fools what to do but....nope too much of a prospect...it will take years to develop a guy who hadn't taken a snap since high school.....are you f........ng kidding me!!!  Own it because were sick of this crap we have been fed over the past 8 months!!!!!! And so what if he wins this week..I look at the whole season, but week one a "pro ready" QB looked like a deer in head lights...do you think he won't see other D's that will look at this tape and say...we got em..they will blitz the hell out of him while he throws pick 6's.......Kudos to Tennessee for getting MM ready (PLAYING TO HIS STRENGHTS) to play in week one in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis-WInston-Meme.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just own the fact that we made the wrong pick!! We were all fed a bunch of garbage by the gurus who looked at tape and analyzed made visits to see both QB's...I want some damn answers from the front office what was it that you saw that made one better than  the other when allot of us were not seeing logically any of that.  Dungy told them fools what to do but....nope too much of a prospect...it will take years to develop a guy who hadn't taken a snap since high school.....are you f........ng kidding me!!!  Own it because were sick of this crap we have been fed over the past 8 months!!!!!! And so what if he wins this week..I look at the whole season, but week one a "pro ready" QB looked like a deer in head lights...do you think he won't see other D's that will look at this tape and say...we got em..they will blitz the hell out of him while he throws pick 6's.......Kudos to Tennessee for getting MM ready (PLAYING TO HIS STRENGHTS) to play in week one in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is most truthful, factual statement in the entire thread.  Mariota and Winston are apples to oranges at this stage.  Mariota is being put in a position to succeed with a playbook he can clearly handle.  Based on what we are seeing from week one, Winston is not yet ready for what the Bucs are asking him to do.  He is expected to run the scheme, rookie or not.  Is this an intentional trial by fire?  I hope so, and that the Bucs are expecting him to learn from his mistakes on the fly - all part of a plan, if you will (See P. Manning and A. Luck).  If it is not by design, then they either need to reel the playbook back and prop him up to succeed with a heaping dose of the Douganator and some easy completions to get in a rhythm (See Flacco, Wilson, Brady, and Roethlesberger - and Mariota, IMO), or they need to let him sit and learn through observation (See A. Rogers). 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But, you see, they are ALL projects.  Mariota, despite his success on Sunday, has a long way to go to become the "gold standard" where he is reading the whole field, making protection calls, looking off defenses, and throwing receivers open.  Watch a "finished product" like A. Rogers or M. Ryan, and the difference is clear.  Mariota diced the Bucs defense with read option - give the look of a handoff, read the LB, if he jumps then hit the quick slant.  If he stays home, then hand it off or roll out for your next read.  He ran it to perfection, and exposed the Bucs D for what it is - a poorly coached, charmin soft, toothless excuse for a professional unit.  Kudos to him, but he has a long ways to go to be a self sufficient QB like Rogers.  Frankly, he may not need to be Rogers to be wildly successful, but that is a question of schemes versus skillset.  Point is that Winston has a better track record and more experience doing the type of things expected of a "gold standard" QB.  It appears as though the Bucs are expecting him to continue to do those things early on in his pro career, and are not going to give him the benefit of scheme adjustments while he gets acclimated.  Throw on the fact that it looks like the defense was custom made to ensure that we are playing from behind all season, and the O-line looks incapable of pass protection, and it looks like Winston will be getting a trial by fire of the greatest magnitude.  Unless the Bucs make some adjustments for him, I would expect that he will be learning more from mistakes (ala the rookie P. Manning) than successes.  I tend to favor the strategy of letting the QB start with some small ball and build on success as they grow more comfortable and confident.  The Bucs seem to be banking on the fact that Winston has an abundance of confidence that can withstand the failures he is bound to endure.  Again, time will tell what we have.

If the game today is about the quick passing game... we still took the wrong guy.If its about good decision making.. we still took the wrong guy.If its about having sound mechanics.. we still took the wrong guy.If its about precision and Accuracy.. we still took the wrong guy.If it's about consistency... we still took the wrong guy.Jameis' predraft was all hype. He got credit for reading defenses when in college no really plays any but yet he still threw a slew of picks.His fire and rah rah stuff.. shove it. Comebacks?... he dug the hole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the game today is about the quick passing game... we still took the wrong guy.If its about good decision making.. we still took the wrong guy.If its about having sound mechanics.. we still took the wrong guy.If its about precision and Accuracy.. we still took the wrong guy.If it's about consistency... we still took the wrong guy.Jameis' predraft was all hype. He got credit for reading defenses when in college no really plays any but yet he still threw a slew of picks.His fire and rah rah stuff.. shove it. Comebacks?... he dug the hole.

