Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• BucsBay

Participant

I’m starting the Bucs D in fantasy this week. In the Tampa 2 hay day under Dungy, the Bucs feasted on Rookie QB’s. This years Bucs are looking to harken back to those days of overwhelming speed with Lavonte David and Kwon Alexandar, and fierce inside pass rush with Gerald McCoy and a very deep group. I know Winston and Mariota are both rookies, but they are in completely different situations. We at least have some veteran, proven players, and everyone considers Winston a pocket passer while Mariota is just starting to develop his game in that area. I think the Titans are making a big mistake starting Mariota this year and not Mettenberg. Their future success is tied to the development of Mariota, and that depends a lot on the development of his confidence this year. The Titans indecision on whether to put Mariota on a conference call  demonstrates their lack of planning. If Mariota looks horrible on Sunday that lack of planning could lead to that current regime in Tennessee unraveling imo (not saying Mariota couldn't bounce back)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBeau is very good against rookie QB’s.  Why shouldn’t a fantasy draft owner start the Titans defense?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s the nice thing about Jaboo. When he looks bad no one bats an eye, not even him. That’s why he always bounces back. In fact, in every game I’ve seen him play, if he looks bad early he bounces back later in the game. This is the NFL, so I’m sure he’s gong to have games where he just sucks, probably 5 pick Brett Favre like games, but I don’t think this Titans D is the one to do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBeau is very good against rookie QB's.  Why shouldn't a fantasy draft owner start the Titans defense?

Exactly...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After the Bucs the Titans still face a murderers row of either really strong defenses (Browns, Bills, Dolphins, Texans), or top notch offenses (Colts, Falcons). A lot of pressure on Mariota against those teams, and the Titans are worried about what could happen if he gets a tough question on a conference call? I just think it would have been way smarter for the Titans to sit Mariota. If we would have drafted him, I would not want him to start this week either.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I don’t see the Bucs defense as a tough defense for a rookie to face. In fact until proven otherwise I’d say Mariota has an easy day Sunday. I think we bend don’t break and keep them out of the end zone, but I think we miss out on several sacks because of his athleticism. If we had some true NFL DE’s I’d say Mariota was in trouble. As it stands Mariota just has to worry about George Johnson on the edge. Titans aren’t worried.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he looks horrible it won’t mean anything for the Titans. He’ll be a rookie who had a bad first game. For us, hopefully it’ll mean our defense looked fantastic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota wont look terrible. He is way too efficient. I am expecting him to have a pretty good completion % but am not expecting him to look really good. I am expecting something like 18-28 185 yards 0 TD 1 INT. I expect him to dink and dunk the ball down the field and set up a few FGs. I am not expecting him to try to run the ball at all. He is a smart kid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs Defense lost to Derek Anderson twice last year, and a 3rd string Rams QB…They still have no edge rush, and although they played better towards the end of the year they couldn't protect a late lead to save their lives.I can't see Mariota taking many chances and will probably dink and dunk his way up and down the field against the D, while chewing up clock. But if I am wrong, and he looks bad, I think Whisenhunt rolls with him and lets the kid learn from his mistakes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota is very efficient moving the chains.  The big question mark is can he fire it down field if his team falls behind?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see the Bucs defense as a tough defense for a rookie to face. In fact until proven otherwise I'd say Mariota has an easy day Sunday. I think we bend don't break and keep them out of the end zone, but I think we miss out on several sacks because of his athleticism. If we had some true NFL DE's I'd say Mariota was in trouble. As it stands Mariota just has to worry about George Johnson on the edge. Titans aren't worried.

I like the Bucs defense's chances....Yes...the Titans are worried...They got as much to prove as we do..

Please wait…

• wesleyc

From a fantasy perspective I’ve seen the Bucs mentioned as a good start for this week, haven’t heard the Titans D even discussed. I don’t care who the Titans D coordinater is, they don’t have the same talent as the Bucs do on defense, and they don’t have any proven weapons that could really torch our defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As it stands Mariota just has to worry about George Johnson on the edge. Titans aren't worried.

Josh McCown and his ringing bells might disagree with that assessment!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's the nice thing about Jaboo. When he looks bad no one bats an eye, not even him. That's why he always bounces back. In fact, in every game I've seen him play, if he looks bad early he bounces back later in the game. This is the NFL, so I'm sure he's gong to have games where he just sucks, probably 5 pick Brett Favre like games, but I don't think this Titans D is the one to do it.

When he looks bad nobody bats an eye? You should see this board.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

As it stands Mariota just has to worry about George Johnson on the edge. Titans aren't worried.

