Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

32nd ranked offense…you don’t trade away a productive, young WR for a 6th round pick.Vincent Jackson isn't a spring chicken anymore...this is just bad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too early to say this is a big mistake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I cannot understand it either. Unless there’s even MORE to the Williams story than we already know. Maybe that’s exactly the case and we just have to trust Lovie/Licht on this. Right now I feel we lost on this “deal.”A SIXTH?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s all about Lovie’s being handed the keys to One Buc, and being told “do whatever you want”.  It’s every coach’s dream to have that much power and being able to clean house your first year.  Bring in your own.  Loyalty to the new coach from all players.  Having said that, the MW and VJ combo showed me how they could carry a qB, so I don’t want to hear how our receivers can’t make plays now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Last year he caught a Whomping 200 to 300 yards.  WOW what production.  Then gets hurt and racks up 200 k in fines for not doing his job… REHABBING.  Then all the off field issues in the last few months, all this after signing his big contract.  You guys are hilarious – would love to work for you.  Life as in the NFL “What have you done for me lately!!!”  Guys we are a 4-12 team – I guarantee you we will be better and heading in the right direction without TURDS like MW.  GOOD RIDDANCE!!!  We were lucky to get a pick for a loser like this.  If it wasn’t for his old college coach up in Buffalo…we would have released him.  BYE.. BYE and Hello two new draft picks, hopefully one named Evans or Watkins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What it ultimately confirms to me is that, for all Mike Williams off-field problems, the Bucs brass did not consider him dedicated to football (which echoes what SR was saying a month ago). I believe that for all these shenanigans if Williams was clearly treating football as his no. 1 priority he’d still be here.Also, has anyone heard of any Bucs lamenting the loss of Williams? Doesn't prove anything, just curious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like I said, it’s a start over.overview

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well let me ask you this question alldaway , What kind of message does it send to the rest of the players if you keep a guy around like that? Lovie is no nonsense and he wants players to conduct themselves off the field and represent the team in high character and fashion!  This draft is very very deep in quality receivers that can step on the field from day one and contribute and make as big an impact their rookie year as Williams did . You seem to be the kind of fan that is never happy and aways complains about something! Lovie is yet to coach his first game. If you are a true buc fan you need to support Lovie and the team and give him a chance!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What kind of message does it send to the rest of the players if you keep a guy around like that? Lovie is no nonsense and he wants players to conduct themselves off the field and represent the team in high character and fashion!

Every coach starts their tenure by "sending a message(s)". Schiano did it, Morris did it, Pete Carroll did it, the Harbaughs did it... If Williams was up to shenanigans next year, he might stick around. But this is tone-setting time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it was the right move, and I’m excited to see what’s next.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest thing that has happened with the trade of Mike Williams has basically told the 31 other teams that the Bucs are going to take a receiver within the first two rounds – it also further jeopardizes the offense  – as the team let a known commodity go and will replace him with an unknown commodity. So for which ever QB is under center the climb has just become steeper and harder to navigate.McCown had the luxury of tossong the football up to two huge targets last season when he was in a grove - now he has one receiving option - an offensive line that has not played together - and no other proven targets once his number 1 option is taken away.Seems as though Lovie and Licht have given the defense all the new toys this off-season - one has to wonder what Tedford is thinking in the back of his mind...As it stands this could be a huge offensive draft...I will say one thing that L&L are truly changing the roster - and more so the culture of the organization - as they contiune to trim and reshape the roster - man there could be nearly 13 new starters between offense and defense this coming season...QB McCown  TE MyersWR ????LT CollinsLG ????C SmithRG ????RE JohnsonDT McDonaldCB VernerSLB ????

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Way too early to say this is a big mistake.

But not too early to predict that this will be a huge mistake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest thing that has happened with the trade of Mike Williams has basically told the 31 other teams that the Bucs are going to take a receiver within the first two rounds - it also further jeopardizes the offense  - as the team let a known commodity go and will replace him with an unknown commodity. So for which ever QB is under center the climb has just become steeper and harder to navigate.McCown had the luxury of tossong the football up to two huge targets last season when he was in a grove - now he has one receiving option - an offensive line that has not played together - and no other proven targets once his number 1 option is taken away.Seems as though Lovie and Licht have given the defense all the new toys this off-season - one has to wonder what Tedford is thinking in the back of his mind...

