Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• Darktanian

Participant

I see a tweet from Mark Cook that he is no longer with Pewter Report. I look for an article here concerning this, and find none.

Was Mark Joking?

After all these years, surely there would be a thank you for your service article, or something of that nature. Not utter silence.

Which leads me to “speculate” that the business divorce was a bad one. A simple explaination to the fan base would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• SoberInSac

Participant

I would also like a explanation if this is accurate. The guy is a lifelong Bucs die hard and a good guy.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Saw his post on Twitter as well.

While it’s Mark’s business, and his alone; the lack of an article or announcement raises some eyebrows.

Especially when he stated he’s a “free agent”.

Not a good look.

Hope he ends up with Loose Cannons.

IMO, they’re becoming the premier source for Bucs related material, podcasts, etc.

• bucDsystem

Participant

cook and sikkema wow
      this is getting serious

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

Sounds like the parting was not on good terms, and the guy they replaced him with can get gone already.

• JC5100

Participant

Cook brought zero to the table

• Darktanian

Participant

PewterReport
      @PewterReport
      ·
      8h
      We recognize & absolutely appreciate the hard work, friendship & dedication @MarkCook1970
      delivered to PR over the past decade. Mark is a great storyteller & played a big role in helping PR reach new heights. We sincerely wish him all the best in his pursuit of new endeavors. –SR

That’s a very generic statement by Scott. It does not say if Mark wanted to part ways, which I doubt, as mark was asking people for an employment lead on twitter.

So that leads me to believe Mark and Scott had a very big disagreement that could not be reconciled, or some kind of violation that got himself (Mark)in hot water that got him fired.

Since no explanation was given, I am going to “speculate” and say that Mark made a comment about a Buc’s player, or players that got him in hot water with the Buc’s organization, and Scott was forced to release him.

I DON”T KNOW! Hence: “SPECULATION”

Mark was an ICON at PR, and speculation as to why he is not here anymore will run rampant until someone fills in the blank.

I think we all deserve to know… unless of coarse it would be humiliating to either party.

• GIJoeWasThere

Participant

Which is far more than you ever have.

• Bschucher

Participant

What a terrible decision by PR. Mark was by far the best writer this place had. Mark will surely land on his feet.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Can’t blame the man.

PR has been getting worse all the time.

Bring back the game day chat!!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Always a fan of Mark Cook.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Wow not a good look to treat a long time and well liked staff member like this. He’s had a tough few years with the loss of his mom, health issues, and now this. I get that’s life but man I feel for the guy. Where is the loyalty PR? This move seems ice cold, I’m really looking at PR differently now. I thought Mark was family but yall just throw him to the curb like this.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Can’t blame the man.

PR has been getting worse all the time.

Bring back the game day chat!!

Um, from his tweets seems like they terminated him rather the other way around.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You’ll have to excuse the board’s resident team physician. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• MichaelMyersIsABucsFan

Participant

That guy they replaced him with is not good. Sorry to see Cook go.

• Runole

Participant

The site has been on downward spiral. It has become almost unreadable with
      popups constantly covering up printed articles.

• bucfanskiz

Participant

I would go beyond the pop-ups and call out the consistent grammatical errors on articles. While I’m by far grammar police it’s clear to see someone needs a lesson in proofreading and spellcheck. To me that takes away from the value of the product they are putting out. Finally, we hear time and time again PR asking for donations yet opposed to having a paid content section. The old days of BucMag and todays version are far different. I do still and will continue to come here for Bucs related info but I hope if SR reads this he takes action on making changes.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

You’ll have to excuse the board’s resident team physician. He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Stay classy, my friend.

Attacking strangers on message boards. Again. Yawn.

Hopefully you can now sleep tonight lawl. Pathetic!

• Darktanian

Participant

The site has been on downward spiral. It has become almost unreadable with
      popups constantly covering up printed articles.

I don’t see the site as being on a downward spiral, and almost unreadable.

The site is very readable, but it doesn’t have any hard hitting articles or interviews. It’s mostly all obvious fluff stuff.

