Viewing 72 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

The humbling of Johnny Football continues.From telling him he’s a backup to reminding him he’s not in Hollywood to putting him at No. 3 on the depth chart for OTAs, the Browns have been trying to ensure that Johnny Manziel doesn’t realize that from the moment he was drafted he instantly became the most powerful man in Cleveland.  G.M. Ray Farmer took it to a new level on Tuesday, explaining that, as of right now, the gap between Brian Hoyer and Manziel isn’t close.Via Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan, Farmer said on Bull & Fox that Hoyer is the better quarterback “by a substantial margin.”This doesn’t mean Manziel, who 13 days ago wasn’t even a member of the organization, can’t close the gap.  But it shows that the Browns fully intend to park Manziel at the bottom and make him work his way to the top.Or at least to create the impression that he actually did work his way up from the bottom, even if he never really was as low as the team is making it out to be.Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/21/ray-farmer-hoyer-is-better-than-manziel-by-a-substantial-margin/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The humbling of Johnny Football continues.From telling him he’s a backup to reminding him he’s not in Hollywood to putting him at No. 3 on the depth chart for OTAs, the Browns have been trying to ensure that Johnny Manziel doesn’t realize that from the moment he was drafted he instantly became the most powerful man in Cleveland.  G.M. Ray Farmer took it to a new level on Tuesday, explaining that, as of right now, the gap between Brian Hoyer and Manziel isn’t close.Via Dustin Fox of 92.3 The Fan, Farmer said on Bull & Fox that Hoyer is the better quarterback “by a substantial margin.”This doesn’t mean Manziel, who 13 days ago wasn’t even a member of the organization, can’t close the gap.  But it shows that the Browns fully intend to park Manziel at the bottom and make him work his way to the top.Or at least to create the impression that he actually did work his way up from the bottom, even if he never really was as low as the team is making it out to be.

I thought ballers/dragon slayers didn't start at the bottom of the depth chart.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will never be more than a second string QB.  He’s not physically capable.  Did anyone really watch his warm ups or his first rookie camp?  He looks like an 8th grader trying to hang out with Seniors.  The Browns are really weak for giving in to some macho BS text.  They will wreck the league by out sucking the competition.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he will do some impressive stuff in camp and eventually be named starter.  he  has too much media influence.  farmer is just trying to stave it off.  but i also think come regular games he will try to do too much and have some serious trouble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will never be more than a second string QB.  He's not physically capable.  Did anyone really watch his warm ups or his first rookie camp?  He looks like an 8th grader trying to hang out with Seniors.  The Browns are really weak for giving in to some macho BS text.  They will wreck the league by out sucking the competition.

JFF isnt going to start anytime soon and I agree that they screwed the pooch trading up into the 1st round for a round 3 talent. All part of what makes Cleveland ......... Cleveland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is the new Tebow on these boards

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Browns will cave under fan pressure. Just watch. Unless JFF absolutely tanks in camp and preseason, he’ll start week 1.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Anytime Hoyer throws an incompletion the boo birds will be out and they will be chanting for Manziel. They have to start him , they have no choice . Otherwise the fans will burn that place to the ground.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anytime Hoyer throws an incompletion the boo birds will be out and they will be chanting for Manziel. They have to start him , they have no choice . Otherwise the fans will burn that place to the ground.

Agreed.  Cleveland is not unique in this regard.  Any team where the current QB is not firmly entrenched that would have drafted JFF would be in the same boat.  It's why his chance for success is slim.  He's a mid round talent that marketed himself into the first round. Now he's going to get thrown to the wolves and he will die a slow painful media magnified death.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From what I hear Cleveland likes Hoyer, hometown kid and brought a lot of excitement when he played last year I think he went 3-0 in games he started

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoyer is a pawn at this point. Cleveland fans lost their sh!t when the called JFF’s name. They’ll lose it again by the end of the first preseason game. It’s coming.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoyer was also coming off a knee injury. 10lbbass thinks Glennon is a winning starting future HOF QB, but thinks JFF is a scrub. Simply laughable.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

10lbbass was right about the Bucs draft strategy .Milton , you were not.I think I believe him over you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s probably just because Glennon has a skill set that translates to the NFL and Manziel has almost no skills that translate to the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's probably just because Glennon has a skill set that translates to the NFL and Manziel has almost no skills that translate to the NFL.

Actually Glennon has no skills, noodle arm, accuracy=below average at best, mobility? Not a chance. He is goofily tall, and it's not my fault that Lovie Smith doesn't know a single thing about having a real NFL QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he will do some impressive stuff in camp and eventually be named starter.  he  has too much media influence.  farmer is just trying to stave it off. 

