Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• Jahhmmon

Participant

Iʻm seriously debating on buying a jersey, however Iʻm undecided on who to pick. The three Iʻm debating would be David, White, or Vea. I know its all a matter of opinion but which one would you buy? And would you buy a superbowl jersey or wait for a creamsicle throwback?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Huh. Here I thought you were asking about the white, red, or pewter jerseys.

If you’re including David in your name list, then I would wait until he re-signs with the Bucs because right now he is a free agent. The more splashier name is White. Vea is you representing the ugly mollies. Both White and Vea are under rookie contracts. Vea has been injured two out of his three seasons in the NFL.

Instead of color scheme, you then bring up a Super Bowl patch or creamsicle jersey? You confuse me. If you value the Super Bowl, then get the Super Bowl patched jersey. If there’s no difference in price between an LV patch and without one, then why not get the LV patch. I don’t care about the patch at all. I own a red Freeman jersey, before the alarm clock number jerseys.

To me, the best looking jersey is the pewter vapor edition. Go watch some games with the Bucs wearing it or the season preview when we signed Brady and traded for Gronk. Gronk was amazed at the pewter jersey. The name I’d get would be Brady because he is the Super Bowl MVP, he will be a HoF, and he’s the reason we won a Super Bowl. Brady will always be a classic and a name everyone will know 20 years or 50 years from now. It doesn’t matter if Brady retires after next year because it’s Brady!

Unfortunately, a pre-made Brady pewter vapor jersey isn’t available right now. You could try a custom made one. That jersey simply pops. Throw on some white kicks and you’re good to go.

• Jahhmmon

Participant

Thanks, I wanted Lavonte because I became a fan the year that he was drafted so heʻs been my favorite Buc. Thatʻs true that he might be a free agent I hadnʻt thought about that, Iʻm just worried that White or Vea might leave in the future if we have money tied up elsewhere. David has been a Buc for a while so even if he does end up leaving Iʻll never get tired of wearing it. When I looked on the site there was really only red jerseys and barely any of the gray or white ones thatʻs why I didnʻt ask, but maybe Iʻll look into that one. And yea Iʻll probs just get a superbowl one and if I feel like a creamsicle later down the road Iʻll do that! Are there any other placs besides NFL shop that might have more selection for jerseys without the quality being bad?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

IMO, David is the heart of the defense ever since he was drafted under Schiano. It was only under Schiano did you ever hear praises about David often. But the loud MLB’s after Schiano was fired were the rage in Kwon and Devin. I love Devin, but he’s no David.

You can’t go wrong with David, the most underrated LB in the league ever since he entered it. It was David with two crutch pass defenses on Kelce in the Super Bowl that made sure no 3rd down conversions would be made, iirc.

White is here for at least 2 more years + 1. Vea has one more + 1. The +1 is the extra year tied to first round picks. White might evolve to become better than David, but that remains to be seen. David’s pass coverage is amazing.

As for quality of jerseys, I feel as though the quality for them have dropped off across all the leagues except hockey jerseys. It’s crazy to see iron-on numbers and names cost $150 nowadays when stitching was paramount. I don’t mind iron-ons if I’m buying them on the cheap, but stay away from them at regular price.

My color preference is always creamsicle with the Bucs. My second is that pewter. Oh my goodness, the first time I saw that my jaw dropped. That’s just me, though.

Remember, it’s your jersey and you have a story related to it. That’s all that matters. I’m an MLB Angels fan. I have a Trout, Ohtani, and 2002 MVP Glaus jerseys. But the one I wear all the time is a Torii Hunter jersey by Majestic because the material just feels boss compared to the far newer Majestic brand jerseys of Trout and Ohtani. Hunter isn’t a well known name, but he brought a lot of heart and laughs for the team back then, 2008-2012. At recent games, I always get commended for wearing it because they all remember how good a player he was for us. Plus, his nickname was “hula dula”! So if you get David Bucs’ jersey, then you’ll probably get a similar reaction.

David is a story of a nice guy finishing first with a Super Bowl Trophy.

• kenntak

Participant

If David is with the team next year, I would go with David.

• Bucman

Participant

Devin White

• Roy

Participant

Stick with somebody who’s already earned their glory. I am stuck with the number five Josh Freeman jersey which I got when he was a rookie. I figured he was drafted so high he was found to be the franchise quarterback. Now I wouldn’t be caught dead in it. Get something safe like Mike Evans or Derek Brooks

• seekpar

Participant

Murphy-Bunting or Gronkowski…way more letters for the same price! :o)

• m_j

Participant

if you‘re buying jersey with player’s name, than you got to go for someone who is true buc for life. I own only two, alstott old creamsicle and brooks red one. alstott jersey is perfect fit for nice weather and home games and derrick‘s is two sizes bigger, to pull it over the jacket for cold away games. got to admit I wore that one only twice.

talking about current players, no brainer, I‘d go for mike or lavonte!

• BucBalla85

Participant

Of those 3 I’d say that you can’t go wrong with David. Hes basically had a near hof career here in Tampa. Even if he leaves in fa i would still say him. Who knows if Vea or White have as long and successful as career as buccaneers as David did. They have potential but David has done it already. Of course I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them since they all won a super bowl here.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.