Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

Everyone is talking about this guy and that guy, ignoring that the whole league has an enormous amount of cap space and the free agent class is weak. It’s going to be an overwhelmingly players market, STAY AWAY! The Giants and Bears each have over $50M of cap space, you really think they’re just going to let Jeffrey and JPP walk? And if they do, we’re going to be competing with 20 other teams. Raiders 87.1Jaguars 74.3Bears 59.4Bucs 59.249ers 53.9Giants 51.5Titans 45.7Broncos 42.6Rams 40.5Bengals 40.5Chiefs 39.1Browns 35.9Chargers 31.8Texans 30.2Colts 28.8Seahawks 28.7Packers 28.6Falcons 28.3Redskins 27.9Eagles 27.3Vikings 23.7Lions 21.6Panthers 20.1Cowboys 19.7Cardinals 18.5Jets 17.3Steelers 9.6Ravens 7.4Patriots 5.7Bills 3.6Dolphins 2.2Saints -2.5For Redskins I factored in release of RGIII. For Broncos I factored in release/retirement of Manning. The average amount of cap room is $31.5.  Do you really want to get in a bidding war over Malik Jackson, who averages 3.5 sacks per season. This is why we should have bitten the bullet in 2014 and paid Revis $30M to trade him. Only way you're getting better in 2016 is with draft picks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t they just keep hitting reset until they get all the players they want?  It works that way in Madden.

• Anonymous

Inactive

they will draft a DE early and latewho is the best "fast twitch" DE that should be around middle of round 1?

• Marcia

Participant

Nkemdiche will probably fall to us.  He concerns me, not for his off the field stuff but I am not sure he loves the game.  He has superman type plays then nothing.  DeForest Buckner out of Oregon seems like a pretty good pick for us as well.  I would rather us address DE in FA and us this pick on the secondary.  We need secondary help so badly.  I realize it's a machine where one effects the other going front to back but we need some secondary help and need it now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d suggest the opposite.  Our secondary has a number of guys who have had varying success in the past.  Our DEs are mostly guys from the trash heap.  Gholston is fine as a run suffer.  None of our DEs bring consistent heat.

Nkemdiche will probably fall to us.  He concerns me, not for his off the field stuff but I am not sure he loves the game.  He has superman type plays then nothing.  DeForest Buckner out of Oregon seems like a pretty good pick for us as well.  I would rather us address DE in FA and us this pick on the secondary.  We need secondary help so badly.  I realize it's a machine where one effects the other going front to back but we need some secondary help and need it now.

• billym

Participant

I think they sign a few guys.Gotta spend that cap money somewhere.Better to take a chance then sign chumps like Bowers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not that I’m disagreeing with the OPs premise but you can’t rule out the impact of having no state income tax and climate on free agency decisions.

• Anonymous

Inactive

we could have Deion back there but if the opposing QBs can have a cup of coffee in the pocket, their gonna pick us apart.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie seems to be going through quite a few players trying to find guys that can play DB. I guess it’s safe to assume Banks and Verner have no future in this league.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the sad part is, I’m not impressed by the DE talent I’ve watched in college either.Imo, their best bet is to draft two DL (one high, one low), and beef it up even more by signing a vet DE. Let the rooks get a year watching a vet, and hope one or both do well. At the very least tampa would have the ability to rotate the line more often, if lovie chooses.I hate drafting for position though, and not BPA, but there needs to be at least a little beefing up of our line.I'm against drafting cb high as long as lovie has his system. Seems pointless.DL on the otherhand, ..it might actually be correctable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll still hold high hopes for signing Olivier Vernon.  The Dolphins can’t afford to keep him unless they do some serious roster cuts.  He’s a FL boy, and already knows about the weather and taxes.  He’s a proven pass rusher (in a 4-3 even) just hitting his prime.  It may take 12+ million/yr to sign him, but it’s a better gamble than relying on the draft.  I agree with Bench, there's not too much to get excited about when looking at DE's in the draft.  I like Ogbah, and hope he's there when we pick regardless of what we do in FA.  He's no sure thing, though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think any rookie pass rusher has more than 4 sacks this year. Relying on a rookie to improve a pass rush is like relying on Loser Lovie to adjust his defense

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Licht needs to do the exact opposite of what he’s done in the first two offseasons. Go heavy on the offense in FA to bring in some veteran guys and depth and use the draft to add youth and athleticism.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.