Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 54 reply threads

• Author

• Pennywise

Participant

#Bucs RB Leonard Fournette has an offer to remain in Tampa, but the #Seahawks have been making a strong push to get him, per<br />
      @AlbertBreer<br />

• buccnation

Participant

Let him go. There are better and cheaper options out there.

• Pennywise

Participant

Buccaneers RB Leonard Fournette is weighing an offer to remain in Tampa (Brady is recruiting him back), but the Seahawks have made a strong bid to poach him. Stylistically, Seattle would be an interesting fit.

• obuc

Participant

what is the offer? and why arent they mentioning Suh?

• Pennywise

Participant

Suh will be next I’m sure

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

5 mil or less im interested.

Otherwise sign someone like james white, Marlon mack, or draft another rb.

• BucD

Participant

Let’em go.

I kinda hope he chooses Seattle.

I LOVED Playoff/Lombardi Lenny, but there are a ton of guys that can give us the same things and at a more consistent level.

There are some good RBs in free agency that’ll be cheap and we still have the draft that has some really good RB prospects.

• Swash

Participant

Patriots also reportedly in the mix for Lenny.

Apparently Tom Brady is advocating hard for his return to Tampa. We will see.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Seattle? He would thrive. They run, run, pass, run, run, pass…

• Pennywise

Participant

I don’t see Lenny in Tampa next year , he will get more money elsewhere

White will be Bucs rb addition, one year deal

• Boid Fink

Participant

Agreed Pennywise. Felt the same since the super bowl ended.

• obuc

Participant

I read that they doubted Seattle would offer fournette more than 3-4 million. If that was the case, we should match that.

• Team Pteranodon

Participant

Don’t see that he’s better than the guys that have got 2-3m so far, and I don’t let his mediocre playoff run let me forget his regular season.

• BucBalla85

Participant

I think we can do better than Fournette but he was effective for us when we needed it most. If he is back we should be happy to roll with continuity at that position. Also don’t think we only add 1 back this offseason. Think we add a couple.

• Runole

Participant

Blue state taxes a factor? agree they will look to the draft for another.

• Swash

Participant

Runole – Washington is a “blue” state, and has no state income tax. And Massachusetts has a 5% state income tax, so I highly doubt that’s a factor either. We’re talking $50,000 per million dollars. That is hardly ever the dealbreaker some make it out to be.

• JC5100

Participant

Saw Denver put the low tender on Philip Lindsey. Super underrated back because he was undrafted and stuck on bad teams. Would be absolutely filthy in this offense.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I like Lindsey. He’s a grinder.

• RCKP

Participant

Let him go. There are better and cheaper options out there.

Agree. He was underwhelming during the regular season, to put it mildly. Very good postseason and I wouldn’t mind him back for the right price, but he’ll get more money than that. And I think the feel-good vibe wears off next season if he didn’t get paid AND he’s still not starting.

• Barnz1

Participant

Jamaal Williams to the Lions 2 years/”up to 7.5 mil”.

So the base cap hit is probably 2mil given that wording implies incentives. The fact we missed out on a guy like Williams who is better than Fournette at everything because we’re so laser focused on keeping every single Bucs FA stings.

And it will sting even more if we keep Fournette on a similar deal. No thanks.

• Mic

Participant

Vaughn looked like a baller in his short time of platying but the ball security seemed to be rookie stuff. I think he’s ready to ball out this year. Marlon Mack is defintely a back we could use, could be the USF homer in me but he’s got the hands and the burst to make things happen in space

• JC5100

Participant

Lions signing Williams means Kerryon Johnson has to be available. For a 6th round pick it would be a good fit.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Fournette improved as the season went on, just like our overall offense. I’d love for him to accept the deal and come back with a year in this system behind him. He was a major contributor in the playoffs, and seemed like he was happy here.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

RB market is flooded right now. You can land a mid tier vet for $2 mil per year easily.

Build the trenches!

• Darktanian

Participant

The people who are calling for Lenny to move on fail to understand that Lenny is a 3 down back, and can be a goal line back. Lenny can do it all. Not very many RB’s have his complete skill set.

Lenny is worth every penny of 5 to 7 mill a season.

• obuc

Participant

Lenny wont get 5-7 mil I do not believe. More like 4 IMO. But he has been weighing out his choice. Now that we are in the real signing period, I would expect something to happen very soon and I kind of think he will not be staying with us.

Still, I am waiting for Suh Succop and AB

• Biggs3535

Participant

The people who are calling for Lenny to move on fail to understand that Lenny is a 3 down back, and can be a goal line back. Lenny can do it all. Not very many RB’s have his complete skill set.

Lenny is worth every penny of 5 to 7 mill a season.

Not in Tampa, he isn’t

• Boid Fink

Participant

Comp.

Do we have a 6th rounder?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

That’s right. Forgot about that one.

