Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Tampa Bay conducted its first three-day mini-camp of the Lovie Smith era last week. What five things about the Bucs offense and defense stood out to PewterReport.com’s Scott Reynolds? Find out right here.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9766

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Very hard not to read that and feel real good about where things are headed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No,go read all the previous minicamp coverage from prior years and it is always an upbeat story. There is a reason everyone got excited about guys like Stovall very year about this time.  Truthfully the fact that literally everyone is being lauded makes me even more suspicious. The QBs look good, all those scrub WRs look good, Demps looks good, the line looks good.  Seriously?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mr. Cook, can you elaborate on the following comment from the article:As a whole, the Buccaneers are very much in shape already with the exception of a select few, notably defensive end Da’Quan Bowers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mr. Cook, can you elaborate on the following comment from the article:As a whole, the Buccaneers are very much in shape already with the exception of a select few, notably defensive end Da’Quan Bowers.

22212-popcorn2gif-3AdT.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to hear that good ole DQB decided to take it easy after that rough year with S.  He comes in out of shape, yet he tweets that he is finally ready to get some real coaching?The guy is a walking dumbazz.  Between the gun issue, blaming coaches for his horrible play, and coming into Lovie's new team out of shape after a pitiable year, I get a feeling that football isn't really his thing.  He is going to be a pathetic pass rusher for the Bucs, yet again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bowers better hit the P90X or hit the road. Pumped about McCown looking sensational already!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No,go read all the previous minicamp coverage from prior years and it is always an upbeat story. There is a reason everyone got excited about guys like Stovall very year about this time.  Truthfully the fact that literally everyone is being lauded makes me even more su**CENSORED**ious. The QBs look good, all those scrub WRs look good, Demps looks good, the line looks good.  Seriously?

Feel free to doubt everything positive out there. Me, Ill keep smiling and hoping that strides are being made.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good to hear that good ole DQB decided to take it easy after that rough year with S.  He comes in out of shape, yet he tweets that he is finally ready to get some real coaching?The guy is a walking dumbazz.  Between the gun issue, blaming coaches for his horrible play, and coming into Lovie's new team out of shape after a pitiable year, I get a feeling that football isn't really his thing.  He is going to be a pathetic pass rusher for the Bucs, yet again.

DQB.....does that stand for Dairy Queen Bowers?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No DQ Bowers would be useful because he could grab everyone a Dilly Bar after practice.  He’s not even that useful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Excellent article! On a roll, sir…  ;D    Bowers appears to be a mess. I along with other Buc fans was hoping he'd use this off-season to get his act together. Apparently he did not. This may be the catalyst for Lovie drafting Aaron Donald. I'm sure Licht has no objection.    Of course the off-season work by the offense before this mini-camp has given them a jump start. Apparently the D did not have their own private sessions.    Love that they're upping the tempo; that's the NFL these days; might as well get used to it now so it doesn't 'shock' guys when they start the season.    I have to wonder, crazy as it seems, if Doug Martin's name could come up in trade talks and if we'd pull the trigger.     Not sold on Glennon as trade bait, unless Kafka pulls a Josh McCown and lights it up in Tedford's offense. I actually remember him and was pleased Lovie pulled him off the scrap heap, just like he did with McCown...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll be happy with mccown as starter, but moves need to be made towards the future.Mccown is on borrowed time. It's about the only thing that bothers me about him.I believe he would/will be a good starter for us. Trouble is, for how long? His absolute maximum would presumably be five years. We finally bring in a qb who could be prettu good, and he's "aged." Damnit all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll be happy with mccown as starter, but moves need to be made towards the future.Mccown is on borrowed time. It's about the only thing that bothers me about him.I believe he would/will be a good starter for us. Trouble is, for how long? His absolute maximum would presumably be five years. We finally bring in a qb who could be prettu good, and he's "aged." Damnit all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good read. Hard not to get excited. I’m trying to take a expect the worse, hope for the best approach this season. I have a feeling we’ll have a decent year. Also, I think I’m officially on the draft Aaron Donald bandwagon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR wrote this, but I talked to him in open locker one day and he said he is 10 pounds more than where he wants to be. He didn’t participate this week. But he was very involved with his unit, albeit standing and watching. I will say Cullen and Lovie are very interested in what he can do once he gets on the field. But missing those three days gave his potential replacement valuable reps.Lovie Smith on Bowers: “As far as my thoughts, I remember him a little bit from college and a little bit from last year, but I’m 55 now and it’s hard for me to remember an awful lot. Guys have to get out on the football field now. I know he’s here, right now he’s injured, he can’t go, but he’s been alert, he’s learning the system. Eventually we’ll get him out there. I know the rehab is going well. Seriously, he’s a good football player, but he needs to prove it right now. He’ll get an opportunity, a player like that should be able to excel in a defense like ours.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sounds like a short leash to me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

