Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 95 reply threads

• Author

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Get his vanilla ass offense out of town and take the shittiest defense in the league with him

• Reverend fabio

Participant

Koetter is not the right fit for the this team.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Yeah. I’m fucking sick and tired of seeing Koetter airmailing open receivers. I’m sick of seeing Koetter throw behind them and unable to lead them. I’m totally over Koetter, Koetter, Koetter, Koetter, and Koetter not being able to open decent running lanes for Koetter. I’m sick of Koetter dropping passes too.

And I swear to fucking God, if Koetter misses one more kick, I’m done.

• Jed

Participant

Maybe the players should kneel if the Cardinals are on the schedule next season.

• Hey Hey Tampa Bay

Participant

Winston, an affirmative action QB, is the anchor that will drown Koetter.

I just wanted to remind everyone I said this when he was drafted.

• htownbucfan03

Participant

Hey Hey Tampa Bay
        Oct 15, 17 at 5:41 pm #1032907

I just wanted to remind everyone I said this when he was drafted.

And these are the feelings people really have about JW nothing to do about talent or missing open receivers but him being an “affirmative action” QB so this is y I can’t take most ppl here serious. But ppl say ignore this dumb sh!t but he will b here long after this coach.

• harrybucman

Participant

In another thread, that good ole boy Jed, had the nerve to post. “And now here is Jessie Jackson. Can we please stop with the race thing. Let’s stick to the facts and play of the QB.” It shouldn’t be in 2017 but the race thing (affirmative action QB) is a fact jack. If you can’t see it or won’t admit it, you’re probably of that crimson neck persuasion.

• britbuc14

Participant

The benefit of firing the HC is that a new guy will bring in his own staff and players so this shit storm can end

• Ramonb

Participant

I’m starting to wonder if Winston will ever “turn the corner” it seems like we will be perpetually waiting for this. The most important thing a QB can do is complete a pass, and Winston’s accuracy isn’t up to today’s standards. Furthermore, accuracy isn’t something you can teach, either you have it or you don’t. With that being said, Winston’s intermediate game is awesome, why not just emphasize that?

• SunnyD

Participant

lol…what the actual fuck…Winston threw 10 passes

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs fans suck -“Winston an AA QB”

Nothing better than anonymous red neck

• Hey Hey Tampa Bay

Participant

Yee Haw! Winston was handed the starting job just like Freeman. And Buc fans suffer but are too stupid to realize. Freeman 2.0.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Should have been down by 8 when Evans caught the last td. Just a vlusterfuck from coaching today

• Crazy Legs

Participant

How is ANYONE blaming today’s loss on Winston. He barely played. The same can be said for the defense.

Certified Redboard GM
      Mediocrity is the sincerest form of Imitation that greatness can pay to flattery

• SunnyD

Participant

What in the actual fuck?

Winston basically didn’t play today and we are blaming this loss on him?

Are some of these responses for real?

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Defense sucked, coaching decisions sucked. Our coaches aren’t good enough,

• RudeGuy

Participant

GoldonAges
      Oct 15, 17 at 7:17 pm #1032969
      How is ANYONE blaming today’s loss on Winston. He barely played. The same can be said for the defense.

My guess is by what he did when he was in there. Not much. Let’s hope he learned something by watching the 2nd half.

• RudeGuy

Participant

SunnyD
      Oct 15, 17 at 7:23 pm #1032974
      lol…what the actual fuck…Winston threw 10 passes

One was another deep ball miss to Evans. Those are starting to pile up.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

They’ve been piled up, its overflowing at this point.

• SunnyD

Participant

Yep, deep ball isn’t his strength.

How did he lose the game for the Bucs today?

I’m actually dying to know

• SunnyD

Participant

That deep ball cost us the game huh boys?

• SunnyD

Participant

Dude played 1 quarter maybe 1.5…you people are insane

• SunnyD

Participant

• Buc on the Move

Participant

How many points did we have when he left the game?