• Roy

Participant

We will have a 6th round comp pick.

• Darktanian

Participant

I’m gonna step out on a limb and predict…

1)Lenny stays in Tampa
      2)He gets a 4 or 5 year contract worth 28 to 50 mill

He’s a 2017 1st round draft pick, and only 25 years old with a great skill set that’s better than Jones, so he’s an upgrade. He’s worth keeping and paying. Quality starters are hard to find. Having two starting caliber RB’s gives a team great flexibility and superior depth.

And in an injury prone game, quality depth can be a major factor in their success.

But if Fournette should leave, it doesn’t necessarily mean the team will lose any hope of a championship repeat, but it does mean that percentage wise they’ve reduced their chances.

• buccnation

Participant

That deal would be brutal. Fournette is not worth that. As big as he is, being average at best in yards after contact and being a below average blocker is not a good combination. That along with being a below average receiver is a big no from me. I’d like to move on and get a better option in James White or Marlon Mack. probably cheaper as well.

• Runole

Participant

agree

• Darktanian

Participant

Fournette is not worth that. As big as he is, being average at best in yards after contact and being a below average blocker is not a good combination. That along with being a below average receiver

In Jacksonville Fournette played in 36 games in his first three seasons with the team. During that time, he rushed for 2,631 yards on 666 carries and 17 touchdowns. Fournette also showed his receiving skills, especially in year three.

Overall, he caught 134 of his 174 targets for 1,009 yards and two touchdowns. From 2017 to 2019, Fournette racked up 3,640 yards from scrimmage, eighth-most in the NFL.

He can pass block, reliability out of the backfield as a receiver, and a secure rusher.

In 2020 he carried the ball 97 times in 13 games for 367 yards and scored six touchdowns. He added 36 receptions on 47 targets for 233 yards and no touchdowns through the air.

Fact over suppositions and conjecture!

• buccnation

Participant

You’re not helping change my opinion. Fournette has a career 3.9 ypc vs Jones at 4.5. Jones was #1 in yards after contact per rush and #6 in total yards after contact in 2020. Fournette wasn’t in the top 50.

Fournette’s career catch rate is 76% vs Jones at 72%. Both are not good blockers.

If you want to say Jones should be upgraded then fine, but provide an actual upgrade. Fournette’s best attribute is running the football and Jones is much better in the category. We need a 3rd down back and there are much better options available than Fournette.

• Darktanian

Participant

“The relationship between Fournette and the Jaguars had been on thin ice for a while. Going back to 2018, when then-executive vice president Tom Coughlin spoke publicly about him and his effort as well as voiding guarantees in his contract, claiming his suspension rendered them null.

Shortly after, Jaguars owner Shad Khan fired Coughlin, two days after the NFL Players Association warned players of potentially signing with the franchise because of excessive fines and player grievances.

Heading into the 2020 season, relations took a downward spiral when the Jaguars declined his fifth-year option. The club then looked for a trade but found no takers, which led to his release. It did not take long for Tampa Bay to step up and take on Leonard Fournette.”

Nobody wanted to be in Jacksonville at the time. Despite the turmoil, Fournette produced good numbers.

• buccnation

Participant

He had good numbers? He had one year over 4 ypc. He’s overrated and a bust with how high he was picked in the draft.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

The Bucs are really a pass first offense. I mean they do have a tendency to run on first down at a higher percentage relative to the league but they truly are built as a passing team first.

I wouldn’t invest much in Jones or Fournette. Need a veteran third down back that is cost effective. If the Bucs want a bell cow they can draft one but I don’t see that as an important as it used to be.

Build the trenches!

• Biggs3535

Participant

1)Lenny stays in Tampa

That’s one helluva insane limb. There is no way that deal happens in Tampa. Somewhere else? Possibly, but no way in Tampa.

• Greattimes

Participant

I think Fornette is worth 4 years at 15 to 20 Million with a half of that in a signing bonus or worked in such a way to keep the salary hit for this year low.

• buccnation

Participant

No thanks. Don’t think it’s smart to pay our 3rd down back 4-5 mil a year. Especially when he’s not even that good and there are better options available.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Give me James White AND Adrian Peterson on 1 year deals to pair with Rojo and Vaughn instead of Fournette, but that’s just me.

I really wanted Jamaal Williams, he signed for 2 years $7.5 million.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Carson back to Seattle. Fournette now has his options down to Tb and NE?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Some of those numbers are insane.

He may return, but most likely on a 2 year deal, for around 11 million.

They have to lock up Suh, and then relax. The team will be back together, more familiar, more experienced, winners who seem to care about each other and the game…bring Suh back. He’s a presence in the clogs, and he scares QBs.

