Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 50 reply threads

• Author

• Runole

Participant

An atheist was seated next to a little girl on an airplane and he turned to her and said, “Do you want to talk? Flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.” The little girl, who had just started to read her book, replied to the total stranger, “What would you want to talk about?” “Oh, I don’t know,” said the atheist. “How about why there is no God, or no Heaven or Hell, or no life after death?” as he smiled smugly. “Okay,” she said. “Those could be interesting topics but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, but a horse produces clumps. Why do you suppose that is?” The atheist, visibly surprised by the little girl’s intelligence, thinks about it and says, “Hmmm, I have no idea.” To which the little girl replies, “Do you really feel qualified to discuss God, Heaven and Hell, or life after death, when you don’t know shit?” And then she went back to reading her book.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

And there’s not a single person on the face of this planet that can 100% say there’s a god, heaven, hell, or life after death. Prove me wrong

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

And there’s not a single person on the face of this planet that can 100% say there’s a god, heaven, hell, or life after death. Prove me wrong

Please wait…

and there is not a single person on the earth that can prove you are right. Your point?

That being said there is something in all of us beyond intellect and life that can’t be defined which I call the soul. Think about that.

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yup it’s called science.

All hail our science overlords

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Please wait…

and there is not a single person on the earth that can prove you are right. Your point?

That being said there is something in all of us beyond intellect and life that can’t be defined which I call the soul. Think about that.

Please wait…

Runole you are on to something. The Soul is actually your personality, your intellect, your feelings, your will, your emotions, your nature, the real you. Man is actually an eternal soul who lives in an intermittent body. The body dies, but your soul lives on forever. Actually death is nothing more than the separation of the soul from the body.

You don’t have to believe in God, heaven or hell. But you will know for sure one day.
      If believers are wrong, we have nothing to lose, but if non-believers are wrong, you have everything to lose. It’s your choice.

I’ve officiated hundreds of funerals. You can actually look at the expression on the face of a corpse and tell whether they made the right choice or not.

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

TRUE STORY
      Scientist found and entered the tomb of Charlemane, an Emporer of Rome, during the Middle Ages (circa 800 AD). His decayed bones were still sitting on his golden throne. On his lap was an opened bible, his bony finger was pointing to one verse of scripture.
      Mark 8:36 ” For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his soul.”
      What message was he trying to convey non-believers?

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I’ll just accept Jesus into my heart on my death bed.

Problem solved

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

I’ll just accept Jesus into my heart on my death bed.

Problem solved

Please wait…

What happens if your death is sudden and unexpected.
      Oh, I’ll answer that for you–TOO LATE.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

Yup it’s called science.

All hail our science overlords

Please wait…

To atheists science is an over lord? Science is ever changing as more information is discovered. Science should never be considered a religion.

Religious faith is absolute
      Just an observation but I find those that have the strongest faith seem the happiest.
      Agnostics and Atheists seem perpetually angry and unhappy.

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

The joke

@runole

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

IDK…you tell me.

I don’t believe. It isn’t that I’m choosing to not believe… I’m using logic, reason, occam’s razor.

You want me to fake it? Or you want me to attend church until attrition wins me over?

Like… what should I do if I don’t want eternal damnation? There are so many to choose from too! So do you all go? Only one religion? Do good people go regardless? What is good vs what is survival/instinct?

So many variables
      So many questions
      So many different versions of the absolute

Just an observation but people who are themselves and go through life true to themselves are the happiest.

Muslim
      Atheist
      Mormon
      Or otherwise…

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Why don’t you just ask God to reveal Himself and His truths to you. He wants to be found. It’s man himself that’s causes all the confusion. It’s not about religion, it’s about a personal relationship between you and HIM.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Just an observation but I find those that have the strongest faith seem the happiest.

Interesting.

