Viewing 79 reply threads

• Author

• moose40

Participant

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10790136/josh-freeman-new-york-giants-agree-dealInteresting that he got signed by the Giants

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for him.They must think the Week 2 match-up from 2012 is a better indicator of what he "could" do.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

giants defensive backs are going to have great hands by the time the season starts. great signing in that regard.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ball boys 10 yards out of bounds will get a good workout catching those passes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

turd”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ironic that he signs with the “city that never sleeps”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In other news, New York is expecting a big boost to their economy through the increase of Molly sales.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah… A Giant disappointment

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whelp, eli will be playing lights out this year.No worse penalty for bad play than to be replaced by freeman. What an embarrassment that would be for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Camp arm, looking forward to seeing what the contract details are.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And JC rejoices!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

pile of suck

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell be cut in a month…. Who wants to take the over?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Inb4…”Freeman wins superbowl with giants.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman is better than McCown and Glennon. Yes I’m that guy. Yes I said it. He has cracked under pressure under schiano but I think he can get back on track.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman is better than McCown and Glennon. Yes I'm that guy. Yes I said it.

Raheem, is that you?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman is better than McCown and Glennon. Yes I'm that guy. Yes I said it. He has cracked under pressure under schiano but I think he can get back on track.

Without the drugs, maybe.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Josh Freeman’s last start in 2013 was against the Giants, a game in which he completed only 20 of 53 passes (37.7 percent), the second-worst single game completion percentage with at least 50 attempts since 2001.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Josh Freeman's last start in 2013 was against the Giants, a game in which he completed only 20 of 53 passes (37.7 percent), the second-worst single game completion percentage with at least 50 attempts since 2001."

Let's be honest he was not ready for that game and should have still been learning the offense. He got screwed in that situation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"Josh Freeman's last start in 2013 was against the Giants, a game in which he completed only 20 of 53 passes (37.7 percent), the second-worst single game completion percentage with at least 50 attempts since 2001."

Let's be honest he was not ready for that game and should have still been learning the offense. He got screwed in that situation.

Some people are bias and won't admit or understand that.I still believe he should've had better coaching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has cracked under pressure under schiano but I think he can get back on track.

Sure, because there is no pressure playing in New York under Coughlin ........

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where are all the people who said he was done in the NFL?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree, its a quote from the ESPN article.  He did get screwed, but he is the reason he was in the position to get screwed.  In some respects it was karma, if not for Freeman then certainly for his agent, that he was in that position.  I don't think he is as bad as the one game's stats suggest, but neither do I think he is presently committed to football.Maybe this is the opportunity Freeman needs to turn it around.  First job is to make the team.  A couple weeks ago on Sirius, Dom (of all people) was commenting that anyone added this late in free agency was just hoping to stick on the roster

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think he's done, but damn if he isn't close.  He could turn it all around though. Not sure he has it in him, but it could be done

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure he has it in him

We'll have to wait for the results from the lab...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman is toast.  I’ll be amazed if he can get his head back on straight and win a starting job in this league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol, well played

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m shocked someone hasn’t said Freeman going to the Giants is one less team for Glennon to be traded to…….unless………. Glennon gets traded to the Giants and beats out Freeman for the backup job behind Eli. Since Glennon already knows the system…….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman is better than McCown and Glennon. Yes I'm that guy. Yes I said it. He has cracked under pressure under schiano but I think he can get back on track.

Certainly, in potential. But, the guy obviously has some kind of emotional/mental problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From the article:  Freeman will compete for the No. 2 job on the Giants with Curtis Painter and Ryan Nassib.He has to compete against a guy who last went 1-15 as a starter, and a 4th round pick whose never played a down.  He's pretty close to being done.  Especially if he can't win this competition. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Certainly, in potential. But, the guy obviously has some kind of emotional/mental problem.

there's something about those little pills

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

This made me laugh pretty good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

Quality!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good god. The New Yorkers on PFT’s board regarding this signing are saying that this was a good signing and that Josh Freeman was misunderstood last year…… SMFH….I tried to set them straight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

Other than the "leak" (still pretty sure his agent did that, which I will never forgive Freeman for), was there any other substantiated evidence that Freeman was on drugs? I hear the "trust me, I know" from the local sports hacks...mainly the radio guys, which lets face, rank among the worst in the nation, and of course, the tardiness. But I can't remember reading anything with firm evidence that pointed to Freeman abusing illegal substances. So, I ask, why all of the vitriol and the drug allegations?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

Awesome!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

Other than the "leak" (still pretty sure his agent did that, which I will never forgive Freeman for), was there any other substantiated evidence that Freeman was on drugs? I hear the "trust me, I know" from the local sports hacks...mainly the radio guys, which lets face, rank among the worst in the nation, and of course, the tardiness. But I can't remember reading anything with firm evidence that pointed to Freeman abusing illegal substances. So, I ask, why all of the vitriol and the drug allegations?

because there is often "substantiated" evidence in the press of someone's drug use?  By its very nature its unlikely to be "substantiated" let alone discussed in the press.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

why all of the vitriol and the drug allegations?

Didn't we find out last season that Freeman entered the NFL's player drug program?Other than that? Listen to him in this following interview......... his speech has the classic signs of someone who is under the influence of illicit drugs IMO:http://www.620wdae.com/player/?mid=23374194

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m confident Joshy Molly will turn things around 360°.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

List of things Freeman needs to do to get back on track:1.ditch the combover or whatever the hell godforsaken hairstyle that was on top of his head last year.2.grow brack the fro dude u haven't been the same since u cut it. 3. Stick to weed if your going to do something illegal. 4. Hit up every taco bell in the ny/nj area. Get back to fat free.If he does all these things the giants might have a steal on their hands.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm shocked someone hasn't said Freeman going to the Giants is one less team for Glennon to be traded to.......unless.......... Glennon gets traded to the Giants and beats out Freeman for the backup job behind Eli. Since Glennon already knows the system.......

