Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 3 reply threads

• Author

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

for the terrible defense. Rightly so. He still plays the corners too far off the line of scrimmage, etc

But what about Buckner? There was ZERO pass rash on Sunday. Zero. Zilch. Isn’t that on the DLine coach.

When we did put a little bit of pressure on Brees it was due to a blitz which Smith dialed up.

What could Buckner be doing to help his DLinemen?

• BucBalla85

Participant

Eh Im giving the defense a bit of a break. Brees is one of the best ever to play the game. I bet the total amount this guy has been sacked is incredibly low compared to most with the same amount of starts. Guy gets rid of the ball quicker than Ive seen any qb that I can immediately think of.

Somebody said it yesterday and I agree, We arent as good as our Offense played and we arent as bad as our D. Looking for the offense to come back to earth a bit and the D to improve as we move further into the season.

• Pennywise

Participant

Nassib had a sack if he finished, as did jpp if he finished, they both appeared to ease up  afraid of flags in this new 2 hand touch league

So would have been 3 ,not bad when brees was tossing it 2 second area,and CBs not rerouting the wos with the soft coverage

Spence even had a nice pressure moving brees right to left

• Brooks Dunn-Winston

Participant

Brees has been sacked 376 times in 16 years from 2002 to 2017 which is 23.5 per year. So, yes he does get the ball out quickly. That said, I still didn’t see much penetration with the exception of the Curry sack and the Nassib miss. I didn’t see JPP anywhere near Brees. I must have been on a bathroom break.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.