Because, by my observation, I find that those who are typically most outspoken about their respective religion tend to be the most hateful and bitter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This:

“ Because, by my observation, I find that those who are typically most outspoken about their respective religion tend to be the most hateful and bitter.”

Runole’ post is “us versus them”

One Truth actually claims that alone knows God

So many people claim devotion but really it’s control they seek.

If you have faith then good for you but the idea that someone who does not is inferior and that you can show them the way is almost absurd on its face

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Interesting.

Because, by my observation, I find that those who are typically most outspoken about their respective religion tend to be the most hateful and bitter.

Please wait…

Notice you both are observing 2 totally different things. Donk you are observing those who are typically most out spoken about their respective religions, he is observing those with the strongest faith.

It is impossible for a child of the God of love to be hateful. As a matter of fact the identification card for a disciple or follower of Christ is his love, not his religious affiliation. This thought is confirmed in John 13:35 ” By this ” ALL” will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

The most perfect recent example of this concept was the people in that church where Dylan Roof walked in and murdered 9 of the members. Those people forgave him for that hateful act. That’s not religion, that’s God’s love in action.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“ He wants to be found. It’s man himself that’s causes all the confusion. It’s not about religion, it’s about a personal relationship between you and HIM.”

And yet you’re instructing, right? You’re saying you know what God wants and what he wants is for the other poster to “find” him. And that opinion (state’s as fact) comes from your reading of a book, but a specific book that is very similar to other books but not identical and yours is the correct one?

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Religion = Money

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

AND CONTROL . . the failings of humans arise when faith is converted to religion

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

“ He wants to be found. It’s man himself that’s causes all the confusion. It’s not about religion, it’s about a personal relationship between you and HIM.”

And yet you’re instructing, right? You’re saying you know what God wants and what he wants is for the other poster to “find” him. And that opinion (state’s as fact) comes from your reading of a book, but a specific book that is very similar to other books but not identical and yours is the correct one?

Please wait…

If you knew what was in that book( the most read book in history), that you are making fun of you’d be too shame to ever speak again. It is surely not similar to other books.
      Stick to subjects you have some knowledge of.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

If you knew what was in that book( the most read book in history), that you are making fun of you’d be too shame to ever speak again. It is surely not similar to other books.

Please wait…

You’re making my point for me, right?

“I know better than you what’s in a book” is fine, but you’re translating that into “I know what God wants because I know a book really well.”

and I presume you believe the Bible is very different than the Torah or Quran, even thought they overlap, have some similar messages etc. and your book (the Bible) is better than the other two, right?

By the way, I am not making fun of the Bible. I am pointing out that LEAP that one has to take from faith to “do it my way because I know God.”, which is religion.

the very nature of this thread is “my religion is good and you are bad if you do not agree. That is why Runole created it and you are using your knowledge of the Bible to amplify his thought, right?

How is that different than One Truth (other than the underlying belief)?

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Keep giving the church 10%.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Everybody always does.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everybody always does.

Please wait…

mostly you, actually

because you’re easy to predict

:-)

I predict Buggsy will post about me

I predict Buggsy will get a lot of shit wrong . .

I predict Buggsy will mokk me (spelling intentional)

(I kid, I kid)

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Not sure my question was answered.

I’m not atheist btw… I’m agnostic.

I don’t disbelieve religion… but my mind isn’t wired to be a believer without some level of inauthenticity…

Look for god? Cmon man…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think this was your answer, Schiano :-)

Why don’t you just ask God to reveal Himself and His truths to you. He wants to be found. It’s man himself that’s causes all the confusion. It’s not about religion, it’s about a personal relationship between you and HIM.

Please wait…

Respond by saying you did and God responded and she said she’s cool with you reaching out on your deathbed, even if it happens suddenly.’

Remember:

“It’s not about religion, it’s about a personal relationship between you and HIM”

Shoot, God is a him. Maybe you got the wrong number, Schiano.

