Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• GoldsonAges

Participant

1- Its a Bucs life. Jameis Winston looked like a rookie and Marcus Mariota looked like an all-pro. The Titans use of Mariota was outsdanding. Wisenhunt fooled me. I though Mariota would never fit into his system, but Wisenhunt has shown me something. He is not trying to make the kid fit his system. He is adapting his system to suit Mariota’s strengths. Which brings us to No.2.2- We got outcoached. Wisenhunt was spectacular as mentioned in his grooming of Mariota. And he was very smart to dial back the defense on the blitzing and play solid two deep coverage. Make the rookie QB beat you instead of beating yourself. Great strategy and it worked to perfection. They got four sacks with limited blitzing and threw different coverages out there. That's what happens when the Wiz has all offseason to brainstorm. Speaking of brains, where is the brains at OBP? I mean, are we blatantly tanking this season? Or are we that unprepared? That was real ugly.3- Without Evans we are overmatched at WR. We have to hope that Mike Evans comes back and dominates real soon. VJax is still a very good WR but he needs Evans on the other side to split the defense........which also opens things up for Murphy. Evans is a key weapon for this offense. 4- The defense. Can you even really call it that? Surely there is a better word for it. Well, we can't even say half of the words that come to mind. Lovie had a mind baffling gameplan. How come we were not jumping all over those quick hitters? It was not a good looking defense at all. The defense was on its heels all day. What is this? That zone coverage is really, really bad and needs to be fixed. Call Tony Dungy Lovie. Maybe he can help.5- We are in for a long season with this offensive line. Can we even call them offensive? Actually, yes we can. That is a perfect description. They didn't open many holes except for when they got beat so badly it left a gaping hole, then when the RB did run through there and pick up a chunk of yardage, they had penalties to nullify them. Not a good look. We all knew the OL was going to be a serious issue, and it was. I am looking forward to getting Dotson back and Cherilus out of there.

Please wait…

GottaJaboo wrote:
      (Justin) Evans will be far superior to (Budda) Baker in the pros.

Dan Skipper Sucks! (lost bet)
      Update – UDFA Dan Skipper has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cherilus looked abysmal. The Linebackers as a unit were really bad, especially Lavonte, he made no impact at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Linebackers and defensive ends were awful. David was biting way too hard on the play action fakes and was not getting depth in his drops in coverage. We got mauled in the run game and couldn’t do a damn thing to stop those quick hitters by the Titans. Just an all around shitty game by this team. Only two players played well in Doug Martin and ASJ.Its like we literally couldn't do anything right. We got guys "flying to the ball" when its a run and the Titans are still averaging 4.5 YPC per clip. Its a joke. I have no idea what they're coaching at OBP but the couldn't do anything right on defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doug Martin looked good. One bright spot from the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The entire team is a disaster but they made two key moves and both are clearly mistakes:1.  Winston is a bust.  No, not because of one game.  Because of the bad footwork, decision making, and release that is almost certainly not correctable at this level.  Let's be honest, had he had the exact same results playing at UCLA, no one would have thought to pick him here.  He wasn't picked because he was an elite QB prospect, he clearly isn't, he was picked because he played at FSU and would have been a ticket draw.  When your season starts out with they guy you should have picked shredding you, then the guy you fatally did select throwing a pick six, then you have your off season grade.  2.  The disastrous 2nd round where we picked two 4th-6th round talents at positions of critical need.  The other key change from last year was Dirk, but he has a track record of success, and apparently its come out that he wanted MM and not Winston.  He was correct. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is a bust already. After one game. Unreal. Wouldn’t ant any of you guys in my foxhole. Bunch of second guessing, front runners.Anthony Becht watched the tape and said this morning that Marpet played outstanding. Not bad for a disastrous 2nd round pick.

Please wait…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.