Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 70 reply threads

• Author

• JDouble

Participant

I know there is probably already a FA thread somewhere….but I didn’t feel like searching. The Packers have a projected $16M in cap space next year, but BJ Raji, Randle Cobb, and Brian Bulaga are all unrestricted free agents and I would think they want them all back. Plus, they have two 30 year old CBs in Tramon Williams and Jarrett Bush that are UFAs. Not sure if they will be high priority since they are both 30 years old, but if they both leave that will just leave Sam Shields as their only legit starter. If they can't resign everyone, maybe Bulaga makes it to free agency? Sounds like we will most likely cut/trade Collins....so Bulaga would make a lot of sense for us.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Although he is an RFA, I like WR Cole Beasley out of Dallas.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Saints are projected to be negative $22M. CB Patrick Robinson is an UFA that they might not be able to afford. Cardinals are projected to be $12M negative. RB Jonathan Dwyer, DE Sam Acho, and DT Dan Williams are UFA we might target.The 49ers are projected to be $11M in the red. Their UFAs include OG Mike Iupati, and CB Chris Culliver probably won't resign there. Could make sense here. Especially Iupati. Dolphins are in the red too, so MLB Kelvin Sheppard will probably be available.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Expect more signings like Clinton McDonald according to what Licht was saying.  It appears the Bucs organization is done shelling out big money to outsiders and will reserve it for only home grown talent.  Basically, OBP is no longer a destination for big name free agents.  They tried it out between Dom/Licht and it isn’t enough to hide the lack of drafted talent, never mind the fact the free agents themselves in general are under performing or are overpaid.RB, FB, OG, OT, LB, TE, CB, DE, S, KR/PR

• Anonymous

Inactive

Patriots had Brady redo his contract last week to help them out with the cap, but they are still projected to be $4M in the red. If they can’t get S Devin McCourty resigned, I think he makes a lot of sense for us. Dump Goldson and replace him with a 27 year old McCourty. Instant upgrade and he wouldn’t even cost more, since Goldson is eating up $8M/yr. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ravens are capped out. Tyrod Taylor probably won’t be resigned as they are reportedly very high on Keith Wenning. Tyrod makes sense as a back up to Mariota. Has the movement to do some of the same things if he has to fill in. DE Pernell McPhee is also a UFA.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign Jared Odrick, Jabaal Sheard, Iupati, and maybe Mike Wallace for a reasonable deal if Miami let’s him walk. I think GB is going to keep Cobb.Say no to Bulaga.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wanna see Derrick Morgan/Brandon Graham/Brian Orakpo here (one of the three) with his hand in the dirt in a 4-3 which they belong in, along with Malcolm Smith and a true FS like Stevie Brown or Raheem Moore! Maybe a fast TE Niles Paul/Rob Housler?

• Anonymous

Inactive

are they any good OL out there?I know Rodney Hudson is a UFA but im not sure the Chiefs let him walk. we need a Center and hes been pretty damn goodIupati will cost a lot but hes a good player as well

• Anonymous

Inactive

just draft at least 2 OLmen by the 4th and roll with it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Joe Barksdale OT – a RT that could improve our run blocking.Cecil Shorts WR - I'm not convinced Louisville Murphy is anything but a #4 WR. Shorts would upgrade our #3 spotClint Boling  OG - he's no iupati, but he would be an upgrade to OmamehJabaal Sheard DE - he shouldn't demand huge money because of injuries, but could help in a rotation.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign 2 and draft 2. Our backups need to be upgraded, too.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign 2 and draft 2. Our backups need to be upgraded, too.

I agree with this. get at the minimum a C and a G if possible. good OTs are hard to find in Free agencywe don't even need to get a great OG. even an average one will look stellar. im seriously ok with just getting competent but not great OL play at this point

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would look for low-key efficient signings with the team being very prudent in where and how they spend their money. Especially based on what Licht has stated the past few weeks. He stated the team will build through the draft and get its stars through that draft and will look to add players the ilk of Clinton McDonald via free agency. Which if one is reading between the lines gives the impression of buyers remorse after the failed signings prior to the 2014 season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would look for low-key efficient signings with the team being very prudent in where and how they spend their money. Especially based on what Licht has stated the past few weeks. He stated the team will build through the draft and get its stars through that draft and will look to add players the ilk of Clinton McDonald via free agency. Which if one is reading between the lines gives the impression of buyers remorse after the failed signings prior to the 2014 season.

if we continue to sign guys who play like Clinton McDonald did this year I will be very happy. especially on contracts like his

• Anonymous

Inactive

are they any good OL out there?I know Rodney Hudson is a UFA but im not sure the Chiefs let him walk. we need a Center and hes been pretty damn goodIupati will cost a lot but hes a good player as well

Stefen Wisniewski  C Oakland Raiders

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forgot about him.  He could play G as well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Forgot about him.  He could play G as well.

