Viewing 105 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Let me start this by saying I am rooting for Winston to succeed. I hope like hell he turns out to be a real franchise QB. This is the problem, I just don’t see anything out of him that warrants that consideration. If Winston was a great QB he wouldn’t have looked so gawd awful tonight. Great QB’s don’t look that bad, ever! For the love of god people, open up your eyes and understand what you are seeing and stop making excuses for him. It’s like we are living Josh Freeman all over again. I’m tired of inept QB play and inaccurate passes. We haven’t had a good QB since Brad Johnson left. In fact, we haven’t had a good coach since Jon Gruden was let go. What I saw at FSU from Winston is exactly what I saw tonight and that scares the hell out of me. I’m praying for a miracle that Winston can turn it around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston fan here. I remain supremely confident that he will be the long time franchise qb for the bucs. The only excuses will be from those fans who didn’t believe in him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not going to pretend that I had my reservations about Winston…if I’m honest my reaction was that anyone who drafts the guy is getting the next JaMarcus Russell; however he’s a Buc and I will support him as such. He did some things you’d expect from a rookie in his first ever game in the NFL, he did some things that have me hope that he’ll turn out well.Anyone who judges Jameis at this stage isn't jumping the gun, they're stood at the freaking finish line.

Please wait…

• ZMan08151992

Let me start this by saying I am rooting for Winston to succeed. I hope like hell he turns out to be a real franchise QB. This is the problem, I just don't see anything out of him that warrants that consideration. If Winston was a great QB he wouldn't have looked so gawd awful tonight. Great QB's don't look that bad, ever! For the love of god people, open up your eyes and understand what you are seeing and stop making excuses for him. It's like we are living Josh Freeman all over again. I'm tired of inept QB play and inaccurate passes. We haven't had a good QB since Brad Johnson left. In fact, we haven't had a good coach since Jon Gruden was let go. What I saw at FSU from Winston is exactly what I saw tonight and that scares the hell out of me. I'm praying for a miracle that Winston can turn it around.

please stfu ...people like you are going to being really annoying this season...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me start this by saying I am rooting for Winston to succeed. I hope like hell he turns out to be a real franchise QB. This is the problem, I just don't see anything out of him that warrants that consideration. If Winston was a great QB he wouldn't have looked so gawd awful tonight. Great QB's don't look that bad, ever! For the love of god people, open up your eyes and understand what you are seeing and stop making excuses for him. It's like we are living Josh Freeman all over again. I'm tired of inept QB play and inaccurate passes. We haven't had a good QB since Brad Johnson left. In fact, we haven't had a good coach since Jon Gruden was let go. What I saw at FSU from Winston is exactly what I saw tonight and that scares the hell out of me. I'm praying for a miracle that Winston can turn it around.

Ha nice troll job...kudos to you!!!! That will get the Jameis crowd going....wait a minute....you sly fox.    Did you miss the whole Rookie quarterback thing, first game ever in an NFL situation thing????  You really aren't this big of a dumbass right??  Anyone who expects things to be sunshine and rainbows with a  team who drafted a QB #1 overall, precisely because they had the worst record in the NFL is really, really, dumb...you fit the bill.But I expect better, you are kidding right????

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Again, the complete idiocy that people like the OP produces.I invite anyone to go back and look at the OP's posting history especially when it comes to Winston. The OP was ready to call ANY game Winston played (even one where he produced) a failure.The sad thing is that the OP is not a troll. Just a bitter moron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This.......at 3am? Maybe you need some rest!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garcia was a better QB than Johnson. Your argument is now invalid.

Please wait…

• rmslpn

Participant

find a new team to cheer for if  the  Bucs and Jameis make you so unhappy

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I see trolling is in preseason form as well. Given time it’ll improve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who judges Jameis at this stage isn't jumping the gun, they're stood at the freaking finish line.

So true. Bucs fans...

Please wait…

• redwolf384

Participant

I actually think he had some nice touch on his throws. Yes accuracy was spotty but I'm not calling a bust after 1 pre season game. Blame the o line for all the bad qb play in past years. Mccown was just terrible though last year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

TB did you see Peyton Mannings or Troy Aikmans first seasons, they turned out ok.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

I actually think he had some nice touch on his throws. Yes accuracy was spotty but I'm not calling a bust after 1 pre season game. Blame the o line for all the bad qb play in past years. Mccown was just terrible though last year.