And that right there is why you're the cleveland browns and not the New England patriots.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoyer was also coming off a knee injury. 10lbbass thinks Glennon is a winning starting future HOF QB, but thinks JFF is a scrub. Simply laughable.

No idea where Glennon's career is headed.  I am certain about JFF.  It's nothing personal against him he's just not NFL material and no amount of hope and wish in this world will make him a viable NFL QB.  Keep bashing Glennon though, it will get you far on the Buc's board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering the fact that Manziel torched SEC defenses on the regular, I think the potential is there. However, in the end, nobody knows how he is going to measure up until he starts to play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he will do some impressive stuff in camp and eventually be named starter.  he  has too much media influence.  farmer is just trying to stave it off. 

And that right there is why you're the cleveland browns and not the New England patriots.

Tom Brady has made A LOT of questionable (shitty) coaches/front office people A LOT of money. When Tom retires so does Bill.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tom Brady has made A LOT of questionable (**CENSORED**ty) coaches/front office people A LOT of money. When Tom retires so does Bill.

As has Mouse Davis's run and shoot offense.  I still can't believe the Pats get away with that and have for so many years. Great OL helps.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You would think that a team would eventually learn from past mistakes. Cleveland has always been an NFL doormat and it doesn’t appear that it is going to change anytime soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You would think that a team would eventually learn from past mistakes. Cleveland has always been an NFL doormat and it doesn't appear that it is going to change anytime soon.

Huh? THIS iteration has been, but check the 80's.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Given the realities of the pick and the QB situation in Cleveland, does anyone else think they are handling Manziel truly awfully?  I don’t get the plan, because everything I see posted here about the situation would lead an outsider to believe they already think they made a bad selection.  Is this a military “break him down to build him back up” thing?  Doesn’t seem to be the tact that I would take with my brash, cocky young franchise quarterback.  Especially when I really don’t have much to play him behind and it’s extremely likely I’ll be wanting him to start game 1. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like they are handling the situation properly, IMO.Let him earn his keep.  Hoyer is awful, so if he is truly leaps ahead of Manziel, the GM might as well be saying that the pick is wasted already.  SO what say you?  You think he means what he is saying?  Or is he sidewinding a little bit?  Could this be motivational?  You be the smart one and figure it out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounds like they are handling the situation properly, IMO.Let him earn his keep.  Hoyer is awful, so if he is truly leaps ahead of Manziel, the GM might as well be saying that the pick is wasted already.  SO what say you?  You think he means what he is saying?  Or is he sidewinding a little bit?  Could this be motivational?  You be the smart one and figure it out.

So we should start Mike Evans at 5th on the receiver depth chart and let him work his way up from there?  Earn his keep?  Motivate in the meeting room and the practice field, not the media imo. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, let’s compare two completely different levels of stardom and media coverage, of the hype surrounding Manziel…to the hype of Mike Evans.Also, aside from Vinnie Jax, Mike Evans is about as beast as they get (for a prospect), and after that the Bucs wideout depth chart is still thin, if not entirely enigmatic.Hoyer is not good.  The fanbase wants to see if what Manziel does translates, but the GM wants to kill some of the hype, and make him "earn his keep" amongst the Browns fans that should hold some sway...for the romantic fan.It isn't rocket surgery here man...apples and oranges.Do you think the GM has already said that Hoyer is leaps and bonds better than Manziel to piss on the QB?  To berate him?  Does he really mean it?  That Hoyer is truly that much better than Manziel?  Maybe at this point...but of course he would be.  Jimmy Claussen is probably more prepared for what to expect than Manziel.  Manziel gets pissed, and he plays tough.  Seen it.  Put a bigger chip on his shoulder.  Then run him outta town if he is successful.  He can come to Tampa then...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m telling you guys.. cleveland should be renamed qbrapeland.Already hard at work I see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is the new Tebow on these boards

Lucky Larry now has a new Manziel Love Sock to use for quiet time....

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

It’s interesting that now the Browns GM and Owner have made comments about Manziel that were negative in a way. Maybe it’s all for motivation but still if he’s that much worse than Brian Hoyer and was brought in to be a “backup” why would they trade up to get him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tom Brady has made A LOT of questionable (**CENSORED**ty) coaches/front office people A LOT of money. When Tom retires so does Bill.

The pats make moves in the best interest of winning. Fans, media, veteren players be damned, it's all about the win and that why is the Browns stink. If you even consider how fans/media will react while making a move, you've already lost the game. Hell, just the fact that they drafted JFF tells us they were thinking about fans/tickets/media rather than winning.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Considering the fact that Manziel torched SEC defenses on the regular, I think the potential is there. However, in the end, nobody knows how he is going to measure up until he starts to play.

