Keymaster

Please wait…

• Derek Sell

Participant

1. Because we were better than out record indicates

2. Because our uniforms suck

3. Because we have an elite QB

4. We have an Elite  #1WR

5. We had the best draft class in the NFL.

NIGHT NIGHT

Please wait…

• Bucpride5

Participant

1. Because we were better than out record indicates 2. Because our uniforms suck 3. Because we have an elite QB 4. We have an Elite #1WR 5. We had the best draft class in the NFL. NIGHT NIGHT

Elite is being a bit over zealous. Elite QB’s don’t turn the ball over 24 times

Very promising but definitely not elite

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

PFF’s NFL 1000 list (full season version) graded out Jay Cutler higher than Winston for the year(Cutler was 24 Winston was 25 iirc)

now by no means am I saying I’d take cutler over Winston, I’m sure less than 1% of even somewhat knowledgeable football fans would, but Winston’s turnovers, missing easy short throws, down field accuracy, sure hurt the team this year. Obviously that’s not all on him (playcalling, talent around him) but he has the most impact of any single player on this team by far. Still very young as everyone here knows, younger than  some QB’s getting drafted this year.

Please wait…

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2685170-nfl1000-final-regular-season-breakdown-of-the-leagues-top-players

Other notable QB’s higher than Winston (this is just one mans opinion, but he is an “expert”, Cian Fahey is the name of the guy that did the list of QB’s )

22. Winston

21. Cutler

20. Kaepernick

19. Alex Smith

18. Eli Manning (how bad was he most of the year?)

12. Mariota

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

5. We had the best draft class in the NFL.

This was blue font, right?

Please wait…

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Winston is not elite yet (to the rest of the NFL)… but to Tampa fans and organization he very much is, let me explain…talking just on the field performance I have to agree he’s not at an elite level when compared to guys like Brady and Rodgers.. but if you put in all he does for this team in general wether it’s dealing with the community or leading a team of men (at just 22 years old) I’d like to think that’s what elite is.. call me crazy but there are maybe 3-4 QBs that I would take over Winston right now.

Please wait…

• Bucpride5

Participant

Winston is not elite yet (to the rest of the NFL)… but to Tampa fans and organization he very much is, let me explain…talking just on the field performance I have to agree he’s not at an elite level when compared to guys like Brady and Rodgers.. but if you put in all he does for this team in general wether it’s dealing with the community or leading a team of men (at just 22 years old) I’d like to think that’s what elite is.. call me crazy but there are maybe 3-4 QBs that I would take over Winston right now.

He’s 23, let’s stop using Age as an excuse or a reason why he’s inconsistent. 2 full NFL seasons and he’s still a inconsistent turnover prone qb.

Lot of potential but give me Rodgers, Carr, Ryan, Luck, Prescott, Brees, Rothelisberger, and Brady over Winston. Jury is still out if he’s the answer long term here but I like a lot from what I’ve seen so far.

Please wait…

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

NFL1000: Final Regular Season Breakdown of the League’s Top Players Other notable QB’s higher than Winston (this is just one mans opinion, but he is an “expert”, Cian Fahey is the name of the guy that did the list of QB’s ) 22. Winston 21. Cutler 20. Kaepernick 19. Alex Smith 18. Eli Manning (how bad was he most of the year?) 12. Mariota

Cian has a well documented history of disdain for Winston along with a penchant for blindly defending his “takes” regardless of what new information he is presented with (See some of his Cousins interactions).

I’d caution people to take anything he says about Winston with a bigggg ole’ grain of salt.

Please wait…

• SunnyD

Participant

Jury is still out if he’s the answer long term here
      This is undisputed. He may not turn out to be elite and he may not turn out to be great but he is going to be here for the long haul.
      He keeps the Buccaneers competitive, something that we haven’t consistently been in a long time. He won’t be playing anywhere else in his career.

Please wait…

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.