Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• CenFlo

Participant

Hello all, newb here.I am in the final year (6 of 6) of my season ticket contract and I'm debating on whether or not I renew.  I took over a contract from a guy that was a long term (8 or 9 years previous to me) season ticket holder, so my sales rep thinks I've been a season ticket holder much longer than I really have.  I see no reason to correct her on that one, but anywho...I've been through 1 year of Gruden, 3 of the R. Morris experiment and now the Schiano fiasco.  The Bucs are without a doubt my team and even though I've suffered through more losing seasons than winning, I always remain optimistic when it comes to my Bucs.At the end of the day all I really want to see is a good game.  Granted I want them to win, but sometimes you just have to take what is given.  I have yet to leave a game early, I feel that I should not give up on the team.  With the exception of Morris's final year I feel that the team hasn't really given up during a game(s).  However, I do understand others feel quite differently about that statement.I know other season ticket holder's have been given their deposit back (in the form of a credit to spend at the games) and go year to year.  I feel I have some leverage here, but frankly I'm getting a little tired of walking out of Ray Jay dejected and tail firmly tucked!If/when the Bucs as a whole get their act together as a team and start giving the fans a good product, I do feel attendance will ramp back up.Sorry for the "Dear Abby" type of post, but I have a decision to make before to long and would kindly ask for the input from the forum members.

Please wait…

• Hate

Participant

every man must make and live by his own decisions

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I will not renew mine …

Please wait…

• CenFlo

Participant

I will not renew mine ...

Curious how long you've been a season ticket holder?

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

My 10-year club seat contract ends this season. If no changes are made to improve this team for next season I will not renew.

Please wait…

• fanofkit

Participant

Well, I''m already paying for next years tickets, because I chose to use the installment plan for the first time.  I only chose it because doing so locks in this years prices for next year, and I figured if we had success tickets prices might rise.  I've had my seats forever and it has always been a given that I would re-up,  but recently I have been more and more  reluctant to write that check.As to whether you should renew your tickets, I can't answer for you, but some things to consider:Can you comfortably afford them?How much do you love your particular seats?  Would it break your heart to sit somewhere else if you decide to get them again later?

Please wait…

• CenFlo

Participant

Well, I''m already paying for next years tickets, because I chose to use the installment plan for the first time.  I only chose it because doing so locks in this years prices for next year, and I figured if we had success tickets prices might rise.  I've had my seats forever and it has always been a given that I would re-up,  but recently I have been more and more  reluctant to write that check.As to whether you should renew your tickets, I can't answer for you, but some things to consider:Can you comfortably afford them?How much do you love your particular seats?  Would it break your heart to sit somewhere else if you decide to get them again later?

Yes, I can afford them.  Work pays for the tickets (I own the biz) and it's "Client entertainment" :)  It's not about the $$, it's about the Glazier's not putting a quality product out there.  IMO, if you want to fill the stadium you spend the $$ and have a good team on the field that can win games.  A winning record will put butts in seats.The second year of Raheem was a time when we (and I use that term loosely as a collective of the town and fans) thought the future was bright for the Bucs.  The following season was an eye opener and a tough season to sit through for a guy like me, but I did it.The talk was that we needed a disciplinarian and Schiano was such, but the record reflects that his ways (and play calling as far as I'm concerned) aren't getting the job done.  Frankly, I feel he has already lost control of the team and the Captain is no longer at the helm, he's been washed over board.Perhaps I am just venting a bit here...  I do appreciate the input from you guys.  I truly hate to give up on the Bucs, but I've also considered just buying individual games as opposed to being locked in to 8 games for the price of 10.  I personally don't considering presseason games as "real" games, but by god you're charged for them just the same.

Please wait…

• zsmith22

Participant

I say renew them, because with a new coach and franchise qb (Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel) this team could be dangerous next year. A turnaround like the one KC is having right now is very possible if you ask me.

Please wait…

• JasonOfthetower

Participant

I will not be renewing this season – but its more due to our financial situation than the play on the field. If our money wasn’t tied up in the comic book project I’m working on we would be back. Gluttons for punishment.

Please wait…

• CenFlo

Participant

I say renew them, because with a new coach and franchise qb (Bridgewater, Mariota, Manziel) this team could be dangerous next year. A turnaround like the one KC is having right now is very possible if you ask me.

Interesting you mention KC as they are my favorite AFC team.  God I would have loved to have Andy Reid as our HC.  I've always despised the Eagles, but have always liked Andy Reid!I do feel the Bucs are really only a few small parts from being a winning franchise and bringing exciting football back to Ray Jay and the TB area as a whole.Hence the reason for my trepidation on renew/no renew.  I am frustrated with the team at this point, but I don't want to give up hope.  :-

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.