Freeman leaks from Freeman Camp …

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think it does the Bucs any good to revisit the Freeman situation.  I'm not sure there's any investigation going on anyway.

The Freeman drama was a PR nightmare that the media used to trashe the team, the owners, the coaches and the GM -- basically everyone involved in the franchise.  The damage from it still lingers and while much of it can never be undone, some of it can if they can show Freeman did it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous
    Inactive

PewterReportMC; I don't see anything that you all did that was wrong or miss leading.  Right now we have a 1-8 record and the Coach has to be accountable for this failure.  The players have been put in a rough position to overachieve for a scheme that is underachieving.  In other words the players are playing with one hand tied behind their backs.  I like Schiano, but he is not an NFL Coach.  Maybe the Bucs will give him another year to make sure; I hope not.

Not sure why you like Schiano, but OK.  The problem I have with blaming everything on Schiano is that we could very easily be over .500 at this point had a few things that are not Schiano's fault happened -- the penalty on David, the many penalties on Goldson, Missed kick by the third FG kicker, missing time from MRSA for Nicks, getting something even just a little below NFL average QBing, avoiding all the distractions and drama from the Freeman media drama.  ANy of those things happen and we are looking at a completely different season.  Schiano wasn't good enough to overcome that.  Not many would be.  THere are also some clear flaw in Schiano himself and his coaching.  Trying to measure how much is on thing and how much is another is difficult at best. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think it does the Bucs any good to revisit the Freeman situation.  I'm not sure there's any investigation going on anyway. The Tynes situation is completely different. That's a grievance which will be settled by an arbitrator. I wouldn't expect there would be any real news on that. It's strictly a question of whether the Bucs have the right to place Tynes on the NFI list.

AgreeI could be mistaken but the NFLPA was driving the investigation bus, right? If so and if Kaufman is right, of courses it's going to die (if it hasn't already) because the trail would lead to a union member. Frankly, as soon as the NFLPA came out and tarred Schiano it was pretty clear the facts were not in the NFLPA's side

The NFLPA can't really conduct an investigation unilaterally. They need an ok from the NFL to talk to Schiano which the NFL was unlikely to grant.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think it does the Bucs any good to revisit the Freeman situation.  I'm not sure there's any investigation going on anyway.

The Freeman drama was a PR nightmare that the media used to trashe the team, the owners, the coaches and the GM -- basically everyone involved in the franchise.  The damage from it still lingers and while much of it can never be undone, some of it can if they can show Freeman did it.

Then you end up in a pissing match which could be a further PR nightmare.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don't think it does the Bucs any good to revisit the Freeman situation.  I'm not sure there's any investigation going on anyway. The Tynes situation is completely different. That's a grievance which will be settled by an arbitrator. I wouldn't expect there would be any real news on that. It's strictly a question of whether the Bucs have the right to place Tynes on the NFI list.

AgreeI could be mistaken but the NFLPA was driving the investigation bus, right? If so and if Kaufman is right, of courses it's going to die (if it hasn't already) because the trail would lead to a union member. Frankly, as soon as the NFLPA came out and tarred Schiano it was pretty clear the facts were not in the NFLPA's side

The NFLPA can't really conduct an investigation unilaterally. They need an ok from the NFL to talk to Schiano which the NFL was unlikely to grant.

seems like they couldAnd the NFLPA contends it has information the original breach occurred when Schiano discussed Freeman's status in the league's substance-abuse program with other Buccaneers players, prior to the quarterback's Oct. 3 release."We take the confidentiality provision of the policy as seriously as the union and will vigorously pursue any leads the union provides," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement responding to USA TODAY Sports' report Sunday morning."However, such information should be shared confidentially with our office rather than inappropriately leaked to the media before the investigation has been concluded."wonder if the NFLPA provided that supposed lead to the NFL?When an organization issues a statement like that through the press and then never backs it up . . . it usually means the claim was BS to start with.  The USA Today story was saving face . . .  "its the other guys that are holding us back"

