Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

SR actually had the audacity to pen an article claiming that Licht has an “affinity” for drafting trench players with his premium picks.

I guess when you get to the point of blatantly open ass kissing, you simply start making stuff up.

Lolz…

• Trask Force

Participant

Are you talking about the most recent Fab 5? What page?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@roy

It’s on the first page of the most recent one.

Here’s the quote:

“If another team had traded up to get Wirfs then I would assume Licht would have drafted South Carolina defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw, given his affinity for drafting guys who play in the trenches with premium picks.”

• Pepsi

Participant

Right… one year after passing UI both Josh Allen and Ed Oliver for an ILB

• Pepsi

Participant

Passing on*

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Yeah, that was the biggest BS that stood out to me when I read it as well.
      Let’s take a look…Premium Picks, I’m thinking Rd. 1 and 2, what say the rest of you?

QB – 1
      OL – 3
      RB – 1
      WR – 1
      TE – 2
      DB – 5
      LB – 1
      DL – 2
      K – 1

So disregarding other resources given to trade around, and just with the first two rounds, JL has had 17 picks, with 5 of them going between the OL and DL. Meanwhile, he has spent 5 premium picks on DBs. Considering you need 9 starters (8 now that we are 3-4) on the OL/DL vs. 5 starters at DB, I would say he has an affinity for DB with premium picks.

His premium investment in the lines isn’t even close to the amount of premium investment in the defensive backfield.

• GermCanBuc

Participant

And that’s part of the reason I’ve stopped reading the articles here. It’s so obvious JL has his nuts down PRs throat. I want objective reporting, not this bullshit that the PR staff has tried to push to us the past few years…..And then to ask us for money??? Fuck outta here. Should’ve kept the subscription model. I come here less and less every week for my Bucs info since it’s just not good journalism anymore. It may be time to clean house over there at the PR and start over. They take a lot of pride over there on leading the charge to get Bucs coaches fired, maybe it’s time we start coming after the PR staff with pitchforks and torches and get them fired.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny but if I say their writing has been garbage lately, it gets thumbed down…same thing though. I agree with this statement completely because it’s true. Cook, and SR have so much shit on their nose they can’t breathe.

And that’s part of the reason I’ve stopped reading the articles here. It’s so obvious JL has his nuts down PRs throat. I want objective reporting, not this bullshit that the PR staff has tried to push to us the past few years…..And then to ask us for money??? Fuck outta here. Should’ve kept the subscription model. I come here less and less every week for my Bucs info since it’s just not good journalism anymore. It may be time to clean house over there at the PR and start over. They take a lot of pride over there on leading the charge to get Bucs coaches fired, maybe it’s time we start coming after the PR staff with pitchforks and torches and get them fired.

• XFactor

Participant

Did they mention an affinity for trading up and giving away draft picks for no reason?

• Trask Force

Participant

@roy

Here’s the quote:

“If another team had traded up to get Wirfs then I would assume Licht would have drafted South Carolina defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw, given his affinity for drafting guys who play in the trenches with premium picks.”

Yes well I wouldn’t agree with the word “affinity” either, but he hasn’t shied away from the trenches with the premium picks. If you look at the first two rounds you have Smith, Marpet, Spence, and Vea and now Wirfs. So that’s five out of 16 picks.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@roy

Here’s the quote:

Yes well I wouldn’t agree with the word “affinity” either, but he hasn’t shied away from the trenches with the premium picks. If you look at the first two rounds you have Smith, Marpet, Spence, and Vea and now Wirfs. So that’s five out of 16 picks.

Yes. He has “shied away” from them.

3rd round picks are considered premium.

You can’t just exclude them in order to throw your boy a bone.

• Trask Force

Participant

@roy

Here’s the quote:

OK including 3rds its 6 of 21 were linemen and linemen account for 8 or 9 out of 22 positions on the field (depending on the defense). so if he was drafting just average amount of linemen that would be 8 or 9. So Licht drafted fewer linemen than on average. The word affinity does not apply.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@roy

Here’s the quote:

OK including 3rds its 6 of 21 were linemen and linemen account for 8 or 9 out of 22 positions on the field (depending on the defense). so if he was drafting just average amount of linemen that would be 8 or 9. So Licht drafted fewer linemen than on average. The word affinity does not apply.

It’s actually 6 out of 25

• Nobody

Participant

So, let’s compare them to New Orleans who, for the last 3 years, has had a top 10 DVOA defense (8, 10, 11) and a top 2 (FBO) OL every ear (1, 2, 2) and they’ll have the same thing again this year for 4 years in a row.