I am kidding OBVIOUSLY, but just as a way to point out that OF COURSE your comment, Harry, is about religion. Religion is a SYSTEM of practicing faith A Hindu may have responded to Schiano by telling him his thought was fine, right?

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Please wait…

Please wait…

“I know better than you what’s in a book” is fine, but you’re translating that into “I know what God wants because I know a book really well.”

and I presume you believe the Bible is very different than the Torah or Quran, even thought they overlap, have some similar messages etc. and your book (the Bible) is better than the other two, right?

By the way, I am not making fun of the Bible. I am pointing out that LEAP that one has to take from faith to “do it my way because I know God.”, which is religion.

the very nature of this thread is “my religion is good and you are bad if you do not agree. That is why Runole created it and you are using your knowledge of the Bible to amplify his thought, right?

How is that different than One Truth (other than the underlying belief)?

Please wait…

The Torah is the first 5 books of the bible. And all I’m saying is learn what’s in the book before you make any judgment of it or against it. Read it and tell me one thing in it( JUST ONE ) that is not the absolute truth and I’ll throw all of mine away.

It’s not I know what God wants–It’s I know what God says He wants, because it is written in the book. By the way, the book says we are all bad. That’s why we need Him.

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Keep giving the church 10%.

Please wait…

I will and keep deducting it on my tax return and let God keep blessing my 90% for being obedient like He promised to do and proved to me in so many ways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So Harry, I will just use this one example from your won words:

“It’s not I know what God wants–It’s I know what God says He wants, because it is written in the book.

So, for example, the Gospel according to Matthew has a quote in it that is always used as ONE basis for evangelizing or proselytizing, right? Many Christians believe the Gospel is the word of God, as conveyed by Jesus though his apostle, Matthew, right? Matthew the Evangelist.

But the actual book, the actual are written by an anonymous author some 85 years after Jesus’ death, right?

In every realm EXCEPT religion, the passage of time before a story is recorded would be a reason to DOUBT the accuracy of the story. Teis is SCIENTIFICALLY true of witness statements, as on example. And, of course nearly everyone has seen people passing a story person to person and having it change.

So when you say “I know what God says He wants, because it is written in the book,” you are actually demonstrating your faith that the book is the word of God when many reasonable people would say its just a story written somebody perhaps inspired by God.

That’s why I said you were imparting your religion. Great thing for you to have, but not something that makes non-believers lesser people (see Runole’s comments). In fact, one could argue the more reasonable approach would be to be skeptical.

Zero disrespect. I applaud you for tour faith . . until you use it to judge others (see Runole’s and OT’s comments)

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

For me personally I can’t get past believing a book written by a human about a god nobody has ever seen. Oh and science tells us that a virgin can’t get pregnant by a spirt. I’ll never understand why so many people believe that. Don’t get me started about Noah and his animal ship. LOL

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

@harrybucman wrote:

Notice you both are observing 2 totally different things. Donk you are observing those who are typically most out spoken about their respective religions, he is observing those with the strongest faith.

It is impossible for a child of the God of love to be hateful. As a matter of fact the identification card for a disciple or follower of Christ is his love, not his religious affiliation. This thought is confirmed in John 13:35 ” By this ” ALL” will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

The most perfect recent example of this concept was the people in that church where Dylan Roof walked in and murdered 9 of the members. Those people forgave him for that hateful act. That’s not religion, that’s God’s love in action.

You’re right. We are talking about 2 completely different observations.

I was simply trying to point out the hypocrisy of many who tout their religion, and use it as a veil to hide their true intentions/thoughts/morals/ethics behind.

Obviously, I’m confident that you’d agree that these people aren’t true (or devout) Christians (or true and devout followers of their perspective faith).

That being said, I think there are many followers of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. that are devout, peaceful, and well-meaning. Overall good people.

Just like I think there are just as many who are the complete opposite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

agree:

“That being said, I think there are many followers of Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc. that are devout, peaceful, and well-meaning. Overall good people. “

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Right… so again, I’m looking for an answer that cannot be answered…

So it’s a catch-22 requiring BLIND faith.

