Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• jbear

Participant

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/opinions/desantis-trump-ben-ghiat/index.html

I completely understand that this is an opinion piece but the vile characterizations are absolutely bonkers. Take this first line of the piece. “Anyone who wishes to understand how authoritarian leader cults work needs only to listen for their echoes in the evolution of Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida.”

I’d laugh if I wasn’t crying already. There is no development of this controversial idea it’s just a foregone conclusion. Ron DeSantis is an example of how Authoritarian leader cults work….. Duh. For every point made where she could build some type of coherent and thoughtful argument about the horrors of Ron DeSantis this woman goes with more BS left wing tin foil hat nonsense. DeSantis’s mannerisms are mimic’s of Trumps. he does “accordion hands” and “the pinch”. The idea that anyone could even find this is so partisan so hateful, so obviously pulled from a left wing echo chamber of hatred that it makes my head spin.

This person uses these hateful and stupidly pinpointed mannerisms to conclude after 3 paragraphs of the nasty stuff, that; “This all bears a striking resemblance to the intense world of authoritarianism.” She goes on “When leaders have a personality cult, they don’t just set policies, but also model certain ideals of masculine power and performance that their followers widely imitate.” WTF?

She still goes on; “Men with political ambitions learn quickly that mimicking the leader, in word and deed, can win them a place in the new political world the leader is creating” It’s as if she’s Jane Goodall documenting a pack of wild Gorillas. Bonkers and offensive on so many levels.

The next Paragraph is about Benito Mussolini…. I am not joking. I think she wanted to go Hitler but her editor thought it might seem a bit over the top. lol

This all comes from the same partisans who say they fear another Trump Presidency more than anything yet completely eviscerate any potential threat to Trump at the earliest opportunity. I’m sorry but I was not born yesterday. Whatever political games these hacks are playing it has little to do with the truth and a lot to do with manipulating the public with the same tactics they claim the evil ones use against them.

I appreciate that outlets like Fox news may do something similar but I find it difficult to believe that even Fox stoops quite so low as many left wing outlets do these days. This is CNN. This is a major world wide news outlet. This isn’t OLN or Newsmax. It all stems from the idea that the left wing elites are superior and therefore, as has been said here before many times, why should they have to be civil or have to bother with feigning objectivity when their enemy is so subhuman as to not deserve the slightest bit of basic human respect.

• Runole

Participant

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/25/opinions/desantis-trump-ben-ghiat/index.html

I completely understand that this is an opinion piece but the vile characterizations are absolutely bonkers. Take this first line of the piece. “Anyone who wishes to understand how authoritarian leader cults work needs only to listen for their echoes in the evolution of Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida.”

I’d laugh if I wasn’t crying already. There is no development of this controversial idea it’s just a foregone conclusion. Ron DeSantis is an example of how Authoritarian leader cults work….. Duh. For every point made where she could build some type of coherent and thoughtful argument about the horrors of Ron DeSantis this woman goes with more BS left wing tin foil hat nonsense. DeSantis’s mannerisms are mimic’s of Trumps. he does “accordion hands” and “the pinch”. The idea that anyone could even find this is so partisan so hateful, so obviously pulled from a left wing echo chamber of hatred that it makes my head spin.

This person uses these hateful and stupidly pinpointed mannerisms to conclude after 3 paragraphs of the nasty stuff, that; “This all bears a striking resemblance to the intense world of authoritarianism.” She goes on “When leaders have a personality cult, they don’t just set policies, but also model certain ideals of masculine power and performance that their followers widely imitate.” WTF?

She still goes on; “Men with political ambitions learn quickly that mimicking the leader, in word and deed, can win them a place in the new political world the leader is creating” It’s as if she’s Jane Goodall documenting a pack of wild Gorillas. Bonkers and offensive on so many levels.

The next Paragraph is about Benito Mussolini…. I am not joking. I think she wanted to go Hitler but her editor thought it might seem a bit over the top. lol

This all comes from the same partisans who say they fear another Trump Presidency more than anything yet completely eviscerate any potential threat to Trump at the earliest opportunity. I’m sorry but I was not born yesterday. Whatever political games these hacks are playing it has little to do with the truth and a lot to do with manipulating the public with the same tactics they claim the evil ones use against them.

I appreciate that outlets like Fox news may do something similar but I find it difficult to believe that even Fox stoops quite so low as many left wing outlets do these days. This is CNN. This is a major world wide news outlet. This isn’t OLN or Newsmax. It all stems from the idea that the left wing elites are superior and therefore, as has been said here before many times, why should they have to be civil or have to bother with feigning objectivity when their enemy is so subhuman as to not deserve the slightest bit of basic human respect.

When you totally resemble what you accuse others of being it indeed is the “mission statement” of these authoritarian elitist’s.

“Let’s go Brandon” defines them perfectly. They are perpetual liars, cheaters, and thieves masquerading as journalists.

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

From Wikipedia:

Ruth Ben-Ghiat is an American historian and cultural critic. She is a scholar on fascism and authoritarian leaders.[1] Ben-Ghiat is Professor of History and Italian Studies at New York University.

Born in the United States to an Israel-born Sephardi father and a Scottish mother, she grew up in Pacific Palisades, California.[2][3] She graduated in History at UCLA and obtained a PhD in comparative history at Brandeis University. A member of the American Historical Association since 1990,[4] she is Professor of History and Italian Studies at New York University.[5] She regularly writes for “CNN”, The Atlantic and The Huffington Post.[6]

Seems like she is a 60 year old woman who teaches history. Not the best background for
      knowing how to run a business or a government.

She seems to know Calif and NY best. Both places that have seen people leave because of dissatisfaction with current government.

There are many in the world who, though they have no experience, think they know how to run things. Maybe she is one of those.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• jbear

Participant

When you totally resemble what you accuse others of being it indeed is the “mission statement” of these authoritarian elitist’s.

It always makes me crack up when these left wing types who see no problem in mandating anything they decide is good for society go on rants about right wingers being an in “authoritarian leader cults”…. heck authoritarian anything. Do they not know what the word means?

Even if you say OK Donald Trump could have displayed some authoritarian traits….even when he also often displayed the opposite…. even if you accept calling Trump that it doesn’t change the fact that this article is about Ron Desantis.

• jbear

Participant

Seems like she is a 60 year old woman who teaches history. Not the best background for
      knowing how to run a business or a government.

So she’s as old as my father and looks like she could be my 35 year old wife’s sister. Shocking.

But how dare I.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.