4-4 in the SEC last year is not "torching"...they beat the bottom feeders; The Hogs, the Commoders, Miss.St Bulldoggettes, and Ole Miss...he didn't fare too well against the Big Dogs....He padded his stats against the likes of Rice, SMU, UTEP, Sam Houston State

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He absolutely did torch the Big Dogs too. A&M just fielded one of the worst defenses the SEC has seen in a long time and it cost them games and impacted how JFF had to play. Which is a reason I question why we are bringing in so many of these UDFA defensive players from A&MYou obviously didn't watch much of him play as he was controlled, not shut down, by only one team he played last year and that was LSU.Bama- 28/39 464 yds 5 TDS and another 98 yds on the groundAuburn- 28/38 454 yds 4 TDs and another 50 yds and TD on the groundSo he torched the top 2 teams he faced in the SEC as well...

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

“Motivate in the meeting room and the practice field, not the media imo.”Different people are motivated in different ways. If you're trying to reach someone who spends a lot of time reading their own press clippings, the media might be exactly the way to do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think all of it is more about trying to control fan expectations than it is to motivate Manziel. I think they really want to let him sit and learn but know that their fans are going to be crying for him, so this is a preemptive strike to try and buy them time to groom the kid and not just throw him to the wolves right away.I don't know how his game will translate, but I would agree with this strategy if it buys them even just a few weeks longer to allow Manziel to sit and learn and adjust to the pro game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just out of curiosity, at what point do we stop starting threads about other teams draft picks? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When the offseason ends.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just out of curiosity, at what point do we stop starting threads about other teams draft picks?

Manziel is always going to be alive on the Red Board because so many fools on here wanted him in Tampa. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is always going to be alive on the Red Board because so many fools on here wanted him in Tampa.

Yet, the one jack*ss who was the most vocal about not wanting him here; is the one who posts and starts threads about him more than anyone else after he was drafted by a different team. Weird huh?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet, the one jack*ss who was the most vocal about not wanting him here; is the one who posts and starts threads about him more than anyone else after he was drafted by a different team. Weird huh?

Dooooooche Hunter.  I have started one thread to chronicle his demise in Cleveland.  What's weird is your obsession with my responses to anything Manziel.  Strange guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dooooooche Hunter.  I have started one thread to chronicle his demise in Cleveland.  What's weird is your obsession with my responses to anything Manziel.  Strange guy.

Listen Princess, you have talked about him more post-draft, than anyone else on here. No, you're not obsessed.  ::)  Take off the clown shoes 10lbAss

Please wait…

• Scholty

Participant

If Farmer is being honest and not just using this as a motivational tactic, I agree with him that Hoyer is probably by and far better equipped to be the starter at this point.  The only justifiable reason I see for Hoyer getting benched if he starts the season and doesn’t play horribly is if he gets hurt again or Pettine thinks Manziel’s “playmaking ability” will be a difference maker when the lack of talent on offense becomes glaringly obvious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I take offense to not even be in the discussion for most vocal against Manziel!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My apologies sir.  :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Browns are getting out of hand with their plan to knock Manziel down a peg. If I didn’t know better I’d think they didn’t trade back into the first round to take him. It’s going to blow up in their faces, and that whole staff will be out of a job in 2 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My apologies sir.  :P

Thumbs up!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as we’re taking bows…  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He absolutely did torch the Big Dogs too. A&M just fielded one of the worst defenses the SEC has seen in a long time and it cost them games and impacted how JFF had to play. Which is a reason I question why we are bringing in so many of these UDFA defensive players from A&MYou obviously didn't watch much of him play as he was controlled, not shut down, by only one team he played last year and that was LSU.Bama- 28/39 464 yds 5 TDS and another 98 yds on the groundAuburn- 28/38 454 yds 4 TDs and another 50 yds and TD on the groundSo he torched the top 2 teams he faced in the SEC as well...

Mike Evans bailed him out. 7- 279- 1TD vs. Bama and11- 287- 4TD vs. Auburn.Do the math. Without Evans making those plays and drawing double, triple and quadruple teams Johnny Football would have had pedestrian numbers in both of those games. Mike Evans was the superstar at college station.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans bailed him out. 7- 279- 1TD vs. Bama and11- 287- 4TD vs. Auburn.Do the math. Without Evans making those plays and drawing double, triple and quadruple teams Johnny Football would have had pedestrian numbers in both of those games. Mike Evans was the superstar at college station.

