Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

1. It’s likely going to be the best value there. I’m seeing Creed Humphrey and Wyatt Davis still available in most mocks.

2. Donovan Smith, Ryan Jensen and Alex Cappa are all UFA in 2022.

3. Bucs got 728 offensive snaps from backup offensive linemen this season.

Everyone thought it was great when the Chiefs took CEH last year but Mahomes was running for his life in the Super Bowl.

• theknees

Participant

Agreed. It’s why drafting a running back is complete bullshit in the first round. Yes, even if Najee is available. You draft an OL, DL, or QB if you need one.

I like the idea of us taking Leatherwood, Owuzurike, or Eichenberg. Tampa can build these trenches and set us up for years.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yet you wanted Dalvin Cook

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Gotta grab Leatherwood, Darrisaw, Ojulari, Tryon, or Nixon in round 1. Fortify the trenches.

Rashawn Slater’s stock is falling big time but he’s definitely a first round talent. If he’s there at the end of round 1, take him or trade back into the top of round 2 and pick up an extra pick.

• m_j

Participant

going LT and cutting smith would be a great cap move, but very risky one. no matter how inconsistent smith is, we know what he is able to do. we are going for two, not the best time for risky moves

we should go either RB, pass rusher or best player available

• JC5100

Participant

Nobody said anything about cutting Smith.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Ideally the top pick should be a starter if we’re going for it all again, just like last year. Don’t know what the roster is going to look like, but for example if the line returns intact and Barrett leaves it’s got to be a pass rusher who can start rather than a backup OT or something.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Ol or dl in round 1.

• harrybucman

Participant

Continuing to build the trenches is the winning formula, but I think DL in rd 1, OL rd 2.

• aquilus

Participant

If Alex Leatherwood is there we take him IMHO

• aquilus

Participant

Smith at Tackle was decent toward the end however his cap space doesn’t warrant his talent

He will be a cut and most likely his salary will be used to secure Shaq and David

• Swash

Participant

When you’re picking at #32, it’s best player available. Not like last year when we HAD to draft a tackle(thank the good lord we got the best one in the draft)a

OLB, Offensive Tackle, and Runningback are all options at that spot.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think going bpa at 32 is smart but you have to be smart about how you do that too. Like I highly doubt this team uses that pick on a wr but if he’s a guy that is way better than what else is available at any important position in football then maybe you have a decent reason to do it. I still think it would be smart to invest in a weak area and make it better. Especially when you have to see what the rest of the league and your opponents for seasons come have done. Actually 32 isn’t a bad place to be when you take it all into consideration.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BucBalla85.
        • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by BucBalla85.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Bucs seem to be stacked at skill position with young talent I would go pass rush add some juice to outside keep the Vets fresh.

• SunnyD

Participant

I don’t think it has to be OL but the Bucs sure as hell can’t use another 1st-3rd round pick on a RB.

• Roy

Participant

We have to see what happens in free agency, not only who we resign but who we bring in. Lichts MO is that he has always drafted with the intention that the first round pick will be a starter in year one. But there has always been multiple holes to fill. This time we have the last pick of the round and we might not have any holes once the main free agency period is done. I could see him drafting a player in round one who doesn’t project to be a starter right away such as an O-lineman.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Roy.
      • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Roy.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The fact that we are even considering a RB is asinine…

We can stack the line and throw a JAG back there… Vaughn should be serviceable next year.

Maybe Rojo or Fournette come back cheap for another run?

Maybe go after James White or a pass catching vet…

But certainly not with our picks 1-3

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

In 2021, LT Smith is set to make $14.25 mil and C Jensen is set to make $10 mil.

I’m actually fine with keeping LT Smith and replacing Jensen at center. Remember, we had a backup AQ Shipley hold up okay at center. So we either move RG Cappa to Center and leave Stinnie at RG, or we draft a Center, cut Jensen and his $10 mil, as well as keep Cappa at RG. Or move Cappa to Center and draft a guard. Either way, we need to cut Jensen and his $10 mil cap hit. We can nab a center in the 2nd round.

Then in 2022, we can replace LT Smith in the draft with moving Wirfs to LT and drafting a RT in the first round.

• Bucman

Participant

Bucs are not spending a 1st rounder who’s not going to see the field this year. This an all-in season. If Harris or Williams are there they will take them.

Licht loves small school lineman. He’ll probably take that Wisconsin-Whitewater guy in round 3

• BucsFan83

Participant

Other than Marpet and Cappa who else has he taken in that mold? Marpet was an instant upgrade, took Cappa about two years but I guess you can’t argue with success.

