Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• bradentonian

Participant

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football-player-news

Anthony Gaitor - DB - Free AgentBucs released DB Anthony Gaitor and signed LS Anthony DePaola.Gaitor appeared in just four games over the last two seasons, battling hamstring woes in 2012 and sustaining a torn ACL during camp last year. He was a seventh-round pick of the Bucs in 2011.Source: Rick Stroud on Twitter May 14 - 10:58 AM

I liked Gaitor and thought he might have a better shot with Slot corner being its own position.  Hopefully this is a good sign that we are improving our bench strength at CB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How can he not be given a fair chance with the new coaching staff?!?!?! He played in a horrible scheme last year. Now he can be mentored by Verner. He should be our CB of the future!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How can he not be given a fair chance with the new coaching staff?!?!?! He played in a horrible scheme last year. Now he can be mentored by Verner. He should be our CB of the future!

FRG is "Glennon mad"I guess that is why 10lb's TD stat got under your skin

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually didn’t think Gaitor was that bad. Would have liked to see him fight for a roster spot through the pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought I saw somewhere that Gaitor was a bit of a slow-learner.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnson, Melvin and Gorer take note. Signing Jenkins and DJ Moore upped the experience level. Both have played cover 2.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Bucs did the right thing by Gaitor in letting him go so he has a better chance to latch on somewhere else. Look at the Bucs CBs. They will probably carry 5 and those 5 will probably be Verner, Banks, Johnson, Jenkins, and Gorrer. There’s just no room on the roster for Gaitor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

not surprising. He never did anything here, just like Myron Lewis

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate to see him go, I always liked him. I guess we must have some decent depth at corner now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Technically that isn't correct.  He was on IR last year with a torn ACL so he didn't play at all. But I understand your intent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I liked the guy – when he could play.  Plenty of opportunities will come his way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Later gaitor!

Please wait…

• bnjsnow

Participant

Capese is caput..(nothing to do with the thread..except alliteration)..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FRG is "Glennon mad"

Lol he is

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why am I mad about Glennon? The new GM and coach brought in a QB who is supposed to be better than him. I’m happy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Bucs did the right thing by Gaitor in letting him go so he has a better chance to latch on somewhere else. Look at the Bucs CBs. They will probably carry 5 and those 5 will probably be Verner, Banks, Johnson, Jenkins, and Gorrer. There's just no room on the roster for Gaitor.

D.J. Moore was a 4th round pick of the Bears in ’09. Rashaan Melvin was looking very good last year before he got hurt. Deveron Carr is athletic and still a prospect. Marc Anthony & Keith Lewis are also athletes I’m not familiar with. That’s 10 guys who were ahead of Gaitor… Tough, but injuries will set you back in the pecking order when you’re not starting. A team just plugs in another FA who has a 50/50 chance to be better…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gaitor would be a terriffic fit in our scheme. He was just injury prone. Too small. Midget loses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Carr and Melvin are the ones that will benefit most from this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Opens up another P/S slot.

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.