Fools Gold

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What, someone really thought we were good after knocking down two bottom feeders and the sloppiest Detroit team? Glennon is not a franchise QB this season no matter how you cut it, but crazier things have happened. Maybe a Mayan prophecy will instill him with amazing ability.

I would have loved to hear your thoughts on Manning after his rookie year. 28 interceptions and a 71 QB rating. Glennon has 4 and a 91 QB rating as a rookie, but he's a not a franchise QB. What? Based on one rookie season? You probably give up on everyone after their rookie season huh? Glad you aren't a coach or GM.

MAnning wasn't a franchise QB his first season. Luckily he fulfilled a Zulu prophecy and gained unbelievable talent. Don't be so butthurt about your boy not fulfilling ancient prophecies.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

What, someone really thought we were good after knocking down two bottom feeders and the sloppiest Detroit team?

Just Youngone, Hayseed, Olaberserker, Doloris, BucNY, Caradoc, Illuminator, and Glennon Cannon. Nobody imprortant though.

Plot Twist: No one on this board is important :PP

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What, someone really thought we were good after knocking down two bottom feeders and the sloppiest Detroit team?

Just Youngone, Hayseed, Olaberserker, Doloris, BucNY, Caradoc, Illuminator, and Glennon Cannon. Nobody imprortant though.

Hmmm.... let's see what Caradoc had to say about that...

I'm really torn on the Panthers game.  I'm not really buying into our own hype right now -- we really haven't changed much as a team all year, we can hang reasonably close but we really can't perform consistently after the half.  Against better teams we have had a lot of schit go against us, last week it went against the other guys finally.  I honestly wasn't overly impressed with the win this week.  I think we should have been more solidly ahead (FU Lindell), but we still really struggled against a good front and CAR has a good front.  Glennon's continued development needs to start including closing games out.

Referring to JDouble pointing out that we had only one big play last week:

He's not removing that one big play. 

Yes he is.  That one big play is all it took.  He's also conveniently forgetting the 2 missed FGs that kept it within 1 score.  Make those and it doesn't come down to the INT at the end.

In the second half we had ONE successful offensive play.  We had two first downs.  We couldn't even move the ball to eat the clock.  If you don't think that is worrisome then there's really no talking to you.

A win is a win, but not all wins tell you the same things about a team.  A team that wins a 40+ point shootout has defensive issues.  A team that wins six to three is having offensive issues usually. It's not about style at all.  It was a win, but not a decisive one.  Once again we seemed to crawl into our shell down the stretch.  Once again the other team moved the ball at will on us.  They were undone by their own mistakes more than by us.  We played well enough, but nothing about it made a stong statement that we are a team capable of consistent wins against good teams.

Boy, that Caradoc guy sure did get really overly optimistic about a couple of wins, didn't he?  It's almost like some people here like making up things about what other people said in the past.

Did, did you just sift through every post you've made the past week to prove a point to an anon on the internet? That's dedication :0

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What, someone really thought we were good after knocking down two bottom feeders and the sloppiest Detroit team? Glennon is not a franchise QB this season no matter how you cut it, but crazier things have happened. Maybe a Mayan prophecy will instill him with amazing ability.

I would have loved to hear your thoughts on Manning after his rookie year. 28 interceptions and a 71 QB rating. Glennon has 4 and a 91 QB rating as a rookie, but he's a not a franchise QB. What? Based on one rookie season? You probably give up on everyone after their rookie season huh? Glad you aren't a coach or GM.

MAnning wasn't a franchise QB his first season. Luckily he fulfilled a Zulu prophecy and gained unbelievable talent. Don't be so butthurt about your boy not fulfilling ancient prophecies.

Then how do you know Glennon isn't? He is in his rookie season, hasn't had a full season, and hasn't had an offseason as the number one guy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Then how do you know Glennon isn't? He is in his rookie season, hasn't had a full season, and hasn't had an offseason as the number one guy.

The guy clearly has some promise.  But people on this board overreact to his success as well as his failures.He still has a lot to prove.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

The guy clearly has some promise.  But people on this board overreact to his success as well as his failures.He still has a lot to prove.

Absolutely he does. But this year is definitely not the year. The season is over and the coaching staff is a joke. He at least deserves next year as the QB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Absolutely he does. But this year is definitely not the year. The season is over and the coaching staff is a joke. He at least deserves next year as the QB.

My bigger question is whether or not he could excel with this offensive coaching staff.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My bigger question is whether or not he could excel with this offensive coaching staff.

Besides the elites is there any QB's that could? Probably not is my guess. Not just the coaching staff, but the Oline is playing off the charts bad.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Besides the elites is there any QB's that could? Probably not is my guess. Not just the coaching staff, but the Oline is playing off the charts bad.

But you have to wonder, with the O-line being beat up like they were, why not try with quick passes to get the ball out of Glennon's hands.Instead we have long drop backs that get him sacked rather easily.  That would be more on coaching.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

But you have to wonder, with the O-line being beat up like they were, why not try with quick passes to get the ball out of Glennon's hands.Instead we have long drop backs that get him sacked rather easily.  That would be more on coaching.

The coaching staff is just plain stupid or stubborn. Actually they are both. Are the coaches even trying to get it through Glennon's head that he can throw the ball away? In preseason he was doing it, but now in the regular season he isn't. That doesn't make sense. Unless he is self conscious of his completion percentage. Something is not right in that area.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah. He isn't a franchise QB this season. He could become one. Hell I could become one. Ancient magic bro

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

No one deserves anything in this league.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Yeah. He isn't a franchise QB this season. He could become one. Hell I could become one. Ancient magic bro

I'll believe in you.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll believe in you.

All 5 feet of me?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll believe in you.

All 5 feet of me?

Of course!

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.