Viewing 65 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Could Josh Freeman Actually Go Unsigned?By Dan Zinski - Apr 3rd, 2014 at 12:29 pm freeman_zps4139f9cf.jpgOct 27, 2013; Minneapolis, MNMinnesota Vikings quarterback Josh Freeman (12) sits by the other quarterbacks during the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers at Mall of America Field at H.H.H. Metrodome. The Packers defeated the Vikings 44-31. Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports A lot of frankly mediocre quarterbacks have managed to snag contracts this offseason. Colt McCoy even got a deal, signing with the Washington Redskins on Thursday. And then there’s Josh Freeman, who remains on the market, unsigned. Is it actually possible that the former Pro Bowler Freeman could end up without a team in 2014? Amazing as it seems, I think there’s a chance that Freeman could be done in the NFL. You would think that Freeman’s talent would entice some team out there to take a chance. But it appears the red flags on Freeman have gotten too big and too red for front offices. The Vikings were willing to take a chance on Freeman last year, signing the QB after his release from Tampa Bay in hopes that he could pick up the offense and give them a spark. Rick Spielman tried to sell the signing as a long-term move but don’t be fooled, he wanted Freeman to come in immediately and provide the downfield passing that Christian Ponder could not. Freeman of course fizzled with the Vikings, performing dreadfully in his one start. After that historically bad Giants game, Freeman would spend the rest of the season on the shelf, supposedly working on his game. As the season progressed, the rumors began popping up about Freeman’s lack of work ethic. It’s all been denied on the record, but with each passing day that Freeman goes unsigned, the stories about his terrible attitude are given more credence. Clearly word has gotten around that Freeman won’t work. That’s bad news for a quarterback with as many obvious mechanical issues as Freeman. Still, you’d think someone out there would give him a shot. Freeman arguably had the most raw talent of any QB in this year’s free agent pool, with the possible exception of Michael Vick. Surely he is worth a low-cost contract to some QB needy team with a patient coaching staff? Apparently not. Even the Raiders, whose offensive coordinator Greg Olson has ties to Freeman, don’t seem interested in giving the former Tampa Bay QB a chance. Freeman at one time was a Pro Bowl player, but his skills have eroded to the point where now he can’t even get a sniff? Guys like Matt Schaub and Blaine Gabbert are being traded, and Freeman can’t get a look? It seems Freeman’s career is coming to a pathetic end.http://thevikingage.com/2014/04/03/josh-freeman-actually-go-unsigned/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Around%20the%20Network

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He never made the Pro Bowl.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where’s JC?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

Crying into his cock shaped pillow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn right he could go unsigned ….the fact that he’s an alcoholic pillhead isn’t a secret anymore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn right he could go unsigned ....the fact that he's an alcoholic pillhead isn't a secret anymore.

Yet teams sign murders like Ray Lewis without a second thought. Brilliant!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pissed it all away, blamed everyone else, and tried to burn the organization down. He is in the top five for douchers in Buc lore.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The fall from grace has been an epic one. I can remember banter around here. He just needs more weapons. Truth is that Schiano and this organization were likely being laughed at for sticking with the guy as long as we did. We benched him, cut him and then were ripped by most “experts”. He signed with the Vikings and put on one of the worst displays of Quarterbacking you’ll ever see and no one said a word from that point on. Amazing really.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Damn right he could go unsigned ....the fact that he's an alcoholic pillhead isn't a secret anymore.

Lewis was one of the best of all time. If Josh were one of the best of all time, you can bet your incoherent azz teams would be lined up to sign him. How  much leash you get is directly proportional to the amount of talent you have.You don't like it, it's not "PC" but its the reality in a league which gives you two years to take a very bad team and make it a good one. You tolerate players until you can replace them. End of story.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Ray's problems weren't things that affected his stellar play on the field ...... Freeman's problems affect Freeman's already inconsistent and mediocore play and his work ethic.....get it , or you still confused ??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He made one as an alternate, but never got to play IIRC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Ray's problems weren't things that affected his stellar play on the field ...... Freeman's problems affect Freeman's already inconsistent and mediocore play and his work ethic.....get it , or you still confused ??