Again, the Titans aren't worried.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I don't see the Bucs defense as a tough defense for a rookie to face. In fact until proven otherwise I'd say Mariota has an easy day Sunday. I think we bend don't break and keep them out of the end zone, but I think we miss out on several sacks because of his athleticism. If we had some true NFL DE's I'd say Mariota was in trouble. As it stands Mariota just has to worry about George Johnson on the edge. Titans aren't worried.

I like the Bucs defense's chances....Yes...the Titans are worried...They got as much to prove as we do..

Listen, I hope we look like the reincarnation of the 1999 Buc defense. I just don't see it. No edge rush worries me. The Browns game was the only preseason game that I thought our starting DL looked good. Otherwise they've been underwhelming. I hope Kwon becomes everything we think he is, but we have seen others struggle in this defense during their first year. All it takes in one person off assignment and the whole defense falls apart like last year.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

LeBeau is very good against rookie QB's.  Why shouldn't a fantasy draft owner start the Titans defense?

My idea would be that LeBeau may not be able to mimic in the Titans what he did for Pittsburgh.While his defenses are good, he's placing a new system on an entirely different group of players. In Pittsburgh, he's had years to develop his scheme.Everything I've read on Fantasy Reports list anyone going up against Tennessee's defense as a definite start. Commentators on NFL Network's Friday show flat out called them bad.I look at it somewhere in the middle. LeBeau may make them better, but I doubt the Titans are going to be a defensive powerhouse this year.Additionally, LeBeau's defense was one of our two wins last year, with the miserable team we fielded. If we can beat LeBeau in Pittsburgh last year, this year against the Titans, with an improved Bucs team, should fair no worse, imho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see why everyone is hyping up LeBeau. Titans Defense doesn’t have near the talent he did in Pittsburgh. Both defenses suck and its going to be painful to watch.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I'd still like to see Mariota get Kwon'ed a couple of times, like McCown did. He put on one brutal hit.If that happens early enough in the game, Mariota may become a little off in his timings.Either way, it's going to be a fun game.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

I don't see why everyone is hyping up LeBeau. Titans Defense doesn't have near the talent he did in Pittsburgh. Both defenses suck and its going to be painful to watch.

Plus, we beat LeBeau in Pittsburgh last year. I doubt his defense this year has gotten better than the 2014 Steelers; however, we've gotten much better, at least prior to the actual season start.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again, they should be...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see why everyone is hyping up LeBeau. Titans Defense doesn't have near the talent he did in Pittsburgh. Both defenses suck and its going to be painful to watch.

LeBeau and the Titan's Offense has achieved God Like status amongst the Chicken Little crowd...

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

LeBeau and the Titan's Offense has achieved God Like status amongst the Chicken Little crowd...

No such status residing here for either group. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i am starting Bucs D also, but not for the same reasons.  i think mariota will have a pretty good statline, lots of short passes where we  make solid tackles.  definitely expect our D to give up one or 2 long drives, but come together late and preserve a W.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Mariota looks bad the fans should meltdown, revolt, call for Whisenhuts job, label Mariota a bust, and spend the rest of the year talking about how they should have drafted “-Enter Player Name here-” instead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie and LeBeau both run defenses that have been historically successful. The difference is our defense is far more talented and has more experience in said system. The Titans have a couple talented players in the front 7 but outside of that, honestly Winston could have a strong first game out. I actually think their offense has more talent than they're given credit for. They have a massive gap at RB and no dominant WR1 (Kendall Wright is above average), but they have strong depth at WR, Delanie Walker, one of the more underrated TEs, and a decent O-Line. We're going to need to scheme against those quick throws and screens and make the Titans either try to run the ball, or force Whisenhunt to call some 5-7 step drops. If we can do that, Winston and co. only need to put 17-20 points on the board.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Mariota looks bad the fans should meltdown, revolt, call for Whisenhuts job, label Mariota a bust, and spend the rest of the year talking about how they should have drafted "-Enter Player Name here-" instead.

Oh man, i was a mariota fan predraft, but to rub their faces in it by making them doubt their qb...now thats the stuff!Funny though, because whoever loses is going to get that rap.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Listen, I hope we look like the reincarnation of the 1999 Buc defense. I just don't see it. No edge rush worries me. The Browns game was the only preseason game that I thought our starting DL looked good. Otherwise they've been underwhelming. I hope Kwon becomes everything we think he is, but we have seen others struggle in this defense during their first year. All it takes in one person off assignment and the whole defense falls apart like last year.

Maybe we should wait to watch this year's defense play under a real game plan and not assume it will be a repeat of last season's defense.

Please wait…

• dalaca

Participant

Maybe we should wait to watch this year's defense play under a real game plan and not assume it will be a repeat of last season's defense.

I'm glad Lovie is calling the defensive plays this year.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.