Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• casren

Participant

OK, so I have held my tongue on this matter until now, but I think the Glazers need to fire Licht immediately. He has been awful at FA in the past, and there is no indication that this year is going to be any better. The only way he shouldn’t be fired is if the Glazers know that he has FA deals already in place and agreed to with several prized FA’s. Namely, there is absolutely no reason why we couldn’t/shouldn’t have deals in place for 2 CB’s and two Offensive linemen. And, only 1 of these 4 guys should be any kind of risky player. I’m OK with signing Shermen, as he has been amazing in the past… but the other three guys need to be in their mid-twenties, healthy, pro-bowl caliber players. We have a ton of cap space.

All I reading about is different FA’s meeting with different teams. As a long-time Bucs fan, who has gone to games and paid good money for the NFL package, Licht needs to understand just how bad this franchise has become. Nearly every game I attend, half the fans are gone by halftime. And, why wouldn’t they be? The product has been terrible. The fact that Licht has not been able to generate ANY buzz or ANY or Any FA visits is truly baffling. The only time we even hear about the BUCS in free agency is when we don’t trade for someone.

For the sake of selling tickets, Licht should be smart enough to at least be leaking information about who we are going after. There are rumors about so many other teams. This isn’t the freaking draft! There is ZERO reason to keep our FA intentions a secret, for the most part. Are we worried about hurting the feelings of players who shouldn’t be on the team anyway? Currently, we have no left guard. Whose feelings are we hurting if we announce that we are going after a guard? Currently, Marpet needs to move back to right guard? Are we worried about hurting Sweezy’s feelings? Worst case scenario, we don’t sign a center, and Sweezy at least knows he is under fire.

For a disappointed fanbase, the lack of noise is deafening.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Question…..How do mid twenties Pro Bowl players make it too free agency?

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

I have no idea… but there are currently 4 of them. Go check it out.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Andrew Norwell, G, Panthers

Ryan Jensen, C, Ravens

Malcolm Butler, CB, Patriots

Rashaan Melvin, CB, Colts

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Nope… in fact, I am advocating for the opposite of that… younger players who are guaranteed to start. Guys that just made the pro-bowl, or should have made the pro-bowl this year.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Other guys in this mold… young and on the rise:

Kyle Fuller, CB, Bears (transition-tagged) – why should we care if he is transition-tagged? All that means is that they have the right to match our offer. Why not make an offer?

Eric Reid, 49ers – The only reason he’s a FA is because he wanted in kneel during the anthem.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Perhaps you meant to say FORMER Pro Bowl players living on their reps.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

Yea, Firing our GM right before free agency would be the dumbest thing ever. Have some patience wait till after free agency and the draft. then if you still don’t like what he brought to this team, then bash him all you want.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

I could be wrong but I do not think Jenson has made a Pro Bowl?
      Same for Melvin.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Your mold is changing?

Eric Reid made the Pro Bowl 5 years ago.
      I do not think Fuller ever has.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

How do you know Jason isn’t planning of matching Kyle Fullers offer??? He is going to go get some free agents to help this team. He cant even contact the players agents until Monday.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

The Bills and Panthers had to do the same kind of thing last year. I’m not saying the entire staff should be fired… just Licht. Again… if he has deals lined up, then I will be so excited to be wrong about this. But, no deals are lined up right now, then the Glazers need to do something. Why wait? If he is whiffing on the FA’s we need, then those on the inside already know that. On the other hand, if he has locked up the FA’s we need, them again, I will be so happy that I am wrong.

What happens if we wake up on the 16th, and we haven’t signed at least 2 or 3 of these type guys?

Andrew Norwell, G, Panthers

Ryan Jensen, C, Ravens

Malcolm Butler, CB, Patriots

Rashaan Melvin, CB, Colts

Kyle Fuller, CB, Bears (transition-tagged) – why should we care if he is transition-tagged? All that means is that they have the right to match our offer. Why not make an offer?