Please don't waste your time actually trying to have a serious discussion with him. He is bitter about Winston and will call him a bust if he doesn't win a superbowl while putting up prime Manning numbers in the process. Look at his posting history.Let me tell you how this is going to go for him the next 5 months. He will only show up when the Bucs lose and/or when Winston has a poor, mediocre, and good game (he will try to describe the good game as "mediocre"). You won't see him when the Bucs win and Winston has a game that he can't easily criticize. As the Bucs continue to win and Winston develops, he will go almost completely away. But he will still retain his account so, for example, when/if the Bucs are eliminated (even if it is in the NFC championship game or Superbowl) each year, he can suddenly reappear and scream about how the Bucs will NEVER win a Superbowl with Winston.He was a huge Buc fan, now he will actively root for the Bucs to lose because if they do win, his head might explode from frustration.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

dumb-people-2.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This.......at 3am? Maybe you need some rest!!

Thank you, Hate. Let's talk about where he is in three years. Already overreacting after a preseason game. He's a rookie. He's gonna do rookie things. Chill.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I rarely saw Winston throwing Josh Freeman like passes like that during college. I think it was just his nerves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hope all Bucs fans are Winston fans once the season begins. Maybe it’s just me, but I want to win some games around here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ha nice troll job...kudos to you!!!! That will get the Jameis crowd going....wait a minute....you sly fox.    Did you miss the whole Rookie quarterback thing, first game ever in an NFL situation thing????  You really aren't this big of a dumbass right??  Anyone who expects things to be sunshine and rainbows with a  team who drafted a QB #1 overall, precisely because they had the worst record in the NFL is really, really, dumb...you fit the bill.But I expect better, you are kidding right????

You are the definition of “Winston Fan”. How can you not be alarmed by what you saw at FSU last year and what you saw in the game last night? His accuracy is “NOT” good. Just because my opinion of Jameis is not good doesn’t make me a so called “Dumbass”. In fact, everything I have ever said about him has been exactly what he is so far. He has been terrible in practice and terrible in his first game. Until I am wrong please refrain from the name calling just because my opinion is not yours.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garcia was a better QB than Johnson. Your argument is now invalid.

That is laughable but, you are entitled to your opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

find a new team to cheer for if  the  Bucs and Jameis make you so unhappy

Josh Freeman made me really unhappy too but, you excuse makers thought he was the real deal. Yes, I am very unhappy about Winston because he has given me every reason to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would hope all Bucs fans are Winston fans once the season begins. Maybe it's just me, but I want to win some games around here.

That’s all I want as well but, I will not fake being a Winston fan. I will be a Winston fan when he starts showing me that he is capable of being a good NFL QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just got done watching it and I didn’t think he looked nearly as bad as some of the reactions on this board.  He missed some throws early.  In his first preseason game ever I’m not too worried about that.  The pick was absolutely the right read, he just missed the throw.  That’s not a “I have no idea what I’m doing out here” throw.  I’m not too worried about that one either.  Then he got in a rhythm and looked pretty good.  A few of the throws he missed he was heavily pressured on and he hit some guys in the hands that weren’t caught.  I thought the line didn’t look good, and I thought the defense looked terrible.  Winston is the last thing I’m worried about after watching that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just got done watching it and I didn't think he looked nearly as bad as some of the reactions on this board.  He missed some throws early.  In his first preseason game ever I'm not too worried about that.  The pick was absolutely the right read, he just missed the throw.  That's not a "I have no idea what I'm doing out here" throw.  I'm not too worried about that one either.  Then he got in a rhythm and looked pretty good.  A few of the throws he missed he was heavily pressured on and he hit some guys in the hands that weren't caught.  I thought the line didn't look good, and I thought the defense looked terrible.  Winston is the last thing I'm worried about after watching that.