No one is blaming the whole loss on him, but if he leads point scoring drives while he is in, to start a game strong, everything is different.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Britbuc14
      Oct 15, 17 at 5:46 pm #1032911
      The benefit of firing the HC is that a new guy will bring in his own staff and players so this shit storm can end

—————–
      Team has 4 head coaches in 8 seasons……

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

What an awful game to be at. Koetter’s job is to ensure the team is ready to play and obviously we weren’t even close the entire first half. Arians owned us and that is on the HC. He got completely out coached and we are entitled to an explanation

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

What an awful game to be at. Koetter’s job is to ensure the team is ready to play and obviously we weren’t even close the entire first half. Arians owned us and that is on the HC. He got completely out coached and we are entitled to an explanation

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Had an extra 4 days to prepare and we were terrible in q1&2…. this thread is to blame koetter, not Winston….show me one game plan this year that has been solid in terms of attacking a defense’s weakness and magnifying our strengths… you cant

• harrybucman

Participant

King Koetter, as Donkey man calls him, said the first half was the worst football he has ever seen. Well that was your team playing the worst football you’ve ever seen.
        There is plenty of talent on this team, but they are not playing like it. That falls solely on the shoulders of the HC. There is a legitimate reason why Atlanta didn’t take the next step forward until those 2 clowns got run out of town.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@harrybucman

King Koetter, as Donkey man calls him, said the first half was the worst football he has ever seen. Well that was your team playing the worst football you’ve ever seen.
      There is plenty of talent on this team, but they are not playing like it. That falls solely on the shoulders of the HC. There is a legitimate reason why Atlanta didn’t take the next step forward until those 2 clowns got run out of town.

Ahh…yes. Our often banned, race baiting, waste of space arrives!

Yes, this was the worst game I’ve ever seen under Koetter’s tenure as HC. Worst one in recent memory was our prime time game against ATL when Lovie was our HC. Remind me who the Falcon’s OC was that season? Or maybe the one against Baltimore. Or maybe the prime time game in his last season where he was more concerned about player’s language than the gameplan.

At the end of the day, Mike Smith has to go. We watched this outdated scheme get ripped apart for 4 straight years now. They played well enough to win last week, and that loss falls on Winston and the offense; but yesterday was solely on the defense and its scheme.

If Koetter isn’t willing to make a change, then Smith will ultimately be his anchor.

• harrybucman

Participant

Donkey man said
        Yes, this was the worst game I’ve ever seen under Koetter’s tenure as HC. Worst one in recent memory was our prime time game against ATL when Lovie was our HC. Remind me who the Falcon’s OC was that season? Or maybe the one against Baltimore. Or maybe the prime time game in his last season where he was more concerned about player’s language than the gameplan.
        Your recent memory is quite poor. Remember that 40-7 lost to Aarizona last year. Your are a master deflector. News flash— Lovie is gone. King Koetter has been your husband for quite a while now and I knew you’d blame others & defend your man till death do you part, but with the talent on this team he is grossly underachieving. Before he was hired I told you he was charmin soft and now it’s showing up. That bitch doesn’t have what it takes to motivate grown men. Fire Queen Koetter.

• JC5100

Participant

He doesn’t deserved to be fired, it’s a stupid idea and SR needs to stop feeding into it.

But at this point he has to give Monken play calling duties.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

While I’m not opposed to it, he really doesn’t need to.

At some point, the players need to execute.

• JC5100

Participant

Execute what? Non stop runs on 2nd and 10? His play calling has taken a severe nose dive since he became HC.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@JC5100

Execute what? Non stop runs on 2nd and 10?

Non stop?

First possession we ran on 2nd down and picked up 4 yards.
      Same drive we threw on 2nd down and picked up 7 yards.

Next possession we passed on 2nd down and picked up 15 yards.
      Same drive we run on 2nd down and pick up 2 yards.

Next possession we throw on 2nd down for no gain.

Next possession we run on 2nd down for 4 yards.
      Same drive we run on 2nd down for 8 yards.
      Same drive we go end around on 2nd down for 4 yards.
      Same drive we go pass, but scramble out for 2 yards.

That’s your first half. I’d hardly call that “non stop”.

• BucD

Participant

I’m not so sure about the “fire Koetter” stuff just yet, but here’s another game where they look unprepared to compete. For most of the game, they looked flat and completely out of it.

What. The. Fuck!? Seriously, how does this happen in the NFL??? How many times has it been the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who’s been guilty of this look?

Is there something in the water? Is it just looked at as a vacation destination? Is it the (lol) Gruden curse?

Thank goodness we have another team in the area that actually plays and competes like a pro team.