What I'm taking from this Yucc is that the new regime did NOT view Mike Williams as a legitimate no. 2 receiver. Off field shenanigans aside, if they had faith in his abilities he'd likely survive this.Remember - SR reported that the previous regime was also ready to cut Mike Williams! While we as fans see these things as coming out of the blue, it seems pretty clear Mike Williams was not dedicated to football and the Bucs did not expect him to produce much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me ask it this way: if Mike Williams were a FA would we sign him… coming off serious injury and a pattern of immature brushes with the law and his last team?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me ask it this way: if Mike Williams were a FA would we sign him... coming off serious injury and a pattern of immature brushes with the law and his last team?

Excellent point and you know the answer.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me ask it this way: if Mike Williams were a FA would we sign him... coming off serious injury and a pattern of immature brushes with the law and his last team?

Yes.Everyone deserves their day in court.And my tolerance level for Puritan Crusaders is a 1 on the scale of 1 out of 100.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.Everyone deserves their day in court.

Come on ADW.  There is no way in the world Lovie Smith would sign Mike right now.  Looking at the objective facts, fines and lawsuits around his choices over the last year or so, the dude is a PR nightmare and is not a professional the Bucs want representing their organization.  I wish the young man the best.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The biggest thing that has happened with the trade of Mike Williams has basically told the 31 other teams that the Bucs are going to take a receiver within the first two rounds - it also further jeopardizes the offense  - as the team let a known commodity go and will replace him with an unknown commodity. So for which ever QB is under center the climb has just become steeper and harder to navigate.McCown had the luxury of tossong the football up to two huge targets last season when he was in a grove - now he has one receiving option - an offensive line that has not played together - and no other proven targets once his number 1 option is taken away.Seems as though Lovie and Licht have given the defense all the new toys this off-season - one has to wonder what Tedford is thinking in the back of his mind...

What I'm taking from this Yucc is that the new regime did NOT view Mike Williams as a legitimate no. 2 receiver. Off field shenanigans aside, if they had faith in his abilities he'd likely survive this.Remember - SR reported that the previous regime was also ready to cut Mike Williams! While we as fans see these things as coming out of the blue, it seems pretty clear Mike Williams was not dedicated to football and the Bucs did not expect him to produce much.

The problem I have with this line of thinking - Is that if they had doubts why extend him last year? The former regime should have let him play out his existing contract and evaluated his full body of work both on the field and off the field to include his participation in a multitude of areas. If there were so many "iffy" question marks why give him $9 million guaranteed? The team basically committed to him - that the things he was doing was OK by paying him when they extended him.And if that is truly the case that they had doubts it only further illustrates the ineptness by the former regime to have strong convictions and stick to there guns on certain issues...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem I have with this line of thinking - Is that if they had doubts why extend him last year? The former regime should have let him play out his existing contract and evaluated his full body of work both on the field and off the field to include his participation in a multitude of areas. If there were so many "iffy" question marks why give him $9 million guaranteed? The team basically committed to him - that the things he was doing was OK by paying him when they extended him.And if that is truly the case that they had doubts it only further illustrates the ineptness by the former regime to have strong convictions and stick to there guns on certain issues...

Precisely.  PR has reported that they talked with the former regime - ie. Dominik - and they were getting ready to release Williams in training camp. The only reason it may not be ineptness is if these weren't problems until Williams signed his new contract - which certainly happens. Obviously people do behave differently with millions in the bank.Also, I remember SR implying that the Bucs WERE concerned about Williams signing an extension which is why they could get out of it in year 2 or 3. That could of course just be spin by Dominik.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bottom line, Dominik used the pen, not Schiano.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think that this is any big mistake; I was somewhat surprised that they did this so early, but I am glad we got at least some kind of a draft pick out of it.  I don’t see that this sends a signal that we will pick a WR at spot 7 out of a desperate need.  I think we are still going DL or LB here.  I think Rounds 2 & 3 will address QB & OL.  I see WR picks in Rounds 5,6,7 areas.  I still believe we will pick up another veteran WR or two in the next 4 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes.Everyone deserves their day in court.And my tolerance level for Puritan Crusaders is a 1 on the scale of 1 out of 100.

LOL How does that make a lick of sense? We just cut the man but we'd bring him in for the same reasons? I'm getting dizzy. BTW, I haven't heard of the Puritan Crusaders but am guessing their the're a punk band? I suppose they COULD be a soft rock Christian band but I kind of doubt it. 

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.