I'm with u. They put a lot on his plate against a good Vikings team. He was decisive, made some good throws and missed a few. Really hope they start the next game with a little no-huddle

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The people who were anti winston predraft are going to be miserable to be around.I was, but not because of his actual play, so im not going that route, just waiting. However, these cats who told you so, are going to tell you so. Especially when the team is looking like this.Its to be expected.Still, there is something fishy in the air with this whole series of events. People wanted him here way too much based on things that shouldnt matter too much, and that doesnt bode well for tampas future (in a witchdoctor kind of way)imvho.So far, im still wishing we had drafted marcus, but its not nearly a done-deal or finished just yet. It is too early to tell anything. Both were good qbs in college, and both were stuck with crappy teams. So, it goes without saying that one, maybe both, would have immediate troubles.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t want to draft Winston. I wanted a trade down. The thing that put me off about him was his immaturity and off the field issues. As long as he keeps those in check I’ll be patient and see what we got in him. He has things in his game to fix, but the guy has all the talent in the world to win us a Superbowl. OTH Mariota looks like a Geno and Alex Smith mix to me. I think Mariota would have been a worse draft pick. I don’t see him winning anything in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its a shame the Panthers didn’t cut Cam Newton after his horrible preseason his rookie year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are the definition of "Winston Fan". How can you not be alarmed by what you saw at FSU last year and what you saw in the game last night? His accuracy is "NOT" good. Just because my opinion of Jameis is not good doesn't make me a so called "Dumbass". In fact, everything I have ever said about him has been exactly what he is so far. He has been terrible in practice and terrible in his first game. Until I am wrong please refrain from the name calling just because my opinion is not yours.

How can you not be alarmed by what you saw at FSU last yearI saw a QB lead his team to a 13-0 season and a QB that went 26-1 for his career at FSU with a National Championship, Heisman trophy, and a participant in the first 4 team CFB playoff that unfortunately was the only blemish on his career at FSU.Are you confusing Jameis Winston with some other QB?  If not, you absolutely have no concept of what the primary objective of all football games are... Hint It is called Winning! LOLFor his first game I saw some rookie mistakes but I also saw a real command of the huddle and some clear signs of understanding the position of a NFL QB.  With your commentary you will occupy a special place in my heart bringing ME unbelievable joy knowing how miserable you will be with every successful play Winston makes.  It will cause me to break into a Happy Dance knowing your childish anger will be ready to explode.  You just added another positive to my enjoyment of football...TB-BucFan4Life  need to archive the moniker on my computer!  Good Times ahead! LOL

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Winston fan here. I remain supremely confident that he will be the long time franchise qb for the bucs. The only excuses will be from those fans who didn't believe in him.

Ditto

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

TB did you see Peyton Mannings or Troy Aikmans first seasons, they turned out ok.

I remember Aikman's first season. Talk about a miserable start to a career. Plus, he was still in the shadow of Staubach and Danny White. Overall, I'd say he turned out ok.Winston will also be fine, imho. I liked a lot of what I saw from him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just got to watch the game for the first time. Really don’t think Winston was awful at all, looked like a rookie to me. His first two drives he seemed a little anxious and was not on target, but after that I thought he showed a lot of good things and had pretty good accuracy and pocket awareness.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least we can Winston had more passing yards, more rushing yards, more TDs, and less turnover than Mariota in his first preseason start! But in all seriousness if you hate on how Winston performed you are just a hater. He struggled earlier but he got better as the game went on and you could tell he may have been a little nervous. I expect him to keep improving throughout the preseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Many very good qbs have looked awful their very first nfl game. I think Winston will be fine. Needs to play alot in the remaining preseason games. He may not have a great season, but i still think he will be a very solid qb once it all “clicks” for him.

Please wait…

• emspirit

Participant

You are the definition of "Winston Fan". How can you not be alarmed by what you saw at FSU last year and what you saw in the game last night? His accuracy is "NOT" good. Just because my opinion of Jameis is not good doesn't make me a so called "Dumbass". In fact, everything I have ever said about him has been exactly what he is so far. He has been terrible in practice and terrible in his first game. Until I am wrong please refrain from the name calling just because my opinion is not yours.

How can you not be alarmed by what you saw at FSU last yearI saw a QB lead his team to a 13-0 season and a QB that went 26-1 for his career at FSU with a National Championship, Heisman trophy, and a participant in the first 4 team CFB playoff that unfortunately was the only blemish on his career at FSU.Are you confusing Jameis Winston with some other QB?  If not, you absolutely have no concept of what the primary objective of all football games are... Hint It is called Winning! LOLFor his first game I saw some rookie mistakes but I also saw a real command of the huddle and some clear signs of understanding the position of a NFL QB.  With your commentary you will occupy a special place in my heart bringing ME unbelievable joy knowing how miserable you will be with every successful play Winston makes.  It will cause me to break into a Happy Dance knowing your childish anger will be ready to explode.  You just added another positive to my enjoyment of football...TB-BucFan4Life  need to archive the moniker on my computer!  Good Times ahead! LOL

I seem to remember a certain Gators QB who had 3 times the college career of Winston and has had trouble staying in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I seem to remember a certain Gators QB who had 3 times the college career of Winston and has had trouble staying in the NFL.