I mean, even if the Bucs could somehow turn things around, they simply aren’t good enough. Maybe offensively they could do some things, but defensively we have our linebackers and Gerald McCoy. That’s it. The coaches can’t adjust for shit. Although, to their credit, we finally had seen some defensive adjustments as they started playing press-man and my god it was working! Crazy how adjusting can work! Lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Calling to fire the guy is absurd and why fans are not GMs, but the team did come out flat and that is on the coaches – HC and DC.

He needs to get things turned around

• warrenfb12

Participant

Not time to fire Koetter. That said, I think it would be wise to let Monken have a try at taking over play calling duties. I’m not saying he is a bad playcaller, but there is clearly some disconnect preparing his team. That may be where Koetter should be focusing his energy. I don’t understand how this team looks so bad early in games. Frankly, if it wasn’t for a fluke fumble on a punt against Chicago, this team could be 1-4.

• cheveliar

Participant

While not calling for Koetter’s head, that was a pretty damning report PR just filed. Gruden waiting in the wings? Not with the venom of the Lovie Smith articles, but with the same outcome. Another coach fired after two years? Really? But the Glazers know what they are doing? We damn sure trust them, not! They nipped the problem of the last three Coaches early? Is there a problem with Dirk already? We running him out of town now? Gesh, I said it when they fired Lovie and I’m saying it again sick and tired of the coach carousel!!!!!!! That’s, quite frankly, the last article I expected from you guys!!!!!

No optimism, no I got the QB’s back, No I’ve got the Coaches back, just it’s that time again and the replacement is right in town? Hey I thought we should have never fired Gru. His replacements have sucked until now, and yall running this guy outta town now as well with 10 games to go….

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Harrybucman

Your are a master deflector. News flash— Lovie is gone. King Koetter has been your husband for quite a while now and I knew you’d blame others & defend your man till death do you part, but with the talent on this team he is grossly underachieving. Before he was hired I told you he was charmin soft and now it’s showing up. That bitch doesn’t have what it takes to motivate grown men. Fire Queen Koetter.

Coming from the guy who said he’d laugh his ass off at us as Lovie took us to the playoffs. Weird, how you’ve been non-existent on these boards until after blowout style loss; outside of your usual race baiting.

Might want to ease off the gas you weak cocksucker, as you might end up getting the ban hammer YET again.

By the way, SOLID job your boy is doing in Illinois. Dead last in the conference. 5-14 record as head coach. Good stuff.

• harrybucman

Participant

Might want to ease off the gas you weak cocksucker, as you might end up getting the ban hammer YET again.
        Got banned because you constantly went to PR and screamed like a little bitch every time I hurt your little sensitive feeling. Check your record, you mention male body parts and sexual activities between men more than anyone on this board. What’s up with that!!! Everybody else is coming out of the closet. Maybe if you come out you wouldn’t have all those estrogen fueled emotion swings. Again Lovie is gone, so lets deal with what it takes to improve the current team. Man up little girly boy!!!

• freddy

Participant

Calling for Koetter to be fired, or even implying it right now is just stupid and poor journalism. Like I said in the other thread, click bait. There are problems that’s for sure, but Koetter is clearly the best coach we have had since winning the SB and despite a few setbacks, and some things he does need to correct, he is far from being fired.

Some of the players on the other hand, they could use a good benching. Maybe it will help them regain focus.

• JC5100

Participant

Donkey, Bucs had 9 2nd and 10s yesterday, he ran on 6 of them. I’ll look at the rest of the games later but I know it’s way out of whack toward runs. It’s a passive approach that’s leading to punts and field goals. This offense has more than enough personnel to complete 10+ yard passes, I don’t know what he’s afraid of.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@JC5100

Donkey, Bucs had 9 2nd and 10s yesterday, he ran on 6 of them. I’ll look at the rest of the games later but I know it’s way out of whack toward runs. It’s a passive approach that’s leading to punts and field goals. This offense has more than enough personnel to complete 10+ yard passes, I don’t know what he’s afraid of.

I could be wrong, but I just listed 4 that were pass plays and they were all in the 1st half. Now, like I said, they might not have been 2nd and 10, but I’m pretty sure they were what could be considered “2nd and Long”. If I’m wrong, then I’ll own it.

However, your “non stop” claim is a bit over-exaggerated.

I will agree that this offense has more than enough personnel to complete 10+ yard passes, but it’s not on Koetter. This has been shown time and time again. The offense has to execute. Koetter has drawn up plays where there are receivers open. It’s up to the QB to (1) make the right read and (2) deliver a catchable ball.

