Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Tampa Bay conducted its first three-day mini-camp of the Lovie Smith era last week. What five things about the Bucs offense and defense stood out to PewterReport.com’s Scott Reynolds? Find out right here.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9766

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers aside, this is a VERY positive article! The professionalism of Lovie and his staff has obviously already rubbed off on the players. I cannot help to be excited about the coming season. Don’t forget, the South is always competitive from top to bottom. Well, it seems the Saints, Falcons and Panthers had better be ready for the 2014 Buccaneers! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Garv….it’s positive from the perspective of the offense and people being in shape.  It’s positive in that people seem to be on board with Smith’s approach…as I read the article, I wonder how our defense is doing even as I don’t want to make any blanket decisions when there wasn’t much hitting.  Seems that the DT from Pitt (I  believe) might be worth taking at the 7 spot if one of the top blue chippers isn’t available. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Garv....it's positive from the perspective of the offense and people being in shape.  It's positive in that people seem to be on board with Smith's approach...as I read the article, I wonder how our defense is doing even as I don't want to make any blanket decisions when there wasn't much hitting.  Seems that the DT from Pitt (I  believe) might be worth taking at the 7 spot if one of the top blue chippers isn't available.

While I see where you're coming from I also believe the D will be a lot more effective when hitting with pads on. I'd also have no problem with Aaron Donald at 7 but I think one of the blue chippers WILL be available there. I know fans would be disappointed with Robinson or Mathews being taken but letting one of them play G for a year or two might not be a bad idea. Both are considered top five talents I believe. Watkins would be a no brainer if he fell. A lot of "experts" think we could draft Evans. Whew......who knows?But taking away the positive vibe from the mini camp is a solid first step. It seems that not only are the players and coaches all on board but that they are progressing nicely into the new order.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Mark – you guys have access to spell check for the thread titles?  Just asking, if not maybe with the next program upgrade…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe that L & L have done a good job so far in finding players that are a better fit for their offensive and defensive schemes;  I also feel we are not there yet to beat a lot of teams on our schedule, but after the  draft and post pickup of additional players I am pretty sure that I will be more confident that we can be competitive and win twice as many games as last year.  Except for a few players still left of this team from the last four drafts speaks for itself; just because we bring in a lot replacements doesn’t mean we fire the cannons we’re going to the Super Bowl.  Of course I hope we do, but I don’t see that happening until we shore up our OL and DL some more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

mc – any chance you’d expand on the Bowers comment?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Mark - you guys have access to spell check for the thread titles?  Just asking, if not maybe with the next program upgrade...

What are you talking about?Kidding, corrected it. And truthfully, the thread titles don't spell check for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey Mark - you guys have access to spell check for the thread titles?  Just asking, if not maybe with the next program upgrade...

What are you talking about?Kidding, corrected it. And truthfully, the thread titles don't spell check for me.

You probably have selected "ignore words in all caps" in the old spell-checker.  This has been your neighborly spell-check moment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark, Did you realize 13 of the last 14 posts by the staff were posted by you. No wonder you have a spelling and date problem. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all of the Manziel talk is accurate, we may have a good opportunity to trade back in round 1 and collect some extra picks for a team who wants to come up for a shot at a QB (Dallas?).  If one of the two WR’s isn’t there, that would be my choice, and then aim for Ebron or a similar BPA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all of the Manziel talk is accurate, we may have a good opportunity to trade back in round 1 and collect some extra picks for a team who wants to come up for a shot at a QB (Dallas?).  If one of the two WR's isn't there, that would be my choice, and then aim for Ebron or a similar BPA.

Either that, or swap picks with Detroit if they're enamored with Mike Evans, then get Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If all of the Manziel talk is accurate, we may have a good opportunity to trade back in round 1 and collect some extra picks for a team who wants to come up for a shot at a QB (Dallas?).  If one of the two WR's isn't there, that would be my choice, and then aim for Ebron or a similar BPA.

Either that, or swap picks with Detroit if they're enamored with Mike Evans, then get Donald.

I'll take Donald as is, where is, but trading down to get him would be even better of course.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the Bucs newfound RB depth, do you see Michael Smith being in the teams plans going forward?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With the Bucs newfound RB depth, do you see Michael Smith being in the teams plans going forward?

Seriously, how could he possibly be? Barring horrific luck on the injury front the man is at best fourth on the depth chart. If Demps is considered a RB, make that fifth. I think his best chance is to be cut and sign somewhere else at this point. And I like the player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very strange situation with Smith but I thik he gets cut too.

Please wait…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.