What Gator QB was that?    Tebow went 9-4 his first season.  Neeeext!  LOLWas Tebow ever considered to be the best player in the NFL draft?The point of the original poster was claiming that by looking at Winston's stay in college that he had failure written all over him.  That has to be one of the most ignorant statements ever posted on this board with its absence of any foundation for such a ridiculous assertion.Will Winston be a great NFL QB?  That is a completely unanswered question that has little to do with his incredible success at FSU. As to "Timmay" barring a miracle he will have a hard time making the Philly roster as a 3rd string qb. Matt Barkley clearly outplayed him for that 3rd spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again, it’s absolutely amazing and quite hilarious at how many people here are telling us about how this was just the first preseason game for a rookie and despite a slow start, that doesn’t mean anything for the future.  Then these same people hop into the Mariota Update thread and tell us how the slow start in his first preseason game of his rookie season is a clear demonstration and indicator about how Mariota will be a complete an utter bust.  And yes, it goes both ways.  Agendas anyone?It's going to take at least two years before either QB can be called a successful QB or a bust.  Both teams have lots of other problems that a QB alone will not fix. This is going to be another rough year for the Bucs, but at least we will have the comic relief of the homers vs the haters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw a QB lead his team to a 13-0 season and a QB that went 26-1 for his career at FSU with a National Championship, Heisman trophy, and a participant in the first 4 team CFB playoff that unfortunately was the only blemish on his career at FSU.Are you confusing Jameis Winston with some other QB?  If not, you absolutely have no concept of what the primary objective of all football games are... Hint It is called Winning! LOL

Facts are facts and the facts are that Winston played horrific football at times last year and FSU won games on talent and poor competition. Winston will not get away with that kind of play in the NFL. The Bucs aren't "Winning" anything if Winston doesn't improve. He has a slow delivery and windup, he stares down his receivers and throws into coverage instead of going to second or third options. Winston is one of the most inconsistent QB's I've ever seen. He's Jeckyll and Hyde. I want a consistently good QB we can count on.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

I would hope all Bucs fans are Winston fans once the season begins. Maybe it's just me, but I want to win some games around here.

That's all I want as well but, I will not fake being a Winston fan. I will be a Winston fan when he starts showing me that he is capable of being a good NFL QB.

He won't have the opportunity to show anyone he's a good NFL QB until the season starts. All you should expect at this point is improvement in each game. You know something Glennon can't master.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Once again, it's absolutely amazing and quite hilarious at how many people here are telling us about how this was just the first preseason game for a rookie and despite a slow start, that doesn't mean anything for the future.  Then these same people hop into the Mariota Update thread and tell us how the slow start in his first preseason game of his rookie season is a clear demonstration and indicator about how Mariota will be a complete an utter bust.  And yes, it goes both ways.  Agendas anyone?

Well said. Winston fans refuse to see anything negative and just “turn a blind eye” to anything he does wrong. It was the same thing with Freeman. I never liked Freeman and we’ll see with Winston. Why is it so hard for Winston fans to admit he’s not perfect? Retire the excuse machine and just be truthful people.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Once again, it's absolutely amazing and quite hilarious at how many people here are telling us about how this was just the first preseason game for a rookie and despite a slow start, that doesn't mean anything for the future.  Then these same people hop into the Mariota Update thread and tell us how the slow start in his first preseason game of his rookie season is a clear demonstration and indicator about how Mariota will be a complete an utter bust.  And yes, it goes both ways.  Agendas anyone?

Well said. Winston fans refuse to see anything negative and just "turn a blind eye" to anything he does wrong. It was the same thing with Freeman. I never liked Freeman and we'll see with Winston. Why is it so hard for Winston fans to admit he's not perfect? Retire the excuse machine and just be truthful people.

The Winston fans don't refuse to see negative they just refuse to stoop to your level since they know all your trying to do is bait them in with this post. You can find people who will bring you the torch to burn themselves so keep searching. Those people are out there!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I’ve determined Winston is terrible after two quarters of preseason play!”"Buccaneer fans who support their starting QB are delusional, fool-hardy idiots!"Keep fighting the good fight, brah.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Anybody who takes just a short look at the OP’s posting history would not be surprised that this idiot thinks Winston is a bust after his first 1/2 of football. The guy was calling him a bust last year…when he hadn’t even lost a game yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Regardless if you liked the pick at the time or not aren’t we ALL Winston fans now that he is the QB of the Bucs? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Regardless if you liked the pick at the time or not aren't we ALL Winston fans now that he is the QB of the Bucs?

