Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Bucman

Participant

I don’t see many FAs taking long term deals this offseason. Salary cap is down and is expected to explode next year when the tv deals are finalized.

Probably good news for Godwin and bad for us. He’s gonna make a ton of money next offseason following his expected franchise tag.

• JC5100

Participant

Bucs are $170M under the 2022 cap. Couple of big free agents to keep like Vea, Carlton Davis, Donovan Smith (maybe?) and of course a QB. But some big numbers come off like JPP and Jensen. I think Brady will play in 2022.

• Bucman

Participant

If Brady is back and still looks like himself I think everyone that’s producing will back.

I really think Brady calls it quits if he wins another SB next year.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

If Brady wins another SB next season no way he retires. He’ll want to be the first to 3peat. If he doesn’t win it next season however, I think he retires.

• Roy

Participant

This is why the Bucs need to spend some draft capital on offensive line. It will be time to move on from Smith and Jensen soon enough.

• Bucman

Participant

They will. But it won’t be in round 1.

• spartan

Participant

I think the Bucs get their FA’s done by guaranteeing 2-3 years, have a low-ish salary this year but a higher salary next.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think they will be able to keep a lot of the band together because of the money available the following year. If they want to try to win another super bowl they probably have the best opportunity for that here and can get paid here too. Just need to be able to sell that to the guys and at that point it’s up to them to come back. I think they’ll work it out with most of the fas.

• mjs020294

Participant

I am not worried about keeping most of the team together or at least getting solid replacements for the guys that leave. Restructure three or four players, maybe cut a couple to make cap space and we should have $50-60 million cap to play with. With a lot of cap space in 2022 and an expected increase in the cap we are not in a bad position.

• LVBUC2

Participant

We need to re-sign and extend players now. When the cap explodes next year and every team has huge cap space players contracts will explode also. You might be able to sign Godwin to a 5 yr deal averaging 18 million a year. Next year he will get 22-24 million a year.

• theknees

Participant

They will. But it won’t be in round 1.

It should be round 1. Depending on who is coming back, we don’t “need” much else. Build the OL. Leatherwood.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.