Whatever keeps you on the hook as I reel it in. :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Alternate does not count …an Alternate is just someone you can trot out there in case the real pro bowler gets hurt or backs out of going to Honolulu.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whatever keeps you on the hook as I reel it in. :P

You got me to answer your dumb question ....wow , you certainly are a wily one . I'll have to keep an eye on you.  LOL  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the league must be racist against him.  At least that’s the excuse most people on this forum gave whenever I said anything negative about the franchise boy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the league must be racist against him.  At least that's the excuse most people on this forum gave whenever I said anything negative about the franchise boy.

Oh you're the guy that keeps coming back after getting banned?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But….he’s only 25.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the league must be racist against him.  At least that's the excuse most people on this forum gave whenever I said anything negative about the franchise boy.

I'm the guy who may post contrary to popular opinion on this forum, but who was right all along.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My bad. I don't remember that happening at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's because it happened last minute after other QB's actually deserving couldn't make it for the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's because it happened last minute after other QB's actually deserving couldn't make it for the game.

Yeah, but I remember Donald Penn and Davin Joseph making it as alternates after the more deserving offensive linemen declined to play. Maybe because they actually played.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Freeman done? PUMP THE BRAKES!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you can still convince yourself you were right that Tebow is good , it’s not a surprise you can convince yourself you were “right all along “

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

cooking up some conspiracy theory

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree he sucks as a QB but I wonder how old he has to be before you no longer call him boy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’ll be picked up somewhere as a camp body to throw to the third stringers. He’ll flame out in a preseason game and he’ll never play in the NFL again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The guy has mental problems. There are obviously things people know about him that hasn't been said yet publicly.If guys like Orlovsky is getting signed over Freeman, something is wrong with him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's think about this for a second. If i as a board member got banned, there is no way in hell i'd go thru the trouble to keep sneaking back in under a terrible cloak of anonymity. How desperate and empty must one's life be?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gettin’ them goats, man…gettin’ em.  Herdin’ em.Oh yeah, Freetard is a garbage can, a liar, and a thief.You can tell by listening to him talk for longer than ten minutes that the guy is shaky...anxious.  Said that for years.  And years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree he sucks as a QB but I wonder how old he has to be before you no longer call him boy?

You're talking to Java, right?  His use of the word "boy" is Freudian

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're talking to Java, right?  His use of the word "boy" is Freudian

Now you know that he has been trollish with the racist bias towards white athletes, but what you did was basically kept the negative energy going.  Good job trying to make him look bad.  BOY.I do not find what he typed in this instance as cringe worthy.  He was the franchise boy.  Certainly no man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

God I can’t stand even seeing a pic of his stupid face

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whether you like him as a football player or not he is a grown man, not a boy.  Even if one denies any racist undertone, I find the term very condescending when used in the context of referring to an adult male that you are not personal friends with.  Given the historical perspective of Black men in this country being demeaned with this term, perhaps one should be more sensitive to how the term will be taken when used in this manner. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let's think about this for a second. If i as a board member got banned, there is no way in hell i'd go thru the trouble to keep sneaking back in under a terrible cloak of anonymity. How desperate and empty must one's life be?

Life must be lonely for that guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I always pictured Freeman with big rainbow flags, not red ones. Hmm..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

yeah but Ray Lewis was actually good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

I've said numerous times he needs rehab and a new agent. His situation is nearly identical to Kerry Collins in the 90s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

I've said numerous times he needs rehab and a new agent. His situation is nearly identical to Kerry Collins in the 90s.

You also said he needs to go Cincinnati or San Fran to beat out their stater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

I think what he was saying (because for once I actually agreed with him) that Freeman needed to go to a team whose current starter was meh, giving him a chance to come off the bench mid-late season after getting a chance to learn the playbook.  STL and OAK were on that list as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

C’mon man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

I think what he was saying (because for once I actually agreed with him) that Freeman needed to go to a team whose current starter was meh, giving him a chance to come off the bench mid-late season after getting a chance to learn the playbook.  STL and OAK were on that list as well.

He'll never beat out those guys.... Ever

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not a fan of Lewis, but if there was any evidence he was a "murderer" no way that he strikes the plea to turn state's evidence on two no name guys. It would be the other way a round. The authorities would always choose a big name

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

Dalton stinks. If he was the Bucs QB in 2012 we would have went 3-13.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

And he's better than Freeman. SF could have had Freeman for free but traded something of value for Blaine Gabbert... Blaine Gabbert.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can Freeman play WR?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Even Mark Sanchez  has a new team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Word is definitely out on Free. If he was smart, he'd come clean, get himself help and then attempt a comeback. People will give you a second chance if you admit your mistakes and make changes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A couple of weeks ago SR said he could have been signed already but Freeman and his agent were asking for alot of money. That’s why I keep saying he needs a new agent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone has to pay for his coke habit

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup-he-looks-ready-USAT-Images.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most of you defended him for years and thought he was a cool dude lol. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Where's JC?