In a perfect world, this would be the case. But, obviously, there are idiots on both sides of this subject.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many?  Start naming names and quoting posts.  My feeling is you just made that up to enhance the point you wanted to make.Agendas anyone?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Regardless if you liked the pick at the time or not aren't we ALL Winston fans now that he is the QB of the Bucs?

In a perfect world, this would be the case. But, obviously, there are idiots on both sides of this subject.

Seriously though. if you're a Bucs fan you need to be behind Winston. Good or bad hes the QB and you need to accept it or go follow another teammaking retarded threads like this one and whining about a guy you didnt support in the draft doesnt accomplish anything

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously though. if you're a Bucs fan you need to be behind Winston. Good or bad hes the QB and you need to accept it or go follow another teammaking retarded threads like this one and whining about a guy you didnt support in the draft doesnt accomplish anything

I agree with you. But, as I said, there are idiots on both sides of this debate. Either way, he's our QB, we should be supporting him and hope for some progress.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many?  Start naming names and quoting posts.  My feeling is you just made that up to enhance the point you wanted to make.Agendas anyone?

DOH! You got me. I admit it, I have an agenda to allow both QB's to actually play some real football before throwing either of one them under the bus.  Shame on me for wanting equal treatment.  Please accept my apologies.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

DOH! You got me. I admit it, I have an agenda to allow both QB's to actually play some real football before throwing either of one them under the bus.  Shame on me for wanting equal treatment.  Please accept my apologies.  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Stop being realistic and thinking logically.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with you. But, as I said, there are idiots on both sides of this debate. Either way, he's our QB, we should be supporting him and hope for some progress.

Theres definitely morons on both sides for sure. the Winston loonies like Runole only come out anymore when someone makes a thread like this though. its like inciting a riotpeople are expecting too much from the kid. hes not Andrew Luck, or Brady, or Manning, or Rodgers.hes a rookie and hes going to struggle. Rome wasnt built in a day and our roster is pure crap so expectations need to be seriously tempered. im more concerned about the OL than i am about Winston. if they cant block for him theres no chances hes going to look good

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You made a specific assertion and are now deflecting from that statement.  I never discussed the proper time to start evaluating a rookie quarterback.  Show me all the posters who called Mariota a bust and excused Jameis' performance based on their first preseason games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Theres definitely morons on both sides for sure. the Winston loonies like Runole only come out anymore when someone makes a thread like this though. its like inciting a riotpeople are expecting too much from the kid. hes not Andrew Luck, or Brady, or Manning, or Rodgers.hes a rookie and hes going to struggle. Rome wasnt built in a day and our roster is pure crap so expectations need to be seriously tempered. im more concerned about the OL than i am about Winston. if they cant block for him theres no chances hes going to look good

Well put, as usual.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought both Winston and Mariota had rocky starts but settled down and seemed fine. No need to panic or crown them for the HOF. Just rookie QBs in their first game*shrugs shoulders*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought both Winston and Mariota had rocky starts but settled down and seemed fine. No need to panic or crown them for the HOF. Just rookie QBs in their first game*shrugs shoulders*

Exactly. both guys had bad plays and good playsMariota had the worst play out of the two by far with that screen INT, reminded me of Joe Theisman and rocket screen in the superbowl back in the 80s. he rebounded though and made some nice plays after thatWinston missed some throws but also had some good ones as well. the 1st completion to VJax was beautiful as well as the roll to his right and the strike on the sidelines to Murphy(?)both players should improve with experience and have 3 more games before the regular season even starts.everyone wants Luck's 1st season and thats so atypical of any rookie that its insane. id expect something closer to Manning's where he struggles and throws more INTs than TD or close to even.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve always believed that you cannot judge a RB or QB if your offensive line is terrible. Since that is the case and this was Winstons first game…. I expect that he will be very good. I also expect for offensive line reasons, that he will not put up good numbers this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw a QB lead his team to a 13-0 season and a QB that went 26-1 for his career at FSU with a National Championship, Heisman trophy, and a participant in the first 4 team CFB playoff that unfortunately was the only blemish on his career at FSU.Are you confusing Jameis Winston with some other QB?  If not, you absolutely have no concept of what the primary objective of all football games are... Hint It is called Winning! LOL

Facts are facts and the facts are that Winston played horrific football at times last year and FSU won games on talent and poor competition. Winston will not get away with that kind of play in the NFL. The Bucs aren't "Winning" anything if Winston doesn't improve. He has a slow delivery and windup, he stares down his receivers and throws into coverage instead of going to second or third options. Winston is one of the most inconsistent QB's I've ever seen. He's Jeckyll and Hyde. I want a consistently good QB we can count on.

