Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Our chances of beating the Saints are pretty much like winning the lottery. The only chance we have of winning is if the offense plays a perfect game and that’s not likely. The Saints are a complete team with solid play in all facets of the game. The Bucs have a great offense, solid run D and a good kicker and that’s it. Our 30th ranked pass defense will be terrorized and that is the difference in this game. If we had a top ten pass defense I’d think differently about this game but, we don’t. Anyone who has watched the Bucs on a regular basis has to agree IMO. The Saints have our number and they are completely in the Bucs heads. We have been owned by the Saints and Evans has been invisible against them. Also, losing Cappa was big because the Saints have pressured us more than any other team this year. Larsen isn’t likely to play well against that pass rush. Overall I’m totally okay with this because it’s been a great season. I didn’t want Brady here in Tampa but, he has won me over and changed my mind. He is the reason we have made it this far. Anyways, it’s been a great year and I look forward to the off-season to see if we can somehow keep this train rolling. It will take some magic to keep this together because we have some expiring contracts. Go Bucs!!

• Wutt

Participant

You should learn how to form sentences and paragraphs.

Side note beating a team 3x in a season is incredibly hard, and this team is totally different from the team the Saints faced back in Week 9.

• mdarby215

Participant

“Side note beating a team 3x in a season is incredibly hard, and this team is totally different from the team the Saints faced back in Week 9”.

Before quoting things, you may want to research. Turns out 75% of the time a team has beaten another team twice and then faced them a third time, they have won. That’s not “incredibly hard” as you stated. It’s actually much easier.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Side note beating a team 3x in a season is incredibly hard, and this team is totally different from the team the Saints faced back in Week 9.

Sorry your angry but it has happened many times. The Saints have our number. Hope I’m wrong

• dalbuc

Participant

Saints are across the board the better team and a bad matchup. I don’t think we are as bad as we showed in that thumping but we will have to play our best game of the year to win.

• buc_boi

Participant

I believe in my team

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Not so sure about the whole “having our number” thing. Sounds pretty fluffy to me. A bit of shell-shock from that last shellacking perhaps.

I definitely agree that losing Cappa is a huge blow. And yes our team has some weakness in the Pass D department. We have some youth back there that has struggled, but if Bowles schemes up a good game to get pressure with D. White, and the DBs play up to their potential, we can hang with anyone…even the fucking saints.

Either way, these are our division rivals. Can’t roll over in your attitude towards them. I’m glad were playing them with a chance for revenge. Do we match up well with them on paper, absolutely not, but to be the best…blah,. blah, blah.

• BucWonder

Participant

Remember how Philly “had the Bucs’ number”? Philly beat the Bucs 21-3 in 2000 playoffs, 31-9 in 2001 playoffs, and 20-10 in 2002 regular season. Then Ronde leads the 27-10 victory in 2002 playoffs.

• m_j

Participant

mike normally doesn‘t exist in those games, something tells me this one is going to be different

yes, our corners can‘t cover WR in a wheelchair but there is always that one game where everything plays out different, and TB gives us hope! it is up to our coaches not to get heavily outcoached by payton as well!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Tom Brady has never lost to a team 3 times in a season.

He will not be starting now.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Honestly I didn’t wanna face the taints in the playoffs but Brady wants them… that’s the assurance I needed from that guy to change my entire mindset… this game won’t be like the weeks 1 and 9 where they wiped the stadium with us… this time our offense is firing on all cylinders and the pressure is gonna be on them being the favored team…

Evans will be a huge factor this game and I can almost guarantee it and the defense will make enough plays to give us a chance..

• Charles

Participant

We were flat oitcoached against them.

If Arians doesn’t get out of his cart…we are done.

Time to earn his money.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Not a lot of actual facts that I’m seeing, but the facts won’t matter anyways once the game starts, anything could happen. My guess from has been seen so far is that the Bucs need to score at least 40 with whatever time is left not used by the saints offense running the dogshit bucs defense up and down the field at any pace they want.