I'd gladly take the qb who acted like he's been there before, cuz that guy won.Hopefully dumbass Smith can pull his head out of his rectum and get this ship straightened out, and help our qb. But since Smith has shown he's incompetent at most things involving an offense, we'll ruin/trade another qb out of here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't know Winston rookie season was over so soon. Thanks for informing us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not over for another 16 weeks. Hopefully he figures how to not trip over his own feet by then.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's not over for another 16 weeks. Hopefully he figures how to not trip over his own feet by then.

After 2 years at FSU and 5 months on the job training here, and still has footwork issues... doubtful, very doubtful. but for the sake of us fans, and the team, I hope you're right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I cannot get over how clumsy dude is...I mean...come on bruh...

Please wait…

• wareagle77

Week one tells me everything I need to know…Doug Martin had more yards rushing and better yards per carry than: LeSean McCoy, AP and DeMarco Murray. So he's better than them.ASJ had the most yards of any tight end and only Gronk had more TD's, so he's basically as good as Gronk, if not better.Was it week one, where a lot of sh1tty football was played by a lot of players on a lot of teams? YesWas Mariota good? Yes. Was Winston bad? Yes.  A lot of you long time football experts sure seem to lack perspective. But keep patting yourselves on the back though, cus you totally called it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Week one tells me everything I need to know...Doug Martin had more yards rushing and better yards per carry than: LeSean McCoy, AP and DeMarco Murray. So he's better than them.ASJ had the most yards of any tight end and only Gronk had more TD's, so he's basically as good as Gronk, if not better.Was it week one, where a lot of sh1tty football was played by a lot of players on a lot of teams? YesWas Mariota good? Yes. Was Winston bad? Yes.  A lot of you long time football experts sure seem to lack perspective. But keep patting yourselves on the back though, cus you totally called it.

Bravo, GREAT first post

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh its not, right. I don’t think we figure out if we took the wrong guy or not till about year 3 or 4. Accept that and move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the game is about quick passing, then we took the wrong QB AND the wrong OC. I've said it before, and I will say it again, debate the SCHEME all you want.  The Bucs clearly didn't want the quick passing game as the focal point of their offense.  If the did, then the choice was obvious.  The fact they went with Winston proves they have other plans.  This was truly a Luck v. RG3 decision.  The Bucs clearly favored a vertical offense, and thought Winston was the appropriate fit.  Time will tell.If it is about decision making, then the Bucs already had the PERFECT game manager on the roster.  Glennon has proven himself to be a great caretaker, and has all the traits you want in a "play it safe" type QB.  The Bucs have invested heavily in two 6'5" wideouts, and a 6'5" TE, none of whom would be terribly successful in a scheme dependent upon choosing the safe throw to the open receiver.  Frankly, these guys need a bit of a gunslinger in order to maximize their physicality.  That is not to say that Mariota can't be that guy, but Winston already proved he could be that guy throwing to K. Benjamin.  I can't debate you on mechanics.  I have said all along that Winston doesn't pass the eye test in terms of mechanics and athleticism.  But, those weaknesses tend to take a back seat when you watch him over and over carve up a defense from the pocket.  Watch some of his college highlights - watch the Notre Dame game from last season where he was an absolute surgeon under extreme duress.  Watch the final drive of the NC game against Auburn.  He made long and intermediate throws that NO ONE else was making in the college game, and he did it with uncanny accuracy and precision.  We are not talking about fitting a 5 yard throw into a tight window.  We are talking about fitting a 25 yard throw into a spot where only his receiver could catch it.  I don't know whether we will see that from him against NFL defenses, but I do know it is too soon to say definitively that we won't.  As for consistency, the guy has been considered the best at what he does at every level he has played.  If he continues that trend, then we made the right choice.  If he has been inconsistent, it is based on his interception troubles he displayed last year.  But that is a recent problem, not a consistent problem.  They are cause for concern, however, and I believe are the biggest reason why we should be propping him up with a conservative gameplan while he gets his feet wet.  The Bucs, thus far, disagree.  Finally, I keep reading that he is all "hype," but I recall that all the hype was bad.  Winston was faced with a mountain of negative publicity the likes of which no college athlete has ever seen.  Should the Bucs have overlooked that?  That debate split the board for months.  But don't forget that it was his physical tools and performance that allowed him to overcome all the negative hype and got him to the top of the draft board.  Those skills didn't just disappear, at least we all need to pray they didn't.  Everything we are reading is that the guy has been a consummate professional, a perfect teammate, and is putting in all the necessary work to be great.  Give it a chance.  Look, bottom line is that we are seeing a contrast in schemes and strategies.  Do you want the quick twitch, efficient athlete running a fast-paced, quick hitting offense, or do you want a durable, aggressive pocket passer to operate out of a vertical offense?  There is no wrong answer.  MM has proven that he can be the former, and did so again on Sunday.  JW has proven at the collegiate level that he can be the latter, and time will tell whether he can do it in the NFL.  I just hope the coaches don't screw it up. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I cannot get over how clumsy dude is...I mean...come on bruh...