sounds like a short leash to me

It sure does. If I were a betting man, I'd say he's done playing football at least as a buc. I mean has anybody ever turned it around like that for us? We always have Hope there is a guy that will but rarely ever does. Not going to get my hopes up on this guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Discernable information. McCown looks good. Having McCown throw the ball makes our scrub WR's look good. Rainey looks better than Martin. All of these things verify what I have seen with my own two eyes. One issue- everyone looks good in shorts. Don't expect Streeter Owusu Paige or Skye to do much of anything in the regular season if any of them even make the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SR wrote this, but I talked to him in open locker one day and he said he is 10 pounds more than where he wants to be. He didn't participate this week. But he was very involved with his unit, albeit standing and watching. I will say Cullen and Lovie are very interested in what he can do once he gets on the field. But missing those three days gave his potential replacement valuable reps.Lovie Smith on Bowers: “As far as my thoughts, I remember him a little bit from college and a little bit from last year, but I’m 55 now and it’s hard for me to remember an awful lot. Guys have to get out on the football field now. I know he’s here, right now he’s injured, he can’t go, but he’s been alert, he’s learning the system. Eventually we’ll get him out there. I know the rehab is going well. Seriously, he’s a good football player, but he needs to prove it right now. He’ll get an opportunity, a player like that should be able to excel in a defense like ours.”

Thank you for clarifying. This not an issue of him showing up out of shape, he is just still rehabbing. Can't make the club from the tub, but it is at least eases my mind to know he isn't just showing up out of shape again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is Bowers recovering from again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll be happy with mccown as starter, but moves need to be made towards the future.Mccown is on borrowed time. It's about the only thing that bothers me about him.I believe he would/will be a good starter for us. Trouble is, for how long? His absolute maximum would presumably be five years. We finally bring in a qb who could be prettu good, and he's "aged." Damnit all.

BW1,So is your position that they need to use the #7 pick to select a QB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I saw Bowers at the Uniform Showcase at Ray Jay last month, he didn’t look out of shape to me.  He actually looked leaner then he did last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

youngone: "What is Bowers recovering from again?"Yeast infection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well played sirHe banged up his knee near the tail end of the season.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I saw Bowers at the Uniform Showcase at Ray Jay last month, he didn't look out of shape to me.  He actually looked leaner then he did last year.

i agree completely, and posted it here. Proof that looks can be deceiving!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had knee surgery

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This tells us all everything we need to know about Bowers"...Seriously, he’s a good football player, but he needs to prove it right now. He’ll get an opportunity, a player like that should be able to excel in a defense like ours..."If he doesn't show well in TC - he's gone (or could be trade bait prior to the draft?)  Hmmmm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No,go read all the previous minicamp coverage from prior years and it is always an upbeat story. There is a reason everyone got excited about guys like Stovall very year about this time.  Truthfully the fact that literally everyone is being lauded makes me even more su**CENSORED**ious. The QBs look good, all those scrub WRs look good, Demps looks good, the line looks good.  Seriously?

Settle down, Eeyore. You have to be the most pessimistic poster on the Red Board. Do you even enjoy rooting for this team? The reason why everyone got excited about Stovall is because he looked good in practice and during the preseason. He didn't show up in the real games. Does that mean that he didn't look good during mini-camp? Nope. So what are you complaining about? That PR is not accurately reporting in these stories or the fact that they can only report what they see and can't predict the future? If its the latter, then youre going to be a pretty disappointed guy because no media outlet can do that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dal is right, preseason reports around here tend to paint things a lot more optimistically than reality warrants. Personally, I put more credence into LadyBucFan’s observations.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.