• seekpar

Participant

If the Bucs D could completely stifle the Packers O for 3 quarters, they can stop the Saints. The Bucs D pretty much stopped the Saints in the first game, but the O couldn’t get it going. Brees had only 160 and 2 tds, Kamara had only 67 combined and 2 tds. Brady threw a pick 6, gave them a td. The Bucs should go back and look at how they were able to slow them down and duplicate it in this game. I agree with other posters that the Bucs aren’t the same team as before. It’s taken most of the season for the O to gel and for BL to figure out how to use all that talent. I’m cautiously optimistic about this game. If they lose, well, it was a great season and enjoyable to actually see a professional football team in Tampa for once.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Is it tho? Of the 21 previous times its happened, the team that won the first 2 has won the third 14 times.

This is a myth.

• kenntak

Participant

Those things don’t matter, either team can win. Other than me, not many people said the Rams and Ravens would win–and they did. Forget about the two previous losses, these are the playoffs.

• Live4BUCS

Participant

I’m going to lose my S! if our DB’s come out 10 yards off their WR’s on the first drive. I don’t care if we don’t have the corners for man/press, we have to find out it it would work. We all know they are only throwing to the RB and 5 yard routes to receivers all game.

• JC5100

Participant

Not so sure about the whole “having our number” thing. Sounds pretty fluffy to me. A bit of shell-shock from that last shellacking perhaps.

I definitely agree that losing Cappa is a huge blow. And yes our team has some weakness in the Pass D department. We have some youth back there that has struggled, but if Bowles schemes up a good game to get pressure with D. White, and the DBs play up to their potential, we can hang with anyone…even the fucking saints.

Either way, these are our division rivals. Can’t roll over in your attitude towards them. I’m glad were playing them with a chance for revenge. Do we match up well with them on paper, absolutely not, but to be the best…blah,. blah, blah.

Arians is 0-4 against them as Bucs coach and none of the games have been close. 31-24 looks close only because Bucs scored on last play of game.

• Greattimes

Participant

The Saints have opened as a 3 point favorite.

• thestamos23

Participant

Bowles is a stubborn mfing coach, but he and his team got SPANKED hard in that 2nd game. If hes going to drastically change how he does defense and surprise us, it would be this game. Maybe we wont run strictly soft cushion zone until its too late this time.

I dont think the defense has to be perfect, but they have to keep it under 30. Bucs will need to be turnover free, get at least one from the Saints, be perfect from special teams, and have Brady ball out.

The team has learned alot about itself since that 2nd matchup, and I do expect it to be a 1 score game in the 4th quarter. Cant possibly expect a win here, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they will have competitive strategy and execution on Sunday!

• Vance

Participant

Bro, just go be a Saints fan .. Everyone who plays the lottery has the hopes of winning. I can tell you were never an athlete though. Just play hard that is all I want this team to do .

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I’m facing the facts. The Bucs will endure a big massacre in the Big Easy

• Charlie

Participant

OP is doing some reverse voodoo…..I like it :)

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Where’s all the gusto from last week?

Are all those posters exhausted from the mental gymnastics of trying to figure any and every way possible to avoid NOLA?

“You wanna’ be the man, you gotta’ beat the man”

• Natural Selection

Participant

Home field advantage is definitely going away with Covid. It’s becoming a disadvantage to play at home, imo, but that factors heavily in the analysis here. Since it has been a significant advantage in the past.

Obviously all teams that win twice have home field and are favored for the 3rd matchup. Since the NFL expanded to 32 teams, home playoff teams favored by 3 or more points are 94-40. That’s a higher win % (70%) than those teams matching up a 3rd time against a team they already beat twice in the regular season. So statistically, it is more difficult to beat that same team a third time than draw some random but equivalent playoff team for that playoff matchup.

• Mic

Participant

We have been preparing and shaping our offense to beat the saints since our last game. The plays we run the concepts we have, we tinkered around to see what works and practiced it in game, we are gonna get em like we did at Philly in 2002

• inspecto

Participant

I agree NO like Philly used to be until Gruden figured out to beat them as they had our number for 2-3 yrs. Now we need to figure how to beat the saints.