• Biggs3535

Participant

JC5100
      Oct 16, 17 at 10:34 am #1033365

Donkey, Bucs had 9 2nd and 10s yesterday, he ran on 6 of them. I’ll look at the rest of the games later but I know it’s way out of whack toward runs.

Just out of curiosity, how many times should you run on 2nd and long? 5/9? 4/9? 3/9? 2/9? What?

I’m not sure why some people expect the run/pass ratio to be 50/50 on every down of every situation. It doesn’t work that way.

• Hey Hey Tampa Bay

Participant

Hello???

This was the exact problem with Freeman. Missing on first down throws putting us behind the chains.

In fact running on 2nd and 10 is a good call in my book. Defense will be looking pass.

Hitting a high percentage of first down passes is critical to keeping defenses off balance. We need a QB who can do that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs came out totally flat, I wondered if they even practiced. That is on the head coach for not having his team prepared to play. Koetter had a week and a half to prepare his men for the Cardinals. Coach gets the blame period!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Harrybucman

Got banned because you constantly went to PR and screamed like a little bitch every time I hurt your little sensitive feeling. Check your record, you mention male body parts and sexual activities between men more than anyone on this board. What’s up with that!!! Everybody else is coming out of the closet. Maybe if you come out you wouldn’t have all those estrogen fueled emotion swings. Again Lovie is gone, so lets deal with what it takes to improve the current team. Man up little girly boy!!!

Nah, Harriet. You got the ban hammer for being the Al Sharpton of these boards. Running around trying to make everything race related. All one has to do is check your post history. It’s well documented. No need to cry to PR about anything. It was on display for everyone to see.

Now, go back to the Illinois message boards and pass around the swear jar, since Lovie is most likely taking a nap right now.

If you actually contributed anything football related, people might actually give a shit about your take. But, as it stands (and always has), you’re the equivalent of the board’s personal punching bag. Funny thing is, nobody breaks a sweat kicking your dick in the dirt. Much like real life.

• harrybucman

Participant

There you go with that male body parts thing again. That kind of fixation aint normal homey. There is hope for you though!!! There is now hormone therapy available for your sexual identity confusion And you of all people should know I’m more than secure enough in who I am to care or need anybody to approve of or take serious what I choose to post. This is still Merica right?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Skipper

The Bucs came out totally flat, I wondered if they even practiced. That is on the head coach for not having his team prepared to play. Koetter had a week and a half to prepare his men for the Cardinals. Coach gets the blame period!

No doubt about it. 10 days off and this is how they come out. Unprepared, flat, and uninspired football.

I’m actually surprised there hasn’t been any rumors of Smith losing his job. I figure he’s be the first to fall. Hopefully, Koetter is willing to do what’s necessary.

• Havok904

Participant

Koetter’s got another year unless the team totally collapses.

We’re only into the 2nd quarter of the schedule.

I for one got a bit pissed yesterday, but you have to let it play out.

If Smith and Koetter get canned, that would be the third time they got axed by the same team.

Maybe Licht should have nixed the Smith hire, Jim Schwartz was out there I think.

Smith’s defense is so easy to scheme against. No blitzes and vanilla coverages

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Koetter’s playcalling is the LEAST of our problems. Mike Smith is hands down the biggest liability on this team. And, if Koetter can’t see that and address it, then that’s on him and he needs to understand that he’ll go down with him.

• harrybucman

Participant

Donkey man Jackass or who ever it is says “Koetter’s playcalling is the LEAST of our problems. Mike Smith is hands down the biggest liability on this team. And, if Koetter can’t see that and address it, then that’s on him and he needs to understand that he’ll go down with him.”
        But isn’t the HC responsible for everything the happens on the field? Yes Smith is a liability, but this is the 3rd year King Koetter has had complete control of this offense. So has to be held responsible for why it’s not operating like a well-oiled machine with all the talent at OBP. His scheme sucks in the worst way. I want this team to win so badly, but your great King has until the end of this year to turn things around or he has to go.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Jcaulfield8
      Oct 15, 17 at 7:56 pm #1033017
      Had an extra 4 days to prepare and we were terrible in q1&2…. this thread is to blame koetter, not Winston….show me one game plan this year that has been solid in terms of attacking a defense’s weakness and magnifying our strengths… you cant

—————-

Patriots game.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

71 percent of completion percentage against our secondary. 1 sack between Spence Ayers and Gholston. This is where we are failing as a team first and foremost.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Harrybucman

But isn’t the HC responsible for everything the happens on the field? Yes Smith is a liability, but this is the 3rd year King Koetter has had complete control of this offense. So has to be held responsible for why it’s not operating like a well-oiled machine with all the talent at OBP. His scheme sucks in the worst way. I want this team to win so badly, but your great King has until the end of this year to turn things around or he has to go.