Freeman wouldn't beat out Dalton. Take your meds, bro.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was no reason not to defend him in 2009 and 2010. He was our QB and he showed a lot of promise. I wonder about the people who didn't support him back then. Gotta question the motives. I can understand the people who still wanted to give him a chance after 2011 too. That was a crazy year and could have been a fluke. The only people that I consider a bit delusional are the ones that kept supporting him and making excuses for him all the way through 2012 and into 2013. He had clearly developed some real personal issues and transformed into a turd at that point. It was obvious he had become a complete bust and some folks just refused to admit it or move on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess the NFL & the PA will be releasing there report about Schiano & the Bucs leaking Freemans info any day now. This sure has been a long investigation…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Idk about "cool dude," but I thought he had a cool head during games and a strong enough arm to do better than he did. At least to a flacco level.Finding out he was hopped up on drugs was indeed a shocker to me, and once I knew it for certain, I was done trying to support the guy.He still has talent that could be cultured, but wtf wants to fight his hidden habits/troubles, when they can go out and find an average qb anywhere that doesn't have those issues?I'm a guy who still believes freeman would be a good qb without the drugs, but even I wouldn't waste my time.He has to approach this right. Make a media circus, tell everyone you have a problem, then go get certifiable help. If he gets "cleared" by a real facility, he has a much better chance at playing in the league again. Jmo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Big red flags?  I think I know what/who inspired the new Bucs logo…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There was no reason not to defend him in 2009 and 2010. He was our QB and he showed a lot of promise. I wonder about the people who didn't support him back then. Gotta question the motives. I can understand the people who still wanted to give him a chance after 2011 too. That was a crazy year and could have been a fluke. The only people that I consider a bit delusional are the ones that kept supporting him and making excuses for him all the way through 2012 and into 2013. He had clearly developed some real personal issues and transformed into a turd at that point. It was obvious he had become a complete bust and some folks just refused to admit it or move on.

2012 was his most prolific year and he and the offense set franchise records for points scored and total yards. Imagine what might have been if he had bought into the system and actually focused on football. He and Mike Williams can go hang for all I care. They blew a great opportunity and deserve nothing. What a huge waste of talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a lot of rumors and innuendo.  even sr won’t come out and say what is the deal. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was for a short time. Until he decided to go all anorexic on us. One of life's great mysteries.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was for a short time. Until he decided to go all anorexic on us. One of life's great mysteries.

He went anorexic in 2011.    You said as recently as September of 2013 that Freeman would be given the ENITIRE 2013 season to prove himself by starting every game for the Bucs.Wrong again Schmucko.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve never bought a tell all book. Never even been tempted…..but I would buy a Josh Freeman tell all. Maybe someday, maybe soon, when he is out of football he will release one. I think I have a pretty good idea of what went down, but I would love to know exactly what happen. The whole thing is just so wierd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He went anorexic in 2011.    You said as recently as September of 2013 that Freeman would be given the ENITIRE 2013 season to prove himself by starting every game for the Bucs.Wrong again Schmucko.

Link?And hows that Tebow prediction working out?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whether you like him as a football player or not he is a grown man, not a boy.  Even if one denies any racist undertone, I find the term very condescending when used in the context of referring to an adult male that you are not personal friends with.  Given the historical perspective of Black men in this country being demeaned with this term, perhaps one should be more sensitive to how the term will be taken when used in this manner.

Sensitivity is for lame-os. However, yes he is a man. He's gone through puberty and has the genitals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Link?And hows that Tebow prediction working out?

He doesn't have links. He keeps a notepad file of every poster and of every prediction they ever made. He even keeps pics of posters on his hard drive. Creepy. That's why I'll rarely post anything personal here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that dude is asking for a link for something he said over and over again, that’s pretty humiliating for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If that dude is asking for a link for something he said over and over again, that's pretty humiliating for him.

Translation  [ I speak fluent Java}I don't have a link,  I am just throwing shit at the wall and hope it sticks.

Please wait…

Viewing 65 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.