Mike Evans was THE superstar in College Station.  He made JFF and deserves half of everything JFF earns.

Please wait…

• jrech1

Participant

I wish this would stop.  They BOTH were very good.  There were many games that Mike went off and had an incredible game.  And there were MANY that JFF carried the team.  Go watch 2012 Ark, Miss St., Ole Miss, La Tech, Alabama, OU (Cotton Bowl).  Of course we could also watch the Duke game in 2013.  Remember, in 2012 there was another great WR at A&M called Ryan S-w-o-p-e.  The ball had to get to both of these WR's and JFF was delivering it not to mention he lead the SEC in rushing in 2012.  I think it is fair to say BOTH were great players.  To say one bailed the other one out is ridiculous...especially if you watched the games. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2OfgKbEBsI dunno bro.  Looked like a QB throwing some fucking darts for the most part.  One jump ball at the end tho.  Mike was beast mode for sure, but how do you knock a QB for throwing well timed and accurate passes to his best receiver?  More then half of those Mike had marginal separation and Johnny dropped it in perfectly in stride or put it where Mike could shield the defender.  I thought the one Mike didn't get his feet down on was well placed as well., 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SEC defenses weren’t that good in 2013.  That’s why the grip on the crystal ball broke.In his first game as a collegian, Florida's defense was able to adjust to his game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just watched every one of Manziel’s snaps against Alabama. He may have put up some big numbers, but I wasn’t impressed at all. His receivers bailed him out a few times and the only time I saw throws that impressed me, he had an absolutely perfect pocket to step up in. Also, saw a few times where he would leave the pocket to early and throw off his back foot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dunno bro.  Looked like a QB throwing some **CENSORED**ing darts for the most part.  One jump ball at the end tho.  Mike was beast mode for sure, but how do you knock a QB for throwing well timed and accurate passes to his best receiver?  More then half of those Mike had marginal separation and Johnny dropped it in perfectly in stride or put it where Mike could shield the defender.  I thought the one Mike didn't get his feet down on was well placed as well.,

Most of those passes were right on the money. But, I guess no matter who are QB is for the next 5 years, if they're successful; it's only going to be because of Evans.  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans was THE superstar in College Station.  He made JFF and deserves half of everything JFF earns.

10 lb Bass you're an idiot. I bet you will be a coward and won't show your face here when Manziel turns the Browns around.

Please wait…

• Scholty

Participant

I think the media circus is going to annihilate the Browns’ season.  I had high hopes for that franchise going forward after the Richardson trade, but I think Farmer is ill-equipped for the JFF ****show that’s about to ensue.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2OfgKbEBsI dunno bro.  Looked like a QB throwing some **CENSORED**ing darts for the most part.  One jump ball at the end tho.  Mike was beast mode for sure, but how do you knock a QB for throwing well timed and accurate passes to his best receiver?  More then half of those Mike had marginal separation and Johnny dropped it in perfectly in stride or put it where Mike could shield the defender.  I thought the one Mike didn't get his feet down on was well placed as well.,

He was a good college football player. There is no denying it. But when I watch him I dont see Jeff Garcia ... I see Eric Crouch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Of course you do, what do you see in Mike Evans?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apparently, the same thing our front office sees in him. As soon as I saw this kid I saw greatness. As soon as I saw JFF I had Eric Crouch flashbacks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Apparently, the same thing our front office sees in him. As soon as I saw this kid I saw greatness. As soon as I saw JFF I had Eric Crouch flashbacks.

Ok.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dont take my word for it. Look at them side by side.[img]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Oi0ij3CHjR0[/img][img]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Np6jmBlK1MA[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched Evans get shut down against MU, when he faced an NFL DB in EJ Gaines, I saw nothing that made him look like a stud. I also saw him look bad (penalty wise) against Duke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the media circus is going to annihilate the Browns' season.  I had high hopes for that franchise going forward after the Richardson trade, but I think Farmer is ill-equipped for the JFF ****show that's about to ensue.

Big part of this problem is that everything I've read since the draft says the coaches wanted Bridgewater and the owner wanted Manziel. Heck, the reports now are they wanted Bortles at 4 maybe but he was gone so they moved won and when they moved back up they wanted Bridgewater so now you have coaches with a player they didn't want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I watched Evans get shut down against MU, when he faced an NFL DB in EJ Gaines, I saw nothing that made him look like a stud. I also saw him look bad (penalty wise) against Duke.

I bet you did!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet you did!!