Yes, the HC is responsible for everything going on. In regard to the offense, perhaps you should read some of the breakdown provided by @nobody.

What else would you like Kotter to do? His scheme isn’t the issue.

Koetter isn’t airmailing Koetter when he’s beat coverage. Koetter isn’t throwing behind Koetter on out routes and slants. Koetter isn’t dropping passes from Koetter. Koetter isn’t making bad reads and not going through progressions. Koetter isn’t staring down Koetter and forcing the ball to Koetter, while Koetter and Koetter are open underneath relatively wide open for possible huge YAC.

The plays are there. The routes are there. The open options are there. This has been PROVEN.

• Timbuc2

Participant

DonkeyHunter
      Oct 15, 17 at 5:35 pm #1032902
      Yeah. I’m fucking sick and tired of seeing Koetter airmailing open receivers. I’m sick of seeing Koetter throw behind them and unable to lead them. I’m totally over Koetter, Koetter, Koetter, Koetter, and Koetter not being able to open decent running lanes for Koetter. I’m sick of Koetter dropping passes too.

And I swear to fucking God, if Koetter misses one more kick, I’m done.

Come on dude, you could say the same thing about Lovie Smith or any other coach who has gotten fired. Sure, they are not out on the field, but a team usually takes on the personality of its coach. Koetter is responsible for this entire team point blank! If there are problems, it’s his job to fix it period!

• jcaulfield8

Participant

while we should have won the pats game, we were by no means superior in the game planning aspect of it. their crappy d shut down our “high powered offense” because we were unable to adjust play calling to take advantage of their weaknesses in their secondary. Yes we missed some throws, but why call plays that requires our qb to make throws he can’t connect on?
      Poor coaching, poor game planning and absolutely shocking execution.
      We are a bad team from the top down

• Timbuc2

Participant

Hey Hey Tampa Bay
      Oct 15, 17 at 5:41 pm #1032907

Plenty of White QBs in the NFL that stinks worst than Winston and you come with this?

Let me guess, part of the base correct? Not hard to tell at all! What an asswipe!

• Hey Hey Tampa Bay

Participant

Definitely not part of the base. If you mean the Republican base. I agree with Kaepernick et al. Every day black folk get screwed in this country. Any of the puss fans who are upset with the disrespect or whatever don’t know what’s its like to sweat your kids getting mowed down by the police or shot in the back like the guy in south carolina. I expect our police and government to make policies to benefit the poor in this country and not the 1% or .1%. We need to keep people out of jail and have jobs manufacturing shit in America with world comparable health and costs and retirement security; but not install them as QB.
        Which is apparently where your racism issue radar seems concerned.

Yeah Winston was the second best QB on the team but given the job(Affirmative Action). Let’s just not ignore the fact that the nfl wanted more black coaches and qb’s hence the merry go round of qb’s and coaches since gruden and johnson departed. Not to mention dungy shitcanning an experienced dilfer and putting rookie qb instead. That was a downgrade no matter how bad dilfer was. I used to call him dildo. I think he still has nightmares about leroy butler. regardless he was better and suffered through years of crappy teammates. they finally got a running game and defense to make it easier and gave him the heave ho.

Hey I became a buc fan watching doug williams. But he was truly one of the best at the time. Winston sucks.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

I am starting to think it’s Winston and not Koetter. We watched Fitzpatrick move the ball and hit open players. While you have Winston missing open players and scared to take off when he can. Give Fitzpatrick the start let Winston watch and learn.

• cheveliar

Participant

We let go a proven pass rusher in J. Smith people just took that for granted. What gives?