Facts are facts and the facts are that Winston played horrific football at times last yearHorrific?  There is nothing horrific about winning all 12 regular season games and the ACC championship.    "Statistics are for Losers"  The only thing that matters is Winning.Oh and FSU's schedule was not a weak schedule.  WInston faced I believe 8 teams in the top 50 in CFB and 2 in the top 6 in Total defense, 5 in the top 15. Only team in CFB that played 3 P-5 teams out of conference  Florida. Okie St ,and Notre Dame.Better recheck those Facts that look more like opinions with little basis.21 st SOS according to Sagarin.Winston is one of the most inconsistent QB's I've ever seen.Wow!  Perhaps you should also mention that he has the best winning streak in the history of CFB for his first 26 games!  26-0!  That certainly looks consistent to me and it is called WINNING!Now if you wish to judge his entire career based on one half of Pre Season game you are entitled to such a whacked opinion.  Lots of luck finding anyone with an ounce of intelligence agreeing with such an evaluation at this stage of his NFL career!  LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Edit:Mind Boggling

Please wait…

• charlespoupot

Participant

I didn’t like what I saw from Winston at all. He was too erratic and while some of that can be blamed on the OL his throwing motion can’t. He seemed a step or two behind on his reads and continuously stared down his intended receiver. The big question is whether or not he learned anything and can correct his mechanics and accuracy.What alarms me the most besides the defense looking putrid is Dotson being injured which isn't doing Winston any favors. The OL was in trouble before losing Dotson...Now?With the lack of serviceable depth over all positions except WR and maybe DT,unfortunately, we look to be in for a LONG disappointing season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't like what I saw from Winston at all. He was too erratic and while some of that can be blamed on the OL his throwing motion can't. He seemed a step or two behind on his reads and continuously stared down his intended receiver. The big question is whether or not he learned anything and can correct his mechanics and accuracy.What alarms me the most besides the defense looking putrid is Dotson being injured which isn't doing Winston any favors. The OL was in trouble before losing Dotson...Now?With the lack of serviceable depth over all positions except WR and maybe DT,unfortunately, we look to be in for a LONG disappointing season.

All isn't as dark as you think...Watching a rookie QB in his first NFL game can be bad, but it wasn't that bad...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A cocktail of butt-hurt Mariota Slurpers, who sucked even worse than Winston, and Mike "Captain Checkdown" Glennon supporters....Jeez

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to admit I came in as a Winston fan, but his play in his first preseason game fell far short of Aaron Rodgers. I think we now have to consider him a bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to admit I came in as a Winston fan, but his play in his first preseason game fell far short of Aaron Rodgers. I think we now have to consider him a bust.

nice troll attempt. "i think we now have to consider him a bust". ha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You realize how important the first preseason game is, right?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Who doesn't! It determines how the rest of the year goes. If the first preseason game is terrible like ours was it's another 2-14 season! That's how Punxsutawney Phil taught me anyways and he's right 39% of the time.

Please wait…

• mtrustee

Participant

Can we all just wait until Jameis has even one regular season game under his belt before we start saying he’s for sure a star or a bust?  Personally, I think he will be a good QB.  Others may not feel that way.His stats after half a pre-season game mean nothing.  The takeaways that you should have are (among other things that I'm surely forgetting):1. He appears to be ahead of the curve in terms of making audibles/adjustments at the line of scrimmage for a rookie.2. He needs to continue working on manipulating safeties.3. He's not afraid to throw into tight windows.4. He's not afraid to stand in the pocket and take hits (which he will surely take a fair share of with this offensive line)5. He made some good reads; he made some bad reads.  He made some good passes; he made some bad passes.6. He seemed to get into a rhythm as the game went on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A cocktail of butt-hurt Mariota Slurpers, who sucked even worse than Winston, and Mike "Captain Checkdown" Glennon supporters....Jeez

