Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Magna Ori216

Participant

I don’t post much on here but after this game I decided to do so. Alot of people are upset and deservedly so.Let me start by saying that James was bad today. However one thing I noticed was the numerous holding and illegal formation plays that continously backed us up. It hard to get out of that for any qb. Also felt like the OC did us no favors. Needed way more quick stuff and probably should've featured ASJ. He was a mismatch all night long. Thought Mariota did well but what actually stood put was thr playcalling. Wiz did a phenomenal job. He was definitely running an offense that resembles his college offense. Most were screens and quick hits and 1 long td pass to Wright. Our staff was schooled and unprepared. The saints will pick this D apart if they play like this. O line declined as the game went onPlayed too much man and #23 was horribleJennings looked like our best cornerCoaching/prep= yuck Lvd was mia After re watching the game the d line had no time to get Mariota because those short seams were open every play and we never adjusted. On that same note that short seam was open for us all night too and we didn't run plays to take advantage of that.I can't say we will be fine because we don't look much better than last year but I feel like Winston will improve and having Evans back will help but it will take time. Our defense?? I hope so or we'll be picking top 5 for sure.Overall this game was definitely more us than them.

• Anonymous

Inactive

heres what I saw from the standsthe defense was not coordinated at all. players didn't know what was going on. could not cover slants and poor run fitsthe offensive line was offensive. Cherilus in particular was absolutely horribleWinston was pressing way too much and it showed with poor throws. he also had to throw off balance because of poor protectionReceivers did a poor job of getting open. hopefully Evans' return will loosen defenses upplaycalling was weird. we never once took a shot just to scare and loosen up their defense.penalties penalties penalties. we have zero discipline like last year and this falls on the coachesthe coaches overall did a shitpoor job preparing the team and it showed. they also continue to allow mental errors and stupid penaltiesthis team sucks and is poorly coached. we should expect more beatings like this if things don't change. I worry that these goons are going to ruin our young players like Winston and Evans

• bucism1

Participant

I agree

• Anonymous

Inactive

I believe Koetter is the right guy to coordinate this offense, outside of him…not so sure.

• Anonymous

Inactive

at some point you can’t blame coaches for bad performance.  Safeties and LBs bit on the play fake all game. It wasn’t some defunct scheme that led to the middle being so open. It was because players weren’t doing what they were supposed to.  Defense gave up too man points.  As for the offense the penalties hurt.  There were a lot of sloppy plays too.  Winston almost botched the handoff at least twice and tripped on his own feet on one play. Pick 6 hurt.  Refs weren’t kind either.  Lots of bad and not a lot of good.  But the difference between good and bad is a lot smaller than I think most fans recognize.  If Kwon doesn’t drop that pick he is housing it.  Mariot also should have had a fumble in the end zone that should have been a safety (at least from what I could see but I was at the game). We make a few stops and perhaps the bucs crawl back into it.  Defense just couldn’t do it.  End of the day, if the defense gives up 6 tds, it probably doesn't matter how good or bad Winston does. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.