• harrybucman

Participant

Donkey man says
        Koetter isn’t airmailing Koetter when he’s beat coverage. Koetter isn’t throwing behind Koetter on out routes and slants. Koetter isn’t dropping passes from Koetter. Koetter isn’t making bad reads and not going through progressions. Koetter isn’t staring down Koetter and forcing the ball to Koetter, while Koetter and Koetter are open underneath relatively wide open for possible huge YAC.
        Stand by your man like a faithul bitch should and play the me blame game all you want. According to your slow reasoning–the biggest problem on the offense is JW and the biggest problem of D is Smith. King Koetter, as you alone labeled him, is the HC and everything that happens on the field falls on his shoulders. If JW is the issue on the offense–bench his ass. If Smith is the issue on defense demote his ass. The HC gets paid to produce on Sundays. That’s the bottom line little girly boy.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Cheveliar
      Oct 16, 17 at 1:31 pm #1033435
      We let go a proven pass rusher in J. Smith people just took that for granted. What gives?

—————

Damaged goods.

• cheveliar

Participant

@The Anti-Java
      Damaged goods.

Really? Did you see us rushing the passer Sunday? I’m just guessing on a bum knee he couldn’t have been any worst? As I say all the time, I’m 52 with two bad knees and a bad back and I could have done better. Me and Uncle Stan both!!!

• tog

Participant

This is a stupid thread.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Timbuc2

Koetter is responsible for this entire team point blank! If there are problems, it’s his job to fix it period!

Okay. So, what do you suggest? Switching to a quick read, one option, quick throw offense? That would REALLY play to Winston’s strengths wouldn’t it!

Or, let’s run a watered down version of a WC offense. So, now we’d need Winston to magically be capable of hitting quick read passes, lead receivers on slants, have him be able to QUICKLY read defenses and have him process the right read quicker than they are asking him too now. On top of that, Sims would be more heavily involved (great idea there), our line would have to be more athletic and mobile, etc.

Aside from running Martin and Rodgers 50+ times a game, what would you like Koetter to do in regard to changing his scheme? I mean, he’s already calling plays that are giving Winston open reads that he’s simply ignoring. Going into his 3rd year, do we need to dumb this offense down even more than it already has been?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@Harrybucman

The HC gets paid to produce on Sundays. That’s the bottom line little girly boy.

Yep. He produced more in 16 games than your homeboy produced in 2 years. Was in playoff contention his rookie year. Your bro spent Sunday afternoons taking naps and robbing the franchise to make sure his inept kids had jobs.

Go back to making sure the Rooney Rule is enforced around the league and watching replays of Rutgers kicking your ass this past weekend.

Here’s a $20 for the swear jar, you fucking race baiting jackoff.

• harrybucman

Participant

Donkey says “Yep. He produced more in 16 games than your homeboy produced in 2 years. Was in playoff contention his rookie year. Your bro spent Sunday afternoons taking naps and robbing the franchise to make sure his inept kids had jobs. ”

Ding, ding, NEWSFLASH —Lovie is long gone. His perceived shortcomings have no relevance to the performance of this team. You can ride that dead donkey ( I mean horse ) as long as you want to. But it won’t take you anywhere relevant. So Let it Go!!!
        This is Koetter’s team now and it’s time for him to put a competitive team on the field. Whatever that takes. Nobody is exempt–whatever it takes–just do it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This loss has brought out the worst in (pseudo) Buc fans

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@CrownlessKing

This loss has brought out the worst in (pseudo) Buc fans

It’s amazing to see such increased traffic from “new” profiles and other clowns who haven’t really posted since the last jackass regime.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought the Harrybuc guy was banned before for race baiting? He’s back?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@CrownlessKing

I thought the Harrybuc guy was banned before for race baiting? He’s back?

Like the drunk guy at the bar talking trash, that proceeds to get his kicked, then comes back still talking. That’s him.

P.S. He still gets his ass kicked again.

• freddy

Participant

@Crownless – Apparently with the latest board updates, all previous bans were deleted. Also, there appears to no longer be any moderation. The PR forums are now a free for all.

• Madman

Participant

Just read about players and coaches partying at bars, watching college football the day/night before the game. Great idea, coach. Treat this game like a vacation. No wonder they looked like clowns out there. Did Raheem give you that idea?

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Link?

• Madman

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

@madman

Link?

Have to see more to believe that

• Madman

Participant

Obviously TJ thought something wasn’t right about it. A veteran from a winning program who knows what it’s supposed to look like.

