Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

The Buccaneers have been on a roll in free agency, adding starters and even some players to just fill depth needs. But what five positions could the Buccaneers still use an infusion of talent at? Get PewterReport.com’s analysis in this feature.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=9734:&Itemid=15

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t realize Meredith was a two way player…

Mark Cook wrote:
      LINEBACKERStarters: Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Jamon MeredithI think we're fine at LB. Sure, we could use more depth (what position couldn't), but all it will take is a late round draft pick or signing a Nicholas/Boley/Sims/Henderson for vet minimum.  Given how little the SLB is used, we really have only two full time positions at LB. The real loss is David, and i'm pretty sure Fletcher/Foster/Casillas could all play Will.I was also surprised you didn't mention CB. Given that it's a 3-starter position, there really isn't much depth beyond Banks/Jenkins at CB/Nickel. And while I prefer Gorrer over Jenkins (and Leonard Johnson), if Banks or Verner go down that means that Jenkins/Johnson/Gorrer are starting at an outside CB spot. Jenkins has been terrible for much of his career and Johnson lacks the speed (& technique) to play outside.  Can Gorrer do it? Can he stay healthy? That's why I consider CB in need of depth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't realize Meredith was a two way player...

Mark Cook wrote:
      LINEBACKERStarters: Lavonte David, Mason Foster, Jamon Meredith

I think we're fine at LB. Sure, we could use more depth (what position couldn't), but all it will take is a late round draft pick or signing a Nicholas/Boley/Sims/Henderson for vet minimum.  Given how little the SLB is used, we really have only two full time positions at LB. The real loss is David, and i'm pretty sure Fletcher/Foster/Casillas could all play Will.I was also surprised you didn't mention CB. Given that it's a 3-starter position, there really isn't much depth beyond Banks/Jenkins at CB/Nickel. And while I prefer Gorrer over Jenkins (and Leonard Johnson), if Banks or Verner go down that means that Jenkins/Johnson/Gorrer are starting at an outside CB spot. Jenkins has been terrible for much of his career and Johnson lacks the speed (& technique) to play outside.  Can Gorrer do it? Can he stay healthy? That's why I consider CB in need of depth.Yeah major typo. Thanks. And trust me, there was other positions that could have on the list. I am really high on Gorrer and think if he stays healthy he could be a surprise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gaitor still has potential IMHO.  He might thrive under Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree Mark about Gorrer. I think he still has considerable upside……if he can stay healthy.

Please wait…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.