Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Giants: Josh Freeman says 2013 was 'rough all around' free_zpsc7eca53f.jpgJosh Freeman laments rough season in 2013. (Matt Stamey-US PRESSWIRE) By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger April 21, 2014 at 3:04 PM Josh Freeman stands as the Giants' best insurance policy for quarterback Eli Manning and his surgically repaired ankle. Despite some gaudy numbers between 2010 and 2012, though, he's coming off his worst season in 2013 -- both professionally and personally. Freeman was in the building today signing his contract, but also took some time to explain why he's better than the player many Giants fans saw last October in a hideous game at MetLife Stadium. “I think, as a competitor, I don’t really see myself in that situation,” he said. “It’s definitely a change of pace for me and frustrating on the field. I don’t really see that happening again as long as I’m playing. I expect to go out and when I play, play well. Last year was rough all around, but I’m happy to get a new start here and have an opportunity to be there for the Giants and see where it goes.” Freeman, who rejoins his former quarterbacks coach, Craig Johnson (now Giants running backs coach), in New Jersey, said he enjoyed meeting the other three quarterbacks and getting some work done in the film room. “Today, having the opportunity to sit in meetings and be around the guys in the room, from Eli to Curtis, Ryan, it’s a great group of guys,” Freeman said. “I’m excited and am looking forward to learning about everybody and getting to know the team.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, it’s tough when you move all over the place and can’t find a connect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

best thing about sports — he has a chance to silence all his critics

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to be tough to earn a crap ton of money for sucking at your job. I feel so bad for his not trying worthless self.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to be tough to earn a crap ton of money for sucking at your job. I feel so bad for his not trying worthless self.

LOLThose quotes are definitely his. There is just something missing with the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because he did so well with his last fresh start and took Minnesota by storm. This guys is going to get cut before the season starts and will be back in the unemployment line.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not surprising.Ralph Vacchiano?@RVacchianoNYDN·2h New QB Josh Freeman's contract with the Giants is one-year, $795,000 ... so league minimum with a small cap hit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor Joshy. It must have been real tough on the guy to have made millions of dollars for playing a game and then to have run off to drink and do drugs on his free time…… I guess its a hardknock life afterall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

^^^ I’m crying at the sig ^^^ lmaoAlso, Josh sucks.. He'll never start a game, sans injury to a #1 QB, again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Poor Joshy. It must have been real tough on the guy to have made millions of dollars for playing a game and then to have run off to drink and do drugs on his free time...... I guess its a hardknock life afterall.

LOLOL  that sig is hilarious

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano picked Mike Teel over Joe Flacco and damn near ruined Tom Savage’s career when he was 19

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano picked Mike Teel over Joe Flacco and damn near ruined Tom Savage's career when he was 19

Cool story, bro.  Meanwhile, your boy Freeman could only find a gig paying league-minimum, hoping he can beat out a couple JAG's for a roster spot.Schiano sucks, but he isn't the reason Freeman sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was rough for the fans who had to watch him, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was rough for the fans who had to watch him, too.

I disagree. That MNF game was one of the funniest I've ever seen.http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000267791/Week-7-Josh-Freeman-highlights

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Him pulling his foggy head out of his anus is a start.  He needs to kick back off his meds, because if he is taking them legally, he is taking waaay too much.  That, and drinking while on any sort of those pills he may be on is a no-no.He was just a messed up punk azzed kid who came in with a sense of entitlement, and was always surrounded by grown men who couldn't work together, and couldn't do their jobs correctly.  So Freetard falling apart is no big surprise, even if he didn't take pills and drink and whatever else he may have been doing.  But something wasn't right.Lighter, slower.Gradually got worse in basic fundamentals.Now this may sound stupid, but he is only 25.  Le the guy sit for three years, and he may learn some responsibility, and be able to utilize some of that god given talent he has.  He isn't accurate, nothing is going to fix that.  But he isn't so god awful, as we have seen flashes of him making some really dynamic plays.  I just hate the kid for trying to sabotage the team, and for not trying to man up and deal with his issues properly.  He leaked all this crap about the Bucs, and could have gotten them in trouble.  Just petulant.  Screw Freelove.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano picked Mike Teel over Joe Flacco and damn near ruined Tom Savage's career when he was 19

Not that I care about Schiano, but how exactly did he almost ruin Savage?  You mean when Savage lost his starting job and instead of trying to compete to get it back, he decides to cry about it and transfer?  Even Savage acknowledged it was a  mistake:http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/road-draft-pittsburghs-tom-savageThe decision to leave Rutgers initially was impetuous and Savage acknowledged at the NFL Combine he regrets it, saying, “I would just stay at Rutgers, be patient, and earn my job back. I got hurt. I lost my job. (Dodd) went in there and played great for the team. Coach (Schiano) went with the hot hand. I was an 18-year-old kid, bitter and ticked off. I thought I had all the answers and decided to leave. Obviously, looking back now, I could have handled it a different way. But I definitely matured from the whole process. I grew from it and I’m happy to be where I am now.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

because he did so well with his last fresh start and took Minnesota by storm. This guys is going to get cut before the season starts and will be back in the unemployment line.

Called it. I should have been bolder and said he'd be cut before training camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You could become a meteorologist and suck at your job and still make $150,000 to $200,000 a year. You seem to think there's something wrong with sucking to make money. :p

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.