Uncoordinated, and slow to do everything. They got some work cut out for them. And that George Whitfield... dude is a crook.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, you sure waste a lot of time trying to prove sh1t isn’t sh1t.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Uncoordinated, and slow to do everything. They got some work cut out for them. And that George Whitfield... dude is a crook.

A crook? That is the understatement of the year...

Please wait…

• wareagle77

Week one tells me everything I need to know...Doug Martin had more yards rushing and better yards per carry than: LeSean McCoy, AP and DeMarco Murray. So he's better than them.ASJ had the most yards of any tight end and only Gronk had more TD's, so he's basically as good as Gronk, if not better.Was it week one, where a lot of sh1tty football was played by a lot of players on a lot of teams? YesWas Mariota good? Yes. Was Winston bad? Yes.  A lot of you long time football experts sure seem to lack perspective. But keep patting yourselves on the back though, cus you totally called it.

Bravo, GREAT first post

Way to go 5th grade on me there buddy. The BS logic I am using is not much different than what you bridge jumpers are using.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bravo, GREAT first post

Way to go 5th grade on me there buddy. The BS logic I am using is not much different than what you bridge jumpers are using.

okay, bub, let's break it down for yaYou argument is invalid...why? Because your examples are invalid. McCoy, AD, Murray, and Gronk have all PROVEN they can perform in the league...got it? Good.As far as the two QBs in question...one of them has two wins (blowouts really) and the other has two rather embarrassing losses. So, the scoreboard AND the tape don't lie! Got it? Good. Now, who is 5th grade?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, you sure waste a lot of time trying to prove sh1t isn't sh1t.

Was this directed to me?  If so, I suppose you are right.  Overreaction, panic, unrealistic expectations, and hasty conclusions are much more efficient.  I just have a hard time skewering our brand new, 21 year old QB after his first 60 minutes of meaningful professional football.The defense on the other hand . . .

Please wait…

• wareagle77

Bravo, GREAT first post

okay, bub, let's break it down for yaYou argument is invalid...why? Because your examples are invalid. McCoy, AD, Murray, and Gronk have all PROVEN they can perform in the league...got it? Good.As far as the two QBs in question...one of them has two wins (blowouts really) and the other has two rather embarrassing losses. So, the scoreboard AND the tape don't lie! Got it? Good. Now, who is 5th grade?

You proved my point exactly. Its stupid to use one game to prove a point when you have pertinent history that paints a more accurate picture.  It's equally as stupid to try to use one game, or in this case, one nfl game and one college game, to definitively say player X will be a better NFL player than player Y.  At any rate its pretty obvious this is a politics/religion type situation where neither side (the I told you so Mariota fans v. Winston apologists)  is going to change their mind, so it is what it is.Thanks for the warm welcome to the board. :-* :-*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Man, you sure waste a lot of time trying to prove sh1t isn't sh1t.