They need someone who can teach the game of football and not just write as a fan. The two best I know that can do that are Tony Romo, and Eric Ainge.

You can get fluff anywhere.

Most fan sites are on a high school journalistic level. PR needs to step it up. Take it to a higher level with a more educational approach to the game. That alone would set them apart from the mediocre, same O’le, same O’le run of the mill pack.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

They still can’t add pages to a thread but hey… fire a good writer.

Lmfao… this website is the tallest midget.

Zero monitoring… you can get banned for talking poorly of them for hyping Winston, but they let chron walk around calling people “fa**ot” et al…

Just silly

• replica

Participant

Pewter Report by far has the best Buccaneer articles and insight. I’m sorry to hear that Mark is no longer with the company but we have seen lots of changes over the years. Jim Flynn, Charlie Casserly, Trevor Sik…All great guys that moved on

• FireLicht2020

Participant

“Moved on”…

• Bucman

Participant

Jon Ledyard won’t be around long either. Hes poised for bigger and better things.

Mark Cook is and still will be a good writer elsewhere. My guess is he does some freelance work for podcast like Loose Cannons.

• Darktanian

Participant

Jon Ledyard won’t be around long either. Hes poised for bigger and better things.

Mark Cook is and still will be a good writer elsewhere. My guess is he does some freelance work for podcast like Loose Cannons.

I like what Ledyard brings to the table knowledge-wise, but I do not like how he will ramble on over everyone else. PR podcasts need to set specific rules/boundaries for those speaking.

1. Be orderly, not talking over others.
      2. Let others finish their thoughts without interrupting.
      3. Be concise: Don’t ramble on excessively. Make your point as quickly as possible, then let someone else chime in.

Ledyard violates all three of these decency rules. Scott is the top dog, and it falls on him to establish a professional SPEAKING protocol. When people ramble on and speak over each other, it creates confusion and a chaotic environment for the listener.

Personally I need an ordered structure when it comes to listening to multiple personalities in a broadcast. I want to hear a person’s train of thought without constantly being interrupted.

In other words, be considerate by being professional. Quit running the podcasts like it’s WWE.

Now concerning Mark Cook: I hope he gets his own radio show which he’d be great at.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Sikkema was worse in regards of talking over people, 75% of the podcast was him yapping. Glad he left. Ledyard is not as bad but definitely does it too. I’ve been saying that SR needs to sort that out but it still goes on.

• Boid Fink

Participant

This is very true. Particularly the last six years or so…zzzzz….

• Boid Fink

Participant

Wrong Charlie.

Pewter Report by far has the best Buccaneer articles and insight. I’m sorry to hear that Mark is no longer with the company but we have seen lots of changes over the years. Jim Flynn, Charlie Casserly, Trevor Sik…All great guys that moved on

• Roy

Participant

For some reason I thought Cook was either owner or part owner and was just semi-involved with some opinion articles and talk shows. But he never seemed to be the one who was beating down the bushes to get the breaking news. He obviously wasn’t putting in the daily grind of a news reporter. His articles, while not mind blowing, were usually a different angle from the rest and weren’t over-stepping anybody else. Its too bad if this was not an amenable parting of the ways after all these years. I hope we eventually get an explanation. Maybe there is a medical issue or something.

• m_j

Participant

yepp, me too, my first association with pewter report was mark himself
        whatever, everything changes….

• Big Wheel 80

Participant

I would like an explanation also I really enjoyed Cook it’s not the same with out I don’t read the other site now I don’t think I will read this one unless we get an honest explanation the replacement is well just a replacement

• mgchat76

Participant

RIP Mr. Cook, condolences to his family.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Some didn’t know he was fired so bumping this. RIP Marky.

• BP1

Participant

Some didn’t know he was fired so bumping this. RIP Marky.

I never knew he was no longer with PR. Did he get fired or did he leave because he was ill?

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

To me it sounds like they let him go, we don’t know why but to me it’s a cold move by PR no matter the reason. Mark was looking for work for the next few weeks. But soon after he posted this

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Also, someone very close to him just liked a tweet saying how it was wrong for PR to kick him to the curb.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.