Yep, I was at the game in Columbia, only 2 hours down the road.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be the starter early for the Browns.  Far more talented than Hoyer.  Hey everyone claimed Russell Wilson was no better than a 3rd rounder. Manziel has all the qualities of Wilson with more escapability.  His critics will soon be adjusting their evaluations.  Wise for the Browns to make such announcements it will just make the competition that much more intense.  jmoOh and great video of the Greatness? of Glennon above.  I still say running to the sideline Glennon is the most awkward QB I have seen in years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is the end of the Alabama game. He was triple teamed and still easily caught the ball uncontested way over the top of a 1st round draft choice Mr. Ha Ha. How can you not be impressed? [img width=600 height=399]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/073/058/EvansRebound1_crop_exact.png?w=650&h=433&q=85[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is the end of the Alabama game. He was triple teamed and still easily caught the ball uncontested way over the top of a 1st round draft choice Mr. Ha Ha. How can you not be impressed? [img width=600 height=399]http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/article/media_slots/photos/001/073/058/EvansRebound1_crop_exact.png?w=650&h=433&q=85[/img]

MIKEZILLA!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I dunno bro.  Looked like a QB throwing some **CENSORED**ing darts for the most part.  One jump ball at the end tho.  Mike was beast mode for sure, but how do you knock a QB for throwing well timed and accurate passes to his best receiver?  More then half of those Mike had marginal separation and Johnny dropped it in perfectly in stride or put it where Mike could shield the defender.  I thought the one Mike didn't get his feet down on was well placed as well.,

Most of those passes were right on the money. But, I guess no matter who are QB is for the next 5 years, if they're successful; it's only going to be because of Evans.  ::)

The passes that were on the money took two weeks to get there.  This guy's mechanics are screwy, he's used to a one read defense and the NFL both lifestyle and game plan wise will be too fast for him.  Those Bama highlights prove the point that Evans was responsible for his success. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be the starter early for the Browns.  Far more talented that Hoyer.  Hey everyone claimed Russell Wilson was no better than a 3rd rounder. Manziel has all the qualities of Wilson with more escapability.  His critics will soon be adjusting their evaluations.  Wise for the Browns to make such announcements it will just make the competition that much more intense.  jmoOh and great video of the Greatness? of Glennon above.  I still say running to the sideline Glennon is the most awkward QB I have seen in years.

Its going to be fun to see how it all plays out but Hoyer was great last year. Did you watch him? He played at a high level in the NFL and JFF struggled in college despite a great OL and great WR's. I just dont see it at all. Bridgewater maybe. JFF? I dont think so. He plays like a slower Eric Crouch. And Manziel is missing one quality of Russell Wilson (among many) and that is his speed. Wilson is way faster. Not even close. Bad comparison IMO. Wilson just won the Superbowl. He is the cream of the crop and JFF is 3rd string on the Browns. lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hoyer put up some very pedestrian numbers last season.  Surpassing Hoyer is a reasonable test for Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The passes that were on the money took two weeks to get there.  This guy's mechanics are screwy, he's used to a one read defense and the NFL both lifestyle and game plan wise will be too fast for him.  Those Bama highlights prove the point that Evans was responsible for his success.

Gotcha. That's what you're most concerned about. I swear, I think you're actually a reporter for TMZ Sports.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And Manziel is missing one quality of Russell Wilson (among many) and that is his speed. Wilson is way faster. Not even close. Bad comparison IMO. Wilson Seattle's sick *ss defense just won the Superbowl. He is They are the cream of the crop and JFF is 3rd string on the Browns. lol.

Fixed that for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will be the starter early for the Browns.  Far more talented that Hoyer.  Hey everyone claimed Russell Wilson was no better than a 3rd rounder. Manziel has all the qualities of Wilson with more escapability.  His critics will soon be adjusting their evaluations.  Wise for the Browns to make such announcements it will just make the competition that much more intense.  jmoOh and great video of the Greatness? of Glennon above.  I still say running to the sideline Glennon is the most awkward QB I have seen in years.

Its going to be fun to see how it all plays out but Hoyer was great last year. Did you watch him? He played at a high level in the NFL and JFF struggled in college despite a great OL and great WR's. I just dont see it at all. Bridgewater maybe. JFF? I dont think so. He plays like a slower Eric Crouch. And Manziel is missing one quality of Russell Wilson (among many) and that is his speed. Wilson is way faster. Not even close. Bad comparison IMO. Wilson just won the Superbowl. He is the cream of the crop and JFF is 3rd string on the Browns. lol.

Disagree...  Lets check back at the end of the season and see which one of us is more accurate in our appraisal.

Please wait…

Viewing 72 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.