Just connecting the dots, but if Sparano were to end up in Tampa as OL coach, maybe there is a chance?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clint Boling  OG - he's no iupati, but he would be an upgrade to Omameh

didn’t he get injured a few months ago?

• Anonymous

Inactive

didn't he get injured a few months ago?

No he was busting ass on Sunday. He had one block on a pull on the goalline that rocked a Colts defender back badly.

• Anonymous

Inactive

didn't he get injured a few months ago?

He tore his ACL in week 13 last season.  He should be back to full strength by now.

• Anonymous

Inactive

do the Raiders let him get away though. they've got a shit-ton of cap spaceid be happy with either him or Hudson. both are good players

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to find a decent pass rushing end in FA , if at all possible , because we wont be able to pick one in this draft with the QB and Oline needs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to find a decent pass rushing end in FA , if at all possible , because we wont be able to pick one in this draft with the QB and Oline needs.

its a catch 22. we need both somehow. if we get a good OG or OT in FA we can get a passrusher in the 2nd. if we get a passrusher in FA then we go OL in the 2ndone of the positions MUST be filled in FA

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its harder to find good pass rushers outside the 1st round though , whereas you can get some beastly guards in the 2nd and 3rd.Our 2nd is almost a 1st though , so maybe can.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Orlando Franklin OG or Mike Iupati OG – Both can play at a Championship level.Jabaal Sheard DE - Played for Coach Cullen. Averaged 7 sacks at DE. Good rotation with Michael Johnson and Jacquies Smith.Walter Thurmond III NB - The best Nickel corner in the game. We can finally get rid of Leonard Johnson.Jordan Cameron TE - Played for Coach Embree. 2013 Pro Bowler. Awesome receiving TE trio of ASJ, Brandon Myers, and Cameron. We can finally get rid of Luke Stocker.

• Anonymous

Inactive

do the Raiders let him get away though. they've got a (censored)-ton of cap spaceid be happy with either him or Hudson. both are good players

I'm not sure where I read it, but I thought I saw somewhere that contract talks weren't going well.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its harder to find good pass rushers outside the 1st round though , whereas you can get some beastly guards in the 2nd and 3rd.Our 2nd is almost a 1st though , so maybe can.

there are a few that I like in round 2 that could be options if they gain a little weight. Eli Harold and Nate Orchard both need to show up at the combine around 265 for me tot hink they could work. theyre both playing around 250 this year

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not crazy about this draft’s pass rushers. I am hoping for Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes in free agency. Might wanna bring back Clayborn on a cheap one year prove it deal if we get Marenelli.

• billym

Participant

Not crazy about this draft's pass rushers. I am hoping for Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes in free agency. Might wanna bring back Clayborn on a cheap one year prove it deal if we get Marenelli.

Are those the best DE's available?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Greg Hardy, Jason Pierre-Paul, Jason Worilds, Brian Orakpo, and Justin Houston are probably going to be considered the top UFA pass rushers.I like Hughes and Graham because they are productive but shouldn't break the bank. I also wouldn't mind bringing back George Selvie on the cheap if we get Marenelli. He has been a solid player for Dallas under Marenelli.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Justin Houston is the only guy you break the bank for if he becomes available. 22 sacks this year ?? Good lord.  Something tells me the Chiefs won’t let that happen.No to Pierre-paul unless he gives us the home town discount. He's just a slightly better version of MJNo to Greg Hardy because he's a dirt bag and you'll have to overpay him.Orakpo might be a good option . Should come at a reasonable price because he is constantly hurt . Good risk-reward there. Every season he's played at least 15 games he's had at or near double-digit sacks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Orakpo and Houston, but we are stuck with Michael Johnson’s $9M salary in 2015….so I don’t see us getting a top pass rusher like that. Hughes or Graham might be more likely candidates because of a cheaper price tag.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Orakpo hasn’t been healthy in years. We would be foolish to sign him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats why i think Orakpo would come fairly cheap though. No one is going to offer hom a ton with the injury problems. Might be worth the gamble for the right price.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats why i think Orakpo would come fairly cheap though. No one is going to offer hom a ton with the injury problems. Might be worth the gamble for the right price.

i agree. maybe float an incentive laden contract and see if he bites

• Anonymous

Inactive

Orakpo hasn't been healthy in years. We would be foolish to sign him.

