Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 34 reply threads

• Author

• Madman

Participant

Good clips and commentary on each player. This guy LOVES him some Leonard Floyd and I agree. Best pass rusher in the draft. Speed kills!http://clips9.com/files/2016/02/voch-lombardis-film-sessi/TWP20SgzdUg.html

• Anonymous

Inactive

Makes you wonder if Floyd might fit that LB/Edge rusher hybrid Smith might be looking for. He has the athleticism to play SAM on 1st and 2nd and get after the QB on 3rd down. Worth watching.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good clips and commentary on each player. This guy LOVES him some Leonard Floyd and I agree. Best pass rusher in the draft. Speed kills!http://clips9.com/files/2016/02/voch-lombardis-film-sessi/TWP20SgzdUg.html

if hes the best passrusher in the draft then why did his production in college not show that?im not interested in that guy on our team at all

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give me Ogbah over Floyd all day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

if hes the best passrusher in the draft then why did his production in college not show that?im not interested in that guy on our team at all

Floyd wasn't asked to rush all the time as a LB. Dude was covering slot receivers on plays. Ogbah has terrible technique and average athleticism.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m a big fan of Sheldon Day. One of the few Dlineman I like this year

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't agree with all of this guy's (whoever the fuck he is) evals, but I am a fan of Floyd. As his breakdowns point out, he was asked to play a lot of Mike and way off ball similar to a "joker" role. He should be a Sam that rushes predominantly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem with Floyd is his thin frame. If he had shoulders like Simeon Rice he would be a top 10 player. But the questions about his ability to adapt to NFL level football remain. Is he strong enough to fight off NFL blockers? Can he add weight to his frame?Can he be a 4-3 DE? Georgia tried him at OLB and he was terrible. He is a long term project for a 3-4 team. Or maybe he is just a situational pass rusher who comes in on 40% of the plays like Justin Houston. There is a chance that he could be very Justin Houston like.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem with Floyd is his thin frame. If he had shoulders like Simeon Rice he would be a top 10 player. But the questions about his ability to adapt to NFL level football remain. Is he strong enough to fight off NFL blockers? Can he add weight to his frame?Can he be a 4-3 DE? Georgia tried him at OLB and he was terrible. He is a long term project for a 3-4 team. Or maybe he is just a situational pass rusher who comes in on 40% of the plays like Justin Houston. There is a chance that he could be very Justin Houston like.

exactlyhe isnt a good fit for us because of his size. he could turn into a great 3-4 OLB but we dont have the time to invest in trying to develop him and hope he works out in 3 yearsim not a fan of spending a top 10 pick on a guy who is a project

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, good call on Houston. I was reading all the posts thinking to myself that the red board had similar comments about him leading into his draft. Not to say Floyd is going to do what Houston did, but the criticisms are similar leading up to the draft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This tape is essentially all I’ve seen of Ogbah, but holy hell that’s a huge nope. Give me Lawson/Dodd/Spence over this guy all day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a chance that he could be very Justin Houston like.

houston had about 40lbs and double the production of Floyd in college.  He definitely has a chance – but simply from their frames and their stats they are completely different players.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This tape is essentially all I've seen of Ogbah, but holy hell that's a huge nope. Give me Lawson/Dodd/Spence over this guy all day.

Ogbah is a curious prospect. He should be so much better because of his measurables. But he isn't. Was watching a few games of Tunsil the other day. Tunsil had a perfect game against Ogbah. He dominated him. He literally won every single play. Tunsil is a great measuring stick. This is what Ogbah is going to face in the pros and he had a really bad result. I would be scared of drafting him at No.9 because he is all potential at this point. Great measurables but not great on film.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is a chance that he could be very Justin Houston like.

houston had about 40lbs and double the production of Floyd in college.  He definitely has a chance - but simply from their frames and their stats they are completely different players.

Situational pass rushers. That's how they are similar. They are not every down players but very good when they are rushing the passer.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you’re right. Floyd could start of as a situational pass rusher. Pack on a few pounds and play more downs. One concern is he’s already 23 years old.As one scout points out. He can quickly cover 5 yards in just 3 steps, which is rare.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you're right. Floyd could start of as a situational pass rusher. Pack on a few pounds and play more downs. One concern is he's already 23 years old.As one scout points out. He can quickly cover 5 yards in just 3 steps, which is rare.

my issue with Floyd is that i dont think he can carry enough weight to be anything more than a situational guyweve already got a player like him on this roster and his name is Jaquies Smith. we didnt spend a top 10 pick to get himpass

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jaq Smith is just another guy, an UDFA. Floyd is a first round talent for sure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t see Floyd as the BPA at 9…  39?  sure.Need an immediate impact guy there... not a two year project.Ogbah is closer

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't see Floyd as the BPA at 9...  39?  sure.Need an immediate impact guy there... not a two year project.Ogbah is closer

Ogbah may have the measurable, but based on that tape his technique is God awful, and for guys with poor technique you at least hope to see a high motor and I didn't even see that. I would be pissed if we took him at 9.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yuck. Would not like Floyd at all. Impressive speed but is allergic to contact and loses at the POA constantly. If you want a gangly pass rusher who has nothing but speed, just draft Alex McCallister in the 4th.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Floyd wasn't asked to rush all the time as a LB. Dude was covering slot receivers on plays. Ogbah has terrible technique and average athleticism.

