Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• Runole

Participant

The Brady/Bucs Super Bowl sent a seismic wave across the NFL of epic proportions.
      In one fell swoop the whole league majorly changed from building for the future with the draft to the future is now. From QB’s looking for a greener grass to massive free agent signings(see KC and NE)most of the league has changed dramatically in fine tuning their objective. Perhaps the pandemic played a part but this season seems far more exciting with anticipation. Not just because the Bucs won the Super Bowl. Anyone else agree?

• buc_boi

Participant

In today’s MODERN NFL, Jason licht set the bar for the entire league! Imagine that, folks.

This is gonna be such a fun year, and I just love it when we know that ahead of time.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

In today’s MODERN NFL, Jason licht set the bar for the entire league! Imagine that, folks.

This is gonna be such a fun year, and I just love it when we know that ahead of time.

How to instantly win back to back Super Bowls:

1. Bring in the greatest QB to ever play the game, regardless of how old he is

2. Let said QB dictate how the offense will be run

3. Once the first Super Bowl is won, do whatever it takes to bring back all starters and key reserves.

• Runole

Participant

AMEN! Even the revered Belichick is trying to recover from the greatest steal in at least recent NFL history.

• kenntak

Participant

One game at a time.

• Runole

Participant

One game at a time.

Most certainly!

Just an observation but I think most of the talking heads that cover the sport nationally are a bit perturbed because their current darling KC got stomped. A Buc win was not supposed to happen. Deep down they know the Bucs are going to be even better. Barring extensive injuries and complacency their fears are justified.

• kenntak

Participant

I totally agree. What was it, 75-80% of the media were picking the Chiefs? Many thought the game would not be close–and their egos got bruised.

Mahomes is a spectacular QB, but to call him the baby G.O.A.T. at this point of his career was a real slap in the face to Brady and to all of the great QBs of the past that had stellar careers. The media loves engaging in exaggerated speculation and sensationalism!

• seekpar

Participant

The media loves engaging in exaggerated speculation and sensationalism!

Yep, just like some of the talking heads here on PR…

• Runole

Participant

How to instantly win back to back Super Bowls:

1. Bring in the greatest QB to ever play the game, regardless of how old he is

2. Let said QB dictate how the offense will be run

3. Once the first Super Bowl is won, do whatever it takes to bring back all starters and key reserves.

As someone that watched Unitas, Brady is of the same cloth. Basically he is a OC that plays QB. His ability to read defenses is his greatest asset. He has seen them all. He inspires his teammates the value of flawless execution. Bucs hit a HR!

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Definitely see a kind of NBA-vibe going on recently in that the older elite level players are starting to want to have more control over how and where their careers are going to wind down. Many of us knew Bucs were just a solid to excellent QB away from making a run and that certainly was proven true with Brady coming to Tampa. Now the top QBs want what Brady has. He definitely redefined the NFL in one season! So glad it was with the Bucs. It all still doesn’t seem real somehow that my Bucs accomplished what they did.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I totally agree. What was it, 75-80% of the media were picking the Chiefs? Many thought the game would not be close–and their egos got bruised.

Mahomes is a spectacular QB, but to call him the baby G.O.A.T. at this point of his career was a real slap in the face to Brady and to all of the great QBs of the past that had stellar careers. The media loves engaging in exaggerated speculation and sensationalism!

Baby GOAT? LOL. Never send a boy to do a man’s job.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

i never understood rebuilding.

i also dont understand teams that draft a QB (unless it’s a guy like Manning, Luck, Lawrence) if the rest of the team is slop.

Build the offensive and defensive lines up, then add skill positions, back 7, then you add in a QB. Look at the Ravens/Chiefs model where they plug in a QB to a very skilled team.

as for the Bucs, they drafted well the last several drafts leading up to the Superbowl. Feel like half their starters came in the last several drafts. They then added some key veterans through trade/free agency – Jensen, Suh, JPP, Shaq.

If you add a guy like Brady, then you get the stars that want to play with him – Gronk, AB, Lenny, etc. but there is only ONE brady. No way guys like Watson or Stafford have the same impact. Aaron Rogers may have a similar impact on a smaller scale but no idea as Greenbay never really were players in free agency

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.