Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• Colin in Canada

Participant

This is a post that only a few people will probably get… lolTonight while watching NFL network (Yes I am watching NFL network even though there isnt much news) I watched about a half hour of Hard Knocks with the cowboys.  I have seen these eps before and I even remembered the theme of this episode.  I remembered how the rookie TE Martellus Bennet had a really tough time in the episode.  I also remembered this pest of a coach just all over Bennett giving him a hard time and just really blowing his confidence all to hell.  I did not remember who the coach was but I remember watching this episode and thinking man I would not want to play for that guy and that this coach would have made coming into work just a brutal grind. That coach was John Garrett.  He was the bucs WR coach last season and between him and schiano I bet the few bucs WRs still on this team are happy that Garrett is now gone.  I think that this new coaching staff is going to get more out the players because they are loose and the players will respond to them and give them their best effort.  In my opinion players should be focused on making a play instead of being focused on not screwing up.  i couldnt find any clips online but im sure im not the only one who saw this.Also one other thing I noticed is that the head coach from the first season the cowboys were on hard knocks (2002 i think) was back with the team as DB coach.  I think Raheem will eventually be back and I would welcome him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad the WR coach from Schiano’s first year moved on to college.  He did a great job. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad the WR coach from Schiano's first year moved on to college.  He did a great job.

PJ Fleck. His Western Michigan Broncos went 1-11 last year. The beat UMass 31-30. Edit: He was definitely a good WR coach. Just posted the college team record in case anyone was curious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too bad the WR coach from Schiano's first year moved on to college.  He did a great job.

PJ Fleck. His Western Michigan Broncos went 1-11 last year. The beat UMass 31-30. Edit: He was definitely a good WR coach. Just posted the college team record in case anyone was curious.

Thanks for doing that, I was curious as to how well he did.  Not going to judge him on his record as WMich falls a little short of my CFB radar so I dont know what kind of talent he inherited or who all he had to play.  He was definitely a hell of a WR coach. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

fleck is one to watch. will be curious to see what he can do in years 2 and 3. if he can up the wins to 5 this year and 8 next year it will be a good sign that he has the chops. I can see him getting a bigger name college hc gig if it plays out like that. best of luck to fleck. he was one of the bright spots on schiano's staff.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I wouldn’t object to Raheem coming back to One Buc, if at some future date we found ourselves in desperate need of custodial staff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't object to Raheem coming back to One Buc, if at some future date we found ourselves in desperate need of custodial staff.

Thats a little harsh.  Rah is a perfectly fine position coach and if Frazier was offered another HC gig, I certainly wouldnt mind bringing Rah back as DC under Lovie.  Dude just wasnt ready to be a HC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

was not a fan of rah for hc but I think as a dc under lovie he could do real well. prob the best situation for him ... I don't know if he will ever be a successful hc .. just don't see the leadership qualities. but he was so young and it's possible he develops those qualities. that said I hope Leslie does well and sticks around for 5+ years. coaching continuity is under appreciated IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a post that only a few people will probably get... lolTonight while watching NFL network (Yes I am watching NFL network even though there isnt much news) I watched about a half hour of Hard Knocks with the cowboys.  I have seen these eps before and I even remembered the theme of this episode.  I remembered how the rookie TE Martellus Bennet had a really tough time in the episode.  I also remembered this pest of a coach just all over Bennett giving him a hard time and just really blowing his confidence all to hell.  I did not remember who the coach was but I remember watching this episode and thinking man I would not want to play for that guy and that this coach would have made coming into work just a brutal grind. That coach was John Garrett.  He was the bucs WR coach last season and between him and schiano I bet the few bucs WRs still on this team are happy that Garrett is now gone.  I think that this new coaching staff is going to get more out the players because they are loose and the players will respond to them and give them their best effort.  In my opinion players should be focused on making a play instead of being focused on not screwing up.  i couldnt find any clips online but im sure im not the only one who saw this.

What I saw was when the coach walked away, Bennett smirked at the camera in total defiance of authority. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hated the Garrett pickup when Schiano made it. Not sure what possessed him to think he could be a good coach, the wide receivers under the Cowboys sucked the year he was on the coaching staff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hated the Garrett pickup when Schiano made it. Not sure what possessed him to think he could be a good coach, the wide receivers under the Cowboys sucked the year he was on the coaching staff.

a broken clock is only right twice a day. in schiano's case it was when he hired fleck and drafted lavonte.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a broken clock is only right twice a day. in schiano's case it was when he hired fleck and drafted lavonte.

... and Glennon, and Barron, and Doug Martin, and Gholston, Spence, Means, M. James, Tandy,  Tim Wright, etc.    No, that clock was not broken.  Just had to deal with league leading injuries, MRSA,  and JF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

... and Glennon, and Barron, and Doug Martin, and Gholston, Spence, Means, M. James, Tandy,  Tim Wright, etc.    No, that clock was not broken.  Just had to deal with league leading injuries, MRSA,  and JF.

Don't leave out that he had to deal with a witch hunt media circus that wanted to burn him at the stake. He was a good personnel guy, but wasn't very good with other aspects of being a head coach, especially a defensive scheme that had Adrian Clayborn covering Darren Sproles, amongst other things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

John Garrett turned out to be a HYDRA mole anyways.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i don't see many names on that list that are really all that special. potential? sure. special? not sure. some guys like means, james, tandy, might not even make the 53 this year.

Please wait…

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.