Eric Reid, 49ers

Are we just going to say… “oh… darn it… I sure wish Licht would have gotten some top-tier talent”? My point is, he has or has not gotten these guys lined up and ready to sign. The Bucs haven’t played a game in months. All of these guys have essentially been available during this time. Licht, and other GM’s, definitely have been speaking with their agents. None of these guys are really surprises. At this point, there should be nothing secretive or surprising. He either has gotten it done or he hasn’t. If he hasn’t, it is time to throw a hail mary and let someone else take a shot.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

Yes… we can’t talk to players… but we can talk to their agents.

Please wait…

• spartan

Participant

No we cant

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

You put everything on Jason, a lot of the big decisions come from above him, say sayin.
      Ask Miko.

Call this number bro….1 (813) 879-2827

Please wait…

• Pepsi

Participant

“He has been awful at FA in the past, and there is no indication that this year is going to be any better.”

First of all, there no idication that hes going to FA signing crazy, or not sign anyway. There no indiciation of anything whatsoever because FA hasnt even started yet.

Second, you say “we cant talk to players, but we can talk to their agents”.. what in the history of this franchise make you think we should be hearing substantial and legitimate rumors between the Bucs and an agent before the FA legally starts? On the contrary, its been widely known that not much ever leaks from the Bucs camps. With the Bucs its usually quiet until the pen meets the paper.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Casren
      Mar 9, 18 at 2:34 pm #1066164
      Yes… we can’t talk to players… but we can talk to their agents.
      ==================

Not true, the legal tampering period starts March 12 and free agency starts Mar 14th.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

The only FA linked to a team right now is Norwell and the Giants. That’s it. and no Jason can NOT talk to players agents right now. That doesn’t start till Monday and that’s when all the “rumors” will start to come up.

Please wait…

• TBAtlas

Participant

Lol no.

Free agency hasn’t even started yet. Hard to “miss” on FA before then.

Please wait…

• Ft Myers Buc Fan

Participant

So much fail in this thread

Please wait…

• Soul Bro

Participant

While I want to have faith in Licht regarding free agency, I don’t either. For years he’s done a poor job signing players that can boost either line, and he’s failed to impress via trades. I’m not sure he’s not just a Director of Scouting.

Please wait…

• bucball1

Participant

Oh my god overrated an overpaid Mike Evans just robbed the Tampa bay buccaneers without a ski mask this will an go be sorry for a long time paper or plastic what kind of bags the fans need nfc Brown’s smh….

Please wait…

• Mark Alsott

Participant

Fire Licht?

Completely disagree.

Please wait…

• jpsmiley

Participant

Come on Carsen you can’t be serious! You want them to have contracts in place before the start of Free Agency and if you don’t hear that then Licht should be fired! Ha ha ha ha!!!! Most of the rumors you hear are from the agents trying to inflate their clients pay day because they want the most commission that they can get. Heck, even Gruden used the Bucs to get a better pay day from the Raiders! You guys kill me sometimes!

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

So… have you begun to notice that many teams are “tampering”? I’m telling you, it is the worst kept secret that from the end of the season onward agents get deals lined up for impending FA’s. Licht just stinks at it. I don’t how these deals get done, I’m just saying that deals are in place right now, even though FA “hasn’t started.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The commish will lower the boom if a team is caught tampering.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

LOL. I know I have been annoying. Sorry guys. I am honestly shocked that very few of you have been able to admit to yourselves that Licht is a real problem. He is much more of a problem than I realized until yesterday, when I began seeing how weak our roster really is. We need 10 starters. Does anyone dispute that? And, Licht is in charge of the roster. Crazy.

Please wait…

• ryan24

Participant

OK, so I have held my tongue on this matter until now

You should have held it a lot longer.

Please wait…

• casren

Participant

boy… I’m sure glad we didn’t fire licht. Cleary my presumptions here were way off base.

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.