I'll have some of whatever he^^^^ is smoking!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

very nice -  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My NYG fan friend calls Freeman a camp arm.  Can’t say that’s a bad approach.  Dude always seemed better in camp than regular season

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more I read this thread title, the more I am waiting for the sentence to finish.Freeman's a Giant ________.I would fill in the blank with "waste of a roster spot".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he cannot win a roster spot on that team he’s done

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10790136/josh-freeman-new-york-giants-agree-dealInteresting that he got signed by the Giants

Repeat after me:ground-beef_3507-300x277.jpgCampMeat

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting choice of words.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless he has a change of attitude, I doubt he’s gonna start another game in the NFL. Don’t know what it is, but something is wrong with him and he isn’t the player he used to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Camp Fodder

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

1.  He lost weight and got slower.2.  He regressed.  Rookie year he was top 5 in QBR.3.  He was in the NFL's drug program.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of nightlife in New York for a pill-popping cokehead alcoholic ….should be a good fit.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He may get cut, he may stay on, but either way he’ll get good words from Coughlin about his dedication and commitment. #ifyoucanmakeitthere..Agent arranged rehab. Will it work?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

1.  He lost weight and got slower.2.  He regressed.  Rookie year he was top 5 in QBR.3.  He was in the NFL's drug program.

4. Plays lathergic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kerry Collins 2.0

Lindsay Lohan 2.0

they refuse to give details because they promised their source but SR and PR have pretty much confirmed there was a problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of nightlife in New York for a pill-popping cokehead alcoholic ....should be a good fit.

but Fire Island is a short drive away.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Many have seen him partying down in South Tampa ( he basically lived at MacDinton’s ) , and that bug-eyed weirdo is on more than just alcohol – although he’s on that too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sure there’s some sort of combination of people who don’t want to have to defend themselves in court over libel/slander even though they’re right and people who may like Freeman on some level and hope he can turn himself around in private without them publicly dragging his name through the mud for no real reason, but it seems a near certainty something has been going on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure there's some sort of combination of people who don't want to have to defend themselves in court over libel/slander even though they're right and people who may like Freeman on some level and hope he can turn himself around in private without them publicly dragging his name through the mud for no real reason, but it seems a near certainty something has been going on.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm shocked someone hasn't said Freeman going to the Giants is one less team for Glennon to be traded to.......unless.......... Glennon gets traded to the Giants and beats out Freeman for the backup job behind Eli. Since Glennon already knows the system.......

I'll have some of whatever he^^^^ is smoking!!

I know blue font is for sarcasm but I didn't use it here, and my post was 80% joking around, but if that oddball scenario played out (If Freeman is there for more then just a camp arm), a lot of heads would explode

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman got signed about when you should have expected it. He was the last in line, the music stopped for the backup QBs and he was the only chair left….and he’s not even guaranteed the backup gig. He has to outperform a draftee from last year which given his recent history isn’t a slam dunk no matter how unimpressive Nassib is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he cannot win a roster spot on that team he's done

Doubtful. He's got the potential to be a career backup somewhere unlike Tebow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are they still running the same Sullivan style option route offense he struggled with so much here in Tampa ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good Luck Josh!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Are they still running the same Sullivan style option route offense he struggled with so much here in Tampa ?

They were.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then he should win a roster spot, right? Have you seen the competition?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman will make the roster.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should and if he does his agent will be able to say his partying days are behind him because he survived Coughlin and NYC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He should and if he does his agent will be able to say his partying days are behind him because he survived Coughlin and NYC

And then he'll go to the raiders next year

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He'll be on the roster of some team this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably. The one exception would be if the same reports come out of NY (ie late for meeting etc)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Betty Ford Albatrosses

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look – I for one will not bad mouth the guy or root for him to fail.  Its obvious he has demons/things going on in his head.  I hope he, just like anyone faced with serious problems in life, can turn things around for himself and his family. If anything, its a sad story as he obviously has the physical ability to be a star in this league.  He let everything else get in the way - his up and downs were likely largely a result of the off field issues/problems which have been mentioned.  It wouldn't be the first time someone has let talent get in the way of success and, if he can turn things around, it wouldn't be the first time someone got help for substance abuse/mental problems and became a tremendous success story.  I can be upset with him for the way things played out in Tampa, letting down the team and the fan base, but I can't let that carry over into hoping he forever fails.  I hope he gets his life together and fulfills the promise/ability he has shown. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look - I for one will not bad mouth the guy or root for him to fail.  Its obvious he has demons/things going on in his head.  I hope he, just like anyone faced with serious problems in life, can turn things around for himself and his family. If anything, its a sad story as he obviously has the physical ability to be a star in this league.  He let everything else get in the way - his up and downs were likely largely a result of the off field issues/problems which have been mentioned.  It wouldn't be the first time someone has let talent get in the way of success and, if he can turn things around, it wouldn't be the first time someone got help for substance abuse/mental problems and became a tremendous success story.  I can be upset with him for the way things played out in Tampa, letting down the team and the fan base, but I can't let that carry over into hoping he forever fails.  I hope he gets his life together and fulfills the promise/ability he has shown.

Good post Jay

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Fire Island Fairy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bronx Boat Anchors

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the respectability in your post Jay.  While I agree I don’t want to see him fail everywhere, I also don’t want to get all butthurt watching another of our castoffs win a SB.  I would also like to see him come into a game against us and get swallowed up by our new/old look defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guy is a million miles away and you turds are still crying like little b!tches….Take some Ex Lax and let that sh!t go...

Please wait…

Viewing 79 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.