Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Wish they’d take leftwich instead.

• Biggs3535

Participant

No, they aren’t. Bowles won’t get any serious consideration for HC after his shit-show with the Jets.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Falcons are bringing in Bienemie and Saleh from the Niners for interviews. Both are red hot candidates around coaching circles…

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

They can have him. And hope he hires Leftwich as his OC

• Vance

Participant

This doesn’t fit the Falcons . They just had two defensive minded head coaches (Smith and Quinn) and it did not work. They need a OC as a head coach. They will fail if they are thinking Bowles.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

That’d be worse than the Mike McCarthy hire by Dallas. It’s not happening tho.

• dalbuc

Participant

They really wouldn’t do that. He was awful in NYJ and his defense hasn’t been all that this year. They have seen him up close and both times their offense really did very very well against his scheme.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I would let him go. His scheme kind of sucks. We do generate pressure but that is more from the guys we have than the scheme imo. I think he is a little overrated. At least right now I do. If we go have an excellent playoffs on d then I will eat giant thing of crow. My prediction is the reason we don’t go far is our d scheme is too easy to play against.

• m_j

Participant

I would like to see what he can do with good corners. Get two good guys in FA and give him one more chance

• BucBalla85

Participant

I would like to see what he can do with good corners. Get two good guys in FA and give him one more chance

Thats true. Our secondary was young and honestly wasn’t very good. Maybe with some competent corners we would be better.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

NCAA Minny coach PJ Fleck getting some rumor that he might be looked at as an NFL head coach. That’s a very fast rise for Fleck. He does have some NFL coaching experience as he was our WR coach in 2012 and helped with rookie HC Schiano from college to the NFL. Fleck does have that experience as well as have resources to fall back upon with Schiano being available.

I dunno if Fleck will make the jump since he signed a 7-year contract with Minny in 2019. An NFL coaching spot is rare to have and probably a good reason to make that jump. If he falters, then he can always go back to coaching in the NCAA’s.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Thats true. Our secondary was young and honestly wasn’t very good. Maybe with some competent corners we would be better.

I know pff isnt the end all be all, but i believe both davis & dean graded out as top 10-15 corners.

Dean was the 2nd highest rated 2nd year defensive player as recent as 2 or 3 weeks ago.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I know pff isnt the end all be all, but i believe both davis & dean graded out as top 10-15 corners.

Dean was the 2nd highest rated 2nd year defensive player as recent as 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Well part of it was the scheme having them play so far off the wrs. Also they are young so they are going to make mistakes. However you are right they made some good plays this year too. Maybe they learn from their mistakes this year and are better but still hoping for some competition there. Always a good thing.

• Bucman

Participant

Bowles must be fishing for a raise.

• BeachBumBuc

Participant

Rich McKay is constantly trying to find the next Tony Dungy. Bowles is a great D Coordinator. I’m just not sure he is head coaching material and that’s not a knock. It’s just what it is. But Rich loves taking guys away from his division and knows how creating worry on a defense before the playoffs can screw a tram. Remember Monte Kiffin.

I really despise the Falcons. I think they are doing this to mess with the Bucs more than anything else.

• Mic

Participant

No ones gonna hire Bowles and the glazers better not get too antsy again like the did with Raheem Koetter and mike smith giving them what they want.

When you have much more attractive candidates fighting for those 4-5jobs.

You got Meyer Beniemy Saleh just to name a few

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Bowles meeting with atl next week

Trying to take his focus off our playoff game?

Smh. Dirty falcons.

If the D plays poorly this is partly why.

League shouldn’t allow teams to meet with active coaches. Wait til the playoffs aee over.

• mog73

Participant

His indifference with the media should cost him, some of his Bucs press conferences are car crashes on a pr level.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Bowles was calling stunts early on and it worked but haven’t seen him go back to it. JPP twisting with Suh and White coming on the blitz.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Lions plan to interview him as well.

I’ll reiterate: I hate that active coaches can be interviewed.

Wait til the playoffs are over or that particular team is eliminated.

Usually doesn’t effect us but this year it absolutely does. Horse shit.

• JC5100

Participant

Raheem getting screwed here

• inspecto

Participant

Raheem getting screwed here

why? do you think he’s HC ready?

• seekpar

Participant

Raheem may still end up getting the job.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.