Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• Benchwarmer#1

Participant

Make me feel as if there is no need for lovie.NOT suggesting the glazers fire him right now, or even later in the season, but for arguments sake, i honestly don't see how it hurts Tampa one little bit to can lovie at season's end.He's had 28 games (including ps) to get his defense right. Mariota b#tchslaped this defense for 4 tds in his very first nfl game. (Also needs to be said, lovie said they studied the titans exclusively in PS. Lovie also MET and worked out mariota.)Cam newton didnt have much (2tds),but then again..why throw if you dont have to?Ryan mallet threw for 228 yards, with arguably a worse ol than tampas. They also got ran all over as well.Drew brees had a rough day all on his own (was ailing from something, I'm sure of it). Even with the defense playing better that day, he was still able to gain 250 yards passing.And then today..Imvho, its not that lovies defense gets bit"hslapped all the time, (because statistically, it's not) it's that it never seems to improve and blows up badly, very quickly.They also are screwing up the TOP for winston and co. If you want to score points and eat up clock, most of the time the offense needs to be out there to do so. They shut down more on third down situations, tampa gets the ball back more often. Something even lovie should like.And these big plays lovie is so worried about is silly. So what if a guy has an opportunity to punch the ball out, and instead goes for the wrap, stopping them three to five yards faster? We have games like those, where the offense just took over, and, if given enough time, the opponents crappy offense would STILL come back against this defense.Other than having to pay another coach to sit, and having to pay koetter hc money (which isnt OUR problem), and an adjustment of the defensive scheme (which wouldnt be a big loss) tampa wouldnt be hurting much from that type of switch.Then again, IF lovie could just keep his hands 100% off the offense, i could care less if he stays. I dont think he ever will, or ever has left his offenses alone.I dont believe tampa will win without a decent offensive minded hc, and i don't believe lovie is the guy to get tampa anywhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn’t agree more

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

good take, agreed as well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just bought this key chain.  :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought that was a toilet seat

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(as close to a laugh as we are gonna get)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s definitely a better coach out there. Who it is, I don’t know but I know coaching is lacking on this team. Too many times have we seen this team shoot itself in the foot with bad penalties, bad decision making, and just plain poor schemes. Too many times. It makes me frustrated as a fan because I want this team to be better but they continuously shoot themselves in the foot. Sure there is a personnel problem but the HC chooses who he wants on his team. The team won today and I'm very happy with that but it took 11 games before they finally did. There is a better coach out there who would have this team ready to play every Sunday. That can have them play close to mistake free football. The teams that execute and limit mistakes usually are in position to win the game. We saw how that can work today but it's not done consistently enough and is rarely done vs solid teams. I want this team to be successful and consistently successful. We need a better coach. A way better coach. Who is he? I don't know.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

(as close to a laugh as we are gonna get)

Genuinely lol'd

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s great to see the oline looking way better then last year and it’s good to see Winston have a better game, but lovies defense sucks. There’s only 2 ways I see his defense improving. One is by finding a stud DE to add to the Dline next year and some better secondary players who aren’t ex-bears. Finding a stud DE is easier said then done tho. Every team in the league would love to find those and if u draft one u have to hope they work out and we need production quick. The other way to improve using lovies system is by blitzing more. Anyone notice how we actually blitzed a few more times today and how effective it was? We got to bortles in under 2 seconds when we blitzed. Unfortunately one time during a blitz we got to him in under a second but he escaped thru the middle for a big game and that led a score and that was petty much the end of blitzing. But if we’re going to continue with lovies terrible soft zone coverage with a Dline that isn’t even above average in terms of consistent play by play pressure then in my opinion we have to blitz more often. Anyone else think it’s a joke to see our lbs show blitz then drop back into coverage but the QB has his pick at like 3 wide open targets? That’s literally all game long for us every single game now under lovie smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's great to see the oline looking way better then last year and it's good to see Winston have a better game, but lovies defense sucks. There's only 2 ways I see his defense improving. One is by finding a stud DE to add to the Dline next year and some better secondary players who aren't ex-bears. Finding a stud DE is easier said then done tho. Every team in the league would love to find those and if u draft one u have to hope they work out and we need production quick. The other way to improve using lovies system is by blitzing more. Anyone notice how we actually blitzed a few more times today and how effective it was? We got to bortles in under 2 seconds when we blitzed. Unfortunately one time during a blitz we got to him in under a second but he escaped thru the middle for a big game and that led a score and that was petty much the end of blitzing. But if we're going to continue with lovies terrible soft zone coverage with a Dline that isn't even above average in terms of consistent play by play pressure then in my opinion we have to blitz more often. Anyone else think it's a joke to see our lbs show blitz then drop back into coverage but the QB has his pick at like 3 wide open targets? That's literally all game long for us every single game now under lovie smith.

