Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 26 reply threads

• Author

• bucinsouthFL

Participant

A surprising amount of pundits are not even giving us a chance. I think we just need to avoid the big mistake, and hit a few shots downfield, and let Brindza hit a few 40-50 yarders. The Panthers exposed the Texans with a few shots downfield…and our deep threats are much better. Without Hopkins the Texans truly have nothing on offense right now, plus the o-line is banged up. Bill O'Brian is a great coach, so who knows Maybe Mallet will come out slinging it like crazy. I just think we can come out with the exact same game plan (idea-wise) and win this game.There will be a lot of 3 and outs, but I hope to see us grind it out. Watt and Clowney will get theirs, but I'd much rather see sacks than INTs and game wrecking plays. We also have the special teams ability to pin them back and control the field.    Bucs 13-6

Please wait…

• SoberInSac

Participant

I think Hopkins suffered a concussion last week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I still have the taste of week 1 lingering, so I’d call it a cautious optimism. Texans are desperate for their first, it’s their house, they have a solid defense traditionally, so I’ll be happy with a win anyway we can get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bill O'Brian is a great coach......

he is?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he is?

my exact thought.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he is?

my exact thought.

Compared to some of the coaches (head/positional) we have seen around here the past decade or so, he's Vince Lombardi.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he is?

my exact thought.

Compared to some of the coaches (head/positional) we have seen around here the past decade or so, he's Vince Lombardi.

based on what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

he is?

my exact thought.

based on what?

I'll admit I had to look up his bio. I don't see "great" at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We haven’t been winning a lot lately (coming off 4-12 and 2-14 seasons respectively), so to us, hot garbage (O’brien) looks like Vince Lombardi.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope i dont have to go “benchwarmer blue” this week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope i dont have to go "benchwarmer blue" this week.

So do we :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope i dont have to go "benchwarmer blue" this week.

So do we :P

Its a punishment for us all.The only time I'll be posting like that otherwise, will be for the pregame prayer. The football gods enjoyed my last one, apparently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just bought my tickets yesterday.  Got field level seats behind the bucs sideline.  Can’t wait for sunday!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is still the mix of, boy did we suck week one and not being sure if we played well in week two or the Saints just sucked that much more.  To be honest, even if we beat the Texans, and I think we can, until the panthers game, it will still be a question as to how good the team is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

*Insert pic of roller coaster*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m simply wondering which Bucs team shows up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m hopeful. I think  if the offense protects the football and able to sustain a running game we have a damn good shot.Houston is 26th against the run (although I think that might be skewed a bit because Cam ran wild, something Jameis cannot do), so its doable.Defensively, the Bucs have to duplicate what they did last week to Drew Brees, pressure the hell out of Mallet and stuff the run early. Most importantly, do your job.As always, the turnover battle will be key. If the Bucs can be +2 I think they can pull out the victory.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Turnovers will be key but their 3-4 defense scares me. We had trouble with the Browns and Titans due to their 3-4 defense so i hope we come in more prepared. We need to run the ball effectively and win the turnover battle. I would love to see Evans get involved early. Evans says he is 100% and would love for him to get involved early. It looks like Jameis already has a good connection with jackson and ASJ but it would be nice to see him build and good connection with Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopped over to the Texan’s fan forum to see what they were saying about the Bucs, found a Bucs thread so I linked it.Find out what they are saying about us: http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/the-bucs-are-coming.109382/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopped over to the Texan's fan forum to see what they were saying about the Bucs, found a Bucs thread so I linked it.Find out what they are saying about us: http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/the-bucs-are-coming.109382/

It's actually quite interesting reading their board. They are NOT confident at all in them winning this game. Actually sounds a lot like reading our board. They seem to expect bad things to happen. Funny how our board talks about us allowing Mallet to look like a All-Pro and see much the same post about Winston over there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In reference to O’Brian being a good coach…He took the Texans from 2-14 to 9-7 and I'd say that's good coaching...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will be more optimistic once the Bucs have a .500 record or a winning record for the first quarter of the season.  Till then I am taking a wait and see approach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In reference to O'Brian being a good coach...He took the Texans from 2-14 to 9-7 and I'd say that's good coaching...

And Lovie took 4-12 to 2-14. Ugh...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In reference to O'Brian being a good coach...He took the Texans from 2-14 to 9-7 and I'd say that's good coaching...

And Lovie took 4-12 to 2-14. Ugh...

I know a lot of folks are down on Smith, but I'm chalking last season up to no offensive coordinator and some of the wrong players for the defense that he runs. This year needs to show improvement. Remember Dungy got a lot of flak here for having bad offenses, but once he got to the Colts where he had a good quarterback and offensive coordinator, you didn't hear about Dungyball at all. I think Smith is trying to go the same route here. Hopefully he's got his quarterback and he's got a good offensive mind in Dirk Koetter. After reading the Houston boards, their fans, more than not, are actually expecting to lose this game, but are hoping for a win (much like us). They say, their chances to win the game rest on the shoulders of their defense and they are not expecting much of anything from their offense (much like us). The difference is that our offense is mostly healthy, including our playmakers, theirs are not.Cautiously optimistic about this weekend.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We finished the saints game in a very sloppy way. We need to be better. I’m very nervous about the Texans D versus our O. Winston is due to look like a rookie again. JJ Watt is going to make this Oline in his bitch. However I think our D is very capable of making their offense look bad too. This could be a battle of turnovers and field position. I think if we can run the ball well and keep the score close I think we can win. 20-10 Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopped over to the Texan's fan forum to see what they were saying about the Bucs, found a Bucs thread so I linked it.Find out what they are saying about us: http://www.texanstalk.com/threads/the-bucs-are-coming.109382/

LOL "YawwwnnnWe are 0-2, we have 2 QBS who couldn't score on backpage. "

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No question why their logo is a little bull…

Please wait…

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.