• JC5100

Participant

I started the thread with data showing that the Bucs had use backup offensive linemen for 728 offensive snaps. Some how you interpret that as “never see the field” and are pining for a RB.

Maybe you missed the game but perhaps the biggest reason we won the Super Bowl was the Chiefs and Packers were playing with bad backup LTs after just spending premium picks on RBs.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Id prefer DL over OL, personally.

• SunnyD

Participant

Bucs were pretty fortunate with the number of OL and EDGE injuries they had this season. Odds are any lineman they would draft in the first round is going to play meaningful snaps next year. Stinnie is a FA too remember.

• Bucman

Participant

You can sign and draft back up OL later. You need those back ups to be swing players. Drafting a dude who can only play Tackle or Guard in round 1 is dumb unless he’s starting.

I’m not saying I entirely agree with taking a RB in round 1. But if that RB works out. You got a 5 year starter for cheap and you’ll never have to pay him. Rojo is a FA next year and he’s likely gone.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Rojo was drafted 38th overall in 2018, six spots away from the 32nd overall pick, which is for the Super Bowl winner.

Rojo’s snap counts in his short career

2018: 8%
          2019: 36%
          2020: 42%

We spent a high 2nd round pick on a run-only RB that has to be red-shirted in his first year in the NFL.

I really want to point out that we own the 32nd pick. Yes, technically a first rounder, but talent-wise, far from a top-5 pick, far from a top-10 pick.

• theknees

Participant

Depends on who is available when we draft. Take the best OL/DL available. Pretty simple.

With Brady, we are afforded the opportunity to really build up the key framework for long term success. You don’t to that by going rb or wr.

• cvillebucfan

Participant

OL could be the pick if there is a player they like that falls to us. OG Wyatt Davis would make a lot of sense. Cappa is solid but Davis would be a solid upgrade that would really solidify our interior with Marpet, Jensen and Davis. This would go a long way to keeping Brady in good shape and allow us to run more effectively. </p>
      <p>There just isn’t much in this draft at DT which is another need. I think FA will obviously dictate the draft. We lose Fournette, RB could be the pick. We lose Barrett, edge would be a huge priority. Our only real immediate needs are at DT, Edge (if we lose Barrett), RB (if we lose Fournette) and upgrading at RG. </p><div class=’code-block code-block-1′ style=’margin: 8px 0; clear: both;’>
      <script async src=”https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js”></script&gt;
      <ins class=”adsbygoogle”
      style=”display:block; text-align:center;”
      data-ad-layout=”in-article”
      data-ad-format=”fluid”
      data-ad-client=”ca-pub-6114677105545158″
      data-ad-slot=”1184249302″>
      <script>
      (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
      </script></div>

<p>If I had to guess now as of today I’d say it will either be OG or RB as I think Fournette will leave.

• Detrimental

Participant

Im fine with upgrading the depth in the trenches. Both sides of the ball we need to get younger.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Good teams draft BPA to stay good top 10-15 draft needs… we obviously don’t have a glaring need so we should go BPA at 32… now if we decide to a LT to cut D.Smith then I’ll be cool with that.. and if somehow get a Creed Humphreys in the second and maybe cut/pay cut Jensen then I’d be cool with that too…

• JC5100

Participant

We don’t have to cut any offensive linemen if we draft one at 32. Even when everyone was healthy, Haeg was getting 10-15 snaps a game. Those snaps could go to the rookie. If someone goes down he fills in. Then he takes over for Jenson, Smith or Cappa in 2022.

Good tackles are why 43 year old Brady as able to hit 6th round pick Scotty Miller on a backbreaking bomb. Bad tackles are why Rodgers and Mahomes were under duress the whole game.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Better organizations draft “BPA + need + salary” when they’re winners. See New England and Baltimore. I would put SF into that area as well.

• m_j

Participant

NE are kings of free agency but they are, apart from finding brady at the bottom of the pile, one of the worst drafting teams.

• seekpar

Participant

Agree as others have said, OL/DL.

Arians won’t let Licht go off the rails and get cute.

• Jahhmmon

Participant

I agree that OL or DL is the play here, but I think this year is a special year. A first round pick is expected to be a starter, and the only thing that’s holding our offense back from being elite is a versatile RB. Brady loves using them when he feels too much pressure and we see the effects that a serviceable RB can do in the Playoffs via Playoff Lenny. OL and DL