I saw that david got him real quick. That was beautiful.Things like that, ..how can lovie NOT allow?You better believe if i were hc, LD would be blitzing at least three to five times a game. Maybe more, depending on how productive it is ingame. He's simply too good at the LOS not to use him that way, regardless of the system.And yes, watching them drop back, every down, is tough to watch. Someone needs to go after the qb. Because sorry everyone, but the front four isnt getting there fast enough on their own.You send david or kwon, and you'd be making a qb choose what to do real quick. THAT is when a defense cashes in. Plus, they stop knowing for sure that you're just going to drop them in coverage.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's great to see the oline looking way better then last year and it's good to see Winston have a better game, but lovies defense sucks. There's only 2 ways I see his defense improving. One is by finding a stud DE to add to the Dline next year and some better secondary players who aren't ex-bears. Finding a stud DE is easier said then done tho. Every team in the league would love to find those and if u draft one u have to hope they work out and we need production quick. The other way to improve using lovies system is by blitzing more. Anyone notice how we actually blitzed a few more times today and how effective it was? We got to bortles in under 2 seconds when we blitzed. Unfortunately one time during a blitz we got to him in under a second but he escaped thru the middle for a big game and that led a score and that was petty much the end of blitzing. But if we're going to continue with lovies terrible soft zone coverage with a Dline that isn't even above average in terms of consistent play by play pressure then in my opinion we have to blitz more often. Anyone else think it's a joke to see our lbs show blitz then drop back into coverage but the QB has his pick at like 3 wide open targets? That's literally all game long for us every single game now under lovie smith.

I saw that david got him real quick. That was beautiful.Things like that, ..how can lovie NOT allow?You better believe if i were hc, LD would be blitzing at least three to five times a game. Maybe more, depending on how productive it is ingame. He's simply too good at the LOS not to use him that way, regardless of the system.And yes, watching them drop back, every down, is tough to watch. Someone needs to go after the qb. Because sorry everyone, but the front four isnt getting there fast enough on their own.You send david or kwon, and you'd be making a qb choose what to do real quick. THAT is when a defense cashes in. Plus, they stop knowing for sure that you're just going to drop them in coverage.

We can only cross our fingers that they figured this out now. Because they finally did do this more often. The stopped after the bortles scramble as if t scared them but they should just live with it, the blitz worked great. They were on him in a flash and nearly got him. If they didn't blitz he just would have thrown to a would open WR like every other play anyway

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We can only cross our fingers that they figured this out now. Because they finally did do this more often. The stopped after the bortles scramble as if t scared them but they should just live with it, the blitz worked great. They were on him in a flash and nearly got him. If they didn't blitz he just would have thrown to a would open WR like every other play anyway