Ogbah is not an average athlete...He as the best athlete among defensive ends tested at the combine.  He is the ONLY defensive end with two years of double digit sacks.  All the other guys touted are one year wonders.  Ogbah is still learning and is a very good prospect.  Just let Hayes work with him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

My point above was is we’re taking a project at nine, Ogbah is the best project – well beyond Floyd.Everything about the young man screams talent and he's physically ready now.  Get him some NFL coaching and a couple off seasons - he'll be a beast.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The important part here is he’s a guy with speed AND moves. Rips back inside with the best of them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

the problem is the “best” athlete of this group doesn’t mean as much. None of these guys are very special (at least in terms of being picked 9th):http://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/edge/

• Anonymous

Inactive

You may be right. None of these guys feel like good value at 9. I could see Licht picking VH3 at 9 and then letting the draft come to him with the best D lineman at 39.

• ronknight99

Participant

ogbah who doesn’t play every snap better than floyd who played every snap you not watching the tape

• Anonymous

Inactive

ogbah who doesn't play every snap better than floyd who played every snap you not watching the tape

I have watched the tape. I'll take Ogbah who has the tools AND the production to back it up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

ogbah who doesn't play every snap better than floyd who played every snap you not watching the tape

I have watched the tape. I'll take Ogbah who has the tools AND the production to back it up.

I'll pass on both.  Floyd is a 3-4 olb, and Ogbah can't bend for shit.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If youre looking for pass rush, Floyd is a good place to find it. His run def is suspect.If Licht and Smith think they could find a place to use him to the best of his ability, Im fine with that. 9 might be high, but his pass rush potential is sky high. The kid may be thin, but he's lightning fast and bends like a rubber band.

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are getting too caught up in traditional positions. What are you stuck in the 90’s? Pete Carroll found a place for Kam Chancellor (the best hybrid s/lb in the league) and Bruce Irvin (LEO as he calls it). Look at Anthony Barr in Minny or Von in Denver’s 4-3(ish) days. Players with talent will find a place in hybrid defenses.

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are getting too caught up in traditional positions. What are you stuck in the 90's? Pete Carroll found a place for Kam Chancellor (the best hybrid s/lb in the league) and Bruce Irvin (LEO as he calls it). Look at Anthony Barr in Minny or Von in Denver's 4-3(ish) days. Players with talent will find a place in hybrid defenses.

maybe but its still reaching. Barr isnt a bad comparison but even barr was 10lbs heavier while being an inch smaller. and Miller was even more althetic and explosive then Floyd and it showed in the combine, had way more production on stats and film in college, and was over 10 lbs heavier while being 3 inches smaller.

• Anonymous

Inactive

People are getting too caught up in traditional positions. What are you stuck in the 90's? Pete Carroll found a place for Kam Chancellor (the best hybrid s/lb in the league) and Bruce Irvin (LEO as he calls it). Look at Anthony Barr in Minny or Von in Denver's 4-3(ish) days. Players with talent will find a place in hybrid defenses.

maybe but its still reaching. Barr isnt a bad comparison but even barr was 10lbs heavier while being an inch smaller. and Miller was even more althetic and explosive then Floyd and it showed in the combine, had way more production on stats and film in college, and was over 10 lbs heavier while being 3 inches smaller.

Plus guys like Mark Barron. Lovie had no use for him but Jeff Fisher made him a force.Lowlife makes a good point. Mike Smith may be able to find ways to maximize the speed and lean of a guy like Floyd. Hey, Simeon was known for being a liability against the run as well. It's a passing league now. Floyd has the burst that this team so desperately needs off the edge. I can't take another season of watching QBs complete 3rd and long back there.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This tape is essentially all I've seen of Ogbah, but holy hell that's a huge nope. Give me Lawson/Dodd/Spence over this guy all day.

Ogbah is a curious prospect. He should be so much better because of his measurables. But he isn't. Was watching a few games of Tunsil the other day. Tunsil had a perfect game against Ogbah. He dominated him. He literally won every single play. Tunsil is a great measuring stick. This is what Ogbah is going to face in the pros and he had a really bad result. I would be scared of drafting him at No.9 because he is all potential at this point. Great measurables but not great on film.

Le'Raven Clark owned Ogbah in the TTU vs OKST game also..... I saw only 1 or 2 times Ogbah had him and actually made a play on the ball carrier those were early on and after 4-5 yards down field. By the end of the game Ogbah looked tired over a whole game as I watched the whole game video too. During the 3rd Quarter OKST moved him to the Right side and Ogbah did a little better but you could tell he had been mauled by Clark and was worked.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d__9tB1TTLk

• Anonymous

Inactive

Le'Raven Clark owned Ogbah in the TTU vs OKST game also..... I saw only 1 or 2 times Ogbah had him and actually made a play on the ball carrier those were early on and after 4-5 yards down field. By the end of the game Ogbah looked tired over a whole game as I watched the whole game video too. During the 3rd Quarter OKST moved him to the Right side and Ogbah did a little better but you could tell he had been mauled by Clark and was worked.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d__9tB1TTLk

Ogbah was not good against NFL level talent but at least he dominated the weaklings on his schedule.I think he is a 2nd rounder. A bit of a project.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wasn't comparing the players just illustrating the point I make in the last line.Miller and Floyd are not comparable. As they shouldn't be. Von was the second overall pick in a very strong draft and the best edge rusher in the game. Should have went first but y'know, Cam.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.