Fournette was a solid pass catcher in Jax, he is a decent pass blocker (not sure where all this “he can’t block” stuff is coming from…he had some good blocks that saved Brady’s ass a few times…they don’t stick in most memories but I remember), he also seems to have humbled a bit. Don’t forget he was a healthy scratch and he went about that like a grown man. He was a big part of the SB win, he had a great playoff showing (clutch), I think he still bounces for more money, like maybe Chicago or NY, and the Bucs will have to rely on the draft to bail them out. I think they are going to take that chance. But we saw how little Sneak Vaughn was used, and I have to wonder if it is because he doesn’t show anything special, he isn’t picking up the playbook, his film…could be all of it. But I’m not really sold on Vaughn at all. He really didn’t show much of anything, he’s JAG tbh. I wouldn’t mind AD on the roster to replace McCoy in that veteran spot-duty role.

• Swash

Participant

Vaughn issue is he couldn’t hold onto the football. The Bucs need to hire a drunk Tim McGraw to come in and ducttape his hands to the damn ball ‘Friday Night Lights’ style.

• buccnation

Participant

Regarding Fournette’s pass protection, I was going off of their PFF grade to go along with what I saw when watching the games. Fournette’s PFF pass protection grade was 28.4 vs Jones at 46.8.

According to Pro Football Focus, Fournette received the eighth-most pass protection snaps of any back in the NFL in 2019 with 83, yet posted the site’s sixth-worst grade out of 58 qualifying backs. Fournette’s grades were still among the worst in the league during 2017 and 2018 as well. Doug Marrone also came out publicly in 2018 and said Fournette needs to get better in pass protection.

I was also trying to post a couple of articles regarding Fournette’s pass protection but for some reason this site keeps denying me when trying to post them.

• kenntak

Participant

That’s very interesting @buccnation. That means Jones has offered better pass protection? If that’s true, we should not pay a lot for Fournette.

• Boid Fink

Participant

I am not so fond of pFF and their arbitrary rules. Never have been. Numbers are always all over the place.

Fournette had some good blocks. He isn’t Lorenzo Neal obviously.

His playoff run was fun as hell to watch. He came up clutch.

• Runole

Participant

Carson back to Seattle. Fournette now has his options down to Tb and NE?

Looking more like my Miss Cleo prediction might come to fruition.
      The best destination for LF is Tampa as he continues to salvage his career after being let go by Jax. Imagine how much better the whole team will be with a full offseason and the band back together.

• Greattimes

Participant

RB Lindsey formerly with Denver signed a 1 year contract with the Texans for up to 3.25 million. Is Fournette worth more or less than Lindsey?

• buccnation

Participant

Fournette wants good money and I get it, as a running back your chances of big money is few and far between. But, in my opinion, there are still better options available. Marlon Mack, James White, and even James Connor.

Hopefully White decides to come here.

• Greattimes

Participant

Marlon Mack has already re-signed with Indy.

• buccnation

Participant

Good looks. Not sure how I missed that.

• The Freeman

Participant

you’re not paying RB more than $2-3M in a pass first offense who run by committee…
      If he can have more $ and playing time elsewhere then good luck to him, James White should be better anyway.

If Licht pick another RB in Day 1 or 2 of the draft, better be the next Kamara or his level of evaluation for RB could match Kicker position.

• mjs020294

Participant

Bucs are in a good spot now. Fournette has an offer and I think he is only speaking to the Pats at this stage. If he signs there White ends up in Tampa. Or Fournette comes back next year.

• inspecto

Participant

Let him go . James White all day all the way.

• Roy

Participant

I think the Bucs probably have a deal in place for Fournette, but have to clear the cap space. I think it will be for two years or three years with ability to cut after two. Probably about $4 mil per. Throw in some incentives. He isn’t worth more than that, because he’ll still be splitting time with Rojo. Sure White is a good option, but having two guys who can pound up the middle is valuable, and it will be a 17 game season. Vaughn could be traded if he is the odd man out in training camp.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

I don’t see Vaughn being traded because RoJo is a UFA in 2022. I also don’t see the team resigning RoJo if the Bucs bring back Fournette on a 3 year deal as an example.

Build the trenches!

• buccnation

Participant

Would much rather have RoJo than Fournette. Fournette is a little overrated on this board.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

RoJo has better upside and that I agree. To me Bucs should draft a RB and let them compete.

Build the trenches!

• Buccaholic

Participant

James White has re-signed a one year deal with the Patriot’s. Gotta mean that Lombardi Lenny is coming back and waiting on those restructures. Probably the same for AB.

• Boid Fink

Participant

No doubt he is asking for three years. Bucs probably offered 1, around 3-4 million.

I think they need to sign AB first in this case. The receivers got banged up last year, having al that depth allowed the team to not miss a single beat.

Leonard is seeing a dwindling market, he may best be served by taking another 1 year/3 million type deal. Throw a few incentives in there and call it official.

• Biggs3535

Participant

1)Lenny stays in Tampa

These were always insane numbers.

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.