That's how I feel about JPP.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do we have a lot of cap space to spend again? Our main priority should be the lines, some good guards will be available. Very deep draft at guard as well. Maybe I'm being to optimistic but I think we can fix the Oline pretty quickly. I like the idea of signing Graham and Orakpo seems like a good gamble if the price is right.

• Anonymous

Inactive

When both healthy, Orakpo isn't even in JPPs league. JPP, when healthy, is a legit 1st team all pro.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure about that. Orakpo has played in 24 games out of 48 over the past three seasons and amassed 11.5 sacks. JPP has played in 43 games out of 48 over the past three seasons and amassed 21 sacks. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

JPP was great in 2011….and he suddenly looked good again this year in a contract year, but he has been average in his other three seasons with just 13 sacks in those three seasons combined. I guess I am more concerned with effort than injury. I feel like he has a good chance of being another disappointment like Michael Johnson. I guess I just don't understand what happen in 2012 and 2013. Why did he disappear for two years and then show up this year in the final year of his deal?

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Orakpo, I really just see this year as his first disappointing year. When he is healthy he averages 10 sacks every time and is a constant force. He only played two games in 2012 because of injury and then he played only 7 this year because of injury. His contract will reflect that risk, but if he stays healthy now, he is a guy that will make a difference all game every game.

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Orakpo, I really just see this year as his first disappointing year. When he is healthy he averages 10 sacks every time and is a constant force. He only played two games in 2012 because of injury and then he played only 7 this year because of injury. His contract will reflect that risk, but if he stays healthy now, he is a guy that will make a difference all game every game.

He thrived as a blitzing LB in Washington when healthy. Our defense doesn't really blitz LBs, as evidenced by everyone complaining about the way Lovie used LD this season. Do you anticipate Orakpo as an OLB here or a DE? IMO, his best skills may go wasted here if we bring him in as an OLB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a DE.

• Anonymous

Inactive

JPP had back surgery – in 2013 if my memory serves me correctly. He was dealing with the issue in 2012

• Anonymous

Inactive

JPP was great in 2011....and he suddenly looked good again this year in a contract year, but he has been average in his other three seasons with just 13 sacks in those three seasons combined. I guess I am more concerned with effort than injury. I feel like he has a good chance of being another disappointment like Michael Johnson. I guess I just don't understand what happen in 2012 and 2013. Why did he disappear for two years and then show up this year in the final year of his deal?