But I don’t put blind faith in anything. I put informed faith in my passions.

In the end, if you’re gonna tell me that I’ll rot in hell if I don’t believe your god, then I’ll tell you to fuck off – because that is how I’m wired.

Conversely, if you were to tell me to be myself, to be a good person, to treat others with respect (including people of all faiths), to listen, to learn, to grow as a person…and perhaps one day I might change my tune on religion.

Well then you’d have my respect and attention.

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

So Harry, I will just use this one example from your won words:

“It’s not I know what God wants–It’s I know what God says He wants, because it is written in the book.

So, for example, the Gospel according to Matthew has a quote in it that is always used as ONE basis for evangelizing or proselytizing, right? Many Christians believe the Gospel is the word of God, as conveyed by Jesus though his apostle, Matthew, right? Matthew the Evangelist.

But the actual book, the actual are written by an anonymous author some 85 years after Jesus’ death, right?

In every realm EXCEPT religion, the passage of time before a story is recorded would be a reason to DOUBT the accuracy of the story. Teis is SCIENTIFICALLY true of witness statements, as on example. And, of course nearly everyone has seen people passing a story person to person and having it change.

So when you say “I know what God says He wants, because it is written in the book,” you are actually demonstrating your faith that the book is the word of God when many reasonable people would say its just a story written somebody perhaps inspired by God.

That’s why I said you were imparting your religion. Great thing for you to have, but not something that makes non-believers lesser people (see Runole’s comments). In fact, one could argue the more reasonable approach would be to be skeptical.

Zero disrespect. I applaud you for tour faith . . until you use it to judge others (see Runole’s and OT’s comments)

Please wait…

Where did you get the idea that Matthew’s gospel was written 85 years after Jesus’s death. That’s a lie. Matthew is the author of his gospel written around 50-60 AD. Jesus died in 32 AD. That’s not 85 years. Right?

You mentioned the word “inspired”. That word actually means God breathed. It’s a doctrine that states those 40 men may have held the pens, but what they wrote was breathed out from God. 40 men wrote those 67 books over a 1500 year period of time and there is not one contradiction in any of them. That’s not humanly possible. That’s some proof right there.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Is there any recorded events of god talking to anyone after these 40 men?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“ 40 men may have held the pens, but what they wrote was breathed out from God”

Your belief. Your religion.

“ The Gospel According to Matthew was composed in Greek, probably sometime after 70 CE”

Matt was a tax collector from Capernum (Palestine) on Sea of Galilee, right?

You will now say there’s a version in. Aramaic? The Hebrew Gospel … THEORY

All distraction for the point that even you talk of “doctrine” and breath through pens, right?

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Please wait…

Nope, everything man needs to know had already been said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

Nope, everything man needs to know had already been said.

Please wait…

This is the typical shutdown that often arises when people challenge another’s faith.

Nothing wrong with your faith and your religion

Just wrong to judge people who do not agree with your theory because it’s only an unprovable theory (faith)

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Almost 2000 years later and nothing nada???? Maybe it was an alien that spoke to them. That just as believable as spirt/god whatever you want to call Jesus’s Dad. LOL

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

“ The Gospel According to Matthew was composed in Greek, probably sometime after 70 CE”

All distraction for the point that even you talk of “doctrine” and breath through pens, right?

Please wait…

I have 20 different bibles and an awesome library and all my sources say Matthew was written between 50-60 AD. No bible scholar would even use the CE designation of time. So I would question your source. Yes the New Testament was written in Greek, that’s common knowledge. That’s why I had to take 3 years of Greek before I was awarded my degrees.