• BucBalla85

Participant

We can beat the Saints. Honestly if I had to bet this game it would be tough because its so hard to win 3 games in a row vs the same team. However they showed they were better in those previous 2 games. Then again that was a while ago and we have improved since then. I think this is a toss up because its tough to know what will occur because we know they are both going to mix things up. I just hope we win. Getting to the nfc championship game would be very exciting for us. 1 game away from being the first team to play a home game for the super bowl. If we lose that possibility goes out the window and at that point just being happy we finally won a playoff game. At least we didn’t lose to the team with no name. There isn’t much shame in losing to the Saints. Just don’t want to see it.

• theknees

Participant

Is it tho? Of the 21 previous times its happened, the team that won the first 2 has won the third 14 times.

This is a myth.

Nah. Your stats are complete bullshit. No big. Keep selling the lie.

• TBChucky

Participant

Wait, so we can beat them with Fitz and a bad Buc team but can’t with Tom Brady on a loaded team? Um.. Ok..

• TBChucky

Participant

Let’s see. You never know which way that funny shaped ball bounces.. The Bucs are embarrassed about that last game. I have a feeling ME13 is going to teabag Lattimore this game.. Godwin won’t drop 4 passes again either.. Oh, and AB is in sync now as well. It’ll be a shootout, which gives me lots of hope, personally.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I’ll say this… if we beat the Saints, we taking the chip home.

Go Bucs!

• buc_boi

Participant

Been too long since we’ve seen a good tea bagging, we’re due.

• BucHarbour

Participant

The second game we played them was downright horrible. Piss poor defensive play calling, and an out of sync offense. We just had issues during that game. The first game, however, wasn’t like this, and I think some people forget that Brady took the opening drive right down for the score to put us up. The two picks really hurt and that was mostly timing. We really tamped down on the Saints offense in that first game. Bowles needs to let loose the dogs in this game. Right from the start make Brees feel uncomfortable. Bang him up some and remind him about his ribs. And if Taysom comes in, strip that ball from him like the Bears did. If it was me, I’d have White green dogging a lot in this game, and being the QB spy when Hill comes in to chase him down if he runs outside.

We can win this game. They’re not unbeatable. We just can’t come at Brees with a 4 man rush and soft zone coverage. He’ll just eat us up again.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I’m going to lose my S! if our DB’s come out 10 yards off their WR’s on the first drive. I don’t care if we don’t have the corners for man/press, we have to find out it it would work. We all know they are only throwing to the RB and 5 yard routes to receivers all game.

You know that’s what they will do and that’s what is so frustrating. Not sure why we keep drafting DB’s and none of them really pan out. Even CD3 is getting burned on a regular basis now. I thought this group was going to be great but, they have all regressed. Is it coaching?

• BucHarbour

Participant

I think it is clearly coaching. Same thing happened with the DB’s at Florida. Now that coach is gone. You see corners making plays and doing the right thing, then slowly, game by game, get worse: that’s 100% coaching in my mind.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’ll say this… if we beat the Saints, we taking the chip home.

Go Bucs!

I’d feel similar. Just like in 2002 with Philly.

• Donkey

Participant

I’ve rooted against this guy for 19 years and mostly ended up being disappointed.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Our chances of beating the Saints are pretty much like winning the lottery.

I love it when ninnies say “Face the facts” and then follow it up with a statement like this.

For those that like hyperbole, the odds of winning the lottery about 1-in-300,000,000.

• TBChucky

Participant

I like our odds much better than that.. Lol..

Our chances of beating the Saints are pretty much like winning the lottery.

I love it when ninnies say “Face the facts” and then follow it up with a statement like this.

For those that like hyperbole, the odds of winning the lottery about 1-in-300,000,000.

• Mic

Participant

The more people that thinks it’s a blowout the better I feel about the game

• TURBO

Participant

The more people that thinks it’s a blowout the better I feel about the game

Yup, I hope the Saints feel the same way, but that is highly doubtful.

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.