2010 he was a rookie and let's also remember how raw he was. Plus, Osi, Tuck also taking PT if I recall. 2011 he blew up (Tuck and Osi injured a lot). 2012 he did have a good year, but the sacks weren't huge. 2013 he had back surgery 2 months before the season. I'm pretty sure that the back effected him even early into this season. He actually started 2014 very slowly - most of his sacks came in the final 5 games of the season. He's still just 26 though.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right now we have a projected $30M in cap space for 2015. Cutting Goldson gets us $5M more. Cutting McCown gets us $4.2M more.Cutting Anthony Collins gets us $3M more.Cutting EDS gets us $3.7M more.Cutting Koenen gets us $3.2M more.So if we trim the fat and own up to mistakes, we have about $50M. If we trade VJax and Martin (not saying we should), we get another $10M and are sitting at $60M in cap space. So we can sign David to a long term deal and still make quick amends for last year's FA fiasco. They just have to make the right decisions. No faith that they will....but it can be done. I'd give Dotson a try at LT and go after Bryan Bulaga, Joe Barksdale, or Benjamin Ijalana to play RT.I'd do whatever it takes to sign either OG Mike Iupati or OG James Carpenter.I'd go after C Stefen Wisniewski or C Rodney Hudson.I'd also do whatever I could to sign Tony Sparano as our O-line coach and then draft a couple more offensive linemen somewhere in rounds 2 through 5. On defense I'd target S Devin McCourty to replace Goldson, CB Walter Thurmond to be our nickel, and a reasonably priced pass rusher like Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes. Then I'd hope and pray we get Marinelli to make what we have on the defensive line better.  I'd try to trade for Patrick Willis too since I think he could be a cap casualty by the new regime in San Fran. I'd try to trade Glennon for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Other smaller name cheap options I'd like for depth/competition....WR Leonard Hankerson, WR Greg Salas (Hawaiin  ;) ), WR Jeff Maehl (ex-Duck), WR Dane Sanzenbacher, RB Phillip Tanner, and DT/DE CJ Wilson.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know where your post went about Michael Johnson-JPP, but…I get what you are saying but totally different.Per PFF, JPP had 200 fewer pass rush attempts in 2012 than he did in 2011. So yeah, fewer sacks, but a lot less pass rushes. He also had more pressures, and 5 batted passes. I think PFF's description is apt - he's not an elite edge pass rusher, but he's an "elite edge defender." They talk a lot about his outside moves (this was before the 2013 season) being less developed than his inside moves. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/21/pass-rusher-profile-jason-pierre-paul/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right now we have a projected $30M in cap space for 2015. Cutting Goldson gets us $5M more. Cutting McCown gets us $4.2M more.Cutting Anthony Collins gets us $3M more.Cutting EDS gets us $3.7M more.Cutting Koenen gets us $3.2M more.So if we trim the fat and own up to mistakes, we have about $50M. If we trade VJax and Martin (not saying we should), we get another $10M and are sitting at $60M in cap space. So we can sign David to a long term deal and still make quick amends for last year's FA fiasco. They just have to make the right decisions. No faith that they will....but it can be done. I'd give Dotson a try at LT and go after Bryan Bulaga, Joe Barksdale, or Benjamin Ijalana to play RT.I'd do whatever it takes to sign either OG Mike Iupati or OG James Carpenter.I'd go after C Stefen Wisniewski or C Rodney Hudson.I'd also do whatever I could to sign Tony Sparano as our O-line coach and then draft a couple more offensive linemen somewhere in rounds 2 through 5. On defense I'd target S Devin McCourty to replace Goldson, CB Walter Thurmond to be our nickel, and a reasonably priced pass rusher like Brandon Graham or Jerry Hughes. Then I'd hope and pray we get Marinelli to make what we have on the defensive line better.  I'd try to trade for Patrick Willis too since I think he could be a cap casualty by the new regime in San Fran. I'd try to trade Glennon for a 3rd or 4th round pick. Other smaller name cheap options I'd like for depth/competition....WR Leonard Hankerson, WR Greg Salas (Hawaiin  ;) ), WR Jeff Maehl (ex-Duck), WR Dane Sanzenbacher, RB Phillip Tanner, and DT/DE CJ Wilson.

Like a lot of those ideas, especially the secondary targets of McCourty and Thurmond.  Iupati would be a pricey but likely excellent signing but I do not get the James Carpenter interest.  He's been injury prone, not particularly good and part of a bad oline.  Count me out on him

• billym

Participant

I like most of the moves, but we gotta have a reasonably competent backup QB. So we have to keep Glennon OR McCown.  If we could get a mid rounder for Mike, fine. Keep McCown to start early, and be there in case of injury to Mariota/Winston later on in the season.

• Anonymous

Inactive

JDub – while it would make sense to make some of those moves. I have a hard time believing that Lovie and Licht after experiencing buyers remorse over last years free agent haul and based on what Licht stated thus far that the team will be spending in free agency this year on name players. I would look for more bargain type signings centered around a money ball approach.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sign Jared Odrick, Jabaal Sheard, Iupati, and maybe Mike Wallace for a reasonable deal if Miami let's him walk. I think GB is going to keep Cobb.Say no to Bulaga.

Mike Wallace?  Hell nawww!!!!

• billym

Participant

Sign Jared Odrick, Jabaal Sheard, Iupati, and maybe Mike Wallace for a reasonable deal if Miami let's him walk. I think GB is going to keep Cobb.Say no to Bulaga.

Mike Wallace?  Hell nawww!!!!

