Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• nitey

Participant

Link: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/5_pro_bowl_candidates_for_the_tampa_bay_buccaneers_in_2014/16844959This article shows clips of the Josh McCown that I hope we are getting. It shows off his elusiveness in the pocket and his ability to run for first downs. While I tend to think Glennon has some potential, he doesn't have the ability to do some of the things that McCown can do. If Josh can be this quarterback, we are in for a fun year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The number who actually make the pro bowl is irrelevant.  The number who play like they deserve to be there is what matters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d just be content with Nicks hitting the field for the majority of the season. If he’s anywhere near his former Pro Bowl level it would be a bonus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The number who actually make the pro bowl is irrelevant.  The number who play like they deserve to be there is what matters.

E.g., Lavonte David

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Verner, Johnson and DMart all have a better shot than Nicks or McCown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link: http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/5_pro_bowl_candidates_for_the_tampa_bay_buccaneers_in_2014/16844959This article shows clips of the Josh McCown that I hope we are getting. It shows off his elusiveness in the pocket and his ability to run for first downs. While I tend to think Glennon has some potential, he doesn't have the ability to do some of the things that McCown can do. If Josh can be this quarterback, we are in for a fun year.

Agreed.  I remember watching this game and wondering why the Bears would go back to Cutler with the way McCown is playing.  In generally comparing McCown to Glennon, they look somewhat similar but Josh does everything quicker and is more mobile.  I am excited about this Offense

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Verner, Jackson, Martin, David, McCoy, and Barron. Yes, Barron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd just be content with Nicks hitting the field for the majority of the season. If he's anywhere near his former Pro Bowl level it would be a bonus.

Nicks hitting the field for a few games would be a miracle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks starts on September 7th. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carl Nicks lul wut?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Calling it now: Lavonte David, 2015 NFL DPOTYTake it to the bank!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carl Nicks lul wut?

Laugh all you want.  It's going to happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron. Yes, Barron.

Boid wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald and Lavonte have a good shot. But that is about it, IMO.  There are a lot of great players in the NFL, at every position.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based off what?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based off what?

Lovie's optimism and lack of concern with his foot injury.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Based off what?

Lovie's optimism and lack of concern with his foot injury.

Oh. Just seemed like I've heard that before somewhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t get me wrong I understand the skepticism but he passed his physical and looks to be a full participant in the pre-season.  Barring injury in the pre-season I see him as our starting left guard in Sept.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks is dead to me ….I’m treating it like he’s not even on the roster.  Fat ass thief ….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nicks is dead to me ....I'm treating it like he's not even on the roster.  Fat ass thief ....

What sucks about Nicks is, he's a great guy that loves the game.  He just got Buccaneered when he came to Tampa.  He was in the Walter Jones conversation when we signed him.  I get really pissed about a lot of things that have happened since 2002 but this one really bums me out. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How did these people overlook Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy, David and Verner defensively all seem like good options. I do expect Barron to make a leap this year and make a run at being a pro bowler as well.Offensively maybe Collins, VJax... I really think Martin has a shot. I know his carries could be down some but I still think he can get similar production to his rookie year.As far as Nicks goes, I don't expect to see him on the field... if he plays it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.