Viewing 47 reply threads

• Author

• The Buddy Hobbs

Participant

• Anonymous

Inactive

So who are we drafting #1 overall next year?

• Anonymous

Inactive

How do they get us ranked dead last based on what was said, they were very positive about the whole team, if you put a team dead last you are going to be pointing out huge holes.Doesn't make 1 bit of sense to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Amateur hour… Can’t even insert our new logo into their graphics

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see it now, "play bad for Mr. Crabbs".

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wait, #32?  But then all of them talk about how impressive our defense and offense is?So all that and they still think we'll be the worst team in the league?Not following this....

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here comes the Mariota chatter. Lol.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pick 1st, it'll be a QB....regardless of what 10lb thinks

• Anonymous

Inactive

These guys must think McCown is starting…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These guys must think McCown is starting...

Or they could be basing it off of Glennon's high powered offense from last season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or they could be basing it off of Glennon's high powered offense from last season.

So, you think Glennon starts?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Relax everyone, it’s Fox….What does the fox say?

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, you think Glennon starts?

Yep. I think he starts holding a clipboard Week One.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we pick 1st, it'll be a QB....regardless of what 10lb thinks

If we pick 1st we are indeed picking a QB.  There is no doubt about it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Relax everyone, it's Fox....

Post of the day.

• Anonymous

Inactive

F’n love it!Under the radar.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey, I like Fox….for football. But 32nd? That’s just ridiculous. Even during the Schiano-shatfest of last season, the Bucs were far from the worst team in the league. They aren’t even the worst team in their division. It’s absurd.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m pretty sure they mean we will be picking 32nd.  Boom !!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post of the day.

*for illiterate msnbc watchers

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post of the day.

I love how Fox News automatons just assume those who criticize their beloved bastion of truth are watchers of MSNBC. I abhor BSNBC even more than Faux. [img width=534 height=400]http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/tds-scrncap-for-fox-sake.jpg?w=650&h=487[/img]

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s hard to justify putting Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, Houston and even Buffalo over us right now. Even if you remove our draft/FA period and just consider the guys we’ve got returning from injury and the upgrade in coaching I’d say that’s enough to put us above these teams… then you add in all the new talent we’ve added and it’s obvious that absolutely no thought was put into these rankings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's hard to justify putting Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, Houston and even Buffalo over us right now. Even if you remove our draft/FA period and just consider the guys we've got returning from injury and the upgrade in coaching I'd say that's enough to put us above these teams... then you add in all the new talent we've added and it's obvious that absolutely no thought was put into these rankings.

While I agree with you, there is such an infinitesimal difference between the haves and have nots that it is not tough to truly rank all of the teams.  Being objective, I am not sure where I would rank the Bucs.  I do believe they can compete for a WC spot but understand how those that dont look at this team everyday would feel otherwise.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post of the day.

I love how Fox News automatons just assume those who criticize their beloved bastion of truth are watchers of MSNBC. I abhor BSNBC even more than Faux. [img width=534 height=400]http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/tds-scrncap-for-fox-sake.jpg?w=650&h=487[/img]

This is so true btw.  Just because I dont waste my life hanging on the nut sack of every Bill O'Reilly, Dennis Miller, Sean Hannity diatribe doesn't mean I am a lemming to some other network equally as guilty of brainwashing and breeding Boo Radley for the next generation.  Think for yourself people, politics are local as are breweries - get to know both!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's hard to justify putting Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland, Houston and even Buffalo over us right now. Even if you remove our draft/FA period and just consider the guys we've got returning from injury and the upgrade in coaching I'd say that's enough to put us above these teams... then you add in all the new talent we've added and it's obvious that absolutely no thought was put into these rankings.

While I agree with you, there is such an infinitesimal difference between the haves and have nots that it is not tough to truly rank all of the teams.  Being objective, I am not sure where I would rank the Bucs.  I do believe they can compete for a WC spot but understand how those that dont look at this team everyday would feel otherwise.

Maybe it's because I'm a homer but with the teams that I did mention I can't imagine any of them being legit playoff contenders, whereas I think we will be.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown starts all year and the defense is only “ok”, then I can see this team winning 2 to 4 games.  I don’t think that’ll happen though.  I think McCown will be benched at the bye week and I think the defense will be pretty decent.  After a 1-5 (or 2-4), start, I think Glennon plus the improving defense and Evans will finish around 7-9 or 8-8.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t take the round table discussion as them ranking us 32nd. Just the first team they were going to talk about. The tweet seemed like a mistake.But I was really optimistic about Fox Sports 1. Then they came out like a week before it released and said they wanted to be pop cultury and it was just downhill from there.McNabb has an IQ of roughly 12 and is supposed to be an analyst

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I couldn’t possibly care less about anything McNabb has to say. If we don’t win at least 6 games this year I’m going to be highly dissapointed, this team has a lot of talent.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I couldn't possibly care less about anything McNabb has to say. If we don't win at least 6 games this year I'm going to be highly dissapointed, this team has a lot of talent.