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

seems like they couldAnd the NFLPA contends it has information the original breach occurred when Schiano discussed Freeman's status in the league's substance-abuse program with other Buccaneers players, prior to the quarterback's Oct. 3 release."We take the confidentiality provision of the policy as seriously as the union and will vigorously pursue any leads the union provides," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in a statement responding to USA TODAY Sports' report Sunday morning."However, such information should be shared confidentially with our office rather than inappropriately leaked to the media before the investigation has been concluded."wonder if the NFLPA provided that supposed lead to the NFL?When an organization issues a statement like that through the press and then never backs it up . . . it usually means the claim was BS to start with.  The USA Today story was saving face . . .  "its the other guys that are holding us back"

Not sure of the "they could" reference. The NFLPA needs the NFLs position to speak with Schiano which makes it a joint venture. Whatever evidence was out there didn't support an investigation...or at least seems not to have. So what you posted supports what I was saying.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

“they could” conduct an investigation. they allegedly had pretty detailed information about how the "original" breach occurred .. ..it allegedly involved "other Buccaneers players" (plural) They didn't need to speak with Schiano when there were allegedly multiple independent witnesses to the alleged "original" breach.wonder why the NFLPA never identified those alleged multiple witnesses to the "original" breach?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"they could" conduct an investigation. they allegedly had pretty detailed information about how the "original" breach occurred .. ..it allegedly involved "other Buccaneers players" (plural) They didn't need to speak with Schiano when there were allegedly multiple independent witnesses to the alleged "original" breach.wonder why the NFLPA never identified those alleged multiple witnesses to the "original" breach?

Yeah...and the only way the case advances beyond this level is to get the NFL involved...which they at least to this point don't seem to have provided. The NFLPA cannot punish Schiano.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"they could" conduct an investigation. they allegedly had pretty detailed information about how the "original" breach occurred .. ..it allegedly involved "other Buccaneers players" (plural) They didn't need to speak with Schiano when there were allegedly multiple independent witnesses to the alleged "original" breach.wonder why the NFLPA never identified those alleged multiple witnesses to the "original" breach?

Yeah...and the only way the case advances beyond this level is to get the NFL involved...which they at least to this point don't seem to have provided. The NFLPA cannot punish Schiano.

They dragged his name through the mud in USAToday . . . but, why does an investigation have to include punishment from the NFLPA?  If the claim is true put the evidence out there in public (just like the USAToday article). Turn the actual "information" over to the NFL and then blame them if they do nothing with itthe story was likely nonsense from the outset

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

the story was likely nonsense from the outset

This I agree with. The rest of it I've kind of lost what the points were...mine as well as yours.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It's sickening to think how different this season might have gone if they had gotten rid of Freeman in the off season.

They did get rid of him in the off-season. Glennon took just as many practice reps with the first team. Glennon played more in the preseason. The last move was removing the uniform.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It's sickening to think how different this season might have gone if they had gotten rid of Freeman in the off season.

Amen. Freeman being the source made the most sense from the outset. What I wouldn't give to see him burn for it. Hopefully he pays dearlyfor being a turf come time he hits the market this Spring.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Freeman’s market value will be slim and none.  Whatever went wrong here plus his clusterF in MIN will have him on the Aaron Brooks train to obscurity very quickly. He’ll be a backup somewhere next year but that “somewhere” will be a place where he clearly isn’t playing for the top spot on the depth chart.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think Freeman's market value will be slim and none.  Whatever went wrong here plus his clusterF in MIN will have him on the Aaron Brooks train to obscurity very quickly. He'll be a backup somewhere next year but that "somewhere" will be a place where he clearly isn't playing for the top spot on the depth chart.

PR have recently alluded at least twice now that I am aware of that Freeman had some "issues", they (Scott) went so far as to say they cannot comment at this time. It indicates that they are working on and/or are looking to substantiate something. If so, who knows where this is going?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Anonymous
    Inactive

That caught my attention as well. We have heard several outlets now allude to Freeman’s problems. Ronde mentioned personal issues that are big enough to be a distraction. I wonder if we ever hear anything specific — even category of what’s going on.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.