Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

I say that because typically, most Homers only watch one team….and pay little attention to other games…….  which is what this thread is all about….. the entire league….have you noticed this season.....(for the most part)...with few exceptions....how sloppy the playing is this season..... League Wide?I've seen maybe three games that were fairly flawless...just great games with flawless execution and all......but this season in particular.....already......the vast majority of the NFL games I am seeing are absolutely sloppy......riddled with horrid play, blown assignments, dropped passes and fumbles....  horrid skills, mega penalties, like something is just not clicking this year.....anyone else noticing that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s been sloppy since the new CBA. The limited practices are affecting play. Basically, you spend the week in shorts and you can’t really hit people until the game.Add to that a focus on safety and shortened weeks because of primetime games, international travel and east coast/west cost travel, and you end up with sloppy play.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

It's been sloppy since the new CBA. The limited practices are affecting play. Basically, you spend the week in shorts and you can't really hit people until the game.Add to that a focus on safety and shortened weeks because of primetime games, international travel and east coast/west cost travel, and you end up with sloppy play.

hrmmmm..... you may have pegged it...... well done.....that all makes perfect sense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the OL play this season is the worst I can remember.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's been sloppy since the new CBA. The limited practices are affecting play. Basically, you spend the week in shorts and you can't really hit people until the game.Add to that a focus on safety and shortened weeks because of primetime games, international travel and east coast/west cost travel, and you end up with sloppy play.

hrmmmm..... you may have pegged it...... well done.....that all makes perfect sense

I agree with his take on that as well.Also, i think that new rules cause it as well. Especially from college to pro players. Just look up the amount of newer rules being called throughout the league. Lowering rb head, defenseless receiver, etc. PI has gotten very ticky-tack on how and when its allowed per game as well. Im willing to bet that those penalties, which are tougher to avoid for newbies especially, take up at least 1/4Th of the games time.They keep adding new rules, and not drop some of the old ones, we get an overload.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add to that the officials making very ticky tacky calls is causing the games to seriously lack tempo and excitement.When's the last NFL game anyone can remember that was exciting as Georgia/Tennessee from last weekend?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Add to that the officials making very ticky tacky calls is causing the games to seriously lack tempo and excitement.When's the last NFL game anyone can remember that was exciting as Georgia/Tennessee from last weekend?

I think most of it has to deal with the CBA I think you are right too. This year the officials have been very ticky tacky. It sucks and it does ruin the rhythm like you said.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I think most of it has to deal with the CBA I think you are right too. This year the officials have been very ticky tacky. It sucks and it does ruin the rhythm like you said.

I'll go you one better........it's actually ruining the game we all know and love.I've never quite gotten over what Lynch said a few years ago while he was calling a game..... they showed a quickie highlight reel of John....and when it was done......he said "every one of those tackles now, would receive a flag"If that is true.....and I'm sure it is...... what the hell ARE we even watching now?  it's sure not football like we used to know and love.Think about what Lynch said.......really think about that.  a guy like him, now....would have to either quit......or tone it down ten notches.  is that what we're watching now?  a toned-down version of what was once the NFL?  if so.......that's frighteningly sad.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_1Qsqo5w9Mhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acN4SDoAhds

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This season has some of the worst, most inconsistent officiating I’ve seen in years and that has also negatively affected the play on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and lots of missed field goals

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.