Was this directed to me?  If so, I suppose you are right.  Overreaction, panic, unrealistic expectations, and hasty conclusions are much more efficient.  I just have a hard time skewering our brand new, 21 year old QB after his first 60 minutes of meaningful professional football.The defense on the other hand . . .

Glad to know there are still a few people who can think clearly on the board!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bravo, GREAT first post

You proved my point exactly. Its stupid to use one game to prove a point when you have pertinent history that paints a more accurate picture.  It's equally as stupid to try to use one game, or in this case, one nfl game and one college game, to definitively say player X will be a better NFL player than player Y.  At any rate its pretty obvious this is a politics/religion type situation where neither side (the I told you so Mariota fans v. Winston apologists)  is going to change their mind, so it is what it is.Thanks for the warm welcome to the board. :-* :-*

Also...another good post.  Everyone needs to pump the breaks.  Winston is the QB, let's give him a chance to play and show us what he has.  The idea that so many are judging him after one game is crazy. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bravo, GREAT first post

Don't listen to them. Half of these clowns have a hard on for Mariota and are convinced that we drafted the wrong QB because of their first NFL career start. You won't be able to get through to these people by using common sense. Welcome to the board. Glad to have another level headed poster here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't listen to them. Half of these clowns have a hard on for Mariota and are convinced that we drafted the wrong QB because of their first NFL career start. You won't be able to get through to these people by using common sense. Welcome to the board. Glad to have another level headed poster here.

HAHAHA...if someone is down on Jaboo, they automatically have a hard on for Mariota...because it is impossible to simply favor one over the other, right? Look, I am sick of being embarrassed to go to RJS, get shellacked, and then face ridicule all week because the team that I root for SUCKS! We haven't won a home since Dec 2013...let that sink in for a minute. Sunday's debacle left blame at the foot of every player and coach that is associated with the Buccaneer organization. That was flat out disgusting in every way, shape, or form. The D gave up 42...it could have been more, but Wisenhunt called off the dogs. The O got 14 points...half of that was in garbage time.The QB narrative is what it is: they were drafted 1 & 2 and they are forever linked together. The funny thing is: they played exactly like the scouting reports (pre-draft) said they would. But, we Buc fans were duped into thinking that Winston was the next best thing since sliced bread...hell, we have been told since March that Winston was going to come in and light up league. He is a football savant, the only thing he does is eat, shit, watch film, sleep, and do it all over again.  The bottom line: when you are a QB in the NFL, you get too much credit and too much blame. It's why they get paid the big $$$$. IF last year wasn't so bad, the reaction this week probably wouldn't be as bad either. But, the facts are facts. This team came out on opening AT HOME and looked like complete and udder dog shit (just like the Cleveland PS game). Everybody sang that song, it's just preseason, don't worry, they will be ready for the Titans. HAHAHAHA...and if you think 7 days is going to change something...I got some ocean front property to sell you. That is TWO completely craptastic games in a row (won't count the 4th PS game...no starters) at home. Who knows, the ole mantra...Any Given Sunday and all. But, boy howdy, if the Bucs get pasted in NO, this place is going up in flames.

Please wait…

• wareagle77

HAHAHA...if someone is down on Jaboo, they automatically have a hard on for Mariota...because it is impossible to simply favor one over the other, right? Look, I am sick of being embarrassed to go to RJS, get shellacked, and then face ridicule all week because the team that I root for SUCKS! We haven't won a home since Dec 2013...let that sink in for a minute. Sunday's debacle left blame at the foot of every player and coach that is associated with the Buccaneer organization. That was flat out disgusting in every way, shape, or form. The D gave up 42...it could have been more, but Wisenhunt called off the dogs. The O got 14 points...half of that was in garbage time.The QB narrative is what it is: they were drafted 1 & 2 and they are forever linked together. The funny thing is: they played exactly like the scouting reports (pre-draft) said they would. But, we Buc fans were duped into thinking that Winston was the next best thing since sliced bread...hell, we have been told since March that Winston was going to come in and light up league. He is a football savant, the only thing he does is eat, (censored), watch film, sleep, and do it all over again.  The bottom line: when you are a QB in the NFL, you get too much credit and too much blame. It's why they get paid the big $$$$. IF last year wasn't so bad, the reaction this week probably wouldn't be as bad either. But, the facts are facts. This team came out on opening AT HOME and looked like complete and udder dog (censored) (just like the Cleveland PS game). Everybody sang that song, it's just preseason, don't worry, they will be ready for the Titans. HAHAHAHA...and if you think 7 days is going to change something...I got some ocean front property to sell you. That is TWO completely craptastic games in a row (won't count the 4th PS game...no starters) at home. Who knows, the ole mantra...Any Given Sunday and all. But, boy howdy, if the Bucs get pasted in NO, this place is going up in flames.