I know. Stupidity on the same level as some of Winston slurpers."Jameis could have played at 18 and dominated the league" They're both equally moronic.                                          

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t know what is needed  to be a Winston Fan? If I see it optimistic and say he played good I’m a fan?If I see it pessimistic and say he played bad I'm a hater?If I say we have to be patient with a rookie QB and can't expect too much I'm not a buccaneer fan?Compared to the first game last year I had the feeling the train started rolling after the first quarter until  halftime and I'm waiting for the first full game of Winston. How can some of you know exactly how Winston will play in the next game after his first half of a preseason game ?Winston wasn't perfect but showed he is willing to fight. He did some good things and when he learn from the mistakes he did it will be fun to watch bucs ball again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who doesn't! It determines how the rest of the year goes. If the first preseason game is terrible like ours was it's another 2-14 season! That's how Punxsutawney Phil taught me anyways and he's right 39% of the time.

Winston’s first preseason game went exactly like I thought it would so I wasn’t surprised in the least bit. Lets hope for improvement next week so I can calm down. If he sucks again I will be on here blasting him for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of disappointing posts being put up from folks who purport to be buccaneer fans.  I have watched the game a couple of times and there are a lot of positions that give me more concern than qb. One post sticks out in this thread, something about how important the first game of preseason is - just had to point that one out.  Jeez...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

dumb-people-2.jpg

Thanks for the laugh. lol

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Pretty sure this is just sarcasm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty sure this is just sarcasm

Of course it is, but it has also shown a few fans who might be coiled a little too tight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is going to win us a Superbowl. no other Buc QB has ever instilled that confidence in me. All the haters will shut up when he does.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Winston's first preseason game went exactly like I thought it would so I wasn't surprised in the least bit. Lets hope for improvement next week so I can calm down. If he sucks again I will be on here blasting him for sure.

Are you kidding? You calm down over Winston? ROFL .............NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really shouldn’t hate or praise him too much until the 3rd preseason game (if it goes like normal 3rd preseason games go).  He played like a rookie with no live NFL experience. He made some mistakes, he looked better against 2nd string defenders, hence his 70+ yard td drive.Right now, I'm looking for improvement in mechanics (throwing motion), better reads (I swear I saw a couple open spots, and he went for tighter coverage throws, could be because he didn't have time to scan the field though), and a bit more accuracy.He looked like I expected. I'm just hoping he gets better and not shell shocked with carousel of an oline.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston is going to win us a Superbowl. no other Buc QB has ever instilled that confidence in me. All the haters will shut up when he does.

Hell yes, he will. Not this year, though. He'll take us to the NFC Championship game, but the [enter excuse that doesn't pertain to Jameis here] will cause us to fall short. He will win RoY honors, Offensive PoY honors, and MVP. The following season we will beat the Patriots in the SB to the tune of 65 - 3.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Hell yes, he will. Not this year, though. He'll take us to the NFC Championship game, but the [enter excuse that doesn't pertain to Jameis here] will cause us to fall short. He will win RoY honors, Offensive PoY honors, and MVP. The following season we will beat the Patriots in the SB to the tune of 65 - 3.

What kinda pipe dream is that? The Pat's getting back to the SB? They are done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What kinda pipe dream is that? The Pat's getting back to the SB? They are done.

Lol...well done, sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Get a clue, both Mariota and Glennon looked better than Winston did. Glennons mechanics are so much better than Winstons as well. If Winston ever goes down, we might be better off with Glennon.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Get a clue, both Mariota and Glennon looked better than Winston did. Glennons mechanics are so much better than Winstons as well. If Winston ever goes down, we might be better off with Glennon.

Get a clue in deed. All 3 of them sucked the big one thus far. Debating who sucked less is a joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

mechanics arent the reason for a QB being great or not.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ehh it was 1 game, but people who are proclaiming we need to be patient and Winston is a project were the some of the same people who said that Winston is pro-ready. I expect Winston to get the Bucs to at least 8-8.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ahhh...yes..er...You can return to your home planet now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of disappointing posts being put up from folks who purport to be buccaneer fans.  I have watched the game a couple of times and there are a lot of positions that give me more concern than qb. One post sticks out in this thread, something about how important the first game of preseason is - just had to point that one out.  Jeez...