Your mind is already made up so believe whatever you chose. My bible tells me not to argue with you. So I’m through.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

I have 20 different bibles and an awesome library and all my sources say Matthew was written between 50-60 AD. No bible scholar would even use the CE designation of time. So I would question your source. Yes the New Testament was written in Greek, that’s common knowledge. That’s why I had to take 3 years of Greek before I was awarded my degrees.

Your mind is already made up so believe whatever you chose. My bible tells me not to argue with you. So I’m through.

Please wait…

If something was factual and not just a THEORY there would be nothing to make my mind up about, right?

That was my point.

You are trying to convince me that your faith is justified. You don’t have to do that. I didn’t ask you to. I just offered a different view

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

Yeap the FACTS are a spirt told 40 men to write down how the rest of the world was supposed to live/behave. How much money you had to give. Sounds like a hustle from 2000 years ago. LOL

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Harry,

Not sure if you saw my response to you.

Was curious to your opinion.

Please wait…

• harrybucman

Participant

Harry,

Not sure if you saw my response to you.

Was curious to your opinion.

Please wait…

Yes Donk I completely agree. There are far more hypocrites than there are actual followers of Christ.

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Thanks, Harry.

Just didn’t want you to think I was taking a shot at you.

Please wait…

• OneTruthisBack

Participant

here is the thread of Runole calling me out as someone that don’t know shit.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

here is the thread of Runole calling me out as someone that don’t know shit.

Please wait…

What an odd reply? I actually thought you would appreciate the joke that was obviously pro faith.

Please wait…

• OneTruthisBack

Participant

looking at the title i dont see how this is a joke.
      But to the agnostics and athiests who scrutinize religious beliefs as fairy tales and silly traditions take a close look at your own belief system. It is as un-scientific as it gets.

The theory of bio-genesis (from evolutionary theory)
      https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/biogenesis

All matter appeared from nothing. proven IMPOSSIBLE by 3rd grade science teachers. Something cannot come from nothing
      A cell “emerged” from the primordial soup. Proven IMPOSSIBLE by centuries of scientific data. Life begets life by Pasteur.
      Organic life forms gain DNA information through beneficial mutations. Scientifically proven IMPOSSIBLE by Mendel. No one has ever witnessed a beneficial mutation or a gain in DNA information, only a scrambling of existing information and harmful mutations have been scientifically observed.

Yea we believe in miracles and a supernatural being that operates outside of the laws of physics. Logically scrutinizing all of the data… atheists have more faith than any Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Scientologist, or Jew I ever met.

Please wait…

• Runole

Participant

looking at the title i dont see how this is a joke.
      But to the agnostics and athiests who scrutinize religious beliefs as fairy tales and silly traditions take a close look at your own belief system. It is as un-scientific as it gets.

The theory of bio-genesis (from evolutionary theory)
      https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/biogenesis

All matter appeared from nothing. proven IMPOSSIBLE by 3rd grade science teachers. Something cannot come from nothing
      A cell “emerged” from the primordial soup. Proven IMPOSSIBLE by centuries of scientific data. Life begets life by Pasteur.
      Organic life forms gain DNA information through beneficial mutations. Scientifically proven IMPOSSIBLE by Mendel. No one has ever witnessed a beneficial mutation or a gain in DNA information, only a scrambling of existing information and harmful mutations have been scientifically observed.

Yea we believe in miracles and a supernatural being that operates outside of the laws of physics. Logically scrutinizing all of the data… atheists have more faith than any Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Scientologist, or Jew I ever met.

Please wait…

Let me clear this up hopefully…The joke was the little girl putting the atheist in his place.
      I only put your name on the post because you not being an atheist might appreciate the humor.
      Obviously the whole post was misinterpreted by you. Have a good day if you want to.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO

Please wait…

• OneTruthisBack

Participant

it was lost in the translation I guess.
      Im just so accustomed to being personally attacked on here I didnt consider it the way you meant it.
      I get it now, and it is funny because its true!

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

OT is a victim!

Sound the snowflake alarms!

Please wait…

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.