• Anonymous

Inactive

How did that article become this:

“Just read about players and coaches partying at bars, watching college football the day/night before the game. Great idea, coach. Treat this game like a vacation. No wonder they looked like clowns out there. Did Raheem give you that idea?”

• Madman

Participant

Yes, Joe saw first-hand various Buccaneers enjoying themselves on the Saturday before the game and learned of players gorging on massive quantities of bar-type food while holed up watching college football on Saturday afternoon. Joe also saw a Bucs coach at a bar the night before the game.

“We’re on a West Coast trip, we came a day early. Sometimes, we’ve got a young team. Guys think they’re on vacation,” Ward said. “We have to get more of a business mind-set. We’re only here to do one thing and one thing only. We got a little ahead of ourselves coming out here and we didn’t do our jobs today.”

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Joe was clearly referring to last year, wasn’t he?

• Madman

Participant

@DonkeyHunter

I think you’re right. My bad. Sounds like it was last year that this happened with the VJax reference. TJ still didn’t like what he saw out there but the partying Joe saw was last year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even last year it’s not about players partying at bars and not the coaches idea, unless you mean the extra day. Also, joe is saying that last year he “heard” about players “holed-up”

So, last year he heard about a bunch of guys who hung out in their hotel room watching college football?

What was the next story on JBF?

• ISLAND BUCS

Participant

Joe was in Arizona last year NOT this year.

Joe didn’t see anything this year.

Joe took his last year experience to apply it to Ward’s statement this year.

The conclusion may or may not be right.

Ward is used to the Denver more serious approach to winning.

No one can doubt that the Bucs were lacking in Arizona last year and again this year.

Most teams fly in on Sat and play on Sunday.

Maybe getting to the visiting city on Fri like the Bucs do for west coast road game, is not the best overall.

Remain intimately at the heart of experience.

• tog

Participant

Joe is an idiot.

• Havok904

Participant

Cheveliar
      ——-
      you’re kidding right?

• Havok904

Participant

Joe is desperate for clicks.

• cheveliar

Participant

No I’m not kidding.

• Havok904

Participant

Havok904
      Oct 18, 17 at 7:08 pm #1034107

Cheveliar
      ——-
      you’re kidding right?

cheveliar

Oct 19, 17 at 9:24 am #1034176

No I’m not kidding.
      ====================

LoL…er…ok

• jcaulfield8

Participant

largest bump ever

• Mic

Participant

So much went wrong with this team and it was fueled by the media and fans, thinking we had a good defense with sufficient dlineman and the oline didn’t need any help.

The majority fell for it and believed in us being paper champs.

• warrenfb12

Participant

SR has a clear agenda. He is working to blow Koetter regime up in favor of Gruden. Too obvious.

• Swillyboy15

Participant

Agenda or not, there’s not a coach on this staff that should be retained for next year.

Koetter sucks with play calling. Gets too predictable and gets away from what’s working. I guess he doesn’t know that DeSean is faster than Hump or Chuck because with all those screens today, not a single one went to 11. Barber had about 50 rushing yards on one drive and when you get down there to hammer it in he goes to some awful 5 wide passes which is stupid when you’re that close to the endzone. The defenders are closer and throwing lanes are much tighter. Plus… you had 50 damn rushing yards on that drive! They couldn’t stop Barber. This has been ongoing most of this year. He can’t adjust to the defense’s adjustments.

As a HC he’s a terrible game manager. There’s been multiple situations each game where he handles the clock improperly.

He’s trying to call plays and manage the game but it’s hindering his ability to do either. He’s clearly not a multi tasker.

I don’t even need to bother with Mike Smith. We all know he should be gone.

• tog

Participant

@swillyboy15

Worse than being a bad playcaller/game manager is being a bad coach/leader. This doesn’t get discussed enough because the play calling is more obvious, but with playcalling you can hand that off (like to Monken). You can’t hand off coaching/leadership, and Koetter falls on his face here. From the Evans/Lattimore fiasco to poor player development he’s in over his head.

• Swillyboy15

Participant

@tog

You’re correct. I don’t think players have “quit” on him like they did Lovie but he’s not a leader of men like you need from your HC.