Agree

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like a lot of the moves, but I don't see the team cutting EDS or McCown.  McCown will need to take a pay cut, though. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yuc, I agree. This is my dream…but I fully expect a much less exciting FA period. My main point is that if they were quick to admit their mistakes, we could replace a lot of the FA busts from last year. If I had to pick one move from that scenario though, it would probably be to cut Goldson and sign McCourty. I think cutting Collins, EDS, and Koenen to use their money on OG Mike Iupati and C Stefen Wisniewski would be smart as well. I thought EDS would be good, but he was average at best this season and often horrible. Collins isn't a complete waste, but he seems to have pissed off the regime and is on his way out. Koenen shouldn't even be on the roster.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually thought Collins WAS a complete waste. He seemed to play with zero passion out there. I thought watching EDS was a rocky road but I think he’s ok if probably overpaid. I agree with Yucs (and you) on the idea that Lovie and Licht will lay fairly low, and I guess the difference is that I think that's exactly what they should do. I look around the NFL and have yet to see a lot of compelling evidence that going big in FA works. A piece here and there? Sure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think you can go all Madden either. A piece here and there should be the goal. However, we have $30M in cap space, and if we cut the garbage from this roster like we should we’ll have about $50M. Gotta spend it on something.

• billym

Participant

I don't think you can go all Madden either. A piece here and there should be the goal. However, we have $30M in cap space, and if we cut the garbage from this roster like we should we'll have about $50M. Gotta spend it on something.

Throw some of that scratch towards the Josh Freeman comeback tour?  j/k

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought this was an interesting take from Bleacher Reporthttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2318259-2015-nfl-free-agents-making-the-call-on-every-teams-toughest-decision/page/31Biggest Free-Agent Decision: DL Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers has been an abject disappointment for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Head coach Lovie Smith was clearly evaluating him for the future with his team as the Bucs closed out the season against the New Orleans Saints, per Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times:When I talk about how important this game is for some players, a guy like Da'Quan, he needs to leave his mark. He's been around here a while, shown flashes. … When you know this is my last opportunity right now, you should get the best. He's definitely in that group of guys that need to step up this week.He did have a nice game to close out the season, and he is a versatile lineman who can play defensive end or tackle. Perhaps that has been part of his problem in Tampa Bay—Bowers has been pushed around the defensive line, which may have sabotaged his consistency and development.Still, when a head coach is saying things like that about you heading into a season finale, your days are all but numbered. Bowers doesn't really have the trust of his coaches in Tampa Bay, and that means they should let him go or bring him back strictly on a one-year deal.The Call: Re-sign Bowers on a "prove it" deal

• Anonymous

Inactive

Puke. That scrub shoulda been cut a long time ago.

• billym

Participant

Thought this was an interesting take from Bleacher Reporthttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/2318259-2015-nfl-free-agents-making-the-call-on-every-teams-toughest-decision/page/31Biggest Free-Agent Decision: DL Da'Quan BowersDa'Quan Bowers has been an abject disappointment for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Head coach Lovie Smith was clearly evaluating him for the future with his team as the Bucs closed out the season against the New Orleans Saints, per Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times:When I talk about how important this game is for some players, a guy like Da'Quan, he needs to leave his mark. He's been around here a while, shown flashes. … When you know this is my last opportunity right now, you should get the best. He's definitely in that group of guys that need to step up this week.He did have a nice game to close out the season, and he is a versatile lineman who can play defensive end or tackle. Perhaps that has been part of his problem in Tampa Bay—Bowers has been pushed around the defensive line, which may have sabotaged his consistency and development.Still, when a head coach is saying things like that about you heading into a season finale, your days are all but numbered. Bowers doesn't really have the trust of his coaches in Tampa Bay, and that means they should let him go or bring him back strictly on a one-year deal.The Call: Re-sign Bowers on a "prove it" deal

Hell, he hasn't had enough time to "prove it" already?  I would say he has zero trade value, so he will be gone.IMO

