Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• Buc45

Participant

It is interesting to me how people are so willing to part with picks to pick up older players on bad contracts but don’t want to use picks to move up in the draft to select elite players (who are also more cap friendly). Here is what I propose:

Sign Sheldon Richardson (or Poe), Crowell and Eric Reid

then… TRADE UP!

Take our 1st round, 3rd round and next year’s second round pick and switch spots with the Colts and select Bradley Chubb. We still have our 2nd rounder to take Penny, or Hernandez or a corner who fell out of the first round.

Our defensive line- Chubb, N. Spence, McCoy, Richardson, McDonald, Gholston

We get an elite prospect to rush the passer the next 8-10 years to go with a pretty solid group. The Colts might go for it because not only do they accumulate picks, they don’t have to drop that far and can even trade down again with all the teams wanting QBs.

• mgchat76

Participant

I’m not opposed to trading up for Chubb, but the team needs to really go after in FA to fill some holes. I don’t think Richardson will be in the cards because of his baggage, but Poe or Lotutelei should be on the wishlist. I’d like to see them get 2 interior OL in FA, too. Norwell seems destined for NY, but I could live with Jensen and Sitton. Reid would be a good addition, and then a CB. I like EJ Gaines. Oh, and throw in a RB. If they do all that, then I would have no reservations about trading up to get their guy.

• Dy-nasty D

Participant

If the Colts want to trade down, they probably trade w a team who wants a QB. Bucs would have to outbid teams who want a QB and a 3rd and next year’s 2nd isn’t going to do it.

I hate trading up.

• mgchat76

Participant

So trade up the #2. Beat the Colts to the punch. The Giants could still pick up Ward, Fitzpatrick, or James at 7. It’d probably would cost next season’s #1, though. Not the smart play, but sometimes you have to take risks.

• T.I. McCrown: King of the South

Participant

I think a lot of people are discounting the possibility of the colts taking Quenton Nelson. This is a team that has ruined the best QB prospect to come out in years by not protecting him. If the rumors are true that Nelson is as high as #1 on several teams’ boards they could pass on Chubb. I think we all need to pray that Kirk Cousins goes to the Vikings to keep those QB needy teams ahead of us.

• AntCam

Participant

I approve this message

Fire those Cannons!!!!

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

This team has a ton of holes on both sides of the ball.

If we’re trading, it needs to be down, not up.

• TBChucky

Participant

I love Chubb, but we’re not a Chubb away from the playoffs. Sit tight at #7 and take BPA non-QB, or trade down. Keep our picks. A third round pick this year could land us a good/solid guard or center.

• PassThePigSkin

Participant

If they sign one of the top DBs and 2 new starters for our Oline I wouldn’t mind trading up for Chubb.

• mgchat76

Participant

The team has a boatload of cash to fill as many holes as they want during FA, and would still have 5 draft picks even if they traded several of them away. That is only if Licht nuts up and closes some deals, though. If there’s a player that you have ranked head and shoulders above all the others, then go up and get him. If they just sign Clayborn and Morris Claiborne, then they absolutely can not trade up.

• JC5100

Participant

We haven’t made playoffs in 10 years and people want to trade our 2019 #1

• Pepsi

Participant

DonkeyHunter
      Mar 9, 18 at 7:37 am #1066050
      This team has a ton of holes on both sides of the ball.

If we’re trading, it needs to be down, not up.

I disagree, trading a couple draft picks away isnt going to be the end of the world especially when youre landing a high odds great player at the position of biggest need. in this scenario you loose 2 picks, a third and next years 2nd. one draft pick this year, and one draft pick next year. thats nothing.. you still have many picks both years and as well all know half of those picks dont work out. At least youre getting the one guy you think has the best shot at working out.

The only thing wrong about this is that its unrealistic. No way we can move to pick 3 with just a 3rd and next years second. If that were the case it would be a no brainer. Dont see how you can convince yourself its bad to draft chubb because that third round pick could be special.

• Buc45

Participant

Actually, I said our 1st and 3rd this year and next years 2nd. That is about the right amount of points (according to the universal draft chart people use) to move up.

• Pepsi

Participant

However, if Broncos dont land Cousins, and it seems very probable that theyll be drafting a QB, then #1 option right now is to remain at 7 and draft Nelson. Im fully on board with Chubb trade up scenarios tho. Having him on the team will pay off greatly one day. People said the same thing about Bosa – “too many holes, cant trade up”. who is that your glad we have on this team and didnt risk losing by trading up for Bosa? some day you guys gotta be willing to see us go get the Joey Bosas, and Clowneys.

• mgchat76

Participant

Exactly, so in the last 10 yrs signing “bargain” FA and letting the draft “come to us” apparently isn’t working. Maybe it’s time to get aggressive and get the best players where the biggest needs are.

• JC5100

Participant

This team is not in position to trade future picks.

• Pepsi

Participant

JC5100
      Mar 9, 18 at 9:10 am #1066080
      This team is not in position to trade future picks.

When were we ever in a position to trade future picks though? and yet if we look back this team would have been way better off many times if they did

• Buc45

Participant

Chubb is worth it

• JC5100

Participant

@Pepsi
      In 2002 when we had hall of Famers and legit (not fake) pro bowlers all over the field. It was the middle of the window.

Right now the roster is a mess, how could you let Licht trade away future picks when he’s probably not even going to be GM next year.

• BucsWin31

Participant

T.I. McCrown: King Of The South
      Mar 9, 18 at 6:04 am #1066035
      I think a lot of people are discounting the possibility of the colts taking Quenton Nelson. This is a team that has ruined the best QB prospect to come out in years by not protecting him. If the rumors are true that Nelson is as high as #1 on several teams’ boards they could pass on Chubb. I think we all need to pray that Kirk Cousins goes to the Vikings to keep those QB needy teams ahead of us.

Exactly just because the “experts” say Chubb doesn’t mean that’s where they’ll go. You got a qb coming off an injury you should def try to protect him

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Right now the roster is a mess, how could you let Licht trade away future picks when he’s probably not even going to be GM next year.

I’ve been preaching this from the start and it’s been my biggest point as to why it WON’T happen.

Essentially a lame duck GM and coaching staff. We start donking off premium picks this year and next year (sorry, but let’s stop pretending like moving up won’t cost us next year’s 1st rounder and more), and name a good GM or HC that would want to come here.

Small market, mediocre at best roster, and no premium picks in 2019. Wow…what a great situation to walk into. I’m sure there will be a line at OBP of qualified candidates.

• GermCanBuc

Participant

Mgchat76
      Mar 9, 18 at 8:38 am #1066064

If there’s a player that you have ranked head and shoulders above all the others, then go up and get him.

——————————————–

While I normally agree with that logic, I think we tried that with Aguayo. We all remember how that turned out.

• BucsBay

Participant

I’d trade up to #2 for Chubb at would I’d estimate the price to be this years #1 and #3, next years #1, and 2020 #3. He’s the one player we could draft that could completely change our fortunes on D. James is a beast, I believe in Davenport, but I think Chubb is just that type of dude.

• mgchat76

Participant

I would hope the Glazers aren’t thinking that this is Licht’s last season, if they are they should have fired him already. How would this team look if they traded up instead of down in 2016 and picked Jalen Ramsey instead of VG3? If they have Chubb graded significantly higher than any other DE in this draft, then they should pull the trigger. Only the Bucs front office knows if they do have him graded like that, but most everyone else does. I’d be tired of getting the consolation prize and then watch it not work out. I wouldn’t fault a team for reaching for the grand prize even if it doesn’t work out.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.