Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

#Bucs RB Leonard Fournette has an offer to remain in Tampa, but the #Seahawks have been making a strong push to get him, per<br />
      @AlbertBreer<br />

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by Pennywise.

• buccnation

Participant

Let him go. There are better and cheaper options out there.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by buccnation.

• Pennywise

Participant

Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette is weighing an offer to remain in Tampa (Brady is recruiting him back), but the Seahawks have made a strong bid to poach him. Stylistically, Seattle would be an interesting fit.

• obuc

Participant

what is the offer? and why arent they mentioning Suh?

• Pennywise

Participant

Suh will be next I’m sure

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

5 mil or less im interested.

Otherwise sign someone like james white, Marlon mack, or draft another rb.

• BucD

Participant

Let’em go.

I kinda hope he chooses Seattle.

I LOVED Playoff/Lombardi Lenny, but there are a ton of guys that can give us the same things and at a more consistent level.

There are some good RBs in free agency that’ll be cheap and we still have the draft that has some really good RB prospects.

• Swash

Participant

Patriots also reportedly in the mix for Lenny.

Apparently Tom Brady is advocating hard for his return to Tampa. We will see.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Seattle? He would thrive. They run, run, pass, run, run, pass…

• Pennywise

Participant

I don’t see Lenny in Tampa next year , he will get more money elsewhere

White will be Bucs rb addition, one year deal

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agreed Pennywise. Felt the same since the super bowl ended.

• obuc

Participant

I read that they doubted Seattle would offer fournette more than 3-4 million. If that was the case, we should match that.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Don’t see that he’s better than the guys that have got 2-3m so far, and I don’t let his mediocre playoff run let me forget his regular season.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think we can do better than Fournette but he was effective for us when we needed it most. If he is back we should be happy to roll with continuity at that position. Also don’t think we only add 1 back this offseason. Think we add a couple.

• Runole

Participant

Blue state taxes a factor? agree they will look to the draft for another.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Runole.

• Swash

Participant

Runole – Washington is a “blue” state, and has no state income tax. And Massachusetts has a 5% state income tax, so I highly doubt that’s a factor either. We’re talking $50,000 per million dollars. That is hardly ever the dealbreaker some make it out to be.

• JC5100

Participant

Saw Denver put the low tender on Philip Lindsey. Super underrated back because he was undrafted and stuck on bad teams. Would be absolutely filthy in this offense.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I like Lindsey. He’s a grinder.

• RCKP

Participant

Let him go. There are better and cheaper options out there.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by buccnation.

Agree. He was underwhelming during the regular season, to put it mildly. Very good postseason and I wouldn’t mind him back for the right price, but he’ll get more money than that. And I think the feel-good vibe wears off next season if he didn’t get paid AND he’s still not starting.

• Barnz1

Participant

Jamaal Williams to the Lions 2 years/”up to 7.5 mil”.

So the base cap hit is probably 2mil given that wording implies incentives. The fact we missed out on a guy like Williams who is better than Fournette at everything because we’re so laser focused on keeping every single Bucs FA stings.

And it will sting even more if we keep Fournette on a similar deal. No thanks.

• Mic

Participant

Vaughn looked like a baller in his short time of platying but the ball security seemed to be rookie stuff. I think he’s ready to ball out this year. Marlon Mack is defintely a back we could use, could be the USF homer in me but he’s got the hands and the burst to make things happen in space

• JC5100

Participant

Lions signing Williams means Kerryon Johnson has to be available. For a 6th round pick it would be a good fit.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Fournette improved as the season went on, just like our overall offense. I’d love for him to accept the deal and come back with a year in this system behind him. He was a major contributor in the playoffs, and seemed like he was happy here.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

RB market is flooded right now. You can land a mid tier vet for $2 mil per year easily.

Build the trenches!

• Darktanian

Participant

The people who are calling for Lenny to move on fail to understand that Lenny is a 3 down back, and can be a goal line back. Lenny can do it all. Not very many RB’s have his complete skill set.

Lenny is worth every penny of 5 to 7 mill a season.

• obuc

Participant

Lenny wont get 5-7 mil I do not believe. More like 4 IMO. But he has been weighing out his choice. Now that we are in the real signing period, I would expect something to happen very soon and I kind of think he will not be staying with us.

Still, I am waiting for Suh Succop and AB

• Biggs3535

Participant

The people who are calling for Lenny to move on fail to understand that Lenny is a 3 down back, and can be a goal line back. Lenny can do it all. Not very many RB’s have his complete skill set.

Lenny is worth every penny of 5 to 7 mill a season.

Not in Tampa, he isn’t

• Boid Fink

Participant

Comp.

Do we have a 6th rounder?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

That’s right. Forgot about that one.

• Roy

Participant

We will have a 6th round comp pick.

• Darktanian

Participant

I’m gonna step out on a limb and predict…

1)Lenny stays in Tampa
      2)He gets a 4 or 5 year contract worth 28 to 50 mill

He’s a 2017 1st round draft pick, and only 25 years old with a great skill set that’s better than Jones, so he’s an upgrade. He’s worth keeping and paying. Quality starters are hard to find. Having two starting caliber RB’s gives a team great flexibility and superior depth.

And in an injury prone game, quality depth can be a major factor in their success.

But if Fournette should leave, it doesn’t necessarily mean the team will lose any hope of a championship repeat, but it does mean that percentage wise they’ve reduced their chances.

• buccnation

Participant

That deal would be brutal. Fournette is not worth that. As big as he is, being average at best in yards after contact and being a below average blocker is not a good combination. That along with being a below average receiver is a big no from me. I’d like to move on and get a better option in James White or Marlon Mack. probably cheaper as well.

• Runole

Participant

agree

• Darktanian

Participant

Fournette is not worth that. As big as he is, being average at best in yards after contact and being a below average blocker is not a good combination. That along with being a below average receiver

In Jacksonville Fournette played in 36 games in his first three seasons with the team. During that time, he rushed for 2,631 yards on 666 carries and 17 touchdowns. Fournette also showed his receiving skills, especially in year three.

Overall, he caught 134 of his 174 targets for 1,009 yards and two touchdowns. From 2017 to 2019, Fournette racked up 3,640 yards from scrimmage, eighth-most in the NFL.

He can pass block, reliability out of the backfield as a receiver, and a secure rusher.

In 2020 he carried the ball 97 times in 13 games for 367 yards and scored six touchdowns. He added 36 receptions on 47 targets for 233 yards and no touchdowns through the air.

Fact over suppositions and conjecture!

• buccnation

Participant

You’re not helping change my opinion. Fournette has a career 3.9 ypc vs Jones at 4.5. Jones was #1 in yards after contact per rush and #6 in total yards after contact in 2020. Fournette wasn’t in the top 50.

Fournette’s career catch rate is 76% vs Jones at 72%. Both are not good blockers.

If you want to say Jones should be upgraded then fine, but provide an actual upgrade. Fournette’s best attribute is running the football and Jones is much better in the category. We need a 3rd down back and there are much better options available than Fournette.

• Darktanian

Participant

<