These aren't Trolls, they are Turds.  Why yall even giving them the time of day.  This thread should have never made it past 2 replies...If that.  The crickets are dying to chime in, yall need to let them... ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We should trade Vincent Jackson and Winston to the Packers for Hundley

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These aren't Trolls, they are Turds.  Why yall even giving them the time of day.  This thread should have never made it past 2 replies...If that.  The crickets are dying to chime in, yall need to let them... ;)

I'll be back after the game with more ammo I'm sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right?  I mean, that touchdown drive was only against the first team defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks for the prayers because he has it, it is a miracle, and Excellent TROLL once again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am your new biggest fan....keep it rollin...keep on trollin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its alright you know the truth, he looks good overall

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it’s preseason but so far Winston has more passing yards, more rushing yards, more touchdowns, and less turnovers than Mariota but people still hating

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

I seriously don’t understand why this is still a debate on a Bucs board… Mariota will be good and Winston will be better!! He is in complete command of this offense and does so much pre and post snap that Mariota does not and has not done in his entire career. Mariota looked to the sidelines for his adjustments. Sure he can run a faster 40 which is cool for you Madden XBox players to use but in the NfL you need a whole lot of what Jameis has….. End of Story! Put it to bed and pull for the Bucs!

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

I know it's preseason but so far Winston has more passing yards, more rushing yards, more touchdowns, and less turnovers than Mariota but people still hating

Exactly! I will add that it's not so much what he is doing during the play but before and after. He is making checks and calls putting his team in great position on every play pass and run.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I seriously don't understand why this is still a debate on a Bucs board... Mariota will be good and Winston will be better!! He is in complete command of this offense and does so much pre and post snap that Mariota does not and has not done in his entire career. Mariota looked to the sidelines for his adjustments. Sure he can run a faster 40 which is cool for you Madden XBox players to use but in the NfL you need a whole lot of what Jameis has..... End of Story! Put it to bed and pull for the Bucs!

But... but... sometimes Winston doesn't look smooth when he runs!  BUST!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like I'm out of ammo. Can't say anything negative about Winston tonight. He looked good for the most part and I'm happy with his performance. What I liked most was his command of the huddle tonight. Good job Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like I'm out of ammo. Can't say anything negative about Winston tonight. He looked good for the most part and I'm happy with his performance. What I liked most was his command of the huddle tonight. Good job Winston.

You saw what FSU fans have seen for the last 2 years.  That being said it is just pre Season and while his performance tonight looked good as did Glennon until the real bullets fly it means little.  Nice to see any win.  TOO MANY PENALTIES!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I seriously don't understand why this is still a debate on a Bucs board... Mariota will be good and Winston will be better!! He is in complete command of this offense and does so much pre and post snap that Mariota does not and has not done in his entire career. Mariota looked to the sidelines for his adjustments. Sure he can run a faster 40 which is cool for you Madden XBox players to use but in the NfL you need a whole lot of what Jameis has..... End of Story! Put it to bed and pull for the Bucs!

But... but... sometimes Winston doesn't look smooth when he runs!  BUST!

More like BUSTed ankle.  He's so awkward in his movements...like a baby doe haha!  Im always worried hes gonna tear an ACL in his dropbackBut who cares, I loved watching him execute the offense tonight!

Please wait…

• mike25315

Participant

If you, of all people, can give him that raving review--it's good day in Tampa Bay. I'm impressed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ed5cfc1ed7d632d958f713e2881c715ee46ec8eb808a01d3ac384e4eb2ba6bc3.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know it's preseason but so far Winston has more passing yards, more rushing yards, more touchdowns, and less turnovers than Mariota but people still hating

Let'em hate brah.  Haters serve a purpose. We as supporters of the kid need to stay the course.  At some point they won't even be able to hate...as they'll have nothing to hate on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Until I am wrong please refrain from the name calling just because my opinion is not yours.........................................................OK............

Please wait…

• AMGIII

Participant

A whole lot of what Winston has? Forgive me, I can't seem to remember what that is. ...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A whole lot of what Winston has? Forgive me, I can't seem to remember what that is. ...

Swag...

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

A whole lot of what it is that is necessary to win football games.  Every game Winston is under center, the Bucs have a chance to win.  It matters not who is on the team, Winston just wins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A whole lot of what it is that is necessary to win football games.  Every game Winston is under center, the Bucs have a chance to win.  It matters not who is on the team, Winston just wins.

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing changed against Tennessee except maybe he played even worse. If that's possible.

Please wait…

Viewing 105 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.