Have to say I agree with all of this. What got me to want to put my .02 in after sitting back and reading this board for a year or so was that so many people wanted to say Mariota is the guy so they could toot their own horn while talking sh1t about Winston in the next breath. After one week. They may all be absolutely correct. But they seem almost happy that the Bucs qb is struggling just so they can say look at me look at me, told ya so! Do those "I told you so'ers" want/hope that Jameis gets better? I honestly am not sure they do, and that is what I just don't understand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HAHAHA...if someone is down on Jaboo, they automatically have a hard on for Mariota...because it is impossible to simply favor one over the other, right? Look, I am sick of being embarrassed to go to RJS, get shellacked, and then face ridicule all week because the team that I root for SUCKS! We haven't won a home since Dec 2013...let that sink in for a minute. Sunday's debacle left blame at the foot of every player and coach that is associated with the Buccaneer organization. That was flat out disgusting in every way, shape, or form. The D gave up 42...it could have been more, but Wisenhunt called off the dogs. The O got 14 points...half of that was in garbage time.The QB narrative is what it is: they were drafted 1 & 2 and they are forever linked together. The funny thing is: they played exactly like the scouting reports (pre-draft) said they would. But, we Buc fans were duped into thinking that Winston was the next best thing since sliced bread...hell, we have been told since March that Winston was going to come in and light up league. He is a football savant, the only thing he does is eat, (censored), watch film, sleep, and do it all over again.  The bottom line: when you are a QB in the NFL, you get too much credit and too much blame. It's why they get paid the big $$$$. IF last year wasn't so bad, the reaction this week probably wouldn't be as bad either. But, the facts are facts. This team came out on opening AT HOME and looked like complete and udder dog (censored) (just like the Cleveland PS game). Everybody sang that song, it's just preseason, don't worry, they will be ready for the Titans. HAHAHAHA...and if you think 7 days is going to change something...I got some ocean front property to sell you. That is TWO completely craptastic games in a row (won't count the 4th PS game...no starters) at home. Who knows, the ole mantra...Any Given Sunday and all. But, boy howdy, if the Bucs get pasted in NO, this place is going up in flames.

I agree with pretty much everything you stated.I was beyond furious watching the game on Sunday. In fact, it still pisses me off thinking about it. It was a pathetic showing and Lovie deserves every bit of criticism that he deserves. There is NO excuse to get torn up like that the first week of the season at home, against a rookie QB and against a team with a freaking 2-14 record last year.The thing I have a problem with is all of the clowns who have flooded the board the past few days whining that we've selected the wrong guy and how they knew all along Mariota is/was a better player than Winston. I mean it was literally a single game, the first of their NFL careers, and MANY people have come on here and said that we screwed up the pick and Mariota is definitely going to be better than Winston.Most of the people who are making these absurd statements ARE Mariota fans. They're either in that category or are just having a meltdown because of how bad the opener was (can't say I really blame them). My only point is that it is absurd that people are flooding the boards with posts like 'We picked the wrong guy', 'Mariota>Winston', 'Winston is a bust', etc. It was the first game of each of their NFL careers. To be making some of the statements people are saying here is insane and just completely inaccurate.Yes, Mariota did look better than Winston. No one is denying that. However, that doesn't mean we drafted the wrong guy, Winston is a bust or any of the nonsense that is being spewed around this board. There is A LOT more we need to see before we start saying either guy is better than the other or if we made a mistake by drafting Winston. Remember, a lot of people thought RG3 was better than Luck after an entire SEASON of their rookie years. We all know how that turned out...

Please wait…

Viewing 131 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.