Freeman leaks from Freeman Camp …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    AlecEiffel
    Participant

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=100863The info comes from Kaufman via JBF. Not sure why PR hasn't commented etc.  Seems worth mentioning that a local guy who covers the Bucs says something like that.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

wellll……this is a media person with a “source”, so take it for what it is worth.  I suspect that it WILL die on the vine because it will point in the “wrong’ direction and the Bucs will probably take the high road and let it be.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Vin we have been working on some things, but as you know from your profession, this isn’t something you handle lightly without covering all of your bases. And the old, well he let the cat out of the bag so now we can pounce on it doesn’t hold you any less accountable when you are talking about this type of situation. I suppose we could write,  REPORT: JBF REPORTS KAUFMAN’S TRIBUNES REPORT, but give us little more time on it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

And Vince SR did actually bring this point up a week ago Monday:While Schiano took plenty of heat for benching and ultimately cutting Freeman, it was the right move, and Glennon’s high level of play with eight touchdowns and just three interceptions validates the move. Schiano has been vindicated, and his harshest critics – and PewterReport.com has been one of them – need to take a strong, objective look at that.The team remains incredibly confident that an NFLPA investigation will conclude that the leaks about Freeman came from his own agent, and PewterReport.com is researching this issue and drawing that same conclusion, too. In the meantime, Glennon is playing good football at the quarterback position for the Buccaneers.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Speaking of ongoing investigations, any more news or thoughts on the MRSA stuff and Tynes?  Things got really quiet on that front as well.agreed that Schiano seemed to have the right sense of the QB situation. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

PewterReportMC; I don’t see anything that you all did that was wrong or miss leading.  Right now we have a 1-8 record and the Coach has to be accountable for this failure.  The players have been put in a rough position to overachieve for a scheme that is underachieving.  In other words the players are playing with one hand tied behind their backs.  I like Schiano, but he is not an NFL Coach.  Maybe the Bucs will give him another year to make sure; I hope not.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s sickening to think how different this season might have gone if they had gotten rid of Freeman in the off season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It is also worrisome to consider the amount of second-guessing that we would be doing had we traded him in the off season.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

That is the problem dark uncle. How do you trade a guy who just set franchise records in yards, TDs and total offense, without spilling the beans of the real reason, if there were in fact issues? I think everyone, myself included just hoped it would all go away, Josh would grow up, and this would be a 10 win season. I really like Josh personally and wish him the best, but in this instance they were damned if they do or damned if they didn’t.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It's sickening to think how different this season might have gone if they had gotten rid of Freeman in the off season.

It's sickening to think how different this season might have gone if Freeman hadn't been such a selfish piece of shit.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

IF the investigation finds that Freeman’s camp was the source, I don’t expect the Bucs to trumpet the news, but I would expect a quiet settlement with Freeman to “not” claim his pay and the team will not drag him through the mud while he is seeking a new contract.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

PewterReportMC; I don't see anything that you all did that was wrong or miss leading.  Right now we have a 1-8 record and the Coach has to be accountable for this failure.  The players have been put in a rough position to overachieve for a scheme that is underachieving.  In other words the players are playing with one hand tied behind their backs.  I like Schiano, but he is not an NFL Coach.  Maybe the Bucs will give him another year to make sure; I hope not.

Maybe you might want to take a different look.Bucs would be 3-5  and/or 4-4 without stupid player mistakes. Some even from pro bowlers.It's not all on the coaching, IMO.  These players knew better bvefore they ever got here. Am sure the present coaching staff didn't drill into them  to make stupid mistakes that cost ball games. Goldson cost one and almost a second.Why are the players above reproach?We are to only measure what they do right?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t think it does the Bucs any good to revisit the Freeman situation.  I’m not sure there’s any investigation going on anyway. The Tynes situation is completely different. That's a grievance which will be settled by an arbitrator. I wouldn't expect there would be any real news on that. It's strictly a question of whether the Bucs have the right to place Tynes on the NFI list.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think it does the Bucs any good to revisit the Freeman situation.  I'm not sure there's any investigation going on anyway. The Tynes situation is completely different. That's a grievance which will be settled by an arbitrator. I wouldn't expect there would be any real news on that. It's strictly a question of whether the Bucs have the right to place Tynes on the NFI list.

AgreeI could be mistaken but the NFLPA was driving the investigation bus, right? If so and if Kaufman is right, of courses it's going to die (if it hasn't already) because the trail would lead to a union member. Frankly, as soon as the NFLPA came out and tarred Schiano it was pretty clear the facts were not in the NFLPA's side

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Vin we have been working on some things, but as you know from your profession, this isn't something you handle lightly without covering all of your bases. And the old, well he let the cat out of the bag so now we can pounce on it doesn't hold you any less accountable when you are talking about this type of situation. I suppose we could write,  REPORT: JBF REPORTS KAUFMAN'S TRIBUNES REPORT, but give us little more time on it.

MC, thanks for the response. Reading my own comment back I think I could've chosen my words more carefully. I know you guys are careful and I appreciate that, as I am sure most do here. Look forward to reading whatever you guys come up with. The Freeman thing pisses me off because it's so disloyal. The Bucs have nothing to gain by defending themselves further, they probably just want it to go away. So, that means Free and his agent really get off unscathed. Thanks again MC. As you know, I am a big fan.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.