Funny. I was thinking the same thing watching the game film from last week. Why not blitz David?Because he is worthless dropping back into zone coverage anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The D definitely needs to attack more… With all the speed we have at LB? Why not.Kinda miss Schianos attacking D.Id be OK with ditching Lovie, but we cant lose Koetter. Hes the best thing to happen to this team since Gruden. If Lovie goes, our only option might be to hand Koetter the keys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The KRAKEN KOETTER has been released!Have to agree on David. He is being force-fed the Tampa2 D, and he's up-chucking. Using him as a rusher/blitzer more often makes enormous sense. I'd even go to a hybrid 3-4 at least on 3rd downs, just to get David in ATTACK mode...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just bought this key chain.  :P

LOL!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to agree on David. He is being force-fed the Tampa2 D, and he's up-chucking. Using him as a rusher/blitzer more often makes enormous sense. I'd even go to a hybrid 3-4 at least on 3rd downs, just to get David in ATTACK mode...

i disagree.  he missed what appeared to be an easy TFL on yeldon, 4 yard loss which turned into a 9 yard game.  just arm tackled.  then a series or two later he had the same shot at him and hesitated, giving yeldon another gainer which could have been a TFL.  the plays are there to be made.  hes just not making them

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Have to agree on David. He is being force-fed the Tampa2 D, and he's up-chucking. Using him as a rusher/blitzer more often makes enormous sense. I'd even go to a hybrid 3-4 at least on 3rd downs, just to get David in ATTACK mode...

i disagree.  he missed what appeared to be an easy TFL on yeldon, 4 yard loss which turned into a 9 yard game.  just arm tackled.  then a series or two later he had the same shot at him and hesitated, giving yeldon another gainer which could have been a TFL.  the plays are there to be made.  hes just not making them

Eh, maybe.I also happen to believe that LD can do it all. Go cover, or stay at, or behind, the LOS. No Lb is great at 24/7 coverage, but regardless, David has a nack at the line that is undeniable.What is screwing him up, imo, is not the system, but rather how lovie wants to play his system. The cover two would work ok with david, just like any system. However, lovie wants turnovers, and is coaching the players to get them. It becomes obvious when you see punching, instead of wrap-ups, every game.They have made that a mainstay of this defense, but its one that fights David's natural tackling abilities and puts him on an island more often than not.Have they got it down? Idk. Dont think so? But LD is a darn good player, that might be having a rough time in a system he's still getting used to.He had a good game yesterday, so hopefully the lights have come on, and stay on.Besides, he was having a pretty good season before yesterday. It just wasnt anything flashy, such as sacks and ints.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was a fan of bringing in Lovie so I say this with some sadness but he isn’t a good match here.  The penalties are out of control and the defense is not where it needs to be.  Yesterday was all about Koetter who was magnificent using the players he had and their skill sets to the best possible outcome.  Im actually very concerned about our pro scouting and talent evaluation. We rarely push the right buttons there.  Imagine where this team would be had they kept Revis and Barth to name just two. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those late reaction times are all on LD.  At least two arm tackles I remember yesterday… in addition to not squaring up his pads  (basic stuff)  but he offsets those NEGS (so far) with sacks and other PLUS plays.We're used to seeing him make NO mistakes.  Because he is making them this season does not mean everything is on the scheme.I will say that the first 15 yards in coverage has to be cleaned up. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those late reaction times are all on LD.  At least two arm tackles I remember yesterday... in addition to not squaring up his pads  (basic stuff)  but he offsets those NEGS (so far) with sacks and other PLUS plays.We're used to seeing him make NO mistakes.  Because he is making them this season does not mean everything is on the scheme.I will say that the first 15 yards in coverage has to be cleaned up.

That last line can be true for the whole defense.And everyting isnt on the scheme. Can't answer that one really. But i do have a feeling that with kwon's speed (that run down was awsome btw), they (both lovie and david) might be more relaxed. I know davids play was much tighter in the days of foster. I just dont feel david is a guy you fart around with his play. Let him find his niche in-game, and let him do it. That, imo, is how you play david.Still, can't complain about the guy too much. Still is a pretty darn good player. With or without lovie.

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.