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Tog
      Dec 3, 17 at 8:12 pm #1045500

@swillyboy15

Worse than being a bad playcaller/game manager is being a bad coach/leader. This doesn’t get discussed enough because the play calling is more obvious, but with playcalling you can hand that off (like to Monken). You can’t hand off coaching/leadership, and Koetter falls on his face here. From the Evans/Lattimore fiasco to poor player development he’s in over his head.
      ======================

Disagree, as many probs as they have on both sides of the ball, the fellas are still playing hard. No one has packed it in. And you have to give the HC credit for that.

• tog

Participant

But “not quitting” isn’t the mark of a good leader. It just means you didn’t fail. It’s like the very minimum standard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Warrenfb12
      Dec 3, 17 at 7:40 pm #1045479
      SR has a clear agenda. He is working to blow Koetter regime up in favor of Gruden. Too obvious.

##################

I heard that SR paid Winston to fumble the ball, and also our longsnapper to whiff on his block.

GTFOH you flippin moron

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tog
      Dec 3, 17 at 8:31 pm #1045532
      But “not quitting” isn’t the mark of a good leader. It just means you didn’t fail. It’s like the very minimum standard.

########

Honest question, did you ever play a sport at any meaningful level? I ask because keeping a team of self-interested professional from quitting during a season like this is a sign of a strong leader. Its very difficult to keep any locker room from quitting when things go south, let a lone a locker room of NFL players.

As AJ posted, Koetter definitely deserves credit for at least that much

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I’m not even saying I necessarily am in favor of firing Koetter, but too many on here defend him in the eye of obvious mistakes. Without a Defense it’s tough to rate the rest of the team, coaches included. But when you mix in the OL problems, RB problems, QB injuries………someone has to suck the pipe.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• tog

Participant

Honest question, did you ever play a sport at any meaningful level? I ask because keeping a team of self-interested professional from quitting during a season like this is a sign of a strong leader. Its very difficult to keep any locker room from quitting when things go south, let a lone a locker room of NFL players.

As AJ posted, Koetter definitely deserves credit for at least that much
      =================

This is a joke.

These are professionals – these aren’t 15 year olds. This isn’t high school. Their very jobs and livelihoods depend on them playing well. Just like at any other job, plus having your performance broadcast across the nation weekly. It’s just as ridiculous as saying McCoy needs to give pre-game speeches to be a real leader. A team “quitting” is almost always a media narrative.

Perhaps you’re too used to watching the travesty that is the Bucs, but there are very few teams that quit.

Are the Broncos, Bears, Colts, Texans, Giants, Texans, 49ers and Browns players quitting? All those teams have a record as bad or worse than the Bucs. I dunno, maybe some Giants defenders?

• tog

Participant

^
      |
      |
      That came off as more sarcastic than I meant it to.

• Mic

Participant

Koetter just isnt a very good coach if he cant recognize his boy smith is the reason they suck.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@tog no worries. “losing the locker room” is hardly a foreign concept in the NFL. NFL players are tougher than 15 year old kids. A modestly competent coach can get 15 year old amateurs to run head first into walls. NFL players are the opposite. In many cases — especially when the HC is a new HC — the HC has to sell NFL players on the system, keep them buying-in etc. McAdoo is an example of a failed effort to keep players working but there are many examples.

In any event, if Koetter is fired he will probably look back on the Green Bay game in disgust. He called a great game and his players let him down. Winston’s fumble, Smith’s ridiculous block in the back, an unblocked man up the middle of the punt team . . .coaches only do so much

• tog

Participant

@Calcuttarain

There’s a difference between “losing the locker room” and “players quitting”. Koetter may have already lost the locker room, it’s hard to know until after he’s fired and the players tell all.

Selling players sure, every leader at every job has to do that. Even if you’re working with teenagers.

There’s a huge gulf between players not buying in and players quitting. Again, look at teams with similar or worse record to the Bucs and tell me how many of them are quitting?

It’s incredibly rare. And in cases where it happens, like Morris and maybe Mcadoo, there’s an abysmal failure of leadership. Mcadoo was apparently, per anonymous players mind you, lying to players, having to bench team leaders, and then’s there the Manning situation… That’s abnormal.

In large part because players are strongly incentivized to play well and give effort. They have short careers and publicly visible resumes every Sunday. Not quitting, even for a bad coach, is the norm. It’s not a leadership success, it’s simply NOT a leadership failure.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Weekly bump

• gobuxfla

Participant

Fire them all, Koetter, Smith, and Licht.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

weekly bump x4

Viewing 95 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Fire Koetter’ is closed to new replies.