Since 2015:

9 Premium Picks out of 20 toal or 45 % of their picks in the 1st 3 rounds.

If we’re 6/22, that is 27 %.

Yeah. That is a pretty significant disparity. Around 167 % more Premium assets. The disparity in success at OL and defense the last 3 years is not a coincidence.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Baltimore – 12 (!).

Indy – Also spent 9 Premiums (despite spending 0 this year…so that is NINE from just 15-19!)

And when you get into their total assets spent, it gets even more skewed.

• Detrimental

Participant

PR called Justin Evans a quality starter in this league and I stopped reading there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Long term, Licht easily made the right decision here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok then, what exactly makes this a smart long term move, aside from the fact your little fingers types it as such? White is no Ray Lewis. And Allen looks to be a stud pass rusher. You know how that works right?

• Bootz04

Blocked

Good God. Get off his….jock, SR. The man has drafted a DB 1st or 2nd round in 5 straight drafts.
      VH3 is gone.
      Evans sucks and is no longer healthy.
      Stewart is garbage.
      Davis is good yet inconsistent.
      Murphy-Bunting is decent yet inconsistent.
      Winfield Jr we’ll see.

Meanwhile when I look for these premium trench players all I see are Smith, Marpet, Vea and Wirfs. 4 In 7 drafts.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok then, what exactly makes this a smart long term move, aside from the fact your little fingers types it as such? White is no Ray Lewis. And Allen looks to be a stud pass rusher. You know how that works right?

Are you out of your mind?! White is a better football player and a much better leader (something this fucking team needs). He won rookie of the month twice.

Why the fuck would you not root for and acknowledge greatness in White? Is it because you had us taking a one trick pony with no locker room presence?

You are a miserable fuck, huh?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’ll be hard pressed to find people who will agree with you. Most would have preferred Allen. Leadership? He was a rookie. Nobody is listening to a rookie who started out the season slowly. Allen is a bonafide pass rushers from day 1. You’re the miserable fuck, Jameis fanboy. I liked how Minter played last season.Time will tell…White wasn’t bad. But I would still have preferred Allen. Wipe that Jameis off your chin, champ.

Are you out of your mind?! White is a better football player and a much better leader (something this fucking team needs). He won rookie of the month twice.

Why the fuck would you not root for and acknowledge greatness in White? Is it because you had us taking a one trick pony with no locker room presence?

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’ll be hard pressed to find people who will agree with you. Most would have preferred Allen. Leadership? He was a rookie. Nobody is listening to a rookie who started out the season slowly. Allen is a bonafide pass rushers from day 1. You’re the miserable fuck, Jameis fanboy. I liked how Minter played last season.Time will tell…White wasn’t bad. But I would still have preferred Allen. Wipe that Jameis off your chin, champ.

Seems to me you are more balls deep than anyone on here on the Jameis front, not named Buc_boi. You troll and can’t have an honest conversation about a player. White is already a leader starts with doing your talking on the field. Show me Allen’s defensive rookie of the month awards from last season? And try like hell, to make a coherent Buccaneer post without bringing up Winston. I dare you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nah. I do what I want. You are just angry because you are seven months pregnant with Jaboo’s kid and he up and left ya. Don’t worry though…food stamps and welfare are through the roof during this covid crisis. Now is the part where you threaten me and tell me to have sexual intercourse with my cousin or something goofy like that. Get it off your chest, you are dying to. Did you know Jameis three 30 picks and fumbled a bunch more away, and you still swing from his sack? I like trolling you. You liked trolling the Bucs, I like trolling you. You mad.

Seems to me you are more balls deep than anyone on here on the Jameis front, not named Buc_boi. You troll and can’t have an honest conversation about a player. White is already a leader starts with doing your talking on the field. Show me Allen’s defensive rookie of the month awards from last season? And try like hell, to make a coherent Buccaneer post without bringing up Winston. I dare you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nah. I do what I want. You are just angry because you are seven months pregnant with Jaboo’s kid and he up and left ya. Don’t worry though…food stamps and welfare are through the roof during this covid crisis. Now is the part where you threaten me and tell me to have sexual intercourse with my cousin or something goofy like that. Get it off your chest, you are dying to. Did you know Jameis three 30 picks and fumbled a bunch more away, and you still swing from his sack? I like trolling you. You liked trolling the Bucs, I like trolling you. You mad.

X – If we are going to have a troll off, vegas would have me as the 100/1 fave. You are as disappointing to this board as an unsalted pretzel.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. You’re a disappointment to your family.

X – If we are going to have a troll off, vegas would have me as the 100/1 fave. You are as disappointing to this board as an unsalted pretzel.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Exactly.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.