We have a ton of talent and proven great defensive coaching.  This team is a .500 team with a huge upside from there.  Tedford is the huge mystery for me.  No NFL experience.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown starts all year and the defense is only "ok", then I can see this team winning 2 to 4 games.  I don't think that'll happen though.  I think McCown will be benched at the bye week and I think the defense will be pretty decent.  After a 1-5 (or 2-4), start, I think Glennon plus the improving defense and Evans will finish around 7-9 or 8-8.

If we start off 1-5, then we're f*cked. You might be able to say the same for 2-4. And I highly doubt Glennon will be the "comeback" guy we need.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post of the day.

But you hang on the every word of Stewart and Colbert...The irony is delicious.

• Anonymous

Inactive

…I didn’t know LT was a part of fox network?Must be sharing his crack again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Post of the day.

Actually, I don't waste my time watching any of the national news networks. These channels are too overloaded with obnoxious politically driven agendas for my liking. MSNBC, FOX, even CNN could all be used interchangeably here.

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of y’all are getting wrapped around the number.  Which is the most subjective thing, in other words 99 out of a 100 people will have a different opinion.The actual piece was VERY positive in every way but expressed concern about the guard position and oline in general.The way those guys spoke about today's Bucs just reinforced my excitement for the upcoming season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Woohoo !!! Thirty-two?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally LOVE it. I think players tune out the media 98-99% of the time because in all honesty they have to in order to focus and because they know the talking heads are only doing what they’re getting paid for. That being said, when you rank a team DEAD LAST in the league, at a time in the off-season when players are off and have time to kill and actually listen to some of the bs, I think this falls into that two percent category. Remember they’re coming off OTAs feeling good, knowing the team will be competitive at the very least. And they sit down on their couches and hear this **CENSORED** on tv? Go ahead and put it on the bulletin board, cause its on.

• Anonymous

Inactive

/McNabb

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trying to figure out the logic on this one.1. We drafted at #7  - Which by my reckoning is the 25th worst team.2. People like our FA signings. Say it improved the team.3. People liked our draft. Think it improved the team.4. People loved the coaching changes. Treat players like real men blah blah blah so much better than the previous regime.Yet, the 7 teams behind us did that much better or we actually went backwards?  Scratch head!

• Anonymous

Inactive

If McCown starts all year and the defense is only "ok", then I can see this team winning 2 to 4 games.  I don't think that'll happen though.  I think McCown will be benched at the bye week and I think the defense will be pretty decent.  After a 1-5 (or 2-4), start, I think Glennon plus the improving defense and Evans will finish around 7-9 or 8-8.

If we start off 1-5, then we're f*cked. You might be able to say the same for 2-4. And I highly doubt Glennon will be the "comeback" guy we need.

It's not so much that he'd be a "comeback" guy as much as I think he might actually be pretty decent plus the general feeling of - the team will get better over time.  That plus the post-bye week schedule is easier than the pre-bye week schedule.  Also, if they go 2-4 pre bye week and end up 8-8, Glennon would only have to 6-4.  That's not hard to fathom.

• Anonymous

Inactive

This just is a head scratcher. Many analysts are saying the team improved in almost every area, yet will be the worst in the league? Really would like to see their reasoning behind this. Don’t watch Fox Sports show and now probably will never watch. Ridiculous. I think many have Bucs as playoff contenders and heard early line in Vegas is 7 wins.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this coincides with Vegas, they know something we don’t.

• Anonymous

Inactive

If this coincides with Vegas, they know something we don't.

They don't . Complete guess work.

• dandrews

Participant

Post of the day.

But you hang on the every word of Stewart and Colbert...The irony is delicious.

+1Boom goes the dynamite!

• dandrews

Participant

Fox is ranking us dead last because of our QB position more than anything else. I really hope McCown comes through for us, but we can’t count on it. He’s on his 6th NFL team and is 34. Yes, he had a great year with Chicago, but what are the odds he can do that again here? Plus, we were awful last year. We have made some moves, but I’m trying to be objective and I’d think anybody predicting we were going 12-4 and/or to the Super Bowl would be the crazy ones. I do think there’s a good chance we prove this prediction wrong and aren’t the worst team in the league. But I look at it as both positives. If Fox is right, we land our franchise QB with the top pick in the draft next year. If they’re wrong McCown played better than expected, and maybe even Glennon helped us a bit, and the rest of the pieces did well, too. Can’t wait to watch it all unfold. We go to camp this month!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Trying to figure out the logic on this one.1. We drafted at #7  - Which by my reckoning is the 25th worst team.2. People like our FA signings. Say it improved the team.3. People liked our draft. Think it improved the team.4. People loved the coaching changes. Treat players like real men blah blah blah so much better than the previous regime.Yet, the 7 teams behind us did that much better or we actually went backwards?  Scratch head!

It's because we lost all that Trust, Belief and Accountability.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alas, the team’s toes will no longer be on the line.  Heck.  For that matter, I bet they haven’t even taken off their underwear.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want to thank Lovie for telling Fox Sports to do that. Because there is no other logical explanation. If we finish dead last in the league this year this message board would literally melt a hole into the either and fracture the planet in half.

• Anonymous

Inactive

32nd means the team regresses from Schiano to Lovie.No Goddamn way. No matter how you slice it.

• Anonymous

Inactive