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, I live in Denver and was listening to the local sportsradio guys talking about the Broncos UFA’s this season.  They said they went back through the tape of this year and had some surprising things to say about some big names.Demaryius Thomas - They acknowledged his talent, but REALLY questioned his effort.  They said if they were the GM they would make him an offer but not break the bank.  They really eviscerated him over his lack of desire to block for the run game or fellow WR's.Julius Thomas - Similar to DT, they questioned how much of his success was due to Peyton throwing him the ball.  They also said he was one of the worst blocking (both in ability and effort) TE's they've ever seen.Orlando Franklin OG/OT - They said this would be the first guy they resigned.  He always gave great effort and had a passion for the game.  They also said his best position was RT.Nate Irving MLB - Another player they were really high on.  Admitted he's had injury issues, but said his play has been great when on the field.  Also talked about his work ethic and hustle.Rahim Moore FS - They were lukewarm on him.  They said he's played better over the 2nd half of the season, but when they compare him to Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas he looks average.Overall, I found it interesting because the Bucs should be in the market for a RT, MLB, and FS, and these guys shouldn't command top dollar.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Broncos are Dunzo . Manning by the end of the this season had absolutely no arm left. His age is showing now more than ever. Their window is closing. They can panic and blow up the coaching staff and shuffle players around but none of these desperation acts are going to change the fact that Father Time has arrived , and Manning is that team. They aren't even a playoff team without him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually thought Collins WAS a complete waste. He seemed to play with zero passion out there. I thought watching EDS was a rocky road but I think he's ok if probably overpaid. I agree with Yucs (and you) on the idea that Lovie and Licht will lay fairly low, and I guess the difference is that I think that's exactly what they should do. I look around the NFL and have yet to see a lot of compelling evidence that going big in FA works. A piece here and there? Sure.

Brandon Albert worked out pretty well for the Fins, I think you just have to pick the right guys to spend on.  I don't see Iupati simply falling apart.  Worst case scenario he's still a devastating run blocker.  Maybe JPP with McCoy lighting a fire under his ass will realize his potential for a full year. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wishlist:O-Line -Bryan BulagaRodney HudsonOrlando FranklinMike IupatiStrong Safety -Patrick ChungNate AllenPass rusher -Justin HoustonJason Pierre-PaulMLB -Rolando McClainBrandon SpikesCB -Brandon FlowersMock draft -1. QB - Jameis Winston2. OL - Ereck Flowers3. MLB - Ramik Wilson4. OL - Jeremiah Poutasi5. SS - Ibraheim Campbell6. DE - Deion Barnes6. C - Jake Smith7. OL - Jamon Brown

• Anonymous

Inactive

Broncos are Dunzo . Manning by the end of the this season had absolutely no arm left. His age is showing now more than ever. Their window is closing. They can panic and blow up the coaching staff and shuffle players around but none of these desperation acts are going to change the fact that Father Time has arrived , and Manning is that team. They aren't even a playoff team without him.

How soon you forget about your boy Tebow...shame on you.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thats different. Tebow had God cheating for him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manning by the end of the this season had absolutely no arm left. His age is showing now more than ever. Their window is closing.

One has to wonder how significant his quad injury was/is. Having it on his drive leg is significant, and had to have affected his already weakened arm strength since he never did return to "pre-neck surgery arm strength" according to reports. That said, if it was more severe than he let on, it made is already weakened arm strength stand out even more. If he heals fine, which he should, I doubt he's done. But if he is, he's been a great influence and mentor for Brock Osweiler and it will be interesting to see how he turns out after undergoing the "traditional" QB development route.

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW, I live in Denver and was listening to the local sportsradio guys talking about the Broncos UFA's this season.  They said they went back through the tape of this year and had some surprising things to say about some big names.Demaryius Thomas - They acknowledged his talent, but REALLY questioned his effort.  They said if they were the GM they would make him an offer but not break the bank.  They really eviscerated him over his lack of desire to block for the run game or fellow WR's.Julius Thomas - Similar to DT, they questioned how much of his success was due to Peyton throwing him the ball.  They also said he was one of the worst blocking (both in ability and effort) TE's they've ever seen.

Well both of those guys showed up on the radar after Peyton's arrival so it's rational to credit Peyton for their success. Very few players wouldn't succeed with a QB of his caliber at the helm. That said, Demaryius brings a great speed threat on the outside and I don't see Denver letting either of them go. Osweiler (if he takes over and Manning retires) will need weapons, and those two are better to have than what else is available.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I’d be really leery of breaking the bank for a target of Manning. Those stats are not all about him but most teams won’t ever see those cats sniff those numbers.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jacquizz Rodgers RBEddie Royal WRRob Housler TECorey Peters DTSean Weatherspoon OLBBrandon Graham DEKelvin Sheppard ILBKyle Wilson CBRobert McClain CBthose maybe some inexpensive options if the Bucs decide they were overzealous during last year's FA and may go with a more conservative approach this FA...

Viewing 70 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.